NYJetsFan.com Forums: When Chimps Attack... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets win 3-1. Beat dolphins so bad that philbin isnt allowed back from england.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) how do you block Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams on passing downs?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) if he's not convicted since he has to go back to court now that his suspension is over
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) I would like to see us use a 4 man front on passing downs. With Wilk on the the end Rich on the other end and Williams and Harrison in the middle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) the interior pressure we'll bring is going to be crazy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) and if he's in game shape
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) Or Use Rich and Williams in the middle and put Wilk and Coples on the Ends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Richardson won't be suspended this season from that
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) This D-line reminds me of the 2011 Giants who used JPP and Tuck on the inside and Osi and Kiwanuka on the ends
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:41 PM) 4 10 sack players at 1 points in their careers and no o-line could stop them all
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:41 PM) I think this D-line will be so much better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) The thing that is scary is that we also have a great secondary
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Exactly
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) All of our additions in the secondary look great. Darrelle Revis changes secondaries
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Buster Skrine has been a beast at nickel
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Take a sack or throw it up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Marcus Gilchrist has been making plays in coverage at FS.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) The Island!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Never should have let him go
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) We could have just taken Rich at 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) but o well he is back now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) You got to think Revis has also never had this much talent around him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:48 PM) all 3 of our wins we pretty much dominated in
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:48 PM) Our defense has allowed the leagues best 13 PPG
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) We beat us against Philly
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:50 PM) 4 turnovers and a Punt return TD
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:58 PM) If fitz can be smart with the ball and Marshall Decker and Ivory and stay healthy I think we can beat anyone
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) http://www.sun-senti...1005-story.html
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) I get it to a point why everyone is making a big deal about that missed call because difference between a win and a loss but I have never seen that call made in over 30 years of watching NFL so I guarantee that none of the fans , coaches or players new the rule. Yes the refs should know all the rules but they aren't computers and it's impossible for them to remember all the 1000's of rules. Especially an old rule no one but the officials ever heard of before. 22 new officials didn't help either. It took an old long time official now retired from officiating to tell the world the rule. Everyone and the officials will remember that rule from now on after all the media
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:27 PM) Lions fans are b*tching like hell about it. We would be if it happened to us but I think it's a bad rule any way and should be scrapped. If the defense causes the offensive player to fumble in the end zone because the defense makes a good play I personally think it would be bullshit to give the fumbling team the ball back. If the ball went out of bounds on its own or if a player tried to recover it and the ball went out of the end zone it's not a penalty. Both cases are a touchback so I feel that giving the ball back to the offense that fumbled it because of the defense batting the ball out of the end zone if the offense recovered the ball it would be a td so it would be bullshit to give them the ball back because of a simple ball bat. Rule should really be changed
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:30 PM) It's ok for the offense to deliberately take a safety to prevent a TD and only give up 2 points an benefit themselves so yeah I think it is an old out of date rule that should be thrown out. If the d makes a great play they shouldn't have to give the offense the ball back because of a stupid rule
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:30 PM) So I'm glad it wasn't called
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) Hope it's changed next year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) it's been called a ton of times, they showed a montage o ESPN last night of a bunch of times it's been called
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) just because one player made a great play, doesn't mean you can excuse someone making a bonehead play
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) chancellor made a great play (remember when i wanted the jets to draft him?) but the LBer should have not illegally batted it, he could have tried to recover it or body blocked det from recovering.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Not sure what ESPN you had on ESPN China? I left ESPN on for 2 hours after the game and I never seen this montage you say. I'm calling you out as bullshit. Show me a video of proof
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) Even the old ESPN official couldn't remember an instance of it being called. It isn't the same as the offense backing out of the end zone with the ball or being sacked in the end zone for a safety. Completely different rule and situation. I've never seen it called and I watch at least 6 games at a time a week. None of the ESPN announcer players, Ray Lewis, Dilfer, or Young even knew the rule and that's over 20 years of NFL experience. Yet none of them knew or understood the rule until it was explained in detail
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) I've never once seen the ball given back to to offense so I challenge you to show me this montage you claim was on. If I didn't see it for two hours I after the game I'm calling bullshit on your end
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:43 PM) Say whatever you want but show me proof or just leave it be because I won't believe you without a bunch of video proof. I have a hell of a memory and if it ever was called maybe once or twice in the past 30 years but no way there is some montage
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:48 PM) Nether coach knew the rule either and they would know more of the rules than the players and fans. If not for a retired official bringing it up it probably would've never even been brought up at all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:58 PM) I highly questionable is on now and they are even saying no one knew the rule or complained until they were told the rule.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) I have seen plenty of games where defenders did knock the ball out of the end zone like the situation last night to prevent any possible touchdown not disputing that because that has happened a good many times. My point is I've never seen a flag thrown for it and the ball given to the offense. It's definitely an obsolete rule that should be thrown out. The NFL has made the rules so offensive friendly these days it's hard to play defense with out calls anymore. That is just one more bullshit rule to help the offense. Take the Jets Dolphins game for instance. Those bullshit pi calls against our defense for clearly uncatchable balls. Pi never should've never been called giving up like 60 yards on two calls and a td that never would've happened. At most they should've been 5 yard holding calls. Never would've been mad if they just called them holding calls.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) Anyway I'm tired of all these offense friendly rules these days screwing over the defenses. It's starting to get like non touch flag football for the defenses.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:11 PM) You know it too. Our team has been a defensive team for well over a decade and so many bullshit calls have been called against our defense because of the new offensive friendly rules. So I say screw Detroit. I'm glad it wasn't called and a defense gets a break
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) call em a liar if you want, but I seen it man
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Chimps Attack... both very sad & twisted funny...

