NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bill Belichick - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bill Belichick Proof of what kind of person he is, not just an opinion!

#1 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

NEW YORK - Former New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson said coach Bill Belichick subjected him to hard hits in practice while he was recovering from a concussion against the advice of the team's top trainer.

Johnson, who helped the Patriots win three Super Bowl titles before retiring two years ago, told The New York Times that a collision with another player during that 2002 practice led to another concussion. And, after sustaining additional concussions over the next three seasons, he now forgets people's names, misses appointments and suffers from depression and an addiction to amphetamines.

"There's something wrong with me," the 34-year-old Johnson told the Times in a story posted on its Web site Thursday night. "There's something wrong with my brain. And I know when it started."

The Boston Globe, which is owned by the Times, posted a similar story on its Web site.

Johnson, who played 10 years in the NFL, said he began to deteriorate in August 2002 with a concussion during an exhibition game against the New York Giants. He sustained another concussion four days later after Belichick prodded him to participate in a full-contact practice, even though he was supposed to be avoiding hits, Johnson said.

The next month, with their relationship already strained, Johnson confronted Belichick about the practice after the coach asked him to meet in his office.

"I told him, `You played God with my health. You knew I shouldn't have been cleared to play,'" Johnson told the Globe.

Belichick told the Globe he got no cue from Johnson in practice that day that he was hesitant about participating in the full-contact drill.

"If Ted felt so strongly that he didn't feel he was ready to practice with us, he should have told me," Belichick said.

The Patriots did not allow Jim Whalen, still their head trainer, to comment for this story, according to the Globe.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James told The Associated Press on Thursday night that the team was aware of the report but was not prepared to comment.

In a story last month, the Times reported that brain damage caused on the football field ultimately led to the suicide of former NFL defensive back Andre Waters last November, according to a forensic pathologist who studied Waters' brain tissue.

"We have been focused on the issue of concussions for years," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the AP. "It remains one of our prime concerns as we continue to do everything possible to protect the health of our players."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to answer questions about the issue at his annual state of the NFL news conference Friday.

Dr. Lee H. Schwamm, the neurologist at Massachusetts General Hospital who examined Johnson, wrote in a memo on Aug. 19, 2002, that Johnson sustained a second concussion in that practice, the Times reported.

Schwamm also wrote that, after speaking with Whalen, that the trainer "was on the sidelines when he sustained the concussion during the game and assessed him frequently at the sideline," and that "he has kept Mr. Johnson out of contact since that time."

Johnson said he spoke with Belichick the next day about the incident, but only briefly, the Times said.

"He was vaguely acknowledging that he was aware of what happened," Johnson said, "and he wanted to just kind of let me know that he knew."

Johnson sat out the next two preseason games on the advice of his neurologist, but played in the final one. Then, thinking he was still going to be left off the active roster for the season opener against Pittsburgh, he angrily left camp for two days before returning and meeting with Belichick.

"It's as clear as a bell, 'I had to see if you could play,'" Johnson recalled Belichick saying, according to the Times.

Moments later, Johnson said, Belichick admitted he had made a mistake by subjecting him to a full-contact drill.

"It was a real kind of admittance, but it was only him and I in the room," Johnson told the Times.

After returning to game action, the linebacker sustained more concussions of varying severity over the following three seasons, each of them exacerbating the next, according to his current neurologist, Dr. Robert Cantu.

Cantu told the Times he was certain that Johnson's problems "are related to his previous head injuries, as they are all rather classic postconcussion symptoms."

He added, "They are most likely permanent."

Cantu, the chief of neurosurgery and director of sports medicine at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Mass., also said Johnson shows signs of early Alzheimer's disease.

"The majority of those symptoms relentlessly progress over time," Cantu said. "It could be that at the time he's in his 50s, he could have severe Alzheimer's symptoms."

Johnson told the Globe he estimates he had at least six concussions in his last three seasons, but reported only one because he already had a reputation as an injury-prone player and he didn't want to make it worse.

"Looking back, it was stupid not to tell anyone," Johnson said. "But I didn't know then that every time you have a concussion, you are four to six times more susceptible the next time. I had no idea the damage I was causing myself."

Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, spoke in general terms about concussions at a news conference Thursday in Miami, where the Super Bowl will be played Sunday.

"If a coach or anyone else is saying, 'You don't have a concussion, you get back in there,' you don't have to go, and you shouldn't go," Upshaw said, not speaking about Johnson's case specifically. "You know how you feel. That's what we tried to do throughout the years, is take the coach out of the decision-making. It's the medical people that have to decide."

Upshaw told the AP that concussions are one of the issues the union is examining this year.

"We've seen a number of concussions in the NFL this year, and as a result of our studies, we've seen a change in the helmet. We're also studying the effects of that on concussions," Upshaw said.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#2 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:12 PM

i see where the patriots are a completely moral-less franchise, especially by not allowing the tainer to talk, but johnson should have known better. yes i know hes bound to a contact and all, but six concussions in 2 years.... but i guess you could say that the patriots took advantage of johnson as his health deteriorated.

#3 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

Wow, that's terrible for Johnson, I hope he gets better. But that goes again to show what an ass Belibitch is. The media is finally opening its eyes.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#4 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Johnson was also on steroids. Even the pats fans here in Boston admits to that. No way someone's neck could get this big and veins popping out of it. Bellichump + steroids = Depression.

