NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cutler Watch - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Today, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Today, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Today, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Today, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cutler Watch ***merged***re-merged**tri-merged** Mega-merged**Mc'Merged***

#101 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 20 - 9:38 am et

A league source told the Denver Post that "more than 10" teams have already contacted the Broncos about Jay Cutler's availability.

The Broncos are reportedly listening, but "remain optimistic" that Cutler will meet Josh McDaniels one-on-one and resolve their differences. We'll see how long that lasts when the trade offers start pouring in this weekend.
Source: Denver Post

Brady Quinn-QB-Browns Mar. 20 - 10:31 am et

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi is "hearing" that Brady Quinn might not be part of the Browns' future plans.

"(Quinn's) support has left the building," said Lombardi. "We used to call it sponsorship at the Raiders." By "sponsorship," Lombardi is hinting that Quinn is no longer on scholarship. Quinn hasn't necessarily done anything wrong, but he could go on the trade block if Eric Mangini isn't sold on him.
Source: Pancake Blocks

Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#102 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler
The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.

An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday.

Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would

have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal. Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.

"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.

A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.

Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks.

Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

#103 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Of course the Broncos will be saying 10 teams have inquired about him. By stating the interest in him is high, they'll drive up the compensation they'll receive for him.

Still don't see him coming to the Jets and - despite his talent - still don't see it as a worthwhile move on our part.

#104 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (CJBallar01 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler
The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.

An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday.

Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would

have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal. Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.

"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.

A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.

Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks.

Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

really thats his list? how about
eagles (mcnabb)
Cowboys (romo)
jax (gerrard)
texans (shaub) just to nake a few.

matter of fact only teams i can see making a move is jets, bucs, and niners

Get it done MT
Posted Image

#105 User is offline   GreenRebel Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

for all you who drool for Cutler:

Posted Image

#106 User is offline   harris13 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan0099' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:36 PM' post='263250']
You need a QB to win in this league!! Very hard to win without one.

i wouldnt say that,the 2000 ravens won with trent dilfer and a mediocre offense. im not saying i dont want a franchise qb in here like cutler,but it is possible to win an SB without one

#107 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Mar 19 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need a QB to win in this league!! Very hard to win without one. I would really love the fact that QB won't be a question mark here for the next 10 years.

I'll keep saying this until hes traded, he will be traded!! Its a matter of to who??

But remember last year they were reporting Favre did not want to come here and it wasn't happening, the Bucs were the favorites. The out of nowhere we land Favre. I am hoping that out of nowhere I turn on Sportscenter to find out the Jets have their new starting QB!!

We don't have ANYTHING they would want in return.

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Mar 21 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really thats his list? how about
eagles (mcnabb)
Cowboys (romo)
jax (gerrard)
texans (shaub) just to nake a few.

matter of fact only teams i can see making a move is jets, bucs, and niners

Schaub as their "franchise" QB? Uhhh, no. They would love to either have Cutler, or a chance to draft Sanchez.

#108 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 23 - 4:28 pm et

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels reportedly text messaged Jay Cutler prior to the March 22-25 Owners' Meetings, but Cutler did not respond.

Cutler has requested a trade, skipped the conditioning program, and now appears to be totally ignoring McDaniels as the coach attempts to reconcile. The Denver Post suggests that the club may step up efforts to trade Cutler if he doesn't report for mid-April mandatory minicamps. Cutler previously said he'd show for mandatory work, but may have since changed his mind.

Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#109 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (harris13 @ Mar 22 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wouldnt say that,the 2000 ravens won with trent dilfer and a mediocre offense. im not saying i dont want a franchise qb in here like cutler,but it is possible to win an SB without one

I didn't say it was impossible. You quoted me and I said "Very hard to win without one" which is absolutely true. Extremely rare to find a team winning a SB without quality play out of the QB position.

Posted Image

#110 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Mar 22 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't have ANYTHING they would want in return.

