NYJetsFan.com Forums: Michael Turner - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Michael Turner

#21 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 15 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Chargers won't settle for a 3rd and maybe not a 2nd either because they know how much they can get for him as a lot of teams will be interested.

Theres probaly 3 teams that are interested, most teams in the league already have a featured back. No team will give a 1st round pick for a RB, they will find that out, only LT, Reggie Bush types of backs are 1st rounds. RBs are way to easy to find to have them worth so much. Man to think, we would of had him this year, but Sproles got injured so they didnt want to trade their back up. They will put a first round tender on him, but in the end some team will work out a deal with them so then they will sign him then trade him. I would package McCariens into the deal. They need WRs, and McCariens is a decent #2 WR. Also, we have the #24 open for him, I would love to see that # in our back field come next year! Either him or Marshawn Lynch, they are the only 2 backs I want. Thomas Jones is a UFA, so another team that needs a RB can take him. There are not many teams at all that needs backs, the only ones are, the Packers, Jets, Texans, Browns Though I dont really think the Browns need one that bad, they need a offensive line more and a QB.
The team with the biggest need for a RB is us and the Texans. I seriously doubt the Giants go after a RB, they will have Jacobs as their feature back, and they will pick up a back to be a backup, so they wont get Lynch or Turner, they need CBs more. Im actually worried, that the Giants will take Asante Samuel, I really want him to be a Jet next year too.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 14 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
once again your wrong. just cause SD puts a tender on him doens't mean we have to pay that. we could work out a trade for turner. maybe a 2nd rounder and j-mac for turner. i'd to that immediatly

Technically...yes...but come on jetsfan you know the Chargers won't settle for that. Especially AJ Smith...you know Smith is going to get the most out of Turner.

Turner will cost a first and maybe more...so please stop saying we can get him for less...it's not like the Chargers are gonna be feeling generous and just give Turner away.

Bottom line for me is he has never proven to be a full time back. Yeah I like the way he plays...yes he may become a starter and be flat out amazing...but I'm simply not willing to be the guinea pig team to find that out.

Once again...the only thing Turner has proven is that he can occasionally spell the best back in the league, behind a very good offensive line, and get a good YPC. He only has 157 carries in 3 years...the average starter gets well over 300 carries a season. Yet this guy has somehow proven he can be an effective starter?

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thomas Jones is a UFA, so another team that needs a RB can take him.

No he's not...

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, we have the #24 open for him, I would love to see that # in our back field come next year!

Why the love with the # 24? Lynch would likely wear 24...that being the number he wore his freshman year before he switched to 10. But really...why would Turner go for 24? He's never worn 24 before? haha....
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically...yes...but come on jetsfan you know the Chargers won't settle for that. Especially AJ Smith...you know Smith is going to get the most out of Turner.

Turner will cost a first and maybe more...so please stop saying we can get him for less...it's not like the Chargers are gonna be feeling generous and just give Turner away.

Bottom line for me is he has never proven to be a full time back. Yeah I like the way he plays...yes he may become a starter and be flat out amazing...but I'm simply not willing to be the guinea pig team to find that out.

Once again...the only thing Turner has proven is that he can occasionally spell the best back in the league, behind a very good offensive line, and get a good YPC. He only has 157 carries in 3 years...the average starter gets well over 300 carries a season. Yet this guy has somehow proven he can be an effective starter?
No he's not...
Why the love with the # 24? Lynch would likely wear 24...that being the number he wore his freshman year before he switched to 10. But really...why would Turner go for 24? He's never worn 24 before? haha....

the chargers arne't gonna be giving him away. a 2nd rounder for a career back-up is very good. think about how many players recently brought in a 1st round pick. randy moss, john abe, ricky williams. those are the only 3. williams was an 1800 yard RB, moss was the TD leader and a 5 time pro bowler, and abe was a 3 time pro bolwer and a 10+ sack guy almost every year. how is turner in there league. he's not. lamont would have went for a 2nd but the raiders didn't want to give it, they offered a 3rd. lamont had higher value then turner has. i doubt any team offers more then a 2nd and they will trade him since they have LT and sproles.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#24 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

Chargers will put a 1st round tender, but they will negoiate on a trade for less. They will take a 2nd round pick.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chargers will put a 1st round tender, but they will negoiate on a trade for less. They will take a 2nd round pick.

