Pet Peeves? what are some of yours?
Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:02 PM
1. I have the same first and last name of someone who plays for the Yankees and every time he does good or bad, people will come up to me and be like "Man, did you play well yesterday bro" or, "Come on, you should've had (insert team here) in that game last night, you suck." That may seem minor, but when you hear it over and over and over and over, it gets so annoying.
2. I can't stand people who walk with their cell phone headsets in their ear and aren't talking to anybody. I don't know why, but it just pisses me off, it is so god damn annoying
3. When my boys decide all of a sudden that they want to come over unannounced. I have to stop all the crap that I'm doing to accomodate them, they pull out my PS2, get on my damn computer, or do whatever. That sets me off also (luckily I put a password on my computer now lol).
4. When girls dress alike. I dont know why lol, but this irks me to no end.
Anyone else have anything?
Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:03 PM
-Nasty girls with thongs
-Whites and latinos using the "n" word, not realising it was derived as a means to desparage an entire race.
Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:28 AM
- People who use the same insults all the time. When someone is arguing with me they always bring up the same old line about me and think they've won the argument when they haven't.
- Immature people.
- People with no sense of humour and can't take any criticism at all
- British people who still find it right to dislike the Germans
Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:52 PM
2. Posts that clearly have not been proofread.
3. Posts where people use stupid abbreviations rather than write out the word. Things like "b4 I go 2 c u I want 2 know . . ."
4. People who use "prolly" instead of probably.
5. People who are raised in, yet don't root for hometown teams.
6. People who call themselves African American, Spanish American, Russian American, whatever. We're all just Americans.
7. People who don't keep their word and are irresponsible
8. Voicemail systems where you have to hit 30 keys to get the person you want and are then put on hold for 20 minutes.
9. People who constantly lie.
10. People who have no respect for women and act as though they're God's gift to women.
11. People who abuse the cell phone. Things like talking when they're out with friends, or driving while talking making them oblivious to what's going on around them.
12. People who actually like the French.
I could probably go on and on but that's a good start.
Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:36 PM
Vive La France! I love the French, I love France and I am proud to be French.
But incase anyone is wondering, I did root for the USA first in the World Cup.
Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:04 PM
I forgot that one.
Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:19 PM
I suppose they do..I'm German and Italian too so maybe that's apart of it.
I called the Dell Tech Support line once and some Indian guy told me his name was Abraham Lincoln. That's not a joke, he did.
Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:20 PM
People who dont say Thank You! when you open a door for them or something similar.
Racist people, people who judge people before they get to know them.
I have a lot of these by the way lol
Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:55 PM
Why does that piss you off. I bet alot of the times you hear that you are hearing people speak there natvie language. Why should they change if they are having a personal conversation
Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:14 PM
What about if they have just moved to your country and do not know the language
They are on the phone to someone who does not speak the English language so needs to speak in a different language