NYJetsFan.com Forums: Need Quick Help - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need Quick Help Cadillac is hurt

#1 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here. This is my weakest position.

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long. Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion? I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7. The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7. Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right? With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have? If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster. Who do I drop for Pittman? Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week? I am not good at trading. I've never done it. I usually just look at the waiver wire. What should I look for in trading? Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up.

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

#2 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (tallman6ft10 @ Oct 4 2005, 08:50 PM)
I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here.  This is my weakest position. 

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long.  Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion?  I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7.  The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7.  Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right?  With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have?  If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster.  Who do I drop for Pittman?  Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week?  I am not good at trading.  I've never done it.  I usually just look at the waiver wire.  What should I look for in trading?  Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up. 

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

Chris Brown is actually a pretty good start this week. He is the only RB that Tenn can trust to carry the ball with Henry out, and at Hou (even though it is a road game) is a good match up. Tennesse could jump on them quick and Brown might get a lot of carries running time off the clock, so stick with that.

I know Culpepper is disappointing right now, but with Moore in the backfield they have an actual threat and they are working on fixing the offense, so it is hard to count him out. Eventually he will break back out, and he is just one of those guys you have to ride through the bad times with. Unless you can get an elite receiver or #2 RB in exchange, and can then pick up a QB in FA, don't do it.

Williams should be back sooner than latter. He is young and tough, so I don't see him missing any time after the bye.

Hope that helps some.

#3 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

Thanks a1elbow (how'd you get that name?). Your post was very helpful.

Just so you know though, I wasn't ready to give up on Culpepper. What I was thinking was maybe packaging Griese and Dillion for a good QB and an average RB. This would be because of the need for a QB and because of the week 7 bye week problem with Dillon and Williams out the same week.

Maybe I should I just play C. Brown on week 7 and forget about it?

Here is what is out there.

I don't think these guys will trade since their #2 QB stinks.
McNabb/ Orton Need RBs
Roethlisberger/ Losman RBs ok (mine are better)
Bulger/ Pennington?? RBs ok
P. Manning/ Carr Need RBs
Collins/ Brooks RBs good (better than mine)

Possibility for trade
Brady/ Bledsoe RBs W. Parker/ T.J. Duckett/ Portis (don't know if I want those RBs might have to offer less than Dillion)
Brees/ McNair/ R.Johnson/ P. Holmes/ F. Taylor (what do you think here?)
C. Palmer/ T. Green/ Dunn/ McAllister/ Crockett (I don't think he will part with Palmer and the only problem with Green is that then I end up with two good cold QBs)
E. Manning/ M. Vick/ B. Leftwich/ JJ. Arrington/ L. Suggs/ L. Johnson/ W. McGahee (how does Manning/ McGahee for Griese/ Dillon sound?)
Hasselbeck/ Plummer/ Westbrook/ Staley/ M. Moore (is Hasselbeck all that much better than what I have?)
B. Favre/ J. Delhomme/ G. Frerotte/ Tomlinson/ James/ Barlow His RBs are better than mine. Forget that.

For example-- if I did the E. Manning trade, I would have E. Manning, Culpepper, T. Barber, C. Brown, C. Williams, and W. McGahee. Does that improve my team for Griese/ Culpepper, Barber, Brown, Williams, and Dillion?

#4 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:33 AM

Right now, Manning/McGahee are both better than Griese/Dillion. Dillion hasn't done much this year and Manning is leading the highest scoring team in the league, so that one is out.

I would suggest staying pat at back up QB and waiting to see what creeps up on the FA market. Griese has hit some long TDs so far and if you get decent bonuses for TD length is a decent backup.

If you really want to upgrade, I would suggest trying for McNair/Taylor or Green/Dunn. Manning and McGahee are both performing better than your two guys. I don't think Hasselback, Vick, Delhomme, or Leftwich are significant upgrades to Griese...or at least not enough to warrant downgrading from Dillion to whatever you would get inexchange.

I don't know what your record is and the quality of the team you are playing is, but I would say hold onto those guys unless you get a really good deal. Green/Dunn could be a possibility and I actual really like it . Dunn is a stud who has been great so far (but usually misses a couple games) and Green isn't the type of fantasy QB to be in a slump for more than a week or two, tops.

The other choices there I just see as being hard for you to pull off, but offer the trades that work out best for you and see what happens. You never know.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users