NYJetsFan.com Forums: This Topic For Only Reg's Read No One Elses - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

This Topic For Only Reg's Read No One Elses Please no comments from the other members *mods only comments*

#21 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

Vilma51, I think your attempt to make things cool is an admirable one. I Have noticed you've tried to improve and that's great. I think this was a good move on your part. I myself have had a recent problem with a bully member who I've been advised by several members with knowledge of him that he is just an angry drunk, however like Reg I believe everyone deserves a second chance, so I didn't ban him. Having said that, Reg is a founding member of the first site, and Ron made him a Mod because the guy is very respected and totaly loyal to the site. I think with this post you guys can bury the hatchet and move on. Good move Vilma51. drinks.gif
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#22 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

The only problem I have with you Vilma is that your posts are barely understandable. Spelling errors, no puctuation, etc. I don't recall what you and reg are fighting about. You may actually have some good points in your posts, but I skip right by them because i can't understand you.

And reg is right. There are a few people on this site that want others banned because they have a difference of opinion. That is not a reason to ban someone. For instance, Sdubbs and I disagree on most things. But I respect his opinion and he respects mine. We can argue all we want, but it nver turns personal. Some of you make threats, call each other names and the like.

I'm not saying that you have to take crap if someone personally attacks you. But disagreeing with your point of view is not a personal attack and not a reason to threaten someone.

There are several members on here I don't like. I don't agree with their opinion and I don't agree with how they deliver it. I ignore them. That is what adults do. That's what some of you need to do

#23 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ Jan 22 2006, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vilma51, I think your attempt to make things cool is an admirable one. I Have noticed you've tried to improve and that's great. I think this was a good move on your part. I myself have had a recent problem with a bully member who I've been advised by several members with knowledge of him that he is just an angry drunk, however like Reg I believe everyone deserves a second chance, so I didn't ban him. Having said that, Reg is a founding member of the first site, and Ron made him a Mod because the guy is very respected and totaly loyal to the site. I think with this post you guys can bury the hatchet and move on. Good move Vilma51. drinks.gif

I have noting but the most respect for you Bluelinecop. That never changed drinks.gif

And Vinny thanks for making some nice points. I for one am the worst speller on this site. I know how to spell, But i'm allways in a rush to catch up with you guys that i make alot of misspelling and errors.

But one question guys? How come theres no Spell checker on the POST Opitons and there is on the Quick Post opitions for???? i think if you guys had that up. At least i would be alittle more understanding around here. I'm seriously just reading my posts from the past and i can't even understand myself guys lol. But i belive i have the same thought in mind of football as you guys. I know i have the same opinons in football as Dubb. Ifell like i'm his brother or something but thats only my fellings lol

But yeah can we put Spell check on the Post Options??? is there a way?
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#24 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Vilma#51 @ Jan 23 2006, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure but if you go to google.com you can download the "googlebar" which has a very handy spell checker. cool2.gif I use it myself sometimes.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."

#25 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Vilma#51 @ Jan 22 2006, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noting but the most respect for you Bluelinecop. That never changed drinks.gif
And Vinny thanks for making some nice points. I for one am the worst speller on this site. I know how to spell, But i'm allways in a rush to catch up with you guys that i make alot of misspelling and errors.
But one question guys? How come theres no Spell checker on the POST Opitons and there is on the Quick Post opitions for???? i think if you guys had that up. At least i would be alittle more understanding around here. I'm seriously just reading my posts from the past and i can't even understand myself guys lol. But i belive i have the same thought in mind of football as you guys. I know i have the same opinons in football as Dubb. Ifell like i'm his brother or something but thats only my fellings lol

I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not a very big fan of you Vilma 51...I hate how one someone disagrees with you, you just curse them out and threaten to killl them and their whole family. I find that ever so slightly pathetic, especially over the internet. I hope you change...

One question though, answer honestly...how old are you and where are you from? Because I, like many others, can't understand your posts and simply can't understand how you could be as old as you say you are, or English isn't your first language. I can't respect you until you answer this question honestly...I just don't see a need to lie about it.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   GreenDude Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:04 AM

Vilma#51,

It must be hard going through the puberty period alone, everyone hurts your feelings, no one likes you...
I know how it is, my son was going through the same few years back, I understand.

