NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Rank #49 Out Of All 80 Superbowl Teams - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:34 PM) So us and Oak are 3-12 who is 3 and who is 4
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:34 PM) Schedule strength
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:35 PM) So we have to add it up
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:35 PM) We have played 12-3 NE 2 times
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:35 PM) Oakland is 5 with win we are 4
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:35 PM) and we played GB 12-3 and DET 12-3
santana Icon : (Today, 07:35 PM) DID YOU EVEN READ IT!?!? GOSHH
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Why do I even try?
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Take your meds GG
santana Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) I KNOW??? WHY TRY WHY DO ANYTHING GOSHHH
santana Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Rob relax
santana Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Christ
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I don't take meds I'm not a psycho
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm even keeled and I love getting rises out of you all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Today, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Today, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jets Rank #49 Out Of All 80 Superbowl Teams How does a winner rank lower than the losers?

#1 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

http://sports.espn.g.../rankings/41-60

#49 - 1968 NYJ (11-3)
The Jets are undeniably the biggest surprise in Super Bowl history, but they are also one of the least impressive champions. Sure, there's the glitz of Joe Namath and his guarantee of victory over an 18-point favorite. New York also boasted a future Hall of Fame wide receiver in Don Maynard and a solid ground game with Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer. However, the Jets had just the third-best record in the AFL that season. Namath completed fewer than 50 percent of his passes, throwing more interceptions than touchdowns. Coincidentally, Weeb Ewbank coached New York to victory in the Super Bowl over his former team, the Colts. Oh yeah … and the Jets lost the "Heidi" game that season.

Guess who was right on our heels? Last seasons Seahawks! Guess who ranked ahead of us.... The 2004 Superbowl losing Eagles! No respect. ESPN and the rest of the sports world just doesn't respect the Joe Namath or the Jets. Bunch of assholes.

#2 User is offline   smallguy Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

The real thing that shocks me is that the team we beat (1968 Colts) are also ahead of us. bullshit.gif

#3 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (smallguy @ Jan 25 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real thing that shocks me is that the team we beat (1968 Colts) are also ahead of us. bullshit.gif

I didn't even notice that! Man that's some disrespect right there.

It's been highly touted that this was the greatest game for the NFL and football ever. It was huge what Joe Willie Namath and the Jets did for the NFL that day. No respect.

Footnote: I say "No respect" alot and in the style of Adam Sandler's CD "What the hell happened to me". Great track.

#4 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

Why do people get so upset about rankings, it someone's opinion who cares

#5 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 25 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do people get so upset about rankings, it someone's opinion who cares

its because they disrespect us and act as if were horrible, they also had like last years steelers above us and the 2000 ravens
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#6 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

how can they have the team we beat ahead of us um we proved we were better than them on the biggest stage so how can you logically put them in front.

that fact right there makes this idiots opinion lose all credibility

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

Oh come on guys...everyone feels as if they are disrespected...fact is the Jets aren't the greatest thing to grace this fine earth. And our Superbowl team wasn't that good...they gave you the reasons...Namath threw more interceptions than TD's...

Who really cares...it's not a lack of respect...so calm down...
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Ty Shoes Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:A downstate AFC football team.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Jan 25 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how can they have the team we beat ahead of us um we proved we were better than them on the biggest stage so how can you logically put them in front.

that fact right there makes this idiots opinion lose all credibility

Uh, they called the Super Bowl III win a huge upset by the Jets.
Ranking that Colts team ahead of the Jets is actually very logical.
Keep the NY in NY Jets

#9 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

That jets team changed football. That super bowl win made the NFL. The AFL was considered a joke at that time. True it was not the greatest team to win the superbowl but it changed the structure of the league. We should of been higher than that. Forget the stats. The significance of that win that really matters.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Jan 26 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That jets team changed football. That super bowl win made the NFL. The AFL was considered a joke at that time. True it was not the greatest team to win the superbowl but it changed the structure of the league. We should of been higher than that. Forget the stats. The significance of that win that really matters.

Agreed the game was very significant...and no Jet fan can bitch about that...it's always mentioned how the Jets saved football and the Super Bowl as we know it. But this list isn't about significance...it's about which teams were the best...and the Jets were not the best.

I mean seriously guys...the Jets are ranked 49...what if we were ranked 80? Don't you think every one of the fan's of teams behind of us are bitching about the same thing. Stop the No Respect thing...it's old...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

I'll stop it when we atleast rank #40 ahead of the teams that lost the Superbowl. First off, it was a different era. They didn't factor that part in. 2nd, this team actually won the Superbowl against what was supposed to be one of the greatest teams at the time.

Football was played differently then and if you look at what Namath alone did for the development of passing offense... they were the best team around in that vein. Like I said, they are looking purely at stats but not at the quality. Football was a smash mouth sport at one time. You think these teams today, like the 2004 Eagles or the 2005 Seahawks could play against a team that physically abused them like that? I don't.

The NFL is soft these days. It's a timing game now and a "You can't touch me or my QB" kind of league. Back then they'd destroy these QB's and they would fold under the mental pressue of being thrown around like a rag doll. That's what made Joe Namath so great. That's what made this Jets team so great. They were amazing despite the smash-mouthedness... I made that word up btw. I think the article is written by a guy that doesn't respect in general the early game.

Personally, that's like saying Robert Johnson would get schooled by Stevie Ray Vaughn when Robert Johnson is the reason Stevie Ray Vaughn even could play the blues. That's where I'm coming from. Are they the best Superbowl team? No, but they are better than alot of teams that won the Superbowl and alot better than the losers that didn't. Not only that, if you measure them in their era .... they were great. If the team itself wasn't great, how the hell did 2 players go to the HOF?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users