NYJetsFan.com Forums: Schott Has Jets O Flying Again - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (30 September 2014 - 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Schott Has Jets O Flying Again Cimini- new York Daily News

#1 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

Brian Schottenheimer has Jets offense flying again
BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has got the Jets offense rolling.

Titans' Mike Heimerdinger says he's put awkward departure from Jets in past.
Pretend you're a construction worker. You spend five months building a house, the biggest, most expensive one in the neighborhood. It's going well, but one month before completion, the buyer says he wants an indoor pool.

Brian Schottenheimer was in a comparable situation when the Jets traded for Brett Favre - a lavish addition, but one that required a significant overhaul to the existing structure.

It has been a long, sometimes difficult process, with missteps along the way, but Schottenheimer, the Jets' offensive coordinator, finally has everything together. Ever since the bizarro game plan against the Chiefs, when they kept passing against the worst run defense on Earth, the Jets have found balance and consistency.

You can't argue with the facts: Averaging 28.9 points per game, tied for second in the NFL, the Jets are on a 462-point pace, which would shatter the franchise record. It also would be nearly 200 points better than last season.

"I see us getting really pretty special in chemistry and camaraderie," Schottenheimer said recently.

Some players believe it's Favre's offense, which is another way of saying Schottenheimer has acquiesced to the quarterback. No doubt, there has been a lot of give-and-take behind the scenes, probably more than we'll ever know. Clearly, Schottenheimer has had to adjust his scheme, based on Favre's likes and dislikes, but that's what good coaches do.

OUR EXPERTS CALL THE SHOTS
The bells and whistles from Schottenheimer's offense - the constant shifting and motioning - are less prevalent. The no-huddle, a staple when Chad Pennington was the quarterback, is only an occasional changeup. The Jets still use the shotgun, but not as much as last season.

Other key adjustments over the last three games:

More screens to Leon Washington. He gashed the Bills for 40 yards and he scored on a seven-yard screen pass against the Patriots. Get the ball in his hands in the open field, and enjoy the show.
How far can the revamped offense take the Jets? Hard to say, but there's a pretty good chance it will take Schottenheimer to another team in 2009.

Anywhere from four to eight teams will be looking for new head coaches. Schottenheimer, who interviewed for the Dolphins' and Ravens' jobs the past two offseasons, will be hotter than ever.

If his offense can stay that way.

Heimerdinger humdinger revisited

On Sunday, the Jets will face their former offensive coordinator, Mike Heimerdinger, who holds the same position with the Titans. Remember Dinger? His only season (2005) was marked by quarterback upheaval under Herm Edwards and an ugly divorce that provided tabloid fodder.

Even though newly hired Eric Mangini had no plans to retain Heimerdinger, he refused to fire him immediately because there were two years left on his contract (a total of $2.2 million) and the club suspected he already had a job lined up with the Broncos.

It made for a strange and awkward situation. Heimerdinger was outspoken in his desire to leave, but he reported to work every day, knowing his new boss didn't want him. The charade lasted about a week, both sides finally agreeing to part ways. Heimerdinger didn't get his money, but he got his freedom, landing quickly in Denver.

Reached Tuesday by phone, Heimerdinger insisted he doesn't have payback on his mind.

"Oh, no, I didn't have any bitterness when I left," said Heimerdinger, engaging in high-road revisionist history. "It was a great spot for me. I loved the area. I enjoyed my time there."

Reminded of his comments at the time, Heimerdinger said, "That was three years ago. I can't remember what I did Tuesday, let alone three years ago. ...Eric has done a great job. The team is on a roll. It's a really good organization. It all worked out for me."

Pick spots

The draft pick for Brett Favre is up to a third rounder - and rising.

It started out as a conditional fourth-round pick, but he reached the first trigger about two weeks ago - 50% playing time. With 10games, he's already acquired enough time to top 50%. It goes to a second rounder if he hits 70% and the Jets make the playoffs, which is starting to appear likely. If he hits 80% and the Super Bowl, it escalates to a first-rounder.

The Packers would love to recoup a first-round pick for Favre, but it would mean eating a lot of crow.

