NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Vs Giants Up Close - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jets Vs Giants Up Close

#1 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Giants get edge over Jets in Subway Super Bowl

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 10:35 AM

Murawinski/News Sipkin/News Eli Manning is trying to point the Giants back to the Super Bowl.

Russell/AP Brett Favre has the Jets riding high in the AFC.

The Super Bowl is only 68 days away and the Giants and Jets are the two best teams in the NFL. Giants first. Jets second. Each week they move closer to the ultimate New York football fantasy: Big Blue vs. Gang Green in the Super Bowl in Tampa.

And so the debate rages who is better, the upstart Jets or the red-hot Giants?

BIG APPLE FOOTBALL: WEEK 12
Here's how they match up if they were to square off in the dreamiest of Super Bowl dreams:

QUARTERBACK

This is a close one but I trust Eli Manning more in a big spot not to make a big mistake. He outplayed Brett Favre in the NFC title game in January in what used to be Favre weather in Green Bay. He would do it again in the warm weather. Manning just went through a stretch of six straight games under 200 yards passing. But that's because the Giants were running it so well. He more than kept up with Kurt Warner's video game offense in Arizona on Sunday: 240 yards, three TDs, no picks. Favre was outstanding in New England and Tennessee and has bought into Eric Mangini's low-risk approach, which worked so well for him with the Packers last year. He has made a commitment to getting the ball in the hands of his playmakers and letting them run with it rather than going deep. The Giants are first in the league in scoring and the Jets are second, each just under 30 points per game.

EDGE: Giants

RUNNING BACKS

Earth, Wind and Fire give the Giants the best running game in the league. Brandon Jacobs smashes defenses, Derrick Ward runs through them and Ahmad Bradshaw runs around them. If Bradshaw got the same number of touches as Leon Washington, he might put up the same numbers. Thomas Jones leads the AFC with 950 yards and is averaging 4.4 yards per carry, up almost a full yard from last year. The new offensive line should be getting some nice holiday gifts. Washington can score from anywhere on the field. He has seven TDs: a kickoff return (94 yards), four rushing and two receiving.

RECEIVERS

Plaxico Burress has been invisible since he disappeared on the Giants for a day on the Monday after the third game. Now he's hurt. The Giants are very deep with Amani Toomer, Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon. Tight end Kevin Boss is making plays after a slow start. For the Jets, Jerricho Cotchery developed instant chemistry with Favre. Laveranues Coles was hurt when Favre first arrived and he was sulking over Chad Pennington. But Coles has been won over. Coles and Cotchery have thrived catching Favre's fastballs, even though it bruises their arms. Favre is helping to make rookie tight end Dustin Keller a star.

EDGE: Jets

OFFENSIVE LINE

The Giants have the best in football. They've had the same five players in the same five spots for two years and it shows. Chris Snee and Shaun O'Hara deserve Pro Bowl spots. They are more versatile and mobile than the Jets' line. The Jets paid a lot and are getting a lot. Alan Faneca did an excellent job keeping Albert Haynesworth away from Favre. Damien Woody has been solid at right tackle. This group has really come together lately to become a major strength.

DEFENSIVE LINE

Michael Strahan retired and Osi Umenyiora was lost for the year in the preseason and this is still the NFL's best D-line. Justin Tuck was the Giants' top lineman last year but was overshadowed by Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. He has also become a team leader. Kris Jenkins took no time to adapt to playing the middle in the Jets' 3-4 and could be the defensive player of the year. It has become very tough to run on the Jets. They are giving up 3.4 yards per carry. Last year it was 4.2. They are No. 3 in rushing defense; last year No. 29.

LINEBACKERS

Antonio Pierce is not Harry Carson in the middle of the Giants defense, but he runs the show and makes sure everybody is lined up. Calvin Pace (five sacks) and Bryan Thomas (four) have become productive outside bookends for the Jets. Eric Barton and David Bowens are helped inside by Jenkins taking up three blockers.

SECONDARY

Corey Webster went from not dressing for a couple of games last year to intercepting Favre in OT to set up the championship victory to becoming a shutdown corner. Aaron Ross is starting to make some plays. And it looks like Kenny Phillips is going to be an impact player. The Jets have the two best DBs in New York. Darrelle Revis is a shutdown and FS Kerry Rhodes is a playmaker. But the Jets are weak at the other two spots and gave up 400 yards passing to Matt Cassel two weeks ago and 373 in the second half to Kurt Warner. You can still throw on the Jets.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Both incumbent kickers got hurt and can't get their jobs back. Tom Coughlin is going with his kicker of the week between John Carney and Lawrence Tynes while Jay Feely has given Eric Mangini no reason to put Mike Nugent back on the field. Jeff Feagles is the best directional punter in the league. Reggie Hodges has done well since replacing Ben Graham. Here's what gives the edge: No special teams coach is more creative than Mike Westhoff. And Leon Washington is dynamic returning punts and kickoffs.

COACHES

Tom Coughlin went from nearly being fired to winning the Super Bowl. And he could win it again. He transformed himself into a players' coach last year and the players bought it. Eric Mangini has done a terrific job convincing Favre he didn't have to win games by himself. Mangini took a big risk bringing in a player way bigger than the team and it's worked because Favre just wants to win.