#5 User is offline   VilmaBrit Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

It was dumb of Johnson not to report those other concussions, but it sounds like he was scared/presssured into it by Belichick. You can understand him wanting to keep his job, and when a coach basically calls you a pu$$y for not takin part in a full-contact drill, you wanna prove him wrong. Belichick should've known better than to risk a man (not just a player!) so soon after a head injury...what a d*ckhole...

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (green_blood @ Feb 2 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see where the patriots are a completely moral-less franchise, especially by not allowing the tainer to talk, but johnson should have known better. yes i know hes bound to a contact and all, but six concussions in 2 years.... but i guess you could say that the patriots took advantage of johnson as his health deteriorated.

iagree.gif It was wrong for the Pats to play him through those concussions but if Johnson should have said he shouldn't play to Belichick as that is a heck of a lot of concussions in two years. I feel bad for Johnson but he is partly to blame here for going out and risking his health although it is pretty brave to do what he did. Both sides did the wrong thing here.

#7 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

that just messed up

#8 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

Despite his limitations, that was one thing I can respect about Herm. Say what you want but he cared about the players health and he wouldn't let Wayne Chrebet continue playing. It really shows the difference between the kind of guy Belichick is and any caring human being. It's quite disturbing actually. Win at all costs.... and this guy is the best "coach" ever? I don't know about that.

#9 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Feb 2 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Despite his limitations, that was one thing I can respect about Herm. Say what you want but he cared about the players health and he wouldn't let Wayne Chrebet continue playing. It really shows the difference between the kind of guy Belichick is and any caring human being. It's quite disturbing actually. Win at all costs.... and this guy is the best "coach" ever? I don't know about that.

i dont know we are talking about a 34 year old washed up roid head...im just not sure even belicheck would "force" a guy to practice with concussion status and purposely "ruin his brain and life". I know belicheck is an ass and we all have a vendetta against him for bailin on us after a day and how much he wins, but I dont know that he would put anyone in that position. I mean he seems to be somewhat a family guy celebrating with his fam after games showing he has some feelings and isnt just some goon....i just dont know about this it seems like a little bit of digging deep for a story to me..

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#10 User is offline   VilmaBrit Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Feb 2 2007, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont know we are talking about a 34 year old washed up roid head...im just not sure even belicheck would "force" a guy to practice with concussion status and purposely "ruin his brain and life". I know belicheck is an ass and we all have a vendetta against him for bailin on us after a day and how much he wins, but I dont know that he would put anyone in that position. I mean he seems to be somewhat a family guy celebrating with his fam after games showing he has some feelings and isnt just some goon....i just dont know about this it seems like a little bit of digging deep for a story to me..

The story did say that the Pats were refusing to comment. "No comment" might not necessarily mean that they're hiding anythin but if they were totally innocent they'd probably wanna say somethin in their defence

#11 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

It is all over sportscenter and the news tonite. The new NFL comish didn't seem like he'll protect Bellchump on this one.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#12 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Feb 2 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really want to agree with oyu about Herm .. because as time goes by I have less anger about the way he left and more respect for the way he treated his players

but I can think of 2 names off the top of my head

1 - Curtis .. I knew when Curt was tackled in that miami game that something was terribly wrong .. Herm should have known it and acted on it immediatly .. he didnt and the situation got worse and probably ended Curtis' career .. I know getting Curtis to sit is damned near impossible .. but he was the coach and should have impossed his will .. specially considering the leaky sive(sp?) of an offensive line we had that year

2- Chad .. he also played beyond what his injury should have allowed .. both times leading up to his post season surgery

Herm was/is a good man .. but I dont think he should be in charge of a football team by any means

as for Bellidick .. is ANYBODY really surprised by the amount of an asshole he is at this point?

#13 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (CrazyHorseDave @ Feb 2 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want to agree with oyu about Herm .. because as time goes by I have less anger about the way he left and more respect for the way he treated his players

but I can think of 2 names off the top of my head

1 - Curtis .. I knew when Curt was tackled in that miami game that something was terribly wrong .. Herm should have known it and acted on it immediatly .. he didnt and the situation got worse and probably ended Curtis' career .. I know getting Curtis to sit is damned near impossible .. but he was the coach and should have impossed his will .. specially considering the leaky sive(sp?) of an offensive line we had that year

2- Chad .. he also played beyond what his injury should have allowed .. both times leading up to his post season surgery

Herm was/is a good man .. but I dont think he should be in charge of a football team by any means
as for Bellidick .. is ANYBODY really surprised by the amount of an asshole he is at this point?

I agree with everything you said.

#14 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

It seems that some of that shine is wearing off Bellicheck. All the dumb things he's done seem to be coming out. He's starting to be viewed as a bad guy in some circles. That makes me wonder how long he still has to coach.

Thanks for the Memories

#15 User is offline   blk_orion Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Fatman @ Feb 2 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems that some of that shine is wearing off Bellicheck. All the dumb things he's done seem to be coming out. He's starting to be viewed as a bad guy in some circles. That makes me wonder how long he still has to coach.

I'm beginning to think all the shine are coming off bc of the coaches he lost in the last 2 years. As it go on, you'll be hearing more of his bs coming out. This is the end of a dynasty once you hear about these stuffs.

#16 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

~Beliprick

#17 User is offline   MrGreenJeans Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon