NYJetsFan.com Forums: Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick Off topic but equally important :)

#61 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 18 2005, 01:02 PM)
I only listed the most recent. Zelda was a true RPG and the first 3 FFs sucked. Only 4 and 7 were decent. Definitely not revolutionary. The same choice menu. A hybrid was more like parasite eve not Zelda. Zelda had the right idea. FF bores you too much. D&D were great RPGs as well but the newer ones sucked. And I never played eye of the beholder. Like I said I had almost every system since calico. Minus sega Saturn and dreamcast. I’ll name all the ones I had. Calico, Atari, Nintendo, super Nintendo, sega genisis, PS1, Nintendo 64, GC, PS2, and xbox. I know RPGs. FF might be popular now only because what else does PS2 have? That’s why. Its like the only RPG for play station. That’s why its popular. If I didn’t have a choice I would play it too.

You keep shwoing your ignorance. As I already said, and if you actually did some research you would know this, no game at the time of the first FF had a soundtrack as that game (and even more so in the next three) did. THose were masterful soundtracks that have all been released as albums in Japan. The reason games like Halo have great soundtracks NOW, is because FF did it THEN.

Also as I already said, games back then didn't have storylines like FF. Rarely did was there extended dialogue scenes or did charcters go through any notable personality changes. The FFs were the games that took storylines seriously and worked them into the console system.

And as you can't see why Zelda is less of an RPG than Final Fantasy:

Let me explain what an RPG is. An RPG was, in its first form, a text game. The first and most famous of these was of course Dungeons and Dragons. A text RPG is based around a few things. There is a fairly complex system for measuring stats (such as strength, speed, intelligence, and experience gained). These systems are used to develop the charcters into more powerful entites. But because D&D was originally played by a GM verbally informing the other players of what was happening, letting them choose their reactions, and then using dice as a result (most importantly because all this was done without any physical representation of the world the charcters inhabitated) the game also emphasized storytelling. It was important for the GM to be able to relate what a monster, what the enviroment the charcters were in, what everything looked and/or smelled like. Thus RPGs became a genre in which a story was the binding force of the action. THe most successful RPGs have always been ones with well thought out plots. (also, let me emphasize again that the RPG has a tradition of havign no physical representation of the actual game, although later players began using drawn mazes and caves and scale modeled figures)

Early in the life of home computers developers were already trying to take these games and translate their systems into a video games. THe first truley successfull attempt were three games that used a first person view and a functional version of the D&D numbers system. From "rolling dice" to create your charcter to "rolling dice" to turn back and attack or resist a magic spell, these games simulated teh whole experience.

Now, with the Genre there, a lot of games started to come out based on the same ideas. Mostly they were semi-plot driven stories about a hero trying to save his village or lost love, and in the process getting some new equipment and some more life or magic powers. But for a long time nothing came out that really changed things. Then RPGs kind of forked (as I already pointed out, these two games were released within a month of each other).

On the one hand, there was Zelda. The first two Zelda games had simple stat increases (life and magic meters) and a couple weapon upgrades. But the game tended towards action as you moved the charcter around, fought monsters in real time, and in general had a much more physical game. In general, Zleda tended more towards a Bayou Billy or Byonic Commando than D&D.

Then there was Final Fantasy. FF tended towards the more true D&D style of RPG. THere was a large overworld map, and moving into areas triggered a shift into a smaller area. The charcters were much less linear than in many previous RPGs, and much more similar to D&D where you could choose your's charcter class, spells, armor from a wide assortment. When you fought a monster (which was essentailly a random event, with no monsters appearing on the overworld map), you were shifted to a batlle screen where you choose what type of attack to do and the game worked out what happened.

In addition, FF (and they really took it to new heights with IV) was the first console game with a fairly complex plot. The FFs (and I especially mean I-VI and IX) were extremly plot heavy (and so I guess could be called "boring" by some people more interested in action based games) that emphasized charcters' personalitys, their reaction to events, and charcter development.

Today, so many genres are so mixed it is hard not to start labeling most games with multiple names (action/RPG/adventure or FPS/action), and in particular many games made in the current era tend to have many elements of RPG. But a true RPG is always going to be a game that has a noticable nod to it's D&D heritage.

So I hope you see why Final Fantasy is a series that is by far more RPG than many others. As a side note, and I kinda of hinted at this earlier, the first...First Person games were RPGs. So those original D&D games were some of the literally most revolutinary games ever made.

