NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: Team Likely To Make Best Offer For Johan Santana - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ot: Team Likely To Make Best Offer For Johan Santana since the jets suck, who gets the best pitcher in the game?

Poll: Team likely to make best offer to Santana (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Team likely to make best offer to Santana

1. New York Yankees (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. New York Mets (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Boston Red Sox (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Los Angeles Dodgers (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

5. Minnesota Twins (stays) (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Edit icon Edit this poll

#61 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Nov 29 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Josh Beckett = Best pitcher in baseball. It's what have you done for me lately and Beckett did it all season long.

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 29 2007, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, and that 0.06 ERA difference really is much. It's still his worse season, and im 99.9% sure that Johan Santana will end up having a better season then Beckett will next season.

QUOTE (jets0n @ Nov 29 2007, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the good thing about being a Tankees fan is you can always dream.... hysterical.gif

Well Ill take Santana over Beckett anyday of the week. Looking at records doesnt tell the whole story, anyone whos seen both of them bitch can tell you that Santana is FAR more dominant than Beckett is.
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

I havent read through all the posts but here are the facts. The Yankees farm system is absolutely jacked and the Mets farm system cant even compare to it. But the Yankees top prospects like Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy are all being considered untouchable. I doubt they'll be able to land them if they dont offer either Hughes or Joba. The Red Sox farm system is pretty jacked too and I think theyll be willing to part with one of their top prospects. The Mets dont have an awesome farm system like the Yanks and Sahx do but if theyre not willing to part with their untouchables, then a deal like Reyes, Humber and Martinez might be able to get it done and bring Santana to Queens. I hope the Yankees or Sox get him though.
Posted Image

#63 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (JettingAwayAC @ Nov 30 2007, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I havent read through all the posts but here are the facts. The Yankees farm system is absolutely jacked and the Mets farm system cant even compare to it. But the Yankees top prospects like Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy are all being considered untouchable. I doubt they'll be able to land them if they dont offer either Hughes or Joba. The Red Sox farm system is pretty jacked too and I think theyll be willing to part with one of their top prospects. The Mets dont have an awesome farm system like the Yanks and Sahx do but if theyre not willing to part with their untouchables, then a deal like Reyes, Humber and Martinez might be able to get it done and bring Santana to Queens. I hope the Yankees or Sox get him though.

Actually Chamberlain has been announced untouchable, and Hughes can go, but it doesn't look like the Yankees want to trade him for Johan Santana. While Kennedy on the other hand could go, it's just the Twins want Hughes, and the Yankees wont budge, and only have Kennedy, Melky, and either Horne, or Jackson on it without Hughes.

Personally if the Yankees don't get him, I hope a National League team gets him, so either the Mets, or Dodgers. I also want Hughes just as untouchable as Chamberlain, because Hughes will be the better pitcher between the two.

#64 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 30 2007, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually Chamberlain has been announced untouchable, and Hughes can go, but it doesn't look like the Yankees want to trade him for Johan Santana. While Kennedy on the other hand could go, it's just the Twins want Hughes, and the Yankees wont budge, and only have Kennedy, Melky, and either Horne, or Jackson on it without Hughes.

Personally if the Yankees don't get him, I hope a National League team gets him, so either the Mets, or Dodgers. I also want Hughes just as untouchable as Chamberlain, because Hughes will be the better pitcher between the two.

Yeah I like both Hughes and Joba but I definitely think Hughes will be the better of the two. Kennedy is the worst of the three but still very good. However while good, I have to think the Yankees rotation will be Wang, Moose, Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy. And as good as they all may be, no lefties is not a good thing. They need to launch one of those three youngins to Minnesota and nab Santana. Then they'd have without question the best rotation in baseball.
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 28 2007, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I had to absolutely choose between Hughes, and Chamberlain, i'd choose Hughes only because we know he'll be awesome as a starter as soon as he gets his Change ready for the majors. It better not be Hughes in this trade, if they want Hughes they can go to hell, it's either Kennedy, or drop dead.

I dunno man, Hughes looked good, but Joba looks like he can be amazing...hall of fame amazing. When you can throw 98 miles an hr, and then have a 95 mph splitter, plus a disgusting change-up, I think you're ok...especially at 20 somethin yrs old. Hughes looks like he could be real nice also, but I'd take Johan over him anyday.

Let's forget what happened to Joba in Cleveland...he's the only untouchable prospect on the Yanks at this point.

#66 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Swissle @ Nov 30 2007, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno man, Hughes looked good, but Joba looks like he can be amazing...hall of fame amazing. When you can throw 98 miles an hr, and then have a 95 mph splitter, plus a disgusting change-up, I think you're ok...especially at 20 somethin yrs old. Hughes looks like he could be real nice also, but I'd take Johan over him anyday.

