NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Rank #49 Out Of All 80 Superbowl Teams - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 August 2014 - 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jets Rank #49 Out Of All 80 Superbowl Teams How does a winner rank lower than the losers?

#1 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

http://sports.espn.g.../rankings/41-60

#49 - 1968 NYJ (11-3)
The Jets are undeniably the biggest surprise in Super Bowl history, but they are also one of the least impressive champions. Sure, there's the glitz of Joe Namath and his guarantee of victory over an 18-point favorite. New York also boasted a future Hall of Fame wide receiver in Don Maynard and a solid ground game with Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer. However, the Jets had just the third-best record in the AFL that season. Namath completed fewer than 50 percent of his passes, throwing more interceptions than touchdowns. Coincidentally, Weeb Ewbank coached New York to victory in the Super Bowl over his former team, the Colts. Oh yeah … and the Jets lost the "Heidi" game that season.

Guess who was right on our heels? Last seasons Seahawks! Guess who ranked ahead of us.... The 2004 Superbowl losing Eagles! No respect. ESPN and the rest of the sports world just doesn't respect the Joe Namath or the Jets. Bunch of assholes.

#2 User is offline   smallguy Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

The real thing that shocks me is that the team we beat (1968 Colts) are also ahead of us. bullshit.gif

#3 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (smallguy @ Jan 25 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real thing that shocks me is that the team we beat (1968 Colts) are also ahead of us. bullshit.gif

I didn't even notice that! Man that's some disrespect right there.

It's been highly touted that this was the greatest game for the NFL and football ever. It was huge what Joe Willie Namath and the Jets did for the NFL that day. No respect.

Footnote: I say "No respect" alot and in the style of Adam Sandler's CD "What the hell happened to me". Great track.

#4 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

Why do people get so upset about rankings, it someone's opinion who cares

#5 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 25 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do people get so upset about rankings, it someone's opinion who cares

its because they disrespect us and act as if were horrible, they also had like last years steelers above us and the 2000 ravens
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#6 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

how can they have the team we beat ahead of us um we proved we were better than them on the biggest stage so how can you logically put them in front.

that fact right there makes this idiots opinion lose all credibility

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

Oh come on guys...everyone feels as if they are disrespected...fact is the Jets aren't the greatest thing to grace this fine earth. And our Superbowl team wasn't that good...they gave you the reasons...Namath threw more interceptions than TD's...

Who really cares...it's not a lack of respect...so calm down...
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Ty Shoes Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:A downstate AFC football team.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Jan 25 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how can they have the team we beat ahead of us um we proved we were better than them on the biggest stage so how can you logically put them in front.

that fact right there makes this idiots opinion lose all credibility

Uh, they called the Super Bowl III win a huge upset by the Jets.
Ranking that Colts team ahead of the Jets is actually very logical.
Keep the NY in NY Jets

#9 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

That jets team changed football. That super bowl win made the NFL. The AFL was considered a joke at that time. True it was not the greatest team to win the superbowl but it changed the structure of the league. We should of been higher than that. Forget the stats. The significance of that win that really matters.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Jan 26 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That jets team changed football. That super bowl win made the NFL. The AFL was considered a joke at that time. True it was not the greatest team to win the superbowl but it changed the structure of the league. We should of been higher than that. Forget the stats. The significance of that win that really matters.

Agreed the game was very significant...and no Jet fan can bitch about that...it's always mentioned how the Jets saved football and the Super Bowl as we know it. But this list isn't about significance...it's about which teams were the best...and the Jets were not the best.

I mean seriously guys...the Jets are ranked 49...what if we were ranked 80? Don't you think every one of the fan's of teams behind of us are bitching about the same thing. Stop the No Respect thing...it's old...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

I'll stop it when we atleast rank #40 ahead of the teams that lost the Superbowl. First off, it was a different era. They didn't factor that part in. 2nd, this team actually won the Superbowl against what was supposed to be one of the greatest teams at the time.

Football was played differently then and if you look at what Namath alone did for the development of passing offense... they were the best team around in that vein. Like I said, they are looking purely at stats but not at the quality. Football was a smash mouth sport at one time. You think these teams today, like the 2004 Eagles or the 2005 Seahawks could play against a team that physically abused them like that? I don't.

The NFL is soft these days. It's a timing game now and a "You can't touch me or my QB" kind of league. Back then they'd destroy these QB's and they would fold under the mental pressue of being thrown around like a rag doll. That's what made Joe Namath so great. That's what made this Jets team so great. They were amazing despite the smash-mouthedness... I made that word up btw. I think the article is written by a guy that doesn't respect in general the early game.

Personally, that's like saying Robert Johnson would get schooled by Stevie Ray Vaughn when Robert Johnson is the reason Stevie Ray Vaughn even could play the blues. That's where I'm coming from. Are they the best Superbowl team? No, but they are better than alot of teams that won the Superbowl and alot better than the losers that didn't. Not only that, if you measure them in their era .... they were great. If the team itself wasn't great, how the hell did 2 players go to the HOF?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users