NYJetsFan.com Forums: Failure Rate Article On New Consoles - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Failure Rate Article On New Consoles 1% ps3/wii 33% xbox360

#1 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

Failure Rate: Xbox 360 High As 33% - Sony PS3 & Nintendo Wii Less Than 1%

Posted on July 3, 2007

Retailers estimate that one in every three Microsoft Xbox 360’s sold fails leaving frustrated owners staring at the red ring of death, or worst a black screen that reads “disc unreadable”. When compared to other systems, former EB games associate Matthiew G said…

“Failure rates for all other consoles were not high enough for EB to consider revising their policies. Most other console systems have a failure rate of less than one percent, including the PlayStation 3.”

Not to be left out of the conversation, when another EB Games manager was asked if the store warranty was “worth the price”, he mentioned that the Nintendo Wii, with hundreds of units sold at their location has had ZERO come back as defective. We can hear Nintendo executives patting themselves on the back right now, no wait that’s just thunder.

A Best Buy associate who chose to remain anonymous claimed that the failure rate of the Microsoft Xbox 360 was in the ballpark of “between a quarter to a third” of the systems sold.

That said the Xbox 360 is the most successful console of the next gen bunch worldwide and has the largest market saturation to date with an impressive list of exclusive titles. Simple mathematics tells us that the more there are out there the more of a chance that some will fail, but 33% is still very high.

Microsoft stands behind their estimate that the Xbox 360 failure rate is within three to five percent, which they believe is well within the industry standard and in 2006 increased their warranty from 90 days up to 1 year. While they stand behind their estimate, it unfortunately does not seem to be accurate according to retailers of the product.

Based on a recent poll that was conducted by DailyTech with retailers nationwide, the Xbox 360 was unanimously named the least reliable gaming console in recent history. The high failure rate of the 360 has sent EB games officials back to the drawing board to revise their console warranty policy in 2007 and as a result the one year warranty price on a console is now nearly double!

“We had 35 Xbox 360s at launch I know more than half of them broke within the first six months (red lights or making circles under the game discs). Two of them were dead on arrival.” - said former EB Games employee Matthieu G.

Microsoft has made an effort in the realm of customer service to address the “ring of death” by adding an option to their customer support line (1-800-4MY-XBOX) called “three flashing red lights”. Those of us that still have the Johnny Cash “Ring Of Fire” parody still stuck in our heads, please try and control yourselves.

So while the 360 is the market leader with the Wii gaining fast, maybe consumers should be giving the Playstation 3 a second or “third” look before picking up a next gen console. While we admit that things are not looking great for Sony right now, the company is not going to roll over and die, Blu-ray is the current market leader, and the Playstation 3’s list of titles will only improve as time goes by and more developers familiarize themselves with it’s specs.

Source: DailyTech
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 4 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Failure Rate: Xbox 360 High As 33% - Sony PS3 & Nintendo Wii Less Than 1%

Posted on July 3, 2007

Retailers estimate that one in every three Microsoft Xbox 360’s sold fails leaving frustrated owners staring at the red ring of death, or worst a black screen that reads “disc unreadable”. When compared to other systems, former EB games associate Matthiew G said…

“Failure rates for all other consoles were not high enough for EB to consider revising their policies. Most other console systems have a failure rate of less than one percent, including the PlayStation 3.”

Not to be left out of the conversation, when another EB Games manager was asked if the store warranty was “worth the price”, he mentioned that the Nintendo Wii, with hundreds of units sold at their location has had ZERO come back as defective. We can hear Nintendo executives patting themselves on the back right now, no wait that’s just thunder.

A Best Buy associate who chose to remain anonymous claimed that the failure rate of the Microsoft Xbox 360 was in the ballpark of “between a quarter to a third” of the systems sold.

That said the Xbox 360 is the most successful console of the next gen bunch worldwide and has the largest market saturation to date with an impressive list of exclusive titles. Simple mathematics tells us that the more there are out there the more of a chance that some will fail, but 33% is still very high.
Microsoft stands behind their estimate that the Xbox 360 failure rate is within three to five percent, which they believe is well within the industry standard and in 2006 increased their warranty from 90 days up to 1 year. While they stand behind their estimate, it unfortunately does not seem to be accurate according to retailers of the product.

Based on a recent poll that was conducted by DailyTech with retailers nationwide, the Xbox 360 was unanimously named the least reliable gaming console in recent history. The high failure rate of the 360 has sent EB games officials back to the drawing board to revise their console warranty policy in 2007 and as a result the one year warranty price on a console is now nearly double!

“We had 35 Xbox 360s at launch I know more than half of them broke within the first six months (red lights or making circles under the game discs). Two of them were dead on arrival.” - said former EB Games employee Matthieu G.

Microsoft has made an effort in the realm of customer service to address the “ring of death” by adding an option to their customer support line (1-800-4MY-XBOX) called “three flashing red lights”. Those of us that still have the Johnny Cash “Ring Of Fire” parody still stuck in our heads, please try and control yourselves.

So while the 360 is the market leader with the Wii gaining fast, maybe consumers should be giving the Playstation 3 a second or “third” look before picking up a next gen console. While we admit that things are not looking great for Sony right now, the company is not going to roll over and die, Blu-ray is the current market leader, and the Playstation 3’s list of titles will only improve as time goes by and more developers familiarize themselves with it’s specs.

