NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sony Stoops To New Lows - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Today, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Today, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Today, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sony Stoops To New Lows

#1 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

http://www.neowin.ne...t=view&id=42417

The original entry stated: 'Halo 3, the third game in the best-selling Xbox game franchise Halo, is a highly anticipated first-person shooter video game under development by Bungie Studios for the Xbox 360 and is expected to "set a new high water mark" for next-generation games.' However, a sentence had been added which reads: 'Although it won't look any better than Halo 2.'

Although the edit is time-stamped at 25 April 2007 15:12, just 39 minutes after the original entry was made, it has only recently been discovered that the revision was made by someone at one of Sony's studios. The detective work was made possible by a Wikipedia scanner invented by an American student which makes it easy to see who is editing entries on the site. Wikipedia tracked the page edit to the IP address 217.18.23.2, which routes back to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's studios in Liverpool.

The page has since been restored to its former state and Wikipedia has locked the page from any further edits for the time being. Halo 3 is due for release in the UK on 26 September, but has already broken the record for the fastest selling game ever, topping one million pre-orders in early August

basically they tried trashing the xbox's best selling game on wikipedia. not only is this childish and stupid maybe they should worry about putting out good games instead of trashing xbox's games. i can't think of 1 sony exclusive game thats worth my time. thats why they can't sell systems. it has nothing to do with graphics
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

I don't know that Assassin's Creed game looked pretty good to me. from the previews I have seen. ( Really don't like PS but might try to bum a friends to play it)

#3 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (XvNukemHighvX @ Nov 12 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know that Assassin's Creed game looked pretty good to me. from the previews I have seen. ( Really don't like PS but might try to bum a friends to play it)

its on every system. and i agree it looks good to me
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

buy an xbox 360 if your cool
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#5 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 12 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
buy an xbox 360 if your cool

i assume your a PS3 fan?

there is a reaosn why the wii and 360 sell way more then the PS3. FUN FACTOR. throw out graphics, hard drives, blu-ray. HD DVD, 1080P, etc. the PS3 controller is weak and has a weak list of exclusive games
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

i have both and the console war is beat city.

who really cares which you think is better. its not your money anyway.
sure have to hand it to microsoft. they really know how to grab a market by the balls. over the past year i was amazed to see how many people religiously defended the 360. that company doesnt even have to market... i always wondered why they make bogus jump in commercials that have nothing to do with gaming- its apparently because they have consumers like you doing all their marketing anyway.

so yeah be cool and get a 360- gotta hit up the halo trey with the frat brahs

#7 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 13 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have both and the console war is beat city.

who really cares which you think is better. its not your money anyway.
sure have to hand it to microsoft. they really know how to grab a market by the balls. over the past year i was amazed to see how many people religiously defended the 360. that company doesnt even have to market... i always wondered why they make bogus jump in commercials that have nothing to do with gaming- its apparently because they have consumers like you doing all their marketing anyway.

so yeah be cool and get a 360- gotta hit up the halo trey with the frat brahs

funny MS has me by the balls?

i got an ipod over the zune
i don't like halo
the commercials are gay
anyway u look at it, playing video games is not cool.

so basiaclly your making false claims and i spend more hours a week clubbing then i do gaming, u know cause MS has me by the balls.

personally i always go for the better product regardless of who makes it.
1st i had a caleco, then a nintendo, then a super NES, then a sega genisis (genisis was better tehn nintendo, tehn i dind't by another nintendo system till the gamecube and i swicthed to sony cause the PS1 was better then dreamcast and teh PS2 when it 1st came out was sick, then the xbox came out and changed everything and i brought that and basically stoped playing everyother system. i don't have much time for games and i odn't liek to waste it and hard earned money on shitty products. so i chose a 360 over a PS3 for that reaosn only. i would liek to get a Wii and it is fun, but its not worth it cause ei don't have time for it.

but then again you should know me better then i know myself right?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Nov 13 2007, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny MS has me by the balls?

i got an ipod over the zune
i don't like halo
the commercials are gay
anyway u look at it, playing video games is not cool.

so basiaclly your making false claims and i spend more hours a week clubbing then i do gaming, u know cause MS has me by the balls.

personally i always go for the better product regardless of who makes it.
1st i had a caleco, then a nintendo, then a super NES, then a sega genisis (genisis was better tehn nintendo, tehn i dind't by another nintendo system till the gamecube and i swicthed to sony cause the PS1 was better then dreamcast and teh PS2 when it 1st came out was sick, then the xbox came out and changed everything and i brought that and basically stoped playing everyother system. i don't have much time for games and i odn't liek to waste it and hard earned money on shitty products. so i chose a 360 over a PS3 for that reaosn only. i would liek to get a Wii and it is fun, but its not worth it cause ei don't have time for it.

