NYJetsFan.com Forums: Super Bowl - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Super Bowl

#1 User is offline   GoDonTrell Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

Who is going to be the MVP?

I have to say that I was thinking for the longest time that the Colts are going to run away with this game, but as time goes by, I now actually think "Good Rex" will show up, the running game will go wild, and Urlacher will shut down the middle of the field.

What do you think?

#2 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

Peyton Manning throws 3 TD passes, 2 are going to Harrison. The other either to Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark.

Manning wins Superbowl MVP as well because the Colts are gonna tear the Bears a new.... well they'll win.

#3 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

well if 'good rex' shows up and its a possibility because the colts d isnt exactly a strong point, i think the bears will win easily, but i dont think 'good rex' will show up.

Manning will through a pick early but will excell in the pressure later, the same pressure that grossman will crumble under. Whover wins out of colts D v Bears O will win

i pick colts

#4 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

i would have to go with dallas clark the bears are gonna double harrison and maybe reggie wayne so that will leave dalls clark with some big catches in the game

#5 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (GoDonTrell @ Feb 1 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is going to be the MVP?

I have to say that I was thinking for the longest time that the Colts are going to run away with this game, but as time goes by, I now actually think "Good Rex" will show up, the running game will go wild, and Urlacher will shut down the middle of the field.

What do you think?

Thomas Jones will have a field day against the Colts run D...he's got the MVP in the bag already!

Bears- 20
Colts- 17
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#6 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (vilmatime51 @ Feb 1 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thomas Jones will have a field day against the Colts run D...he's got the MVP in the bag already!

Bears- 20
Colts- 17

the colts entered the playoffs with a bad run defense but recently they've been doing allot better in that area
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#7 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Feb 1 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the colts entered the playoffs with a bad run defense but recently they've been doing allot better in that area

it will be exposed again this weekend..trust me...

T.Jones has like 200 yds and 4 TDs in his 2 playoff games this year...he'll continue this..
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

I think Grossman has a shot if he plays well because Indy's D has been stopping the run recently and even though Jones should have a good game, if Grossman doesn't get going then they won't be able to keep up with Indy's scoring.
Manning and co. should put up at least 3 TDs and a couple of FGs as Chicago's D hasn't been anywhere near as good as it was at the start of the year, plus the Colts have a good ground game to balance out their awesome passing game.
This SB is going to be decided by the QBs IMO.

#9 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (vilmatime51 @ Feb 1 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it will be exposed again this weekend..trust me...

T.Jones has like 200 yds and 4 TDs in his 2 playoff games this year...he'll continue this..

Two words: Bob Sanders.

Ever since he came back their run defense has improved 10 fold. He's really that important to them, I don't know why a safety makes their run defense that much better, but it does. I think it's more about the DLine playing more fluidly than just him coming back but these guys know it's 1 game, 1 win, Superbowl legends. Everything that defense has is gonna be put on the line and I think Dwight Freeney is going to harrass Rex into making alot of bad plays.

After saying such, I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Sanders or Freeney win MVP after Sundays game. I'm sure it's gonna go to Manning though. He really is the MVP in the league IMO. That team would suck horrendously without him.

#10 User is offline   VilmaBrit Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

I just wanna see a good, exciting game. Colts winning would be a plus.

Colts- 34
Bears- 31

#11 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

I see this being a great game. The bears are prob my favorite afc team, but I would love to see manning win as he is one of the classiest, best players in the league. Overall, I really think the bears have a chance. Yeah the colts D is improved but johnson carried the ball only 13 times because the whole Chiefs O was off w/o a first down until the 3rd quarter. I dont see that happening again and I see a steady diet of jones and benson keeping manning off the field. If rex can complete a pass or two early to keep the D off balance watch out jones and benson will run all day. But, if the bears get behind and the game is in Rex's hands...goodnight chicago. All in all I think the bears have the traditional 2 elements to winning super bowls in the NFL, running game and defense, therefore Im going to predict a great super bowl to watch and a close one, but....

Bear 24
Colts 21

oh yeah and I bet hester and/or vasher make a play that may earn them an unexpected MVP....otherwise Im goin Jones after being the workhorse.

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#12 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

MVP Marvin Harrison, he must be really amped for the game if hes complaining about getting the ball cus this guy NEVER speaks.

Colts 34
Bears 13

Chad= Cheerleader

#13 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Rex Grossman is gonna be the Superbowl MVP.

Bears 31 Colts 17
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Feb 2 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rex Grossman is gonna be the Superbowl MVP.

Rex Grossman is gonna be the Superbowl MVP. Bears 31 Colts 17
rolleyes.gif
31-20 Colts

#15 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

colts 24
bears 21

#16 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

two options for MVP one obviously manning but one u are all not considering in probably the most deadly pass rusher in the league...if the bears fall behind early and are forced to have the human dinosaur throw all day there is no way any tackle on the bears can hang 1 on 1 with freeny...i say 3 sacks one forced fumble for a turnover and 8 tackles..those are MVP numbers...BEars better hope the can run

barbaro-24
smokey-6

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users