NYJetsFan.com Forums: Leinart Does "ok" - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Today, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Leinart Does "ok" Many Scouts not impressed...

#1 User is offline   MYENNY7 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:46 PM

Espn News this morning was talking about USC's proday.

The general feeling coming out of it was that Bush and Justice did very well, and most were upset about White not running, but when asked about Leinart the feelings were luke warm. The quote they used was "he did ok, it was a very thought out and planned workout and he still missed alot of passes. He didn't knock anybodys socks off."
Reggie Bush said "Matt did alright"

On a positive note he showed that he does have solid arm strength.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

wow i heard the opposite, i saw from Jeff Fishers mouth on sportcenter, that he was very impressed with Leinart how he is mobile like tom brady. He has a good arm, accurate and is the best by far QB in this draft.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

I don't know what they mean by "missed alot of passes." They had him throwing to Curtis Conway and he had less than ten incompletions after drops by receivers. This is just more media junk-writing.

#4 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

i saw that to on tv, it was just basically matt running in circles with the ball pack in the pocket...proved nothing to me.

IPB Image

#5 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

I think he proved a whole hell of alot. Everyone knows the kid is a winner, everyone knows he's accurate as hell. He went in there to prove 3 things: His previous injuries aren't affecting him whatsoever, that he has good arm strength, and that he can move around in the pocket. Those were the only bad things people can say about him and he dispelled all of it. How hard is it to impress somebody anyway when you're Matt Leinart. I think they were expecting this kind of workout, he sets a pretty high bar for himself.

I agree with a1elbow, this is media garbage. If anything Matt practically proved that he's the "true" #1 pick. Reggie did shit against a good defense in the biggest game of his career. Matt carried that team when it counted as he's always done. It's no contest to me, QB's win championships.

#6 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Apr 3 2006, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw that to on tv, it was just basically matt running in circles with the ball pack in the pocket...proved nothing to me.

Dude, that's what ALL QBs do for position drills.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

In all honesty combine's and pro day's really don't mean shit.

#8 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (MYENNY7 @ Apr 3 2006, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Espn News this morning was talking about USC's proday.

The general feeling coming out of it was that Bush and Justice did very well, and most were upset about White not running, but when asked about Leinart the feelings were luke warm. The quote they used was "he did ok, it was a very thought out and planned workout and he still missed alot of passes. He didn't knock anybodys socks off."
Reggie Bush said "Matt did alright"

On a positive note he showed that he does have solid arm strength.

And there are mixed stories out there. As mentioned, Fisher raved about the guy as did the guys from the Texans. There are also a glowingly positive AP article and an ESPN Insider article out there that said Leinart impressed.

What does it matter? The two teams mainly interested (Titans and Jets) will have him in for private workouts. That's the only ones that mattered to him. The Titans said all the right things and the Jets are on that no-talk policy so we don't know what they think.

By the way, who gives a damn about the opinion of a scout who's team is drafting in the mid twenties? These supposed scouts who weren't impressed, whom did they work for? If they ain't drafting in the top 10, they might as well shut up.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#9 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 3 2006, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there are mixed stories out there. As mentioned, Fisher raved about the guy as did the guys from the Texans. There are also a glowingly positive AP article and an ESPN Insider article out there that said Leinart impressed.

What does it matter? The two teams mainly interested (Titans and Jets) will have him in for private workouts. That's the only ones that mattered to him. The Titans said all the right things and the Jets are on that no-talk policy so we don't know what they think.

By the way, who gives a damn about the opinion of a scout who's team is drafting in the mid twenties? These supposed scouts who weren't impressed, whom did they work for? If they ain't drafting in the top 10, they might as well shut up.

iagree.gif

#10 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Apr 3 2006, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed that one drill where matt was running in the pocket made him look like he was in a cage chasing a chicken

IPB Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Apr 3 2006, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he proved a whole hell of alot. Everyone knows the kid is a winner, everyone knows he's accurate as hell. He went in there to prove 3 things: His previous injuries aren't affecting him whatsoever, that he has good arm strength, and that he can move around in the pocket. Those were the only bad things people can say about him and he dispelled all of it. How hard is it to impress somebody anyway when you're Matt Leinart. I think they were expecting this kind of workout, he sets a pretty high bar for himself.

I agree with a1elbow, this is media garbage. If anything Matt practically proved that he's the "true" #1 pick. Reggie did shit against a good defense in the biggest game of his career. Matt carried that team when it counted as he's always done. It's no contest to me, QB's win championships.

iagree.gif
Very good point!

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Apr 3 2006, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea they are just Details of the athlete. What he did on the field is what he is. He just showed people that what people thought were his negatives are not.

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 3 2006, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they arent in the top 5 They should shut up. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   VILMA 619 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:38 PM

BROADWAY MATT!!

Let's just get this draft underway so we can get off this guy..he's a year late from the proving. He's done and his stuff speaks for itself. I'd rather have Reggie over anyone in this draft but dang, it's kinda hard to ask for more from Matt Leinart with he's all he's accomplished on the college level.

#13 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Apr 3 2006, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok on most points but running around a circle doesnt mean u are moblie in the pocket. he wasnt pressured and running around has nothing to do with avoiding defenders and gettin away from them. i still think hes too slow to avoid an nfl pass rush but he did improve his arm strength status cept he threw a couple loaters and had a bunch of incompletions(only two were dropped not 5 as other people said) and curtis conway was a pro so he can do something. least he caught the ball unlike mccairines.
SO overall id have to agree with avereg day cus he improved his arm strength status but went down in accuracy.(and dont talk bout dropped balls he was throwin on air u shouldnt have so many incompletions period.

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Apr 3 2006, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

iagree.gif doesnt tell u anything liftin weight and runnin doesnt tell u ur game speed how u play and how much heart u have

Chad= Cheerleader

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok on most points but running around a circle doesnt mean u are moblie in the pocket. he wasnt pressured and running around has nothing to do with avoiding defenders and gettin away from them. i still think hes too slow to avoid an nfl pass rush but he did improve his arm strength status cept he threw a couple loaters and had a bunch of incompletions(only two were dropped not 5 as other people said) and curtis conway was a pro so he can do something. least he caught the ball unlike mccairines.
SO overall id have to agree with avereg day cus he improved his arm strength status but went down in accuracy.(and dont talk bout dropped balls he was throwin on air u shouldnt have so many incompletions period.
iagree.gif doesnt tell u anything liftin weight and runnin doesnt tell u ur game speed how u play and how much heart u have

Its called alot of his incompletions were miss comunications. He didnt drop his acuracy any bit. Just face the facts that Leinart is better then your beloved Vince Young. Leinart did show that he is mobile. He showed it throughout his College Carreer. He is mobile in the pockett. That doesnt mean Running wise like Young, I think that is what you think. He is able to move around their like Tom Brady. He is the Real Deal.

The combine does tell you how strong you are and How fast you really are. It tells you details, the combine isnt that important. They just like getting a little closer look at you. They know mostly about you from your college carreer. Combine is for the people who didnt do as good in college and it shows you their potitiential because some times people do not do as good as they could of in college because it wasnt the right system or bad coaching or lack of talent.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

even if we do trade up our line is still trash, the smart thing would to do wat the giants did, build up the oline and than draft a franchise QB.

IPB Image

#16 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Apr 3 2006, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even if we do trade up our line is still trash, the smart thing would to do wat the giants did, build up the oline and than draft a franchise QB.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the Giants had one of the worst lines ever the year Eli started and the year before that too. People were running full on at him.

#17 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

from what i remember the giants rebuilt there o line in like 02 or around there with petigout,ohara, etc... and than drafted eli

IPB Image

#18 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its called alot of his incompletions were miss comunications. He didnt drop his acuracy any bit. Just face the facts that Leinart is better then your beloved Vince Young. Leinart did show that he is mobile. He showed it throughout his College Carreer. He is mobile in the pockett. That doesnt mean Running wise like Young, I think that is what you think. He is able to move around their like Tom Brady. He is the Real Deal.

The combine does tell you how strong you are and How fast you really are. It tells you details, the combine isnt that important. They just like getting a little closer look at you. They know mostly about you from your college carreer. Combine is for the people who didnt do as good in college and it shows you their potitiential because some times people do not do as good as they could of in college because it wasnt the right system or bad coaching or lack of talent.

oh really??? combine tells u how fast u REALLY R? thats one of THE DUMBEST comments u made in well 10 minutes. Chad Johnson ran bout a 4.6 40 at the combine but he is one of the fastest WR'S in the league....y is that u ask?? because people put too much importance on just 1 RUN so the players get nervous and run slower than they actually are.they let it get in thier heads but during game they arent being clocked for their draft livelyhood so they go all out without thought cus they wanna win. actual game speed is not runnin once or twice 40 yards. game speed is how fast u move on the field. also again, combine cant test for sumthin betta than all these things...HEART. obviously sumthin u know nuttin about.