#1 User is offline   jetgreen13 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

did you guys ever read this one??

Chimps Attack, Tear Off Man's Nose

Two Of The Chimps Were Shot And Killed

Mar 4, 2005 1:42 pm US/Pacific
CALIENTE, Calif. (AP) A couple's visit to the chimpanzee they were forced to relinquish to an animal sanctuary turned tragic when two other chimps attacked the husband, critically wounding him before the animals were shot to death in mid-assault.

The son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner killed the animals that left St. James Davis, 62, in critical condition with massive injuries to his face, body and limbs, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the California Department of Fish and Game.

"He saw what was happening and had one kind of weapon with him and then got another he felt would be more substantial and shot them," Martarano said. "He pretty much saved a life."

Davis' wife, LaDonna Davis, 64, suffered a bite wound to the hand while attempting to help her husband, Martarano said.

The Kern County Sheriff's Department is continuing to investigate the attack at Animal Haven Ranch, which holds state permits to shelter exotic animals.

"A big part of the investigation will be figuring out whether the owners were in compliance with regulations," Sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander said Friday. "There's a reason why those chimpanzees got out. It will be crucial to our investigation how they got out."

State wildlife and county health authorities also were testing the dead chimps for rabies and other diseases that could affect the victims' health, Chealander said.

The Davises were at the Animal Haven Ranch to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.

The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of the four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, Martarano said. Officials do not yet know how the chimps got out of their enclosure, he said.

Moe was not involved in Thursday's attack, Martarano said.

Dr. Maureen Martin, of Kern Medical Center, told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the chimpanzees chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose.

Davis was transported to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he had surgery late Thursday night, Martarano said.

The medical center would not release any information about Davis' condition on Friday. Hospital spokeswoman Julie Smith said the family requested confidentiality.

Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off. Buddy, a 16-year-old male chimp, initiated the attack and after he was shot, Ollie, a 13-year-old male, grabbed the gravely injured man and dragged him down the road, according to Chealander.

"Everybody was trying to get the chimp off," Chealander said.

The son-in-law of the sanctuary's owners used a .45-caliber handgun to kill the out-of-control chimps, Chealander said.

Two other chimps, females named Susie and Bones, also escaped from the cage they shared with Ollie and Buddy, prompting sheriff's deputies, animal control workers and Fish and Game officials to launch a search.

The wayward pair were recovered after five hours. Martarano said one chimp was two miles from the sanctuary.

The Davises had waged an unsuccessful legal fight to bring Moe back to their West Covina home and visited him regularly at the sanctuary where he had been living since October. They brought the chimp from Africa decades ago after a poacher killed his mother.

Animal Haven Ranch has held state permits to shelter animals since 1985 and serves as a sanctuary for animals that have been confiscated or discovered lost, Martarano said.

It is allowed to house up to nine primates at one time and is home to one spider monkey and six chimpanzees, he said. The permits are held by Ralph and Virginia Brauer, who could not be reached immediately for comment.

A woman who answered the phone at the Brauer residence on Friday said the family is not talking to the media about the incident.

Chealander said the incident has been stunning to the owners.

"They've been up there for 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened, according to them. And we certainly don't have any reports of anything like this happening," Chealander said.

A woman who said she was a friend of the Brauers and was leaving the sanctuary Friday morning told an Associated Press reporter that the couple is distraught. She refused to give her name.

"These are good chimps," the woman said. "This is just devastating."

The sanctuary is 30 miles east of Bakersfield, in a steep canyon that winds past horse ranches and grazing cattle. It sits at the top of a dirt road carved into a rocky hillside that is covered in sage brush and oak trees.

Chimpanzees can turn surly if not handled properly, said Martine Colette, animal director of the Wildlife WayStation, a sanctuary near Los Angeles where Moe was housed for a time.

"Chimps are notoriously strong and they have some very, very specific behaviors," Colette said. "If someone tries to confine them, they will definitely put up a fight."

"An average person who doesn't know chimp body language can't read them," she added.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users