NYJetsFan.com Forums: You Guys Are Going To Love..... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

You Guys Are Going To Love.....

#1 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

THIS VIDEO!

http://www.cbssports...MduYoX9nnHKVXad

I can't wait for the season to start.
Belly.gif
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#2 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ Apr 27 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THIS VIDEO!

http://www.cbssports...MduYoX9nnHKVXad

I can't wait for the season to start.
Belly.gif

Ok so now we have the best QB (that can make ALL THE ThRows) from the 2006 draft according to Jaworski...

And the Best QB from the 2009 draft (that also can make all the throws) according to Simms...

Both understand the position better then the regular analysts since they played it and played it well..

Who's better then us?

#3 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:37 PM

the day Phil Simms starts knowing what hes talking about is the day Mel Kiper becomes a genius. grimace-32.png

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

Cmon, the veterans on the board should know by now that when Clemen11 aka Besthands dislikes a player its absolute hatred and nobody can tell him otherwise ie..Chad, Coles, Sanchez, McNabb and there are others that I didn't pay attention too...that isn't my thing...

But when he is in love with a player T.O., Ocho Cinco Clemens etc. he will argue with you to the end, and until it gets ugly at times..

Must have been on the debate (as well as football team) at Red Bank Catholic..with Donnie Brown... grimace-32.png

Phil Simms knows his shit..Btw-Besthands, Nice Catch against Mannasquan breaking thier undefeated season a couple of years ago...3rd and long... 40 something yard catch...good shit

#5 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:31 AM

I like what phil and pat have to say now and I will still be interested to hear what they say from TC to the preseason also.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Well.. if we must get technical the only ones that really came out showing love for Clemens was Clark Judge and Jaws. Sanchez on the other head, people from all over the map are giving this kid his props. I never heard 1 person yet (othen then Besthands) say anything really negative about him.

The thing is we are going into training camp with good young Q.B's and a great defense to help them. Were in a good situation.

#7 User is offline   jetshenderson Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

Interesting...thanks...makes sense...all this great talk is going to drive up the contract.

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Apr 27 2009, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cmon, the veterans on the board should know by now that when Clemen11 aka Besthands dislikes a player its absolute hatred and nobody can tell him otherwise ie..Chad, Coles, Sanchez, McNabb and there are others that I didn't pay attention too...that isn't my thing...

But when he is in love with a player T.O., Ocho Cinco Clemens etc. he will argue with you to the end, and until it gets ugly at times..

Must have been on the debate (as well as football team) at Red Bank Catholic..with Donnie Brown... grimace-32.png

Phil Simms knows his shit..Btw-Besthands, Nice Catch against Mannasquan breaking thier undefeated season a couple of years ago...3rd and long... 40 something yard catch...good shit

Well thank you, im a lil scared that you know exactly who I am when I havent given out my name, I am even more impressed you know what I have done, so I will appreciate the compliment and ignore the creepiness.

And I am proud of RBC and Donnie Brown. It is a good day to be a Casey.

And look, Im not gunna try to rip down Sanchez anymore, least not before he plays a down in the nfl, because its pointless. I dont like the pick, at all, but hes now the QB of my team and I obviously want him to succeed because i want the Jets to win. I may not think he is capable of doing it but that doesnt mean im not praying and hoping that Sanchez turns out to be good, for what we paid for him i REALLY hope he does good because this will make or brake the Jets for a decade.

so as much as it hurts to see a guy I dont like leading my team, i gotta accept it cus its still my beloved team and Sanchez's success is the only thing that will make me happy because if the qb isnt successful, your team isnt winning the Super bowl.

That said, i still dont trust Phil Simms commentating, Yes he won a super bowl at qb, but everytime he opens his mouth on Sunday while analyzing the game is plain dumb. Phil Simms is not a quality commentater and as much as I respect what he did as a player, i do not respect him as an analyst. Maybe he knows the game but just cant communicate it well to other people, but w.e the reason is, he downright sux at commentating.

