JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) LMAO Geno throws the INT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) he had to throw a bad INT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:07 PM) why didn't Harris run that back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) that ball never hit the ground
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) that is not being heads up
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) that ball bounced off Pace
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) and right into Harris' arms
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) damnit why couldn't that play break that fuckers leg
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:15 PM) and they score a TD
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) Rex might get fined for that f*** THIS SHIT he just got caught saying after the call was not reversed
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) who cares if he gets fined
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) he can afford it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:20 PM) Conner just dropped that shoulder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:21 PM) Cumberland breaking the tackle
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:23 PM) good drive
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:23 PM) now we need a redzone TD
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:25 PM) ok with the sack
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:25 PM) at least he didn't throw an INT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:26 PM) but our redzone ineffectiveness is still in full display
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:26 PM) 1 point down
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) INT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) huge pick
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) bad sack
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) it was blocked
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) that sack made that FG get tipped
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) big 3rd down
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) short
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) by a link
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) but we are about to give up the inch
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) STACK THE LINE
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) why is he challenging it wasn't a 1st down
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:44 PM) WHY THE f*** WAS IT A 1ST DOWN
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:44 PM) I don't understand the measurement was 1 link short and they still gave them the 1st?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) THE REFS CALLED IT A 1ST DOWN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) We are fucked now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) I don't understand if its short how is it a first down
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:46 PM) we got robbed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) that ref fucked us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) and we have zero TO's now
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) Because it's the Pats
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) I just don't understand how the pats always get the f***ing call
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) I don't care, losing is better for us long term anyways
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Jets made it interesting and still accomplished what they needed to.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Stars and Stripes on the helmet.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) Rex showed how good of a defensive coach he is today, he'll have his suitors.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Whispers From Around The Nfl ESPN.com

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

We hear that comments by GM Mike Tannenbaum that the Jets believe DL Dewayne Robertson affords them flexibility with his ability to play tackle or end indicates that the team may consider moving Robertson, who's not as stout as the team would like for its nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme, to end in 2007.

Not that we all didn't know this...but it's good to see it in writing. I think D Rob will be an amazing DE in the 3-4...can't wait to see him get significant reps there.

But who is going to step in as the NT?

Is he on the roster? Sione Pouha?

Is he a draftee? Amobio Okoye? Louis Leonard?

Is he in the NFL? Terdell Sands?
Posted Image

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

I would sign Hollis Thomas, he would be a instant starter and a good sign, he is a good NT. Hes a UFA this offseason.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

im going to throw something out there a little wild, so brace yourself

two top canidates for the Steelers HC job are Mike Tomlin and Ron Riveria, both d coordinators for cover 2 defenses, so lets say if one of them gets the job they bring the cover 2 to Pittsburgh potentially making Casey Hampton available for trade. D-Rob was drafted to be a cover 2 penetrator, something that every cover 2 needs and one is not on Pitts roster, so try and trade D-Rob and probably a draft pick for Casey Hampton and everybody wins. Justing throwing it there.

#4 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

Yea thats what Steeler fans say, that they want to trade him because they dont think he can play in the 4-3.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that we all didn't know this...but it's good to see it in writing. I think D Rob will be an amazing DE in the 3-4...can't wait to see him get significant reps there.

If we draft OKOYE or any other kid NT it will take a few years to develop him at the position. POUHA just might have to step up and do the job! but I see us signing a widebody NT as a FA! I also think OKOYE would be good for us too!
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

#6 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

I never really seen Terdell Sands play a lot, but I was at the Jets vs Raiders game, and when the Raiders came out of the tunnel Sands really stood out, he is enourmous! So if we are looking for a space eater this guy will def. fill up space.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Jan 17 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never really seen Terdell Sands play a lot, but I was at the Jets vs Raiders game, and when the Raiders came out of the tunnel Sands really stood out, he is enourmous! So if we are looking for a space eater this guy will def. fill up space.

Yeah...he's really the only potential NT I see that is going to be a free agent...
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 17 2007, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea thats what Steeler fans say, that they want to trade him because they dont think he can play in the 4-3.