I have a few words of advice to you
First, grow a di@# ! and "Man-up" !
Second, there will always be someone who will disagree with you, that's the way it is in adult world, get used to it.
You cannot control people's reaction to you
what you can control is your reaction to what they say or do
concentrate on that, it will show that you are in control of your feeling and actions not them...

good luck
Bad day of football beats a good day at the office

#27 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (GreenDude @ Jan 23 2006, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vilma#51,

It must be hard going through the puberty period alone, everyone hurts your feelings, no one likes you...
I know how it is, my son was going through the same few years back, I understand.

I have a few words of advice to you
First, grow a di@# ! and "Man-up" !
Second, there will always be someone who will disagree with you, that's the way it is in adult world, get used to it.
You cannot control people's reaction to you
what you can control is your reaction to what they say or do
concentrate on that, it will show that you are in control of your feeling and actions not them...

good luck

Hey bro, chill out. It's a good thing Vilma#51 made this post. It was cool of him to make things right. I dont really talk to the guy like that but you know, he's a Jets fan (which scores points with me right off the bat drinks.gif ). He hasn't done anything to really set me off but you know, its a good thing he made the post because he's extending an apology and just wants to be cool.

I'm happy nobody dislikes me....lol, if you do, great job keeping it to yourself.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:27 PM

that just about settles that. one reason I put my age on my sig is it keeps repect in line.for me and for you.
I suggested this last year.and I still THINK it serves a good purpose. next year I'll vote vilma51 "most lives"
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#29 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Jan 23 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that just about settles that. one reason I put my age on my sig is it keeps repect in line.for me and for you.
I suggested this last year.and I still THINK it serves a good purpose. next year I'll vote vilma51 "most lives"

Did ya check out my welcome post in the Cigar Bar? spiteful.gif
But what?
"But you guys sucked."

#30 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:05 PM

I LOL'd heartily at this post.

#31 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (VinnyTheGinny @ Jan 22 2006, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only problem I have with you Vilma is that your posts are barely understandable. Spelling errors, no puctuation, etc. I don't recall what you and reg are fighting about. You may actually have some good points in your posts, but I skip right by them because i can't understand you.

And reg is right. There are a few people on this site that want others banned because they have a difference of opinion. That is not a reason to ban someone. For instance, Sdubbs and I disagree on most things. But I respect his opinion and he respects mine. We can argue all we want, but it nver turns personal. Some of you make threats, call each other names and the like.

I'm not saying that you have to take crap if someone personally attacks you. But disagreeing with your point of view is not a personal attack and not a reason to threaten someone.

There are several members on here I don't like. I don't agree with their opinion and I don't agree with how they deliver it. I ignore them. That is what adults do. That's what some of you need to do

Good post. The best thing to do when someone attacks you is to always just report it and ignore it. A mod checks in almost hourly everyday (usually a lot more), so unless you are posting after our bedtimes (which vary depending on age) the problem will get dealt with pretty quickly. I'm always amazed/depressed when I get on and there is a four page argument that ruins a thread someone made. All it takes is one side to not participate and 95% of the BS fights that happen, wouldn't.

The only ones I understand is when other teams's fans come on and try to start shit, at least there is a "defending your turf mentality" there. Even then, those should be taken to the Smackdown forum.

In reply to the idea that you type fast to keep up with people Vilma, I'd say just accept that one really well written post is worth half-a-dozen poorly done ones. I don't pay attention to people who don't at least make an effort to keep their posts readable, it just isn't worth my time trying to dechipher so many posts. The less someone has to post to back up their opinon, the more impressive it usually is.

When I see a dozen two sentance posts, I'm less impressed than a well worded, two paragraph one. maybe that is just me, but usually you can imagine what your argument lacks and address it then, rather than after someone has pointed out a supposed flaw in your logic.

I hope this doesn't come off as preachy, it seems like you are honestly trying to improve your standing in a lot of people's eyes and I wanted to offer some advice.

#32 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

OK, now that we all have this feel-good group hug thing going, it's time to retire this post before I throw up.

crazy.gif

I'm glad you guys could work this out.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users