If they put a 1st round tender on him, then surely they believe he is worth a 1st round pick.

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:39 PM

Most of the vets on this board know I'm so torn over a back. Alot of draft boards are suggesting that we will have no shot a Lynch without moving up. However I didn't know that Michael Bush if he hadn't gotten injured he could be a mid 1st round pick. I kind of see Bush like Gore in a sense. His stock plummets because of an injury and is better then perceived and could be a major steal

Turner on the other hand is another guy where you can't ignore his skill set. However Hurricane, I tend to disagree with you're analogy on the amount of carries & yards Tuner has versus years he's played in San Diego. Martyball has always been about L.T and keep in mind that Marty is an oldschool minded coach. L.T subs himself out whenever he feels he needs a blow. There are not scripted plays for Turner. Turner is simply a guy to give L.T a rest not a guy that's involved in the scheme of the offense. Therefore his carries/yards vs years he's played doesn't factor into you're argument here. So I can't really think of it in the way you are. It wasn't like when K.C got L.J and Priest was getting injured and they ran a 2 back scheme. L.T has always been healthy making him thee #1 back and a number 1 back in the purest form.

I'm so torn on a back this offseason but I know I'll be happy with either Lynch,Bush or Turner so the whole debate for me is trying to predict which way the Org will lean.

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 15 2007, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they put a 1st round tender on him, then surely they believe he is worth a 1st round pick.

they have to put a 1st. cause their options are a a 5th, a 1st, or a 1st or a 5th. if they put a 5th on him they know someone will sign him and easily give up the 5th. a 1st is only 1.3 mil for 1 year which is actually pretty damn cheap for a very good back-up RB with starter potential. ladell betts got like 2.2 mil a year to be portis' back-up
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#28 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 15 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will put a first round tender on him so that if they can get a first round then they get that, but when they find out no one will trade a 1st round, they will go lower, they were going to trade him to us, remember that from August, when we were trying to get a RB, Turner was almost a Jet,but effing sproles got injured.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 15 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the vets on this board know I'm so torn over a back. Alot of draft boards are suggesting that we will have no shot a Lynch without moving up. However I didn't know that Michael Bush if he hadn't gotten injured he could be a mid 1st round pick. I kind of see Bush like Gore in a sense. His stock plummets because of an injury and is better then perceived and could be a major steal

Turner on the other hand is another guy where you can't ignore his skill set. However Hurricane, I tend to disagree with you're analogy on the amount of carries & yards Tuner has versus years he's played in San Diego. Martyball has always been about L.T and keep in mind that Marty is an oldschool minded coach. L.T subs himself out whenever he feels he needs a blow. There are not scripted plays for Turner. Turner is simply a guy to give L.T a rest not a guy that's involved in the scheme of the offense. Therefore his carries/yards vs years he's played doesn't factor into you're argument here. So I can't really think of it in the way you are. It wasn't like when K.C got L.J and Priest was getting injured and they ran a 2 back scheme. L.T has always been healthy making him thee #1 back and a number 1 back in the purest form.

I'm so torn on a back this offseason but I know I'll be happy with either Lynch,Bush or Turner so the whole debate for me is trying to predict which way the Org will lean.

My argument isn't that Michael Turner couldn't carry the load...it's simply that he hasn't. I'm never trying to take away from Turner's abilities. No one can argue that Turner has a great combo of size and speed. He can carry it inside, outside, short, long... However, he has never proven he can do that as a feature back all game...at all.

My point about him only getting 157 carries in three years means he hasn't even come remotely close to carrying the load. He's carried half a season's worth of carries in 3 years...yet somehow people think he's proven he can carry the load? A backup couldn't be in a better situtation to make big runs when you very rarely get carries...equals fresh legs...the best back in the league has worn down defenses all game long...equals high yards per carry...and you have an excellent run blocking offensive line. So when he becomes a full time starter I gurantee you will see his yards per carry drop dramatically...and he will start to wear down towards the end of the game. He hasn't started since college...at small time Northern Illinois...so his conditioning won't be used to pounding the ball for 16 games a season. That's a lot harder to do than it may at first seem. A lot of guys really wear down...especially rookies. Because in college it's usually a maximum of 12 games...with a lot more off time. College teams get 2 or 3 bye weeks...and than a big break before their bowl game. Now Turner obviously isn't a rookie...but he also has never been exposed to the greuling, long haul a 16 game season of starting can be...especially with how much Schottenheimer likes to run the ball.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My argument isn't that Michael Turner couldn't carry the load...it's simply that he hasn't. I'm never trying to take away from Turner's abilities. No one can argue that Turner has a great combo of size and speed. He can carry it inside, outside, short, long... However, he has never proven he can do that as a feature back all game...at all.

My point about him only getting 157 carries in three years means he hasn't even come remotely close to carrying the load. He's carried half a season's worth of carries in 3 years...yet somehow people think he's proven he can carry the load? A backup couldn't be in a better situtation to make big runs when you very rarely get carries...equals fresh legs...the best back in the league has worn down defenses all game long...equals high yards per carry...and you have an excellent run blocking offensive line. So when he becomes a full time starter I gurantee you will see his yards per carry drop dramatically...and he will start to wear down towards the end of the game. He hasn't started since college...at small time Northern Illinois...so his conditioning won't be used to pounding the ball for 16 games a season. That's a lot harder to do than it may at first seem. A lot of guys really wear down...especially rookies. Because in college it's usually a maximum of 12 games...with a lot more off time. College teams get 2 or 3 bye weeks...and than a big break before their bowl game. Now Turner obviously isn't a rookie...but he also has never been exposed to the greuling, long haul a 16 game season of starting can be...especially with how much Schottenheimer likes to run the ball.

you make a very good point as u usually do. but i see things as opposite. turner has proven he can make big plays and he has great size speed combo and is only 24 years old with hardly no wear and tear. he has very fresh legs and hasat least 5 great years in him. and if he can't carry the ull load ti won't matter he can still split time with the explosive washingotn. if they each get 15 carries a game it will be tough to gameplan against with turners power and inside ability and leons speed and outside ability and to have 2 back that can break it anytime. face it when houston or barlow are in we have no threat to break a big run. with turner or leon we'd have a big threat which will help chad out as well. and also SD feels like turner is a better runner between the tackles then LT. the same LT who led the NFL in TDs. they could be our low budget verison of the NO backfield with duece and bush. and we can run a 2 RB set since turner is big enough to line up as a FB. i say shitcan barlow and blaylock. make houston the 3rd RB and have turner and leon split carries

and we all know his YPC will go down. martin had a career average of 4.1 i believe. turner could easily average 4.5 to 5.0 whoch is great. westbrrok had 5.1, tiki had a 4.8 i think. LT had a 5.3.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

another quick note for this topic.... is there a better running back in the draft after AP and lynch? Both should be gone by the time we are on the clock....I think we can get turner for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player. I am all about getting this guy if we dont have to part with our 1st rounder...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#32 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you make a very good point as u usually do. but i see things as opposite. turner has proven he can make big plays and he has great size speed combo and is only 24 years old with hardly no wear and tear. he has very fresh legs and hasat least 5 great years in him. and if he can't carry the ull load ti won't matter he can still split time with the explosive washingotn. if they each get 15 carries a game it will be tough to gameplan against with turners power and inside ability and leons speed and outside ability and to have 2 back that can break it anytime. face it when houston or barlow are in we have no threat to break a big run. with turner or leon we'd have a big threat which will help chad out as well. and also SD feels like turner is a better runner between the tackles then LT. the same LT who led the NFL in TDs. they could be our low budget verison of the NO backfield with duece and bush. and we can run a 2 RB set since turner is big enough to line up as a FB. i say shitcan barlow and blaylock. make houston the 3rd RB and have turner and leon split carries

and we all know his YPC will go down. martin had a career average of 4.1 i believe. turner could easily average 4.5 to 5.0 whoch is great. westbrrok had 5.1, tiki had a 4.8 i think. LT had a 5.3.

