NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Madden 2007 Topic - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Resize Shouts Area

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Madden 2007 Topic

#1 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:31 PM

Well Since E3 is in about a week, there will probably a lot of information about what is going to be on this game. There actually has been a couple of things happening. Well here it goes.

For current-gen systems
EA sports hopes that super star mode makes all-pro this year.It remains a current-gen only feature, and it's undergoing a radical retooling."When you're playing Super-star mode this year, it's not going to feel like anything else in madden." says producer Phil Frazier."You're going to feel like you're actually playing a postion in pro football.

This year, you'll be able to create a Super Star who plays a specfic postion- from lineman to defensive back. Moreover, you'll play each game using selectable views, all focused from your Super Star's position on the field, and the right analog stick will be tuned to fire off moves specific for whichever position you play, including the line. You'll also have an ultimate goal this year: to become enshrined in the NFL Hall of Fame!

On the field, you can expect new moves. Vision and precision passing will be relegated to the bench as a selectable option, but the new running game will get the juice. A new lead blocker control will let you identify a blocker of your choice before the snap and then guide him and your running back in tandem. You can also switch from blocker to ball carrier at any time. Last year's Truck Stick is being shifted to something tentatively called the "Highlight Stick". Now, pressing the right analog stick on a run does more than just lower the shoulder. Your player will make an evasive move, which will be determined by your back's real-life running style

Source: Gamepro Magazine

For Next-Gen Systems

"For the Playstation 3 and Xbox360, EA is taking Madden back to basics. "Simply put, we wanted to get back to the depth of the Madden franchise," says producer David Ortiz.
Just like in the realNFL, building depth on your team begins in mini-camp. In Madden 07, Mini-camp mode will consist of series of mini games, such as the 40-yard dash. however, you'll be able to regulary return to camp to build up attributes for players you designate, including a created player. the game will also feature position-specific drills.
The raw horsepower of both the Xbox360 and Ps3 enables Madden 07 to "go deep," too. The game will keep a running tab on your accomplishments by tracking everything you do in the game both on and offline. Your performance in every mini-camp game, regular season game, head to head match, and everything else will be monitored and scored. As you play, you'll earn points that you can trade to unlock legendary players, flim clips, and other gridon goodies. You'll even be able to wager points on-line against other players during head to head gameplay. And watch out-everynow and then, the A.I. will issue a challenge, too.
But get ready for this, football fans:Ea Sports is setting up a hall of fame! Playing online football matchups will qualify All-madden pros for indution. Ea plans to monitor online gameplay, including head to head scores and tournament finishes in order to select the inductees."

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:14 PM

sounds cool
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:57 AM

i hope it works out like it sounds cause madden 06 wasn't that good
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:59 AM

06 was great. i really liked 04 and 05 and i was really happy to see they kept the same physics and just added more to the game. xbox 360 06 though i dont like it at all its annoying and i dont find it to be as crisp as the ps2/xbox version.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:58 AM

And watch out-everynow and then, the A.I. will issue a challenge, too.
But get ready for this, football fans:Ea Sports is setting up a hall of fame! Playing online football matchups will qualify All-madden pros for indution. Ea plans to monitor online gameplay, including head to head scores and tournament finishes in order to select the inductees."

The whole thing just sounds amazing, I hope the make this the greatest ever. The A.I is one of the biggest problems of the 360 madden. They better alter that.

I'm excited, but not to excited because EA has a tendency of letting people down.

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

it seems like they always half ass their games. that way u come back the next year hoping that the new one fixes the problems u hated.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:09 PM

Madden 2006 for Xbox 360 sucked, the gameplay was garbage, and also they toke out like every mode. Like Mini Camp, Superstar. But yea i hope they make this one alot better, because 2006 for 360 sucked.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

Well there has been pictures of the game added on ign, along with the first look of it. I guess I am the official Madden guy on this site, considering I have been giving you guys information about the game for the last 3 seasons of it on this board. Well anyway, heres the information, and pictures.

First Look: http://sports.ign.co...5/705351p1.html

Here is basicially what the First look had said in there, if you are too lazy to go there and read through every thing.