Source: DailyTech

ninetndos always made a quality system, and PS had like 6 years to get it right xbox rushed teh 360 out. thats why its failure rate is high.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

mine hasnt broke and thats all i really care about
ColesReturns87

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ Jul 4 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine hasnt broke and thats all i really care about

the problems are showing up from the 1st gen systems that are breaking down after 6 months or so. the later shipments haven't had any issues
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

man i wouldnt mind an elite 360. but i heard that the elites are almost exactly the same. no issues with the heating were resolved or upgrades for the fans/cooling were made. i guess ill wait for those new nano chips that are suppose to deliver a cooler performance.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 4 2007, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man i wouldnt mind an elite 360. but i heard that the elites are almost exactly the same. no issues with the heating were resolved or upgrades for the fans/cooling were made. i guess ill wait for those new nano chips that are suppose to deliver a cooler performance.

nanochip modles are scheduled for 08. price will probably drop by then. as far as overheating i haven't had an issue and between all the people in my house it sbeen running like 12 hours a day every day soo.. plus they make accessories to cool it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

well whatever is failing is probably a result of heat. and i heard about those accessories one of them melted the rear of my friends 360. i bet theres better ones out there. anyway im going to buy my 360 from costco because their return policy should protect my moneys. ill be getting a ps3 soon aswell.

#8 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

i'll likely buy a PS3 some time next year. It's not a worthy investment now to sit and collect dust. When there's more than 1 must-have game, i'll consider it. until then, i still need to see who will be the outright winner between dvd and blu-ray. i'm still mad about the minidisc players i bought when those came out. aside from that, xbox has had my money since 2002 because of XBox Live and their online gaming. PS3 couldn't compete. When they develop an online gaming system that's even comparable to the 360, I'll definitely be sold. Pretty games only take you so far after you beat em. You've got developers basically creating 2 games in one for XBox Live (see: Splinter Cell).

my 360 was a used 360, and it's working fine. no red lights, sometimes i play rainbow six for 4 hours, and i get no overheating. as for those coolers, all most of those do is suck dust into your machine. You're better off buying an oscillating fan and making sure your 360 is in the range of the air if you're really concerned.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

the PS3 issue is there overpriced. they scrapped the 30GB model. so now games have
1 PS3 to choose from (60GB hard drive) 599.99
1 wii (no hard drive) 249.99
and 3 xbox's to choose from
no hard drive 299.99
20GB hard drive 399.99
120 GB hard drive 479.99

so even the one with twice the hard drive space is less then the PS3 by over 100 dollars. xbox hit a sweet spot. for the people looking for a cheaper system to enjoy next gen games there is a 300 dollar model. for the casual gamer (most people) there is the 20GB model. and for the hardcore gamer there is a 120GB model. the PS3 issues is it is overpriced and doesn't have any huge exclusive titles. honostly there isn't 1 PS3 only game that i even care about at this point. as amen said. maybe when they boosth there lineup and add some better online play i might get one. but i don't think it happens till the PS4. i don't expect sony to be able to match xbox live but they need somehting better then they got. MS invested 1 billion dollars in xbox live. sony dones't have money like that to throw around.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

i have no facts to back this up but

when i went to eb games to look around about weeks ago the workers there said that microsoft owns about 69 percent of sony and is forcing them to have their gamers pay for online and have a system like xbl

dont bash me, just passing on what i hear
ColesReturns87

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ Jul 5 2007, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have no facts to back this up but

when i went to eb games to look around about weeks ago the workers there said that microsoft owns about 69 percent of sony and is forcing them to have their gamers pay for online and have a system like xbl
dont bash me, just passing on what i hear

i doubt that. if they did own 69% why would they enter the console war?
but then again MS does own part of apple and made a zune to compete with it. however that fact MS is a majority holder is completely untrue. i think the whole thing is probably made up by a sony fan boy cause they were all touting how xbox fan boys will have to pay a measily 50 dollars a year but they were gonna get it free. and i tried explaining that there was no way they would be getting it free but it fell on deaf ears. it just doens't make sense for sony who is charging an arm and leg for the system to give away online play. it would make most sense for them to come in just cheaper then MS (maybe 45 a year)
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

I get it occasionally in RSLV and thats it

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

I bought a cooling fan that plugs right into the back of my 360....It was 20 bucks and so worth it. never over heats...

I bought 360 as soon as it came out and i got one of the defective ones and sent it back and they sent me a brand new and havent had a problem with the new one...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

also the failure rate was inflated by stupidity.

alot of people were complaging in the 1st gen systems about it scratching the game discs, turns out it was cause they tried moving the system from vertical to horizontal while the game was spinning. what did they think was gonna happen. the level of stupidity in the country is amazing. so xbox had to add into the the manual not to change teh position of the system while its on.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

stupid mistakes or not 33% failure rate is a huge percentage.

QUOTE (extmenace @ Jul 11 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a cooling fan that plugs right into the back of my 360....It was 20 bucks and so worth it. never over heats...

I bought 360 as soon as it came out and i got one of the defective ones and sent it back and they sent me a brand new and havent had a problem with the new one...

you have to be carefull with those coolers. my friend had one on his 360 and it melted the rear part it was attached to.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 12 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stupid mistakes or not 33% failure rate is a huge percentage.
you have to be carefull with those coolers. my friend had one on his 360 and it melted the rear part it was attached to.

i don't understand all the heat issues. its seariously 90-95 degrees in my house, it runs abour 12 hours a day if not more and has never even gotten hot.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

You know why the 360 had all the returns dont you? Because it came out first and EVERYBODY wanted the PS3. So a bunch of kids sent theirs back, calling it defective, and hoped to use the money or credit on the PS3.

That's the only thing I can think of because I'm really surprised how happy I am with my 360. I hated the old controller but the 360 isn't bad at all. Plus it wasn't 600 dollars.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users