#62 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

That’s a very good post but your missing the whole point. FF wasn’t the first to do it. You said your self it was played w/o systems just dice then basically translated to games. Monopoly on the PC isn’t a breakthrough just a translation. Like playing magoc the card game (which I have never played) I don’t doubt FF was revolutionary but it wasn’t entertaining albeit I was very young when it first came out so that never interested me. I’m also not much of a book reader. A RPG is about taking someones role in a story and having an affect on the story as you grow older wiser and stronger and finally decide the ending based on your actions. Technically any game where you level up and learn and gai exp Etc. can be classified as an RPG. By you definition FF and D&D are the only RPGs. Morrowind had more text (I believe they said 5 times more the war and piece) in it but is nothing fitting into your description. Like I said good post but still not fully fact. More of an opinion. So ignorant isn’t what you should call me
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#63 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Nice try to blow off my argument. I called them "true" RPGs, but also called Zelda a branch of it. THere are RPGs with more action in them, but they aren;t as purely an RPG as these games. That makes them a blend. How much of a blend? Should they be called RPG/Action or Action/RPG? That is a different thing than what we are talking about. You said Zelda is more of an RPG than FF, and it isn't. D&D is what created teh term RPG, FF sticks more closely to that formula, Zelda contains much more action and less furthering than the charcter, and so FF is more of a true RPG than Zelda. Fact.

I called FF revolutionary for it's use of music, it's emphasis on charcter development (which no video game before amongst other things), and for it's successful translation of the D&D system into a video game. The D&D games did that.

A RPG is about taking someones role in a story and having an affect on the story as you grow older wiser and stronger and finally decide the ending based on your actions. Technically any game where you level up and learn and gai exp Etc. can be classified as an RPG

Yes I said that. And just about every video game does that, NOW. Before the RPGs began changing things, video game charcters tended towards beign the same from start ot finish. A charcter's stats, weapons, etc didn't improve throughout the game. In today's games almost every charcter gets better as the game goes on, which is all based in the RPG tradition. But we both know that there is a difference between Morrowind or Fable and GTA or Grand Turismo (okay, GT is pretty close to RPGhood, but not GTA), so don't try to blur the line just to make my argument look bad.

If you don't like to read, than a game with loads of text and little direct action probably wouldn't intrest you. But there is a differnce between you not liking to read and being boring. I can promise you I find very few games to be as interesting as a lot of books.

#64 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

Fact I didn’t say Zelda was more of an RPG. I said it is more of what an RPG should be. Basically saying that’s how I like my RPGs. Read first. There is no fact when it comes to games. A lot is a gray area. There are a lot of games that can be classified as RPG just like hunter the reckoning which started as what you call a traditiol RPG and now has become a hybrid. Fact is its all opinion. This is getting a little to far for something this petty. Can’t we just agree to disagree?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:44 PM

PS3 is better now and will be better later than XBox360. That's the point of this post fellers! Who gives a *beep* about RPG's? You need an ass kicking system to play it on right? Right! So for better video game play, get a PS3. Or waste your money on an XBox. You'll get the MS MO, "If it's broke, dont fix it! Buy someone elses!" Like everything else MS does, they can't come up with new ideas nor increase the performance of the XBox due to lack of innovation and "creative" thinking.

So lets just agree to disagree on the rpg ... and once we all come to our senses we can agree that Xbox is gonna be eating the turds the PS3 left behind for it!

#66 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

Your right MS can’t come up with any ideas. All they did is create xbox live, internal hard drive, top graphics engine to date, the burn music for custom sound tracks ability, online stat tracking, etc. on their first try for a system. Sony was on its second and still couldn’t compare. I hate to say it but all you sony loyalists are idiots if you think that. Right now we don’t know which is better not until they come out. Hey I’m a knick fan and a huge loyalist to them but I’m realistic. They suck. That simple. I’ll probably wind up with the xbox 360 which I hear is also a tivo dvd burner and more. PS2 sucks compared to the xbox but who knows which one will be better but all I know is history repeats itself and if it does then the new xbox will be better
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#67 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

hey moderators can this topic get moved, no offense but i amgetting sick of this...

its all love biggrin.gif

i dont want to be a biatch about it, but thats my two cents... when i come into the football forum it really throws off my mindset to read video game stuff, and i usuall yend up not reading it anyway... but eh, i digress
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#68 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

i'm going to jump into the middle of this discussion.

#69 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (HermIsMyHero @ May 18 2005, 12:31 AM)
Notice. I never posted during this argument. WHy? because I cannot get into these arguments. I have too much to say. and way too little time to say it. Like right now I should have been asleep for like 2 hours already but I had to come here. You know what? This is my last ever post. I need to get my time in priority. I have no time since I've been home between work and my social life. I'm sorry but I respect you all and love this place, but I need my life back and while I was about to post my feelings on the games spoken previously about I decided I couldnt say it all. Good luck to you all and GO JETS!

You're kidding right? I hope you are, I'll miss you. But this belongs elsewhere, it was wierd to find it here.
I don't care that much, but when is this coming out? Sounds really sweet.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users