NYJetsFan.com Forums: Good Things - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Good Things

#81 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:35 PM

uuummm...JetsOn......QUIT IT!!!

You're still fighting with yourself!
Posted Image

#82 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

Before I go just wanted to point out how you left out the part that says Belichick is still there, he is more important than the coordinators so he will keep them from collapsing into a 6-10 team. And I would not be shocked to see them atop the AFC again. Yes the team has changed my point was that Belichick will keep them a contender. Once again both of us are stating opinions. Not facts. The season is coming. Time will tell. Go Jets. I'm out.

#83 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

Why dont you try to mind your own business? I have nothing to say to you Miami. And your real cute to purposely misspell my ID. You are real cool bud.
I already explained what my purpose was and you have no say in anything.

#84 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

Ok, glad I'm cute, but how did I mispell your name? I actually tried to get it right. Or is that a zero? In which case I don't understand your name at all?

This forum is for all of us! It is public right? Well then I do have a say in it, if you wanted a personal *beep*-fight with nightowl pm him, if not, I'm going to give my two cents....it's my opinion! I suggest you learn what that is!
Posted Image

#85 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

Lowercase j and a zero not an "O".

#86 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jul 15 2005, 05:19 PM)
Ok, glad I'm cute, but how did I mispell your name?  I actually tried to get it right.  Or is that a zero?  In which case I don't understand your name at all?

This forum is for all of us!  It is public right?  Well then I do have a say in it, if you wanted a personal *beep*-fight with nightowl pm him, if not, I'm going to give my two cents....it's my opinion!  I suggest you learn what that is!

Very true about a public forum. Wonderful I am glad, then have an opinion on the topic at hand and not on my personality problems. Comment on whether Coaching is important and whether or not losing 2 coordinators will hurt the Patriots. And dont call me names or it will get ugly.

#87 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

i still don't understand your name?

And you own the name-calling record.

And with that I'm done with this topic, have fun with yourself jets0n
Posted Image

#88 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

Well I dont know what to tell you.

#89 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jul 15 2005, 05:25 PM)
i still don't understand your name?
And you own the name-calling record.
And with that I'm done with this topic, have fun with yourself jets0n

Real cool bud. Thanks for being so cool, I bet you really scored points with everyone showing how cool you are. You can be a little pissy girl because I refused to aknowledge you as a participant in what is being said here. I dont mind.

#90 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

I still dont understand how coaching is important, yet since Belichick [ owning 5 rings ] is the exception to the rule. Last time I checked there was a coaching staff and OC and DC's. Each is responsible for their side of the football. Offensive Coordinator runs the offense and Defensive Coordinator runs the defense. That's how it works. Sorry to dissapoint, but Belichick doesnt call the offense regardless of how much you are in love with him. Otherwise he would be like Brian Billick and wouldn't have hired an OC at all. But Billick obviously knows that you can't do both successfully which is why he hired Fasell as an OC to run the offense.

Now I did say that occasionally Head Coaches will veto what a Coordinator is doing, but that doesn't mean they are running the offense. So losing Coordinators on both sides of the ball WILL have an effect on a team.

Hence, that's why we went from horrible on defense to great on defense in 1 season after hiring Donnie Henderson. That's why we are expecting to go from inept on offense to great and explosive in the hiring of Dinger.

I can't believe I had to explain this so many times.

#91 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:22 PM

By the way, if this was only about one man stating his opinion then why were mine and others opinions attacked? Go to page 1 that's where this all started. I was told my posts weren't rational. So in actuality, when they got proved wrong they turned it on me and said I was forcing my opinion on them, which wouldn't have happened if I wasn't spoken of this way:

QUOTE (nightowl)
Make a rational point and I'll respond in a rational manner. But it's not a one way street.

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen)
Its post like that, that make people on this site look dumb

So let me ask you, who was being attacked for their opinion? All I did was defend myself with logical questions and once they figured out that I had made them look like a fool on losing 1 player rather than losing coordinators then they wouldn't answer my questions anymore. Then I was told I need "anger management" and that I am forcing my opinions on people when I was merely defending myself for being called stupid and irrational. So incase people like HurricaneJet32 want to jump into something and start pointing fingers when they dont know they situation I have outlined it completely. That's all ... I am done with this.

