NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Dont Win Out Odds No Playoffs - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Today, 02:36 PM) lol
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jets Dont Win Out Odds No Playoffs

#1 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

Right now Jets are still first in the division but there are two four loss teams in the wild cards.

Believe it or not odds are this team will not make the playoffs without winning the divison.

Whether not you want to believe the Jets are good or bad that is the reality of the situation.

By the end of the year this team could be the worst team in the league against the pass.Also reality.

With the pass defense problems there is no way this team would go far in the playoffs as it is.This needs fixed now.One more loss and we wont even need to worry about it anymore

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Dec 7 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the end of the year this team could be the worst team in the league against the pass.

We certainly are playing like it.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

We are not showing any energy it seems like since the win against the Titans we lost so much steam that we have literally come to a screeching halt and with Miami and Petriots winning it's a 3 way tie for 1st and the corner is closing in on us and it's not looking like we want it bad enough...the Coaches better pull their heads out of their ass or this season will be a disappointment...even if we make the playoffs who knows if we go one and done or if we catch fire but if the last 2 games against Denver and 49ers are any indication we are circling the drain and for anyone to try to be positive is absurd because the last 2 games haven't shown anything to be positive about...we got shut down today by a team who we should of handled if this team wanted to taken seriously and now we are being considered a JOKE...we are acting like PRETENDERS instead of Contenders....this absolutly SUCKS
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Jets only had one sack against Tennessee,zero against Denver,two against San Fransico

This team cannot pressure the qb`s at all and is totally out of position on many pass plays.

Not to mention another team passing for over 250 yards on the Jets.

I really dont see how people can be positive.

Obviously Sutton isnt the man for the job but what makes this worse is Mangini is spending most of his time with the defense so it doesnt speak good for him also.WTF is the use of being good against the run if you cant stop any pass team.

As I said before the Jets have only held one winning team under 250 yards passing(Titans).So how do we expect them to stop teams from passing if they even make the playoffs?????Its not like they can play Tennessee three times

blowup.gif

Whether you are optimistic or pesimistic the facts are the facts and they are not in the Jets favor at all

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

we will NOT make the playoffs.... This team is bad right now, they have no spunk at all except for a few guys. They have lost all swagger and got the living crap kicked out of them by the 49ers and Broncos.... These games were not a fluke.. We will most likely lose out unless somehow they get their heads out of their ass and man up...
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Nope no playoffs!!!! the end is near!! Pats can win with scrubs and we have the same ole Jets!! our coaching blows!!

#7 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:52 PM

I agree, its not looking good right now at all. Its still a 'control your own destiny' situation for us right now but it'll mean nothing if we continue play like this. We need to get back to extreme basics and like someone else said 'we need to play for our own offense and not for the other teams'....so really, we need to go back to a working run and slant and not try and go for a 50 yrd TD because were down by 3 with 25 min left!!

#8 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

"What's that?...uh...Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! Playoffs! you kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game."

-Jim mora

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#9 User is offline   wildchildsixx Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

man i dont even want to go to the playoffs with this team, just a let down waiting to happen.

#10 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

God Chad beating us in our house and taking the Fins (who one a single game last year!!!!!!!!) to the playoffs. Can you think of any better storyline cause I can't
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

Would just be another chapter in the jets history book.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   chad4mvp10 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (bleedsgreen @ Dec 7 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God Chad beating us in our house and taking the Fins (who one a single game last year!!!!!!!!) to the playoffs. Can you think of any better storyline cause I can't

Producers are already making this movie. Im still very optimistic that we will win out and be the division champs. I just wont breathe for the next 180 minutes of football for this season

-When u have a Qb like Chad Pennington at the helm, who wouldnt want to play with him... Laveraneus Coles

AND THE HOME OF THE JETS!

#13 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

we're done!.. that's it with seattle giving the pats a hard time, imagine us! with kc on the dolphin's list, chad's probably going to get his revenge and i wont be suprise to if cole were to intentionally lose that last game for his buddy chad to shine! OMG we're done
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

#14 User is offline   titmouse Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (kenxnice @ Dec 8 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we're done!.. that's it with seattle giving the pats a hard time, imagine us! with kc on the dolphin's list, chad's probably going to get his revenge and i wont be suprise to if cole were to intentionally lose that last game for his buddy chad to shine! OMG we're done

Again, phucking crybabies. Go home bitch. They are 8-5, you would have taken this at the beginning of the season by far. Shut up. Yes, Coles is going to throw the game. Moron.

#15 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (titmouse @ Dec 8 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, phucking crybabies. Go home bitch. They are 8-5, you would have taken this at the beginning of the season by far. Shut up. Yes, Coles is going to throw the game. Moron.

haha who the phuck are you again? i was expecting a 16-0 kinda season i dont know what you talking about BIotch
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

#16 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

Winning out is the only option, however to do that we need some kind of momentum and right now it's difficult to say that the team has any of that.
Thankfully we're playing Buffalo next week, who are in the midst of an awful run of form, which could allow the Jets to get some much needed momentum back. Then again, the Bills will be going out looking to play the spoiler role.
Again, the Jets have put themselves in a position which they only have themselves to blame for. Two weeks ago we were the flavour of the week. How quickly things change because now we're a playoff possibility rather than one of the SB contenders.

#17 User is offline   twisted310 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (chad4mvp10 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Producers are already making this movie. Im still very optimistic that we will win out and be the division champs. I just wont breathe for the next 180 minutes of football for this season

I have seen this movie already during the baseball season from the Mets. This is the story of a team who was looking toward the palyoffs prematurely and lost thier focus only to be smacked accross the nose with a newspaper by the rest of the league. When they regained consciousness they pressed and played even worse and ended up not making the playoffs, a big choke. Not a big fan of this movie, but then again it could have a surprise ending and they could win out and make a happy ending. I am not being negative but being a Jet fan is like the movie Groundhog Day we keep seeing the same ending every year.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users