Thats crazy casey hampton is the best NT in the game along with Jamal Williams and he is still only 29. Dont get me wrong i would love him as a Jet but NT are utilized 4-3 defenses also. You cant have a successful undertackle like warren sapp or D-Rob without a huge space eater, this is a big reason for D-Rob's decline when fergeson left and sapp's decline when he left the Buccs and in a cover-2 where there isnt much blitzing that is very important. Also look at MacFarland who alot of people thought was really a true NT and failed at replacing Sapp but when he went to the Colts he immediately helped their run defense he started playing the NT role. But if the steeler do let him go i would love to have him and its also a good sign that this new regime is pretty dumb so thats a win win right there.
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#9 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:47 AM

This makes my mock draft look a little like what the jets will pick with their first rounder... lol

#10 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

I doubt the Steelers trade Hampton and if they do it will take an awful lot to acquire him. I'd rather keep the picks - remember we only have six - and not use them in trades for players.

#11 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

half of my wild thought has come true, Mike Tomlin has been hired as Steelers coach. Now Lets see if he inserts the cover 2 there.

#12 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

it looks to be the single BIGGEST question . if they can fill that spot with quality it would be huge.

pun intended crazy.gif seriously though .

btw , Hampton may not be a 3technique but that doesn't mean he doesn't play the other tackle spot in the 4-3 .
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#13 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

I must be the only one on this board, that thinks D-Rob is a good NT. Our only problem is the other DE, and depth. We need a better backup NT. I wish we got Grady Jackson, he led d-linemen in tackles for loss this year. He would of been a great signing for us. You just dont move that guy. The thing with Robertson though, is he isnt a huge guy that wont be moved, but he is a guy that uses his hands and gets off the ball fast and pushs the linemen back. But thats why we need a good back up, because he gets tired then doesnt come off as fast and then can get pushed. I really think that DE is our biggest problem on the d-line, though I cant see Robertson being the answer. At 6-1 317 he is kinda packed in. He isnt a tall muscle kind of guy, he more of a packed in guy. I dont think that he can get past OTs because of their long arms. Robertson has short arms. I think a 3-4 DE must has long arms and be around 6-4 or taller. Because its not like he can just use speed to get passed them. He has to lock on to these guys and and keep them off the LBs while not getting pushed or anything. Also if a guy comes Robertson's way, I doubt Robertson has to speed to get off and run to the sideline to get him. I much rather go after a DE for the 3-4, like go after Cory Redding, or draft Carriker. I want Carriker the most though, since he is 6-6 296, he will weigh around 310 in the pros.

Look at these 3-4 DEs, and look at their heights..
Seymour-6-6
Ty Warren-6-5
Igor Olshansky -6-6
Luis Castillo -6-3
Marcus Spears-6-4
Chris Canty-6-7
Aaron Smith-6-5
Brett Keisel-6-5
Shaun Ellis-6-5
Only 1 starting DE for a 3-4 team is under 6-4. Most are above 6-5.
Kimo-6-4
Now look at NTs height.
Jamal Williams-6-1, 348
Casey Hampton-6-1,325
Jason Ferguson-6-3, 310
Robertson-6-1, 317
Wilfork-6-2, 325
Also Robertson needs to do is gain alittle more weight. He needs to get to 320 atleast, maybe get himself to 325.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must be the only one on this board, that thinks D-Rob is a good NT. Our only problem is the other DE, and depth. We need a better backup NT. I wish we got Grady Jackson, he led d-linemen in tackles for loss this year. He would of been a great signing for us. You just dont move that guy. The thing with Robertson though, is he isnt a huge guy that wont be moved, but he is a guy that uses his hands and gets off the ball fast and pushs the linemen back. But thats why we need a good back up, because he gets tired then doesnt come off as fast and then can get pushed. I really think that DE is our biggest problem on the d-line, though I cant see Robertson being the answer. At 6-1 317 he is kinda packed in. He isnt a tall muscle kind of guy, he more of a packed in guy. I dont think that he can get past OTs because of their long arms. Robertson has short arms. I think a 3-4 DE must has long arms and be around 6-4 or taller. Because its not like he can just use speed to get passed them. He has to lock on to these guys and and keep them off the LBs while not getting pushed or anything. Also if a guy comes Robertson's way, I doubt Robertson has to speed to get off and run to the sideline to get him. I much rather go after a DE for the 3-4, like go after Cory Redding, or draft Carriker. I want Carriker the most though, since he is 6-6 296, he will weigh around 310 in the pros.