Super Bowl Score:

Giants 27, Jets 23

http://www.nydailyne...ubway_supe.html

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

I think the score would be more like 30 -10 and as I have said before we play at the meadowlands screw tampa.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

I agree with the assessment but your going to put Eli over a HOF'er?

Also he missed a category. tight ends!!!, egde Jets!

#4 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

Aaron Ross sucks. Whenever I watch a Giants game he's pulling a Barrett.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#5 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

Of all the Teams we may have to play on the way to the championship The Giants and the Colts Scare me the most. Giants are just flat out outplaying everyone in the NFL right now. There Running game is scary good and Eli can sling it. At least we wont have to see them untill the big game and by then all bets are off.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:06 PM

The fact that this article was written is exactly what is wrong with NY and why people hate us.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#7 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 25 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the assessment but your going to put Eli over a HOF'er?

Also he missed a category. tight ends!!!, egde Jets!

He put it in with receivers.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Nov 25 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the score would be more like 30 -10 and as I have said before we play at the meadowlands screw tampa.

If the Iggles could take them down to the wire, the Jets most certainly can.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Eagles are in decline and sure we are rising but the Giants are playing above everyone else right now.
we shall soon found out because its going by fast .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

this guy is a moron

seconday of the jets is way ebtter. and no wya the giants hold us under 30 points. we would kill the giants in teh SB
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Nov 25 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this guy is a moron

seconday of the jets is way ebtter. and no wya the giants hold us under 30 points. we would kill the giants in teh SB

How about we try & beat Denver this Sunday...ALL that other stuff is irrelevant if we don't stay focused on the task at hand. I'm all for wishful thinking but just once I would like for it to come true & the only way for that to happen is to stay focused on our next opponent & let the chips fall where they may.

#12 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Timebandit @ Nov 26 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about we try & beat Denver this Sunday...ALL that other stuff is irrelevant if we don't stay focused on the task at hand. I'm all for wishful thinking but just once I would like for it to come true & the only way for that to happen is to stay focused on our next opponent & let the chips fall where they may.

Excellent post bandit!! We are being annointed with 5 games left to play...don't get me wrong guys, I'm thrilled and loving the play of OUR team. I am buying into this one game at a time theory, as well as beleive in the approach. For me, it's all about Denver this Sunday!!

But it is great to see us getting our props...now we have to keep showing that we are contenders...

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Nov 25 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent post bandit!! We are being annointed with 5 games left to play...don't get me wrong guys, I'm thrilled and loving the play of OUR team. I am buying into this one game at a time theory, as well as beleive in the approach. For me, it's all about Denver this Sunday!!
But it is great to see us getting our props...now we have to keep showing that we are contenders...

1 day at a time is for the players not to get *beep*y. us fans have to effect on the game. we can enjoy what we have. i sure as hell am. i've bena jet fan all my life. and its been torture, now we have something special going i'm gonna enjoy it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Nov 26 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 day at a time is for the players not to get *beep*y. us fans have to effect on the game. we can enjoy what we have. i sure as hell am. i've bena jet fan all my life. and its been torture, now we have something special going i'm gonna enjoy it

We have all been jet fans our whole life and enjoying it...can't make the Super Bowl until we make the playoffs. Can't make the playoffs until we finish out the season the way we have played the last 5 games..So it all starts with Denver this Sunday! very simple logic in my opinion..but thats me...

So I say we go out and beat up on the Broncos at home this Sunday, and enjoy that!

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Nov 25 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have all been jet fans our whole life and enjoying it...can't make the Super Bowl until we make the playoffs. Can't make the playoffs until we finish out the season the way we have played the last 5 games..So it all starts with Denver this Sunday! very simple logic in my opinion..but thats me...

So I say we go out and beat up on the Broncos at home this Sunday, and enjoy that!

i gotta find a place in vegas to watch the game rocking my favre jersey. i'll try and take a pic of me reppin the jets in Las vegas
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

I remember the 1986 season we started off 10-1 (that's right 10-1 that is not a typo) & EVERYBODY was saying how this is gonna be the year...well we all know how that ended, we lost 5 straight & didn't even win our division & we got knocked off in the 1st rd wildcard game. In that season I think we & the Broncos were undefeated at 6-0 or 7-0 & we played a Monday night game & that was the 1st time in NFL history that 2 undefeated teams played a Monday night game that late in the season, needless to say the Jets crushed the Broncs & everyone & I mean everyone was on our bandwagon. Again, I'm all for optimistic thinking but we have to remember who we are talking about, I mentioned something like this in a previous post the reason this team NEVER gets any respect around the league is because they are infamous at choking. The Jets are like Lucy of the Peanuts cartoon & the Jet fans are like Charlie Brown...everytime Charlie Brown thinks this is the time he going to be able to kick the ball & at the last second Lucy pulls it away & Charlie lands flat on his back...AGAIN. I hate this analogy but if your a Jet fan you know how true & sad it really is. So, I hope you guys out there understand why I am still reserved in giving this team it's props, I mean I'm glad about what's happening & all but I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. That's why I say, especially w/this team 1 game at a time & we'll take it from there.

#17 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

1986 team had all those games over at halftime . But hey this is only a local thread here much like when some of you talk Fantasy football this is our football fantasy and we know the Reality , which is we are taking them games one at a time .....Denver is toast .

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users