NYJetsFan.com Forums: Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick Off topic but equally important :)

#21 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

hey guys, i am a fan of video games and all, but hundreds of hours playing some rpg is just mind boggling... i understand the appeal, and i do not intend to talk you out of playing sooo much, but is there really nothing better to do with your time (other than being on this site wink.gif), perhaps read a book or work out or not to accuse any of you of having some kind of unfortunate social situation but invest some of that time in some females or sumthing?

I know my comments a) are not going to be very popular with you video game lovers and cool.gif may not be all that valid as you may be very productive member of society, however, i do think it is sad to see so much time spent indoors and not physically active, too much of anything is an addiction and last i checked addiction is not good... biggrin.gif
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#22 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ May 17 2005, 11:18 AM)
hey guys, i am a fan of video games and all, but hundreds of hours playing some rpg is just mind boggling... i understand the appeal, and i do not intend to talk you out of playing sooo much, but is there really nothing better to do with your time (other than being on this site wink.gif), perhaps read a book or work out or not to accuse any of you of having some kind of unfortunate social situation but invest some of that time in some females or sumthing?

I know my comments a) are not going to be very popular with you video game lovers and cool.gif may not be all that valid as you may be very productive member of society, however, i do think it is sad to see so much time spent indoors and not physically active, too much of anything is an addiction and last i checked addiction is not good... biggrin.gif

I know it is a lot, but that was the only game I bothered playing for almost two years. I think that whole period I bought maybe two other games, which I beat rather quickly. So it wasn't like I just played it all day, every day (well, some days I did). I gave up the marathon gaming a long time ago though (happens when you get out of your teens) when I relised most games aren't worth playing five minutes, much less several hours.

I don't drive unless my arm is twisted (ride my bike whever I go now-a-days) and exzercise every day too, so I get the whole being outdoors thing. And my avatar and sig are both of writers, so I read aplenty. Not to get defensive, just don't want to be cast as a small, pale nerd hiding from the outside world. I got over that a long time ago.

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

levels. If you get higher up you’ll see. They do that so you can learn the fighting cause you’ll need it later on. Also the boss battles are straight up old school which I love. Find the wekness. Exploit the weak ness. Also a great game for the PS1 nobody really heard of is fear effect. Its cell shaded but it was fun as hell. 4 discs 8 levels. It was a great game. I really wanted a sequel. There was no power bar either. Just a fear meter. U died when your meter got too high
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Actually there are countless types of enemies each on differenti agree it is a lot of time but for me its over monts. I work 12 hour days M-F and a 6hr shift every other Saturday. Between my 2 jobs. Plus a GF which is kinda like a third job in a way plus hanging out with my friends which I rarely do anymore plus cleaning my room and laundry etc. its nice to be able to sit in my room by myself and play a game for 4 hours straight without distractions. A good way to get away from a stressfull world. And a lot better for you then getting drunk. I like my me time. I have a supscription to netflix 5 at a time. All 3 systems. A total of like 60 games (probably more just an estimate) between all my systems a PC dvd player 700W surround sound home theater system 100s of CDs and barely use any of it except the CDs which I listen to driving to and from jobs.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Chuckfox99 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

Anyone who thinks the PS 3 will be better is than Xbox 360 is a fool.

Xbox 360 makes the PS3 look like a coaster.
This team gives me gray hairs, but I love them none the less.

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

Thanks chuckfox99 for summing up my point in a precise fashion. Lol.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   J-ViLle Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:JETS!!!!METS!!!KNICKS!!!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

xbox 360 will prob be better then ps3 but ps3 wil own in games
SanTana We MisS U!!!!
Herm u Wil Be Missed!!!
IPB Image

OUR FUTURE!!!!!
IPB Image . . WaTcH HiM RUN!!!

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

A lot of developers are switching over. Xbox 360 will have more exclusive games then PS3. I probably won’t even buy a PS3. I own all 3 new ones now but next generation I’m going xbox only
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#29 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 01:26 PM)
A lot of developers are switching over. Xbox 360 will have more exclusive games then PS3. I probably won’t even buy a PS3. I own all 3 new ones now but next generation I’m going xbox only

A lot of people talk about how XBoxs breaks down a lot, but mine has run fine for over two years. As compared to my PS2 which broke after two months (and no, I didn't break it, it broke itself) and my ex-roommates which broke after a little over a year (also just stopped working). I'll never buy a Sony product against just because of how many people I know that have had serious problem's with theirs.

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

I rarely play my PS2 so it works fine. My first xbox was defectective (got it the day they came out) and they replaced it for free. Since then I had only one xbox “break� it still works it just randomly skips the game so you can’t really use it. 1 broken in 4+ years is durable to me. I went through 4 PS1s (no lie) in about 4 years. I think the xbox is the most durable between everyone using the xbox its logged over 1000 hours easily on it the PS2 and gamecube combined have less then 100 hours on it. You have to go by hours used not time. Its like mileage on a car. I know someone who went through 3 PS2s in three years
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#31 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:09 PM

My first XBox (for christmas this year my parents, for no apparent reason, got me a new one) probably has close to a thousand hours on it.

But my PS2 couldn't even have had a hundred. I only played some Tenchu and a little Capcom vs Marvel on it. My ex-roommate's had more, but other than Tony Hawk 2 when it first came out he never really played much either. Now, we did use them both for music and movies, but they just weren't heavily use.

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Ha did u watch the vids. It’s a joke. They don’t show any actual game footage just vids. And the graphics look worse then the vids on the original xbox. What a joke.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

The reason the XBox was better than the PS2 was cause the PS2 came out like a year before the XBox. Ofcourse they are gonna have better technology, but it wasn't worth it anyway cause of the games and retarded controller.

However, they specs on the PS3 and the processor that the PS3 is using is SOO FAR MORE ADVANCED than the XBox360. You guys will be surprised. But to say the XBox360 is gonna be better just cause the XBox was graphically better than the PS2, that is an ignorant statement. The Graphics card on the PS3 is better than 2 6800's. That is pretty sick. Plus IBM making the processors ... you should check the specs on that thing. The PS3 is WAYYY HYPED but the XBox killed all the hype with their exhibition on MTV. People were thoroughly dissapointed. We will find out whats really better in like 3 days after E3.

#34 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

By the way I will crush any compeditor in Madden ....LOL

The Xbox 360 is the system to beat, but the system can't be beaten. It's o.k to talk about the ps2 and 3 if your used to the grafics and Button configuration, but you can't say that the PS3 will be better thats just not possible. Now that microsoft has an affiliate with dreamcast. The grafics are going to be 5 to 6 times better then any gaming console on the planet (even the last xbox).

I can forsee alot of Ps2 gamers converting over to Xbox at christmas time. Just because of the of all the perks that the 360 console is delivering. Wireless controllers, grafics and a microsoft program simular to windows built right in. So you can coverse and sent up tourneys and battles right there insted of going on the internet to do it.

*beep* what ya heard. The 360 is the going to be the system. So kiddy's get on your parents and guyz hound your girlfriends it would make a great gift.LOL

#35 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

im sorry i am still on this time thing...
1000 hours is almost 42 whole days which is more than 1/9th of a year, wow
once again, not trying to judge or anything, just amazing numbers... carry on biggrin.gif
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#36 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

You want amazing numbers. On the first week of xbox live there were more games played then in the history of the NFL,MLB,NHL, and NBA COMBINED! Anyway my 1000 is cause my brotha is always on it. Maybe like 100 of it is mine and its from the last year and a half.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

Also read my other post. That same company is making the graphic chips for all 3 consoles but MS paid to ensure they would get the best graphics. The same way madden paid to eliminate the competition. MS didn’t eliminate but the got an extra step on them with that move
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

im gonna lean on the nintendo with a1elbow
quality over quantity

jetfan115, do you work for microsoft or something cause you're defending this thing to the death. you need to loosen up a tad
Member Since March 26th 2004

IPB Image

#39 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:13 PM

i hate role playing game, but as everyone knows, FF is amazing. never played it myself, but other people who are into role playing games will back me up on that. the fact that theres like 30 of them, itself, shows how successful it has been. and grand theft auto the first one and san andreas are THE BEST GAME EVER PUT OUT. i dont care about halo or ff or super mario tennis or hockey or whatever he's playing these days, gta is amazing in every way. if someone doesnt agree with me, let me know and i will elaborate.

in comapring systems...if it doesnt have gta, i dont have it..............................

#40 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

i am correcting myself. joe montana football for genesis and any contra for super nintendo could be better. mabye its a toss up

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users