NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jet Fuel Opening - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jet Fuel Opening What do you think?

#41 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

I just wanted to keep this off topic for one more post while I added that JCBizkit is a moron that really should avoid falling to these "because it's underground, it must be good" stereotypes.

a. Lil Jon is not a rapper and he'll never say he is.

b. Necro is terrible and NOT good, by any stretch of the imagination from a rapper's standpoint. He raps with a lisp, he's offbeat, and he has terrible breath control - punching in every 2 bars. Not even Big Pun punched in that often. Also, his music consists of "shock" lyrics, and his whole persona makes him come off looking like an overcompensating half-a-*beep*. That "brutality" shit looks like a cover up for a grown man with too much depression, and teenage angst issues.. and oddly enough, his music seems to be a gateway for cornball teenagers to vent their own social insecurities.

c. Apologize now for trying to get on this bulshit about how black rappers suck and white rappers are better. That culture stealing shit will get your face 1) spit in, and 2) kicked in (in no particular order). Get off your white horse, stop suckin' off white *beep*, and don't ever think by any stretch of the imagination that any of these flowless, "shock rap" whiteboys that wanna convince themselves that their tougher because they rock an underground badge are doing anything better than the people who started this fuckin' music.

d. The intro to the "Ridin' Dirty" beat is better than the whole song, and I approve of it's usage. I just felt the woman's voice actually introducing the show went on for too long. And from an audio stand point, the quality was so-so. I think it needs to be filtered, and probably abbreviated. Just something like "You're listening to NYJetsFan.com's 'Jet Fuel' radio show, sponsored by Green Solutions.. here's your hosts, Ronny and Lee."

#42 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

Dude, I find it amazing how we got past this and you just had to post this shit to try to get me started up again. Well you know what. It's not going to work, because I know Necro is a kick ass rapper, and you just wish you had his money, and his skills, but your just not good enough. So whatever, I am done, and you just keep making a fool of yourself.

Besides, you have a big mouth considering how bad your lyrics are... lol

#43 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

ENOUGH!

If you guys want to argue go to "The Man Show". This topic is about the opening of the new show. If you have suggestions or feedback put it here, if you just want to kill each other go to another forum.

I DELETED THE LAST TWO POSTS. Keep it on topic or it gets deleted.

#44 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

who is going to be calling in? is there like an order or something?

IPB Image

#45 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Aug 25 2006, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who is going to be calling in? is there like an order or something?

I think anybody could call in. It just matters who gets through first. But, there is one exception. No Red Sox fans can call in... lol j/k

#46 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

awww... my last reply was gold, Ronny... GOLD!

As for the radio show.. I look forward to seeing it get started. I hope you 2 do have enough personality and don't sound shy over the waves tho. That might be painful for an hour. But I trust y'all.. you're grown men that likely don't suffer from social anxiety issues and shit haha.

Is there gonna be a particular schtick? Make fun of the types of fans we're playing against? I'm thinking that while an hour seems short.. it can be a pretty long time to keep a radio show going if there's no real direction.

Also, what kinda promo is there gonna be for the show to provide callers that might not post on the site regularly? A lot of the topics you guys might talk about might be stuff we type up to death on the forum for the 6 days till Sunday.

EDIT: 1,000th post. But that doesn't count the lost posts from when the site changed forums over the last year and a half. Thanx for running a pretty good site.

#47 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

I'll post a topic for chat suggestions. and I'll also take questions from the chat room for those that can't call in.

#48 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Aug 24 2006, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who is going to be the first caller?

Your's truely!!!!

#49 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Aug 25 2006, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your's truely!!!!

How long do you think it will take for Ron to cut you off the air?

And which is more likely..getting kicked off for cursing..or accidentally telling a story about some kind of inebriated sexual escapade?
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Aug 25 2006, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long do you think it will take for Ron to cut you off the air?

And which is more likely..getting kicked off for cursing..or accidentally telling a story about some kind of inebriated sexual escapade?

Of course I would keep it clean for the kiddy's. I guess I'm the only one who's had inebriated sexual escapades.