but then again you should know me better then i know myself right?

false playing video games is cool, just not sexy.
btw microsoft is the best console by far, look at the exclusive titles, live, and accessories.
the ONLY reason i would by a playstation 3 is if the new socom that is coming out is as good as SOCOM 2.
ColesReturns87

#9 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ Nov 13 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw microsoft is the best console by far, look at the exclusive titles, live, and accessories.
the ONLY reason i would by a playstation 3 is if the new socom that is coming out is as good as SOCOM 2.

sorry buddy, as much as i love games. playing them is not cool. unless maybe your playing them with a naked chick or somehting, but then its still kinda not cool cause theres better things u could do with a naked chick.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

360 over ps3 - 350z over g35c

to each his own... just shaddup about it
recommend me a title and why its good
i could careless about what? some euro edited a 360 wiki? when i read this initial post it felt like you were really going through great lengths to support ur precious 360. it seems that ur nittpicking at another console to make your (what 2 year old?) purchase justified.. its weird. so stop it. if that wasnt ur intention then who cares what liverpool sony division has to say about the halo3 graphics compared to halo2 graphics (got that was exhausting to even type out).

#11 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 13 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
360 over ps3 - 350z over g35c

to each his own... just shaddup about it
recommend me a title and why its good
i could careless about what? some euro edited a 360 wiki? when i read this initial post it felt like you were really going through great lengths to support ur precious 360. it seems that ur nittpicking at another console to make your (what 2 year old?) purchase justified.. its weird. so stop it. if that wasnt ur intention then who cares what liverpool sony division has to say about the halo3 graphics compared to halo2 graphics (got that was exhausting to even type out).

i don't have to justify my purchase. its my money. i've blown 300+ a night on alcohol. if the 360 was a waste i'd sell it for a PS3 and take a hundred dollar loss or so. no big deal.

and i'm 22 and wanted a fsat sports car not an overpriced luxury car thats pretty much the same but 10K plus more. personally its not that big a deal sony did it, but it just shows how low they are creeping to try and trash MS while MS and nintendo focus on quality sony is trying to run a campaign by trashing there opponents. they did it from day one and pissed off a huge publisher who now refuses to work with sony. there plain stupid which is why nobody wants a PS3 but w/e man
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

anyway
recommend me a title
all i have for the ps3 is transformers 2

Non-American PS3s are incredible. In Europe, you'll be able to get DVR on your system, so you can record TV shows. In Korea, you'll be able to watch TV through the new IPTV service available exclusively for that territory.

sucks to be us

#13 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 14 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyway
recommend me a title
all i have for the ps3 is transformers 2
sucks to be us

not really the xbox360 is gonna do that soon as well as offer TV service soon. but i just brought it cause "its cool" right?

as far as games for all systems. and transformers 2? thats a weak ass game. seriously. most movie games suck.

for the PS3 assasins creed looks hot (its in all systems)

for xbox only games

mass effect
halo 3
bioshock
Ninja Gaiden 2 (not out yet)
Fable 2

to name a few. all of those games are 360 only and they are all better then anything the PS3 has. plus i'm hoping for a jade empire 2 which would be another exclusive too and if anything like the 1ts would be amazing.

personally u don't seem like much of a gamer, you seem to shit on other peoples opinions if they don't agree with you, and you seem like u always have to be right. does that sound about right?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:21 AM

i have the movie not the game

and no it doesnt sound right

i just wanted to figure out why you started fan boying the 360 once again. it seemed like u were beating a dead horse. specially with this wiki liverpool thing.
im down for discussions. but this one is beat. tongue.gif

#15 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Nov 14 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally u don't seem like much of a gamer, you seem to shit on other peoples opinions if they don't agree with you, and you seem like u always have to be right. does that sound about right?

i know mods are supposed to stick together and what not, but using this post as evidence, that seems like a much more accurate description of the way you're acting right now. you're trying to tell the dude he doesn't seem like much of a gamer, while also trying to prove that you have an overactive social life with superior drinking skills.. it just screams "irrelevant," especially given the topic of convo.

i play video games practically every day, and i still think i'm pretty fuckin' cool. i mean, my love for kickin back for a few hours and playin games was enough for my shorty to wanna get in on the action and buy a Wii.

as for the original purpose of the post, I don't know how much we can attribute that Wiki entry to the evil Sony corporation, and not just something foolish that one Sony UK employee did. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a meeting called on it. The corporations don't need to call meetings to slander one another's company's like that, because the fans already do it enough for them.

only reason i don't own a ps3 yet is because there's no games that make me feel like i gotta have it now. the multiplatform games are executed better on the 360, xbox live is superior as well. but i'm not gonna go out of my way to tell people the 360 is better.