Keeping up with Jones

Thomas Jones is on a 1,366-yard rushing pace, which would be a career high. He already has scored a career-best 10 touchdowns.... Favre is third in the fan portion of the Pro Bowl balloting. He trails Saints QB Drew Brees and Redskins RB Clinton Portis, but he's one spot ahead of Eli Manning. ... If Favre wins at Tennessee's LP Field, he'd pass Dan Marino for most stadiums (32) with a win as a starting QB. ... Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch is expected to return after missing two games with a groin injury. Bad news for the Jets. ... Leon Washington leads the NFL in combined yards (1,475). ... LB David Harris (groin surgery) is expected to miss at least one more game.

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

If we go to the Super Bowl the Packers can keep all our picks are far as I'm concerned...

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

I think it is funny a month ago most of the fans wanted him fired.

I said all along the whole problem was the offensive line and not the oc.But I was told I was wrong

Now look what has happend...Favres picks are down because he is not getting pressured and hit .....Jones is able to run

Common sense says since the oline has finally got their stuff together is the whole reason everyone looks better

I have always said and will always say the offensive line is the number one key to how well the offense performs

Same goes on the flipside for the defense.

#4 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yeah well I'm still not on the Schotty nut riding train. This offense reeks of Callahan's delicious running stench, not Schotty's clueless West Coast retarded love child. I say good riddance if he wants to try to run a team, good luck to that team, we happen to have an accomplished coach in Callahan who would e happy to be a OC

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Nov 19 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is funny a month ago most of the fans wanted him fired.

I said all along the whole problem was the offensive line and not the oc.But I was told I was wrong

Now look what has happend...Favres picks are down because he is not getting pressured and hit .....Jones is able to run

Common sense says since the oline has finally got their stuff together is the whole reason everyone looks better

I have always said and will always say the offensive line is the number one key to how well the offense performs

Same goes on the flipside for the defense.

seriously? .....seriously? One article and you think the guy is the man? Yes we score a lot of points, yes are offense is moving the ball again, but NO Schotty is not off the hotseat, why? Because he almost blew the game against the patriots with a 24-6 lead at one point. you kidding me? Overall we might be scoring points again but the only stats that matter are wins and losses in the end and in the end schotty still gets WAY to conservative at very WRONG times.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Clemens11 @ Nov 19 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously? .....seriously? One article and you think the guy is the man? Yes we score a lot of points, yes are offense is moving the ball again, but NO Schotty is not off the hotseat, why? Because he almost blew the game against the patriots with a 24-6 lead at one point. you kidding me? Overall we might be scoring points again but the only stats that matter are wins and losses in the end and in the end schotty still gets WAY to conservative at very WRONG times.

If Schotty takes a hit for being conservative so does Mangini though...you can see Mangini always talking on the headset when the Jets have the ball...the plays very much appear to also be going through our HC....at least it appears that he is in direct contact with the coordinater (Schott) calling the plays.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Nov 19 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Schotty takes a hit for being conservative so does Mangini though...you can see Mangini always talking on the headset when the Jets have the ball...the plays very much appear to also be going through our HC....at least it appears that he is in direct contact with the coordinater (Schott) calling the plays.

You should watch the NFLN interview with Favre after the Pats game, its on NFL.com. But anyways basically Favre says how Mangini does sometimes suggest to run a play, but he has very little to do with any offensive stuff. He doesn't even know the play calls, like the terminology. Favre said Mangini would be like "hey, you should run that play where the guy crosses over and blah blah blah" So Mangini is really putting his trust into his offensive minds.

Anyways I feel Brian Schottenheimer has been calling games WAY better than he has before, he is starting to run some nice plays. I like the way he is calling a game right now, I hope he keeps it up. Hes a young guy also, so I guess he has growing pains in play calling. Same with Mangini as a HC.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Nov 19 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were wrong. It wasn't just the offensive, I mean, the offensive line wasn't near the main concern. Favre newness being here and knowing the playbook. The team as a WHOLE getting time to gel. Schotty learning how to use Favre and the players we have "on the fly".

It wasn't just the OL bro. You keep saying this all the time and you are wrong. Everyone is getting to know each other. When you bring in 7 starters on both sides of the ball there is going to be a transition period.

It's all good though. It was a culmination of a different array of problems.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users