#92 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

Holy cow jets0n (I.m scared to spell it wrong now) I haven't seen you this wound up since...well, since I first got on the board and did it. I'm always nervous when I get on after not being on for a day and their is a 3+ page thread, I should learn to just skip them.

Well, well...all right. NE lost their coordinators, both talented guys that were arguably the best at their position. Anyone that comes in to fill in for someone that is one of the very best at what they do is going to be a downgrade, at least to some extent. Still (and if someone has said this, forgive me, because I skimmed after mouthes started frothing over), Eric Mangini is a hot coaching prospect that teams have showed a real interest in over the last few years. Can he replace Crennel? Probably not, and certainly not right away.

Now, I don't really get what is going on with the OC...why exactly that isn't getting addressed and what exactly Belichick will be doing offensivly. So to me, yes, that is an area of concern. But, I don't think there are many teams in the league (history) with an offense that has won three Super Bowls, and I can't ignore any offense with two HoF players and a SB MVP on it.

So to sum it up, the NE Patriots have suffered two (potentially three) big hits this offseason. Weis left, Crennel left, and Bruschi may miss the season. As I already said, Mangini should keep the defense from dropping off (especially still having some very nice talent in it).
To me, the Patriots are going to drop off some, it is hard to imagine them not, but what is a realistic fall? They still have talent all around, a coach who (whatever anyone says) has taken three teams to the promised land, and have all that experience spread around. I've said this time and time again, the Patriots are still a solid contender for the playoffs, and a team with this much playoff experience and tested players is doubly dangerous come the postseason. As far as I'm concerned, the Patriots have to be exposed thourghly and fully before I am ready to discount them.

#93 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

LOL ... please dont tell me it was over Mike Vick that you last saw me riled up cause that is a sore subject as well. All I want is for people to give credit where credit is due, and it's not fair that Romeo and Charlie get looked at by some as pawns to Belichick when they are the ones that made HIM famous not the other way around. That's all. I agree though I did get really heated but only after others on this board as well as myself ( notice how I mentioned others first ) were critisized for thinking anything bad about the Pats. I am sick of hearing about them and as a FOOTBALL fan I see the Pats in trouble, not as a Jets fan. But yeah I sure was pissed about it and sort of still am which is why I am on here at 1:37AM.

I guess I got carried away at being called irrational and illogical and stupid from people who aren't even involved in 3/4 of what goes on here on NYJetsFan.com.

By the way, dont read this the wrong way, I am in NO WAY apologizing to anyone. Those guys know shit about football and I intended to prove it by pressing them for a response which they continually dodged by resorting to name calling. I know I told them they were stupid but atleast I gave them a way to prove why they weren't and they wouldn't. All they told me was I was stupid and needed anger management. What kind of football talk is that? I just wasn't gonna let them off until they proved that they contradicted themselves especially after insulting me and Herminator and Loco.

You know what I am talking about a1elbow.

#94 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 16 2005, 02:23 AM)
LOL ... please dont tell me it was over Mike Vick that you last saw me riled up cause that is a sore subject as well. All I want is for people to give credit where credit is due, and it's not fair that Romeo and Charlie get looked at by some as pawns to Belichick when they are the ones that made HIM famous not the other way around. That's all. I agree though I did get really heated but only after others on this board as well as myself ( notice how I mentioned others first ) were critisized for thinking anything bad about the Pats. I am sick of hearing about them and as a FOOTBALL fan I see the Pats in trouble, not as a Jets fan. But yeah I sure was pissed about it and sort of still am which is why I am on here at 1:37AM.

I guess I got carried away at being called irrational and illogical and stupid from people who aren't even involved in 3/4 of what goes on here on NYJetsFan.com.