I'll give you that...Michael Turner definitely should have fresh legs...

That's part of the reason I like Marshawn Lynch too...he didn't get a lot of carries at all at Cal...but like Turner...he maximizes them and has a career 6.6 yards per carry.

QUOTE (extmenace @ Jan 15 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another quick note for this topic.... is there a better running back in the draft after AP and lynch? Both should be gone by the time we are on the clock....I think we can get turner for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player. I am all about getting this guy if we dont have to part with our 1st rounder...

Some might say Michael Bush is better...but I would tend to disagree with that...
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PLease, Tangini is way to smart for this, if we gave up 3rd rounder okay but anything lower than that is highway robbery and A.J smith know it thats why he should take that crap to the Giants
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#34 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (extmenace @ Jan 15 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There definitely is........this is one of the deepest drafts ever, their isnt too many sure fire hall of famers as in the last draft but a lot more quality players for one their is michael bush who was at top 10 prospect before he got injured and gary russell, a relatively unknown back out of minnesota who was lawrence maroney's backup and still rushed over 1000 yards but he got kicked out of school last year for low grades (no discipline problems) and frank walker from notre dame is coming out even though i dont like him alot.....also tony hunt from penn state who has 1st round potential but will go later in the draft

#35 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 15 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There definitely is........this is one of the deepest drafts ever, their isnt too many sure fire hall of famers as in the last draft but a lot more quality players for one their is michael bush who was at top 10 prospect before he got injured and gary russell, a relatively unknown back out of minnesota who was lawrence maroney's backup and still rushed over 1000 yards but he got kicked out of school last year for low grades (no discipline problems) and frank walker from notre dame is coming out even though i dont like him alot.....also tony hunt from penn state who has 1st round potential but will go later in the draft

That's Darius Walker...and I'm not big on him either. He isn't a feature back...only a role player. Too slow...but he was great in college. Classic example of a guy who was great on the college level but won't have enough speed and agility to carry him to the next level.

And this draft isn't too deep at RB at all. Adrian Peterson...Marshawn Lynch...Michael Bush. Those are the only guys with sure fire feature back material. There are other good backs...but none of them that appear to be feature backs. Some may turn out to be...but when you need a feature back...you don't draft a late go hoping for the best. We did that last year with Leon Washington.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Darius Walker...and I'm not big on him either. He isn't a feature back...only a role player. Too slow...but he was great in college. Classic example of a guy who was great on the college level but won't have enough speed and agility to carry him to the next level.

And this draft isn't too deep at RB at all. Adrian Peterson...Marshawn Lynch...Michael Bush. Those are the only guys with sure fire feature back material. There are other good backs...but none of them that appear to be feature backs. Some may turn out to be...but when you need a feature back...you don't draft a late go hoping for the best. We did that last year with Leon Washington.

Leon was great for a rookie considering we had a young O-Line and teams dont respect our deep ball so they play closer to the line of scrimmage....what do you think of Tony Hunt and Gary Russell? 2 very good rbs but not the hype of any of the top guys

#37 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 15 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leon was great for a rookie considering we had a young O-Line and teams dont respect our deep ball so they play closer to the line of scrimmage....what do you think of Tony Hunt and Gary Russell? 2 very good rbs but not the hype of any of the top guys

Tony Hunt is too slow and stiff. We already have a bruiser in Cedric Houston.

Gary Russell...don't know as much about...but I have seen him play on several occasions. He isn't in the class of Gopher alumn Laurence Maroney or Marion Barber in my opinoin. He is a well built guy and an apparent TD machine...18 TD's while sharing carries with Maroney last year.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users