Therefore this was an attack on Phil Simms the COMMENTATOR, not Sanchez.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Celtic Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

I think Clemens 11 is a little jealous coz Sanchez is a good looking kid who is now a multi millionaire.

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Celtic @ Apr 27 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Clemens 11 is a little jealous coz Sanchez is a good looking kid who is now a multi millionaire.

HAHAH, yea ok, i dont even play qb, im not jelous of a guy who gets drafted and millions of dollars. good for him. If i was like that though id be jelous of most professional atheletes and thats just a sad sad existence. Im fine being me thanx.

jeez, and i thought toolcake was the most idiotic, 2nd grade level insult, well congrats u proved me wrong haha.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Celtic Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Clemens11 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAH, yea ok, i dont even play qb, im not jelous of a guy who gets drafted and millions of dollars. good for him. If i was like that though id be jelous of most professional atheletes and thats just a sad sad existence. Im fine being me thanx.

jeez, and i thought toolcake was the most idiotic, 2nd grade level insult, well congrats u proved me wrong haha.

please don't take that as an insult - I'm just s*****n with ya

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Celtic @ Apr 27 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please don't take that as an insult - I'm just s*****n with ya

lol ok buddy, u gotta understand though, with guy callin me toolcake up there kinda hard to see whos joking and whose just upset. know what i mean?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Celtic Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Clemens11 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol ok buddy, u gotta understand though, with guy callin me toolcake up there kinda hard to see whos joking and whose just upset. know what i mean?

no probs - I was a bit worried about the Sanchez trade until I found out we only really gave away a mid 2nd to move up. I was convinced we had given up our 1st next year as well. Lets see how this pans out. Hopefully our best QB drafted since O'Brien & maybe our best ever

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Celtic @ Apr 27 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no probs - I was a bit worried about the Sanchez trade until I found out we only really gave away a mid 2nd to move up. I was convinced we had given up our 1st next year as well. Lets see how this pans out. Hopefully our best QB drafted since O'Brien & maybe our best ever

Yea im hoping too bro.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Apr 27 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
playing football at rbc is the equivilant of playing tic tac toe in central park... give me a break!!! manasquan u caught a pass against manasquan?? i kno 12 year old special olympians that could catch a pass against manasquan.... and RBC honestly outside of table tennis and church prayers what has rbc ever accomplished or done in their history, i know that answer its NOTHING!!!! TOOLCAKE!!!

watchout blazers, your ignorance is showing. not surprised based on the quality of yr posts, or lack there of, that you have no concept of anything good.

And although u arent worth a response to how GREAT RBC is, im gunna throw some stuff down yr throat anyway so the people who arent from the Shore dont get the wrong idead because they listen to one thing u said.

Lets see

-Former NFL Players
-Head Coach of Temple's football team
-Donnie Brown, 1st round draft pick by a team only a few years removed from a Super Bowl
-COUNTLESS womens basketball championships including a 31-0 record in 2001 and rated by MSG the -best team in the Tri state area
-Football State titles, division titles while i was there, Parochial division titles
- A famous American Idol contestant, for multiple reasons ahah
-Dominate womens soccer and field hockey programs that win state titles year in and year out
-Baseball prospect in the Boston Red Sox organization, drafted straight out of RBC
-over 120 years of excellence in education
-the list goes on

Oh and our football team was ranked #1 in the entire Shore Conference at the end of this year.

so um, dont talk about anything you OBVIOUSLY have no clue about, and i dont like Manasquan but they have plenty of state championships throughout their history so they are more than respectable program that churned out players Like Frost who started his freshman year at OT at Rutgers and Mike Melee who started at lb at Sarycuse last year. So im not promoting Manasquan, but to say they are a bad program is more than idiotic, just look at their banner with all their football state titles and ud know that.

So yea, you have no clue what yr talkin about buddy, but nice try. Dont mess with the Caseys. So the answer is you KNOW NOTHING!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users