NYJetsFan.com Forums: O. T. Direct-tv - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:34 PM) I think balo gets one or two today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) haha you haven't seen much Liverpool this season!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) I fear for us today to be honest... going to take something special
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:41 PM) It won't be a 4-0 like last time we played them.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) I was just trying to instill some hope
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) so that i can go hala madrid crazy later on
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

O. T. Direct-tv

#1 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Played hardball with Direct-TV... Told them I was canceling unless they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. 4 phone calls later and a ton of negotiating, I got a free HD DVR, new dish, Free Super Fan and $10 off my bill per month for a year. Watching Football in style this season!

#2 User is offline   tommypulvirenti Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

what did you say, I ask for a plain DVR and they pretty much told to go to hell. I've been with for 5 years now. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

Holding them at gunpoint always works for me.

#4 User is offline   cworth27 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

The only way to get a great deal like Ron is to pretty much act like a jerk and be real agressive multiple calls helps as well otherwise you won't get shit. NICE WORK RON!!!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (cworth27 @ Jul 21 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to get a great deal like Ron is to pretty much act like a jerk

Thats easier for some to do then others. Ron seems to be a pro in the department. grimace-32.png

#6 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

I canceled them about 2.5 years ago because they were trying to charge me $300 to LEASE their HD DVR box. I threatened to leave, they didn't care. So I went to Time Warner who was giving HD DVR's for free.

They had some nerve too. I had three or four different calls and I discussed, at length, what day I should terminate service as to avoid incurring any fees. A month later, I get a bill for $129 for voiding my contract. This was something I spoke about with different reps to make sure WOULDN'T happen, and they tried charging me anyway.

I didn't pay them shit. Cutting off my nose to spite my face as they've reported that to collection agencies. But as far as they're concerned, I'm dead.

sure, I miss the NFL Network.. a lot. But fuck weak signals on rainy days.

#7 User is offline   JeTAtTacK Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ron,

I thought for a moment you got something better than me! The department you spoke to was ďThe Retention Department, just say you want to cancel and they can make things happen LOL! Anyway, not to stomp on anyone shoes here but I have never paid for SuperFan (Always Free), as for the $10.00 a month for a year, I have that and an extra $10 for having AT&T Bundle = Total $20.00 Off. The HD/DVR, I get a free one every yearÖ just tell them to renew your contract and youíll get a new one for free. Of course itís not yours but Iíll take a leased receiver anyday. If you ever want to upgrade to HD, just tell them that your interested and youíll get the Dish at no cost. Honestly, thereís nothing like SuperFan/Supercast, and now with the new DirecTV Supercast for mobile and watching every Jets game live on my iPhone I wonít ever miss a beat!

Jetattack

#8 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (tommypulvirenti @ Jul 21 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what did you say, I ask for a plain DVR and they pretty much told to go to hell. I've been with for 5 years now. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Simple, when the recording asks you why you called, say retention department and reason - cancellation. When you get them on the phone keep working them until you get the best offer you can get. What would you like to get from them?
What don't you have now?

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

I switched from Direct tv to dish network. I am very happy. I was paying more and getting less with Direct. I had the basic package with no HD now I have twice as many channels and HD and pay less than $70 per month. With Direct if it rained or any weather moved in, the Direct would freeze. I have had zero picture problems with Dish. I do miss the NFL package but I will never go back. The customer service I recieved with Direct was horrid. I laugh everytime i see there commercials.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 21 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I canceled them about 2.5 years ago because they were trying to charge me $300 to LEASE their HD DVR box. I threatened to leave, they didn't care. So I went to Time Warner who was giving HD DVR's for free.

They had some nerve too. I had three or four different calls and I discussed, at length, what day I should terminate service as to avoid incurring any fees. A month later, I get a bill for $129 for voiding my contract. This was something I spoke about with different reps to make sure WOULDN'T happen, and they tried charging me anyway.