Schaub as their "franchise" QB? Uhhh, no. They would love to either have Cutler, or a chance to draft Sanchez.

Sure we do. Draft picks, don't underestimate what can happen if Cutler truly doesn't want to be there. QB is not like any other position, if you have a QB that wants out is complaining you need to trade him. You can't just keep him like a WR or something, the QB is the leader on the field and needs to be able to trust the HC and be his man.
Posted Image

#111 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

Right about now I would not get too excited about jay cutler. Denver will bend over backwards to try and keep him, the man is a franchise qb and just because we give up high draft those players may never be successful. This is going to be a long drawn out process.

Thanks for the Memories

#112 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Mar 23 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure we do. Draft picks, don't underestimate what can happen if Cutler truly doesn't want to be there. QB is not like any other position, if you have a QB that wants out is complaining you need to trade him. You can't just keep him like a WR or something, the QB is the leader on the field and needs to be able to trust the HC and be his man.

Yeah, theyll take 3 steps back by getting rid of a QB for draft picks... instead of taking 1 step back by gaining someone like Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn.

Makes perfect sense?

They want a QB in return.

#113 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Mar 23 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, theyll take 3 steps back by getting rid of a QB for draft picks... instead of taking 1 step back by gaining someone like Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn.

Makes perfect sense?

They want a QB in return.

Well I mentioned in the other thread about us being able to do a 3-way trade with the Browns. The Browns are reportedly talking about trading Brady Quinn.

Now they also are pretty much certain to be able to get Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez at their pick. So he'll have his QB to groom.

All I know is its not a good deal for the Broncos to keep a disgruntle QB. At this point he is going to hurt their team because he will never be on par with McDaniels. They absolutely have to trade him unless some how they end up resolving this. But I doubt it seeing how Cutler won't talk to McDaniels anymore. I don't blame him, he seems like a lying douchebag from the interview I saw of him.

** Also some guy posted on another board that a sports radio show in denver said that the Jets told the Broncos to call them if anyone makes a offer and that they'll beat them.
Posted Image

#114 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Mar 23 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
** Also some guy posted on another board that a sports radio show in denver said that the Jets told the Broncos to call them if anyone makes a offer and that they'll beat them.

Yeah, thats believable.

#115 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 24 - 12:20 pm et

Josh McDaniels said Tuesday that he is committed to Jay Cutler even if Cutler hasn't communicated with Broncos the before the NFL Draft.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen relayed the news from the owner's meetings, where the Broncos aren't entertaining trade talks for Cutler. If McDaniels holds to this position before the draft, then Cutler isn't going anywhere. Denver has a mandatory minicamp in mid-April, and Cutler is reportedly expected to attend.

erikcoleman#26

#116 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 24 - 1:27 pm et

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels made it clear that he does not want agent Bus Cook to be involved in an anticipated one-on-one visit with Jay Cutler.

"It's not an issue for an agent," McDaniels said. "We're not talking about contract. I want to speak with the player." Cutler feels he's been wronged, however, and Cook is his representative. McDaniels may not get his wish.

erikcoleman#26

#117 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

If not I wouldn't mind drafting a QB not named Freeman.
Posted Image

#118 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 24 - 8:49 pm et

In an apparent joke attempt, coach Josh McDaniels held up Jay Cutler's No. 6 when introducing the Broncos' throwback jerseys Tuesday.

"I wouldn’t have wanted it to be any other player," the rookie coach quipped. The media found it hilarious, but McDaniels isn't looking any less arrogant after this. The Broncos still hope Cutler will show for mid-April mandatory work.

Um. Does he not know how fragile Cutler is or is he just that much of an idiot? Great timing. Ass.

erikcoleman#26

#119 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

We'll all be laughing when he blows his coaching career and is somewhere coaching highschool football bagging groceries.

#120 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

Count of 3, assemble a defense comparable to the 2000 Ravens.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users