Let's forget what happened to Joba in Cleveland...he's the only untouchable prospect on the Yanks at this point.

Well Chamberlain only pitched 2 innings at most in a game, Hughes has started games, and had similar stats to what Roger Clemens, and Randy Johnson had in their first major league season. Phil Hughes is going to be as good as someone like Scott Kazmir, or Erik Bedard. Joba Chamberlain I honestly see if he's at his best he can be a lot like Johan Santana. We haven't seen Chamberlain start though, I think he'll be a good starter, but you still never know. Phil Hughes in my opinion will definatly be better then Chamberlain though.

#67 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (JettingAwayAC @ Nov 30 2007, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I like both Hughes and Joba but I definitely think Hughes will be the better of the two. Kennedy is the worst of the three but still very good. However while good, I have to think the Yankees rotation will be Wang, Moose, Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy. And as good as they all may be, no lefties is not a good thing. They need to launch one of those three youngins to Minnesota and nab Santana. Then they'd have without question the best rotation in baseball.

Yeah, Kennedy is the worst of the big three, but that really isin't saying much, he's still better than the Red Sox's 2nd pitching prospect, Jon Lester. Thats really how good this Yankees farm system is. We've got 3 amazing pitching prospects, but we still have more that are younger like Dellin Betances, who will be very good.

#68 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

I think Hughes is going to be the best out of all of them. I wouldnt bet everything on Chamberlin, he isnt tested as a SP for the MLB yet, and wasnt he injury prone??? Hughes is nasty too. Both should be untradeable, Hughes is like 2 to 3 years younger than Chamberlin also.
The Yankees put a offer out for Santana, this is as far as I would go with the Twins. This is enough for Santana IMO.
Kennedy, Melky, Tabata. That blows away the Red Sox offer, Kennedy>Lester Melky>Crisp. And Idk about the other guy. But Tabata is a good ass prospect. If they dont accept that and want Hughes, I would say screw it! Hughes is too good to let go, I see Hughes being a big time player one day, hes only 20 yrs old, you dont let a guy with that much talent at that age go, not even for Santana. Chamberlin and Hughes=Untradeable IMO Kennedy is a going to be a awesome pitcher, and Melky is a future gold glover and he is a switch hitter. Tabata is only like 19 yrs old and should become a great hitter. I would think this should be a more than fair offer. They are getting young players too, Kennedy=22 Melky=23 Tabata=19 Then we get Santana=29
Posted Image

#69 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

The problem really isin't us, the problem is Minnesota and Boston, we all know that the only reason Boston was even in this was to make our offer as high as possible, and possibly trade Hughes, and lose him, because it seems that Boston is afraid of Hughes. Lately i've heard Minnesota wanting Hughes, and Kennedy together in a deal for Santana. The Yankees should know better, and i'm sure they do. Don't trade a 21, and 22 year old future stud pitchers, for a 29 year old stud pitcher.

What I would offer if I were the Yankees hasn't really changed much. Kennedy, Melky, Jackson, Horne is my offer now. If they want Tabata more then they want Jackson, then go ahead and take him instead. I see nothing wrong with that offer above. Twins should just take our offer, or shove it, because the Yankees shouldn't go any higher then what I posted.

#70 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

Caution: Delusional Yankees fans dreaming of success

#71 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Nov 30 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Caution: Delusional Yankees fans dreaming of success

Its only a matter of time before they win #27. Their pitching staff right now is scary good, but they need a lefty. They get Santana theres no doubt in my mind theyre the favorite for the World Series.
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

I saw just now the A's put Dan Haren on the trade block. I'd be happy with either but if by some miracle we were able to get Haren and Santana I'd be ecstatic....(oh fvck you I can dream cool2.gif )
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Wow Santana, Haren, Wang WOW!! We would win the WS defintely. Especially with the Yanks high powered offense and a manager that will play small ball to win a game. Joe Girardi will be a big factor, I heard a lot of good things about him, he is going to be a good one.
Posted Image

#74 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

I heard Posada said that Pettitte is leaning towards retirement, basically if the Yankees can get Santana, he will come back. But if they dont I dont think he thinks its worth it to come back. Even though he has another year in him, he had a good year last year. we could use him, he dominated in the playoffs. He shutted the Indians out for 7 innings. Santana, Wang, Pettitte, Hughes, Chamberlin would be our best pitching rotation. Right now its Wang, Hughes, Chamberlin, Mussina, Kennedy. Thats alright nothing special, I dont like Mussina, he stinks. Hes washed up. And we cant rely on 3 rookie pitchers to do anything. Wang is the only sure thing in the rotation.
Posted Image

#75 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

The Mets should not even bothe rand go hard after Haren before the loser of the Santana sweepstakes does the same.

Hey this is a Jets site - Come back over to New York Fanatic and chat over there. diespam.gif

If you forgot the way...

New York Fanatic Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users