NYJetsFan.com Forums: Future Prospect Spotlight Extras - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Future Prospect Spotlight Extras

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

Here are some more prospects that either unexpectedly deaclared early, have risen up draft boards, or I just never covered...

Jarvis Moss - DE/OLB - Florida
6'6" - 251
Late 1st - Early 2nd
Pass Rusher who may be able to make the switch to OLB in the 3-4. Recorded 7.5 sacks this season...and tallied 2 sacks on Troy Smith in the national championship game.

Ikaika Alama-Francis - DE - Hawaii
6'5" - 285
Middle 2nd-Early 3rd
Only recently decided to pursue football...was previously a basketball player. Started his football career weighing 200 pounds...but packed on pure muscle to make it as a DE. Hard worker might be an ideal 3-4 DE in the pro's.

Doug Free - OT/OG - Northern Illinois
6'7" 302
Middle Rounds
A lot of different opinions on Free. Had a dissapointing senior season, but a lot of that can be accredited to having to fight through several injuries. Needs to put on weight for the NFL...but could possibly line up as a tackle or guard.

Desmond Bishop - ILB - California
6'2" 243
Middle Rounds
Powerful linebacker who takes on blockers well and stops the run very effectively. Good leader and play diagnostician who's only knock is his less than ideal speed and athleticism. He's always in on the play, as witnessed by his 126 tackles this season, 15 of which were behind the line of scrimmage!

Cory Anderson - FB - Tennessee
6'3" 255
Late Rounds
Absolute mauler who never carried the ball much at all in college...but has been a solid blocker. He really caught my eye in the North-South All Star Bowl. He was given a lot of touches in that game, and showed good hands and the ability to absolutely throw would-be-tacklers aside.

Brandon Myles - WR - West Virginia
6'3" 185
Late Rounds
Unpolished prospect who has good height and speed to go along with his good athleticism, body control, and hands. Needs to run better routes and bulk up, but he is a relative unknown because West Virginia is a run first offense with the likes of Steve Slaton at RB and the other RB...Pat White at QB. When he was thrown to, it was usually caught and for big gains. Developmental prospect...

Bradon Mebane - DT - California
6'3" 295
Middle Rounds
Possible DE in the 3-4. Fantastic college player who was a classic overachiever. Physical limitations may hold him back in the pro's, but how many times have scouts said that only to see players prove everyone wrong again. Has the ability to collapse the pocket and disengages from blocks well.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

Hurricane, you know I would love to have Moss on our team as an outside linebacker. I just don't think were going to trade Vilma. I think if we trade a linebacker, it will be the older Eric Barton. Then I could see the Linebackers looking like this:

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Hobson
OLB Moss

If you ask me, i'm happier with Barton. I just don't think it'll work out if we draft OLB in the first round.

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jan 17 2007, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hurricane, you know I would love to have Moss on our team as an outside linebacker. I just don't think were going to trade Vilma. I think if we trade a linebacker, it will be the older Eric Barton. Then I could see the Linebackers looking like this:

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Hobson
OLB Moss

If you ask me, i'm happier with Barton. I just don't think it'll work out if we draft OLB in the first round.

Yeah that would be nice...did I make it seem like I wanted Vilma out of here? If I did I apologize...because that is absolutley the last thing I think we should do. We now have a pretty good pool of tweeners entering the draft...so one or more of them i sure to make it the second round.

Jarvis Moss - Florida

LaMarr Woodley - Michigan

Anthony Spencer - Purdue
Posted Image

#4 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2007, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that would be nice...did I make it seem like I wanted Vilma out of here? If I did I apologize...because that is absolutley the last thing I think we should do. We now have a pretty good pool of tweeners entering the draft...so one or more of them i sure to make it the second round.

Jarvis Moss - Florida

Anthony Spencer - Purdue

No, you didn't. I just rather have Vilma over Barton because of age, although i'd like to have the both of them. Out of that list you put there, that order is probably the way I would want us to go in the draft. It also depends on what we do with free agency. I think we're gonna leave our defensive end spot for the draft, although there is a possiblilty we could move Robertson to end, and then pick up someone like Sands, from the Raiders for the middle, or move up in the draft to get Alan Branch. So we could either go:

DE Robertson
NT Branch/Sands
DE Ellis

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Barton
OLB Hobson

OR

DE Robertson
NT Sands
DE Ellis

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Hobson
OLB Moss

Not much of a difference between the two, I think i'd be happy with either one.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Fancis is one bad mutha!

#6 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

my ideal first 3 picks are

1. Marshawn Lynch

2a. Anthony Spencer

2b. Ikaika Alama-Francis

#7 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

ideal 1st 3 rounds

1.moss/mosley/woodely-replace the slow barton

2.zach miller,greg olsen-great te that are comparable to Todd Heap

3.Michael Bush/or whoever top OL available/NT

4.tony hunt/ or top OL available/NT
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 17 2007, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ideal 1st 3 rounds

1.moss/mosley/woodely-replace the slow barton

Hobson is nothing to shake a stick at either

#9 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

Jarvis Moss has awesome speed and I wouldn't be upset if we took him with our 1st rounder if Lynch etc are off the board. He has great speed and SEC experience, which is always a plus as it is the best conference in college.
Would it be possible to have one of these posts a week too to inform some of us who are a bit uninformed about the college game?

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 17 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jarvis Moss has awesome speed and I wouldn't be upset if we took him with our 1st rounder if Lynch etc are off the board. He has great speed and SEC experience, which is always a plus as it is the best conference in college.
Would it be possible to have one of these posts a week too to inform some of us who are a bit uninformed about the college game?

You've been aroud here long enough to know that I used to do that...haha....but yeah....I got lazy and stock piled full of work...but I have a little more free time...so I'll keep em coming.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

i don't wanna trade barton cause he is good but getting up there in age. i'd like to move hobson inside. he has the bulk to fight off blockers and make plays inside and then get a big speed guy to play outside. then it would be
OLB thomas, draft pick or free agent, back-ups chattam

ILB hobson, vilma back-ups kassell and schlegal
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2007, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jarvis Moss - Florida

Anthony Spencer - Purdue

Thats a guy that I havent heard on this board yet, he could be a good player at OLB. I was watching Francis is the bowl thing also on Sunday. They said he could end up being a first rounder, he had a sack in that game when they were talking about him. Also that guy Anderson is a beast, we need a FB like that, either draft him or Leonard. If not then we should sign one of the FA FBs that the Pats are letting go, both of theirs are UFAs, and both have good speed and are pretty young. Pass and Evans.
I like Brandon Mebane. He could be a nice pickup.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

a couple of my own sleepers

RB/FB Nate Ilaoa

RB/FB Jason Snelling

FB Cory Anderson