Jetsohfive it sounds like you need to get out more, holla at me and we'll hit the clubs. You to can get punani to believe it or not. That's unless you and PALMala HANDerson are going going steady
biggrin.gif

#51 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:29 AM

1. Hip Hop is poetry. It's not black and its not white, it condescends all of that because it's lyrical.

2. Underground it doesn't matter if your white/yellow/black/indian/ whatever because like I said, it's poetry and it condescends race. That's evident by that chinese kid that outrapped everyone on BET. You need proof his name is MC Jin. http://www.youtube.c...related&search=
Parable and Wrek are good too.
It's obvious when someone says "The only black/white rapper...." blah blah blah knows nothing about music or art. Electro Magnetic MC's, Souls of Mischief, old school OutKast, Beasties...that's HIP HOP and it's a way of life not some chump trying to make it and most certainly it had nothing to do with black vs white. It had everything to do with trying to live day to day and it's the same for everyone. Like anything else it's an art and it's easy to spot an imposter. You need to live, breathe, and hump to become that good. From Nick Cannon to Linkin Park, it's all bullshit.

BTW get on the internet and search for Kool Keith vs Exibit freestyle.... some of the best freestyle I've ever heard. If you know better then show me.

3. Ron - The background staple of your intro is good, but I think you need more of a Price is Right announcer on top of it. I probably would have come up with the same thing you have so no need for my help there ;]

#52 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:05 AM

Miss Feelgood, if you could put some Jets logo on your black lace and move the camera upwards
a little I can enjoy your intro just fine.you do sound like karen keyes so thats good.tell me what does bluelinecop's voice sound like? peewee herman? so far what you have put up there is a great place to start.
my music selection would be from DAVID GILMOUR'S "ON AN ISLAND" 3RD SONG BLUE He plays a nice guitar there and anywhere would work. would like to see RON and LEE 's picture up on the logo. good luck.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#53 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Aug 25 2006, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miss Feelgood, if you could put some Jets logo on your black lace and move the camera upwards
a little I can enjoy your intro just fine.you do sound like karen keyes so thats good.tell me what does bluelinecop's voice sound like? peewee herman? so far what you have put up there is a great place to start.
my music selection would be from DAVID GILMOUR'S "ON AN ISLAND" 3RD SONG BLUE He plays a nice guitar there and anywhere would work. would like to see RON and LEE 's picture up on the logo. good luck.

Blueline could possibly sound like Little Nicky. Maybe he got hit in the head with a shoval before... lol

#54 User is offline   Feelgood Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Aug 25 2006, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blueline could possibly sound like Little Nicky. Maybe he got hit in the head with a shoval before... lol

This if for JCbizkit87...Sorry they're a bit fuzzy...this is not my main computer and I took the pics off of my myspace account...I don't have the equipment to put a Jets Logo on the lace and as far as moving the camera up...don't want a picture of myself going out over the net with my face attached to my body...who knows where it might end up...

Anyway...we will be working on a new intro with a "Male" voice...since it seems that, that is what men expect in their sports world...I won't be doing the intro...I guess it seems the only place woman have in football is behind the pom poms! It's a shame, I love sports and I wish more woman would get into football...maybe have a few buff men out there strutting their stuff and shaking their pom poms...(Much like the Chipendale Dancers - Or the men who dance the night away at the "Crazy Horse")

Tune in Sunday, I am sure Ron and Lee will put on a great show!

Attached File(s)

#55 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:42 AM

well Miss feelgood, I couldn't do any of that trickery with the picture over the internet but you did provided us a face to go with 1st picture.are you in FLA. also or are you in NEWYORK.? there a place for ladies in sports
and right now you are not at the mic or in front of the camera but hey it looks like you are with in range to
make things happen.Ron and Lee are pranksters so you better prank them before they prank you . its seems
to me that doing the voice on the show is a step inthe right direction and maybe a poll from the fans would send a message that most would approve.AMEN and JETSON would be two guys that you can sound off to.JETSFAN115 could do a poll. thanks for the pictures and good luck.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users