NYJetsFan.com Forums: Chatter Continues On Tannenbaum - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chatter Continues On Tannenbaum Leberfeld

#1 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

The chatter continues on Tannenbaum
By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Jan 16, 2009

I heard Carl Banks talking today on the radio about the current . . .

"Does Mike Tannenbaum need a personnel guy to come in and help him - maybe," Banks said.

Now Banks wasn't taking a shot at Tannenbaum. He was just bringing up a theory that a lot of people seam to have, that perhaps Tannenbaum is over his head.

I don't think he is. The man has been in the league over a decade. When will the critics allow him to drop the tag of "cap guy" and respect him as a "football guy?"

It's about time for people to realize is now a bonafide football man.

You get the sense there are some personnel guys in the league who resent that Tannenbaum has a GM job and they don't. It seems like in every other issue of Pro Football Weekly, some unnamed scout or personnel director is taking a shot at Tannenbaum.

This is just jealousy at work.

And the concept that the Jets need to bring in some personnel guru to help Tannenbaum is misguided and I will tell you why.

Do people think that he is making personnel decisions on an island? He's got two very capable first lieutenants in Terry Bradway and Joey Clinkscales on the college side, and JoJo Wooden and Scott Cohen on the pro side.

And when the new coach is named, he will have another talent evaluator to lean on.

He's not sitting in his office like some kind of Hugo Chavez figure acting like a dictator and not listening to people.

It's really time for all the questions about Tannenbaum's qualifications to end.

Is he the best GM in the league? No.

#2 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

If he needs so many guys to "lean" on, then I would think that it is quite possible that the team could have used a GM with experience...

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

Well since Tannenbaum has been GM we have had very successful drafts(sans Gholston), successful trades(Jenkins), and successful free agent signings(Pace, T. Richardson, Faneca, Woody).

Aaaaaaaaannnndddd our cap has been completely under control despite all this spending. What the hell are people bitching about, honestly?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well since Tannenbaum has been GM we have had very successful drafts(sans Gholston), successful trades(Jenkins), and successful free agent signings(Pace, T. Richardson, Faneca, Woody).

Aaaaaaaaannnndddd our cap has been completely under control despite all this spending. What the hell are people bitching about, honestly?

I don't know, people just like complaining I guess. I don't think hes terrible like others think. I think hes doing a good job as GM. Sure he made a couple of mistakes but every GM has made their mistakes. But he has done more good then bad IMO.

People on here last year were saying how no FA would sign with us because of the Kendall situation and all that shit. Then we end up getting the top line FA pickups. Give me a GM that is good with numbers and is a hard negotiator with good scouts and personnel guys anyday. The way the Jets are set up Tannenbaum is not the almighty ego maniac power guy, he works with others. He believes in a group effort, not one guy demanding shit. Get a good HC that knows what he wants and it works.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   GreenRebel Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The cap may start getting out of control. This season's looking a little tight with the cap.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (GreenRebel @ Jan 17 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cap may start getting out of control. This season's looking a little tight with the cap.

We will be fine. It looks bad but numbers can be reworked and players can be cut. This is Tannenbaum's strength, the numbers. So we will be fine.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Tannenbaum is a beast as a cap guy. As far as a football guy he's yet to impress me. I remember Favre saying that he was the busiest and most hard working GM in the league when they signed him.

Every GM has people to lean on. Terry Bradway is a very good reliable source and same with Clinkscales. No GM is out there making all the calls by themselves. He's surrounded around a pretty damn good team.

No worries here. Not yet anyways.

#8 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Maybe its just me & maybe this is something I am thinking is simpler than it is, but all Tanny really has to do is push a lot of the cap money from '09 to '10 without having to worry about repercussions considering 2010 will be a free for all considering it's an uncapped year.

I'm really surprised most teams aren't going into a frenzy already with pushing contracts numbers around to shove most of the money to 2010. It's already too late for a new CBA to be put in place to place a cap on 2010. We are nowhere near as in trouble with the cap as many people think.

If I'm wrong, please someone enlighten me so that I'll know. I am serious with that too. Not being sarcastic.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Mr. T is definatley a hell of a negotiator and money worker, however we don't know how much of the player personnel was Mangini deciding who was good to pick up. Hopefully the front office will change their stance about managing player personnel when Rex gets there b/c that wasn't why the team went down the drain. It was more of the leadership part. And for me I never liked how Mangini never made 2nd half adjustments, but w/e thats all done with now... hopefully

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users