#16 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 14 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have the movie not the game

and no it doesnt sound right

i just wanted to figure out why you started fan boying the 360 once again. it seemed like u were beating a dead horse. specially with this wiki liverpool thing.
im down for discussions. but this one is beat. tongue.gif

its not so much as beating a dead horse (even though i know when they 1st cae out there was alot of this, and i know its like 2 years old and all) but its a matter of seeing somehting funny and posting it. the fact it relates to sony and xbox was just a side effect. if i seen a UPS truck knock over a fed ex truck i would post it too, doens't mean i like UPS better or that i'm trying to prove somehting. its just funny given the circumstances

QUOTE (Amen @ Nov 15 2007, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know mods are supposed to stick together and what not, but using this post as evidence, that seems like a much more accurate description of the way you're acting right now. you're trying to tell the dude he doesn't seem like much of a gamer, while also trying to prove that you have an overactive social life with superior drinking skills.. it just screams "irrelevant," especially given the topic of convo.

i play video games practically every day, and i still think i'm pretty fuckin' cool. i mean, my love for kickin back for a few hours and playin games was enough for my shorty to wanna get in on the action and buy a Wii.

as for the original purpose of the post, I don't know how much we can attribute that Wiki entry to the evil Sony corporation, and not just something foolish that one Sony UK employee did. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a meeting called on it. The corporations don't need to call meetings to slander one another's company's like that, because the fans already do it enough for them.

only reason i don't own a ps3 yet is because there's no games that make me feel like i gotta have it now. the multiplatform games are executed better on the 360, xbox live is superior as well. but i'm not gonna go out of my way to tell people the 360 is better.

1) i don't mind a mod calling out another mod. this whole "mode need to stick together stuff" is kinda BS in my opinion. were all supposed to act a certain way on here and mods shoulnd't be above carrying themselves inappropriatly. so if u veer feel i'm acting that way, say it. i got no issues with it. i mean what about jetsohfive? and the BS he pulled as a mod. why should we stick by him just casue he's a mod. i never flex my mod powers or threaten to suspend or ban people (other then kobe in the chatroom lol).
2) when i say playing video games arne't cool its just a matter of public acceptance. ususally the video gamers are nerds and the athletes are the cool ones etc. the act of playing games isn't considered cool, but in no way does it mean everyone that plays them is immediatly not cool.
3) once again the thread was just cause i thought its funny. i don't think sony is evil. the 1st laptop i brought was a sony and i loved it, i've had sone walkmans (remember walkmans lol) sony discman, a PS1, a PS2 i love the spiderman movies (from sony films) so its not like i hate sony or love microsoft. anyone who acts like that in my opinion is stupid. MS aint f***ing me, feeding me, or financing me so why should i be "loyal" to them? if someone comes along and makes a better system i'll be buying that one. i will admit i do love my xbox, but i don't hate the PS3. i could really care less about it.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ Nov 13 2007, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

playing Madden is the shit, funnelin after every TD you score is the shit. X-Box PS3 who cares as lons as you are having fun. Madden is the shit no matter what. Jetsfan life isn't about being with girls every night, sometimes it is chill to sit home with youry boys and play Madden or Scoom all night.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#18 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Nov 16 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
playing Madden is the shit, funnelin after every TD you score is the shit. X-Box PS3 who cares as lons as you are having fun. Madden is the shit no matter what. Jetsfan life isn't about being with girls every night, sometimes it is chill to sit home with youry boys and play Madden or Scoom all night.

bro i agree, last night me and my homie went to this girl im seeing's house and we played beer pong with like 20 people, and we rolled a b and smoked a bowl. we were pretty shmageled dude. anyway we just felt like going back to my apartment and playing madden. i swear we played like 6 games, just chillin and drinkin beer. sometimes thats all you need you know...... yeah after we popped in harold and kumar haha
ColesReturns87

#19 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Nov 16 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not saying it is, i'm not trying to come off as a party animal don juan cause i'm not, sometimes i like to just kick back at a friends house and play video games and poker too (of course with money involved on both) i don't smoke though so i can't feel u on that. i'm just saying its not considered cool to be sitting home playing video games. theres nothing wrong with it, i'm just say as perception is.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:47 AM

I don't know why people argue video games with Jetsfan115, I learned that the hard way. He's got to have his way, and he doesn't care for other peoples opinion. He knows it's pointless to keep these type of threads going to bash the Sony systems, but he just still keeps doing it to annoy the hell out of the Sony buyers. So like I said, when it comes to video games, just ignore the guy, if you perfer Sony like I do.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users