I didn't pay them shit. Cutting off my nose to spite my face as they've reported that to collection agencies. But as far as they're concerned, I'm dead.

sure, I miss the NFL Network.. a lot. But f*** weak signals on rainy days.

When I cancelled they said I owed them money as well. They were wrong. I had to call a lawyer. As soon as that happenned they figured it all out. I then cancelled and they keep mailing me info to come back but there is no way in hell I will ever go through that again. See ya later Direct TV AKA scam artists.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

OK now that I have myself all pissed of again about this again, I would like to say I only hate 1 thing in life and its direct TV. I would rather see the Patriots win 5 more SBs than ever have to deal with this POS company again. I am going to start a "I HATE DIRECT TV WEBSITE"!! Ok rant off
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

directv rules... if you can stomach the bill any other service hardly comes close to it. fios tv is alright but damn you cant go wrong with all the sports you get from directv.

i sound like a fan boy
good work bitching at the retention department.. i tried that before both with dishnetwork and directv and was directed to the cancellation dept. both times my bluff was called haha
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 21 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
directv rules... if you can stomach the bill any other service hardly comes close to it. fios tv is alright but damn you cant go wrong with all the sports you get from directv.

i sound like a fan boy
good work bitching at the retention department.. i tried that before both with dishnetwork and directv and was directed to the cancellation dept. both times my bluff was called haha

Other than Nfl package they are no better than dish. There reception sucks. Every time a storm comes in the system shuts down. there HD is not as clear as Dish. They are way more money and for what? I am not calling you out here or being a jerk, I just dont see it. Dish has way more Satelites up there so My signal does not have to travel as far. I may be a little one sided here but I really had that bad of an experience with Direct TV.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (azjetfan @ Jul 22 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other than Nfl package they are no better than dish. There reception sucks. Every time a storm comes in the system shuts down. there HD is not as clear as Dish. They are way more money and for what? I am not calling you out here or being a jerk, I just dont see it. Dish has way more Satelites up there so My signal does not have to travel as far. I may be a little one sided here but I really had that bad of an experience with Direct TV.

i believe you.. i know others who complain about losing signal during storms. i am one of the lucky ones who rarely gets my signal distorted... having the dish on the roof with a clear view and calibrated properly im sure helps. i went from directv to dish back to directv. dish network is a bit cheaper but it evens out in price because the channels i enjoy are in their higher packages. the compression on dish network is crapola compared to directv. that was another reason i came back and plan on staying with directv.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 22 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i believe you.. i know others who complain about losing signal during storms. i am one of the lucky ones who rarely gets my signal distorted... having the dish on the roof with a clear view and calibrated properly im sure helps. i went from directv to dish back to directv. dish network is a bit cheaper but it evens out in price because the channels i enjoy are in their higher packages. the compression on dish network is crapola compared to directv. that was another reason i came back and plan on staying with directv.

honestly i've never had any HD provider other then DirecTV, but i love my DirecTV. before this i had cablevision back when i lived on long island lol. i've had DirecTV for over 8 years and i never have issues. i've never lost signal or anything, but living in cali the last 6 years there really aren't any storms so i don't know about bad storm areas. just saying i love it. and for 2.50 a month i get CBS east and all my jet games. can't beat that.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

I only lose signals about twice a year. Only happens during football season and a blizzard outside. other then that, its better than cable. More options.

#17 User is offline   JeTAtTacK Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

Sorry guys I beg to differ, I live in Miami (Where it pours) and I never have signal problems. It all depends if you live around tall buildings but other than that itís crystal clear. I will live and die with DirecTV unless something dramatically happens! I split the bill with my mom who lives in another location, she has her own dish and receiver thatís under my account and wala she has a dish. We have the premium package w/everything and only pay around $70 each for Everything (Sports Package, HD, DVR & Movie Channels). Since I live in Miami, I have no choice to get the Sunday Ticket, but I split the cost with my brother and it comes out much cheaper! When thereís a will thereís a way, just gotta know the tricks to save money! LOL

JetAttack

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users