By the way, dont read this the wrong way, I am in NO WAY apologizing to anyone. Those guys know shit about football and I intended to prove it by pressing them for a response which they continually dodged by resorting to name calling. I know I told them they were stupid but atleast I gave them a way to prove why they weren't and they wouldn't. All they told me was I was stupid and needed anger management. What kind of football talk is that? I just wasn't gonna let them off until they proved that they contradicted themselves especially after insulting me and Herminator and Loco.

This is the most bizarre thread I've ever seen. You just can't leave it alone. Here you are back again in the middle of the night still repeating your mantra over and over and over and over and aiming more vitriol my way. There's obviously something about Belichick, me or both that really sets you off to continue this long. Do you really expect to "convert" me to your way of thinking somehow? How could you possibly think that? You lost me somewhere around the time you started calling me lots of not so nice names simply because I happen to disagree with you. Well in a public forum that's just too bad. Football is a passion for me as well as you but I know where to draw the line, say we agree to disagree and move on. Everyone else has also been trying to tell you that this thread should have been over about 40 posts ago. Your response? You turned on your own fellow Jets fans and started calling them all names as well. What did you think you could possibly gain from all of this? This is supposed to be just a FUN DIVERSION where football fans can exchange ideas--everyone's ideas. Is that not the point? Here's a solution--just put me on ignore and I can't bother you and we'll both be happy. Fair enough?
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#95 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

Not an option. I gave you the solution already, watch how you talk to people on here otherwise this will be a common occurrence. Dont critisize my posts or others on here and I wont vehemently set out to make you look like a little school girl when it comes to football. End of story. wink.gif

#96 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:03 AM

guys this is now the premier board going! Do we need these kind of battles? I suggest that you both go private and argue there. There is room for a difference of opinion on this board in my opinion. There is also room for civility and respect for each other's right to an opinion without rancor!
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

#97 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 16 2005, 10:04 AM)
Not an option. I gave you the solution already, watch how you talk to people on here otherwise this will be a common occurrence. Dont critisize my posts or others on here and I wont vehemently set out to make you look like a little school girl when it comes to football. End of story. wink.gif

I tried. focus.gif
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#98 User is offline   Green Brother Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

I am here now, you may continue.

#99 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 16 2005, 12:23 AM)

Having been on the other side of the fence with you several times (although I doubt it was about Vick, I'm usually pretty down on him too), I do know what you are talking about.

Really though, I think you and Nightowl are two of the more knowledgeable members on the site and your not as far apart on this argument as it seems. Early bad blood probably kept you guys from seeing seach other's points at the start.

Gentlemen. hi.gif

#100 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (nightowl @ Jul 15 2005, 01:14 PM)
I could defend this post but instead I'll just say you're absolutely right. No doubt about it. The Patriots are in total disarray and Belichick cries in his office every night because Charlie knew where to get really good pizza. The pressure of Super Bowls was nothing compared to Brady's calling a few audibles this year and he'll suffer a nervous breakdown right on the field. Bruschi is absolutely gone for the season.  All of the workouts, running and classroom work he's doing are nothing more than a smokescreen. Belichick has been living a lie all of these years as well. He has never drawn up a game plan or actually overruled Charlie Weis on a playcall and will be exposed as a coaching "lightweight". The stories Roger Staubach has told of an 11 year old Belichick studying film for him at Navy looking for opposition tendencies--all lies. All of this makes the Jets now a prohibitive favorite to go to Detroit.  Now can I be an honorary Jets fan?

Finally a Pats fan that talks some sense ..of corse you can be a Jets fan .. we'll even help you burn all that pesky Patsies stuff you've got hanging around :toungue:

seriously though I'm gonna lock this topic before it gets any worse .. although it seems to have died down a bit

Im not choosing sides or saying who is right or wrong .. because after page 3 of this topic my head felt like it was gonna explode and Ive just skipped to the end

Id like to see us keep arguments on the subject of football and not go after each other personally .. hey nobody hates the pats more than me .. but as memebrs of a FOOTBALL ALLIANCE nyjetsfan.com members should know that fans of all teams are welcome here .. and there will be PLENTY as the season starts .. we had them last year and aside from the steelers crew we managed to have a pretty good time of it .. lets try to keep it sociable in here

thanks

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users