NYJetsFan.com Forums: Costs For New Giants And Jets Stadium Rise - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

BEARS VS PACK MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBAWLLLL WOO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:13 PM) umm ok
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:13 PM) Idzik is the man that will get this team into the SB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:14 PM) with no CBs or WRs yeah right
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:14 PM) WE HAVE WR'S WE HAVE ERIC DECKER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:15 PM) 30 million in cap room and hasn't extended contracts for young players (like wilk) and hasn't gotten us dick for CBs or WRs. tried for rod-cro and failed, settled on patterson who was an ahole and got cut. cro is helping arizone win games and we got nothing
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) 1 Wr isn't enough and decker isn't even a proven number 1. salas, nelson, kerly, and hakim are our other WRs. kerly is a better #3 slot guy and the rest are trash so far
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) patience young grasshopper
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) Idzik is the answer
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) lol i'm no longer a young grasshopper. there is a reason why older people don't come here. ron quit the jets, dubb went AWOL, crazy horse, blue line, etc all gone. all the older members just got fed up. i've ben here for 10+ years. I used to be young and hopefull like you guys, now i'm old and jaded
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) I'm 37 and I'm still here
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) patience is key
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) we are turning the corner
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) Idzik is the answer
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) Some are more patient i guess lol. in the meantime lets fire izdik and be patient with a better GM
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:22 PM) so was MT, so was herm, so was hackett, so was dinger, people always think current staff is the answer, it rarely is
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) I see through izdik BS, the way he handles our players is bad. people aren't going to want to come here. he completly fucked up the DRC thing by refusing to call him back. giants did it right and made sure he didn't leave w/o a contract. we handed him to the giants. imagine the huge help he'd be with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) take a chill pill and go drink some good bourbon and chill out
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) DRC is overrated
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) we are going to build this roster through the draft
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:24 PM) and when a player deserves a big contract Idzik will roll out the red carpet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:24 PM) in FA
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) and Wilk will not be going anywhere
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) don't sweat it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) and we will be ok
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) so he's not better then milner, walls, allem, wilson?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) either way. i'll be back on in a bit. bout to leave work and head home to watch the game. I believe in GENO!!!! (not so much in izdik)
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) IDZIK not IZDIK DAMNIT
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:30 PM) FIRE IZDICK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:41 PM) Just a little bit longer till GAMETIME!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:41 PM) J! E! T! S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 06:49 PM) WOO!
santana Icon : (Today, 06:49 PM) Seems like the fish are already having qb issues. POSTED BELOW
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) Who is going to gaurd Calvin Johnson next week?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) That will be an adventure
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) You realize I call him that purposely because I don't like him right?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) Calvin is gonna own us
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:15 PM) Milber of course
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:16 PM) Pee milber?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:17 PM) This really is a just win game considering we have Detroit, NE and denver coming up if we have any chance at the playoffs
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:17 PM) Must*
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) NE is sucking though. Det scares me
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) And chargers
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) I suspect we go 3-3 in the division. Have one loss now so that 4 losses. We need to go 3-2 against the bears, lions, chargers, pats and broncos to go 10-6
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Today, 07:27 PM) Sweeeeeet got off work in time
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Today, 07:32 PM) Yeah nice Monday night opener
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Costs For New Giants And Jets Stadium Rise

#1 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

NFL.com wire reports

NEWARK, N.J. (Jan. 26, 2007) -- The price of the new football stadium for the New York Giants and New York Jets has risen by $600 million to $1.4 billion.

"Costs continue to go up," said Alice McGillion, a spokeswoman for New Meadowlands Stadium Corp., a company that represents the team owners.

The teams awarded a contract to Swedish construction company Skanska AB, which said it had received a $998 million order to design and build the open-air stadium at the Meadowlands sports complex in East Rutherford, N.J.

"It shows the continued momentum and we are on the timeline that we need to be for a 2010 opening," McGillion said.

The teams, which announced the joint venture in 2005, originally estimated costs at about $800 million.

The stadium will seat 82,000 spectators and include 217 luxury suite boxes, Skanska spokesman Peter Gimbe said. McGillion said the number of seats could change, depending on the final design.

Skanska said that the contract, with the Meadowlands NFL Football Stadium LLC, was its largest U.S. contract yet. The company will include it in its order bookings in the first quarter.

Skanska has constructed several major stadiums in the U.S., including Reliant Stadium in Houston and Gillette Stadium in Boston. It is working on the new Yankee Stadium in New York.

"Skanska has in recent years proven itself to be among the leading sports stadium builders in the world, and has shown a great affinity and understanding of the U.S. market," said Giants president John Mara.

McGillion said the teams expect to unveil exterior plans for the stadium in late February or early March, with a ground breaking in late spring or early summer.

In December, the teams got a big boost from NFL owners, who approved a $300 million loan to help fund the stadium.

"(Skanska is) up to the challenge and will help us reach our objective of delivering a truly extraordinary facility for our fans, one that will set new standards for the NFL and indeed for stadiums around the world," Jets owner Woody Johnson said.

The project is going through the approval process with the state of New Jersey.

The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Meadowlands Commission expect a final environmental impact study of the project in February. The approval of the stadium plan could come in March.

The teams will pay $5 million annually to lease land at the Meadowlands from the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority. Once the new stadium is built, the authority will no longer collect 10 percent of gross ticket sales from games.

The state isn't paying for the stadium's construction, but will continue to pay debt on the old stadium, about $120 million.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users