Look at these 3-4 DEs, and look at their heights..
Seymour-6-6
Ty Warren-6-5
Igor Olshansky -6-6
Luis Castillo -6-3
Marcus Spears-6-4
Chris Canty-6-7
Aaron Smith-6-5
Brett Keisel-6-5
Shaun Ellis-6-5
Only 1 starting DE for a 3-4 team is under 6-4. Most are above 6-5.
Kimo-6-4
Now look at NTs height.
Jamal Williams-6-1, 348
Casey Hampton-6-1,325
Jason Ferguson-6-3, 310
Robertson-6-1, 317
Wilfork-6-2, 325
Also Robertson needs to do is gain alittle more weight. He needs to get to 320 atleast, maybe get himself to 325.

yes...I know...he isn't the ideal height...but for the 18 millionth time...it has a lot more to do with style of play than size. IE - Space Eater vs. Pass Rusher. D Rob is a pass rushing DT...we need a space eating DT.

Besides it sounds to me like they want to move him around...maybe he'll be a DE on obvious rushing downs...and a NT on obvious passing downs...
Posted Image

#15 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes...I know...he isn't the ideal height...but for the 18 millionth time...it has a lot more to do with style of play than size. IE - Space Eater vs. Pass Rusher. D Rob is a pass rushing DT...we need a space eating DT.

Besides it sounds to me like they want to move him around...maybe he'll be a DE on obvious rushing downs...and a NT on obvious passing downs...

Yea I know that, and thats why I think that Robertson is a good NT, because he did play really good at it the 2nd half of the year. Robertson had his best year of his career this year, and it was at NT. Im just saying that he will probaly gain some weight this off season to around 320-325.
They probaly will move Robertson around, thats what they did this year, but he mainly played NT. I think that for the most part, we need depth on the d-line, and a true starter for DE. Carriker in the 2nd round sounds good to me, also we need a better OLB, Hobson is not good. He is overrated by most people, just becaue his stats look good. I look at things like, how many TFL does he get, and how he sheds blockers and how many QB pressures he gets. I like Hobson, but I do think that he may be a better ILB then OLB. We need a faster OLB on that side, thats why Im on the Jarvis Moss Bandwagon. He would be perfect, at 6-6, 250, plus he is the fastest DE in the draft, so he would make a good OLB, he would be a great pickup for us in the first round, if hes there.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

now that i think about it, CJ Mosley i think could fill the void for NT
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#17 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now that i think about it, CJ Mosley i think could fill the void for NT

He may, but I really havent seen enough of him, only one game can I remember him playing in, the Vikings game, but he did do really good in that game. He did have a sack in it. crazy.gif
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (DewayneDontSign @ Jan 20 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
half of my wild thought has come true, Mike Tomlin has been hired as Steelers coach. Now Lets see if he inserts the cover 2 there.

Not just yet. Some sources are reporting he is close/going to be hired whilst others report Grimm is the man to replace the Chin.

#19 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep . but he's not all wrong .

now get that big guy for the nose . then get a quality DE and have DRob , Shawn , your NT , AND A Quality DE to replace Oehlhofen , for the front of the D-Line rotatation .

ideally of course .
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Mehlfan @ Jan 21 2007, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep . but he's not all wrong .

now get that big guy for the nose . then get a quality DE and have DRob , Shawn , your NT , AND A Quality DE to replace Oehlhofen , for the front of the D-Line rotatation .

ideally of course .

Yeah...of course...get the big guy for NT...but who?

There aren't exactly abundant options at the moment...in fact there are next to no options...I wonder what Tangini is going to do about the NT spot...
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users