and all that leinart proved bout his mobility during his college career was gettin laid out on his back...especially this year. if hes barely gettin the ball off against college players the pros will murder him before he even gets the ball off. hes not better than my "beloved" Young. Young can throw better move better, and oh yeah as i remeber his pro day he was more accurate too. Lenart may have had miscommunications but thats also on the qb. dont just blame receivers. u hear miscommunication u automatically think wr but wr could have ran it write and he coulda screwed up eva think of that? cus it happens all the time. and leinart is and will neva be anything like Brady...u r a discrace for comparing the two. and i was being nice today u shouldnt have attacked me. people think i always start things when im just defending myself. u find offense to what i write yr problem not mine so when u attack e u gunna get even more...bottom line Young is and will be betta than leinart. doesnt matta where they drafted matas how they play. and im good when it comes to picking qbs..last qb i said was better than the favored qb my pick won a super bowl ring...yup Big Ben was best qb in that draft said it before and during sayin it now. while Eli has accuracy problems even with a 6'5" target. so i wouldnt go against me more on this one. Young wins and it will be proven.

Chad= Cheerleader

#19 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

nvm theres my drunk uncle for ya i rememeber him telling me the giants rebulit there line 1 year

IPB Image

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh really??? combine tells u how fast u REALLY R? thats one of THE DUMBEST comments u made in well 10 minutes. Chad Johnson ran bout a 4.6 40 at the combine but he is one of the fastest WR'S in the league....y is that u ask?? because people put too much importance on just 1 RUN so the players get nervous and run slower than they actually are.they let it get in thier heads but during game they arent being clocked for their draft livelyhood so they go all out without thought cus they wanna win. actual game speed is not runnin once or twice 40 yards. game speed is how fast u move on the field. also again, combine cant test for sumthin betta than all these things...HEART. obviously sumthin u know nuttin about.

and all that leinart proved bout his mobility during his college career was gettin laid out on his back...especially this year. if hes barely gettin the ball off against college players the pros will murder him before he even gets the ball off. hes not better than my "beloved" Young. Young can throw better move better, and oh yeah as i remeber his pro day he was more accurate too. Lenart may have had miscommunications but thats also on the qb. dont just blame receivers. u hear miscommunication u automatically think wr but wr could have ran it write and he coulda screwed up eva think of that? cus it happens all the time. and leinart is and will neva be anything like Brady...u r a discrace for comparing the two. and i was being nice today u shouldnt have attacked me. people think i always start things when im just defending myself. u find offense to what i write yr problem not mine so when u attack e u gunna get even more...bottom line Young is and will be betta than leinart. doesnt matta where they drafted matas how they play. and im good when it comes to picking qbs..last qb i said was better than the favored qb my pick won a super bowl ring...yup Big Ben was best qb in that draft said it before and during sayin it now. while Eli has accuracy problems even with a 6'5" target. so i wouldnt go against me more on this one. Young wins and it will be proven.

You couldnt of sounded more dumber, 40 time does get your track speed. Combines are just Details. You say young wins, AHHHHHH Leinart went 32-2 at USC. With way Better Passing. He had more passing TDs, more Passing yards, and alot better completions. Leinart never had under 60% completions. Your the only one that seems to think Leinart isnt the best. And that Leinart is immobile. And yes their is a resemble in Tom brady and Matt Leinart. They both move good in the pocket, they both have Adqucate arms. Both are Ladys man. Both Win, both are poised. And Alot of Gms and Scouts and coachs compare him to Tom Brady too. You can not even compare Leinarts Throwing to Youngs. Leinart is a very pollished passer. When Young is very raw. Leinart can start right away in the NFL. Young has to wait 2-3 years. And first off Alot of People said that Big Ben was the best QB in that draft. Your not special just cause you thought of that. And wait their carreers arent over yet, Phillip Rivers is getting his chance now. All three of those QBs are good. But im telling you that Leinart is the Reall deal and is the best QB in the draft. Him then Cutler. Young has talent but in the end Scramblers dont win championships. Defencs are better in the NFL then College. EVERYONE IS FAST IN THE NFL!!!!!! Young wont burn people. I am going to laugh at you when we dont take Young and take Fergusion or Williams or Leinart. YOUNG WONT BE ON THE JETS EVER!!! How about you just follow Young and just stop likeing the Jets because you dont know anything about them. I wasnt starting with you anyway, you started with me yesterday. I was just saying that your the only one that doesnt think leinart can move. When the Rest of the Experts say he can.

Miscomunication with a reciever actually can be both fault. Im just saying its not like Leinarts accuracy was bad its just they had some miscomunication. And for you to think Conway had better Hands then J-Mac is completly retarded. Your not worth my time anymore because you know absolutly nothing!!!!! Learn some more about football before you argue with people.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users