NYJetsFan.com Forums: Camp Question Marks - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) Payton is not going anywhere.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Camp Question Marks Bullock 7/01

#1 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

Bullock- NJ.com

Camp Question Marks
Posted by Bob Bullock July 01, 2008 9:57PM
Categories: News
The Jets have announced that the 2008 training camp will begin on July 24th. It should be a very interesting camp as the team will get an infusion of "new blood".

Having bolstered its defensive tackle position, the pass-rush and the offensive line, the team looks to be in pretty good shape heading into the new season. However, some questions remain, the biggest of which is at the quarterback position.

The uncertainty at that spot is the main reason most "experts" are picking the Jets to finish somewhere around the .500 mark. One ridiculous publication even has them finishing in last place behind the Dolphins. Seriously though, all the foolishness aside, the Jets do need to answer some key questions if this season is going to be a success. A success marked by making the playoffs and being a threat once there.

Kellen Clemens has the tools to make it in this league, as he displayed in spurts last season. If he can step up and be a consistent player week in and week out, there is no reason this team can't have a very successful campaign in 2008.

Another key element will be how fast the offensive line jells. Adding Alan Faneca and Damien Woody certainly increases the talent level of the line right away. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to get on the same page as a unit though.

This will not only help Clemens, but it will also allow Thomas Jones to be more of a force I believe with the veteran presence of Faneca and the further development of D'Brick and Nick Mangold, the line could become dominant as the season movon the ground.

On defense, it will be interesting to see how the addition of Kris Jenkins at defensive tackle helps the run defense. If Jenkins does his part and plugs the hole in the middle, the rest of the talent on defense will be able to take over. Calvin Pace and Vernon Gholston should be able to cause havoc rushing from the outside, while David Harris will be free to roam and crush any opposing ball carriers that sneak through. Add to that the fact that the secondary has two legitimate play-makers now in Darrelle Revis and Kerry Rhodes.

The defense certainly has the potential to make some big plays. A lot will depend on just how aggressive of a scheme Mangini allows this unit to play. Hopefully he'll start attacking EARLY and OFTEN, which is the way we ALL know this defense plays best.

There are definitely some "ifs" heading into camp, but this team has the potential to do some very good things in 2008. It will just depend on when and "IF" certain pieces fall into place.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users