-"After selecting a running play, you will be able to cycle through your offensive players as they get into position at the line. Select the player you want to control, that's right, control, and after the ball is snapped, the camera zooms in on the fullback, tackle, guard, center, tight end, or even wide receiver that you decided to possess. It's now up to you to open up the path for the run, as the computer controls the halfback and tries to follow your path to daylight. In the E3 demo I was able to get my hands on early, once you made your initial block, control immediately switched back to the man with the ball as you attempt to take advantage of the hole Jones or Strong opened up for you. I am told, however, that in the final version of the game, you will be able to control the blocker for as long as you want, running down field for multiple blocks as the computer runs through the open field."

-"Now when you're playing with someone like Parker or Tiki Barber, press the right analog stick in any direction and you'll see an animation where the smaller back will duck, spin, or squirt out of a tackle. You'll even be able to combo moves with the stick, piecing together a juke left with a hop step backwards (down on the right analog stick) to leave defenders eating turf. This will add an advantage to the elusive runners, not just the backs with bulk. The Truck Stick animations still exist for the bigger backs, but now you'll see a lot more variety of running moves with the addition of the Highlight Stick."

-"But if the blocking up front is broken, there's no point in running the ball, even if you're leading the charge or spinning through tackles. That's why the team at Tiburon spent a lot of development time fixing the run blocking in the game. The goal is to make even a four yard run fun. It's not about breaking 30-yarders every down. It's about being able to establish a running game as part of your offense, and make it a realistic way to dominate opponents by pounding them with players like Alexander and Ronnie Brown. You can finally feel the satisfaction of a good pancake thanks to the new animations, and the cut blocks will send defenders flipping into the air. I even saw a missed cut block where Larry Foote of the Steelers jumped over his blocker and completely obliterated the ball carrier."

-"That's why the main goal of NFL Superstar Hall of Fame mode was to put the emphasis back on the superstar, both on and off the field." (Current Gen Only)

-"Fans will be happy to know that the second year of Madden 360 is about adding depth back into the franchise."

-"The first new feature is Mini-Camp…but this isn't the old mini-camp you're used to seeing in current gen. This is a living practice field you walk through, looking almost like what you'd expect if you attended the Combine with players bench pressing in one area, running the 40 in another."

-"Graphically, the first thing you'll notice is the new 3D grass and field degradation. As play progresses, you'll see the grass actually get torn up. When it rains, you'll see puddles start to form and the water splash up from cleats. And it's all dynamic depending on where players are on the field. The more you run up the middle, the more the middle of the field will get chewed up. Mud will accumulate on jerseys. Helmets will get scuffed up. You'll see details down to the wrinkles on uniforms. And thankfully, the players wearing the uniforms don't all look like Balco ballers, as they have a much more slimmed down, athletic look than last year's game."

-"On bump and run coverages, the cornerback will actually chuck the receiver and smack him in the chest, impacting the way he runs his route. When you throw the ball deep, you'll see more realistic safety play and help coverage."

This is just a small part of IGN's preview. Head over there now to get A LOT more info!

Selective Pictures:

#9 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

running 4 daylight mght just be the worst idea in madden history, i really think itll ruin the game ----- i hope its optional They took away the best idea [the cone] and added a horrible idea
ColesReturns87

#10 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ May 5 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there has been pictures of the game added on ign, along with the first look of it. I guess I am the official Madden guy on this site, considering I have been giving you guys information about the game for the last 3 seasons of it on this board. Well anyway, heres the information, and pictures.

First Look: http://sports.ign.co...5/705351p1.html

Here is basicially what the First look had said in there, if you are too lazy to go there and read through every thing.

-"After selecting a running play, you will be able to cycle through your offensive players as they get into position at the line. Select the player you want to control, that's right, control, and after the ball is snapped, the camera zooms in on the fullback, tackle, guard, center, tight end, or even wide receiver that you decided to possess. It's now up to you to open up the path for the run, as the computer controls the halfback and tries to follow your path to daylight. In the E3 demo I was able to get my hands on early, once you made your initial block, control immediately switched back to the man with the ball as you attempt to take advantage of the hole Jones or Strong opened up for you. I am told, however, that in the final version of the game, you will be able to control the blocker for as long as you want, running down field for multiple blocks as the computer runs through the open field."

-"Now when you're playing with someone like Parker or Tiki Barber, press the right analog stick in any direction and you'll see an animation where the smaller back will duck, spin, or squirt out of a tackle. You'll even be able to combo moves with the stick, piecing together a juke left with a hop step backwards (down on the right analog stick) to leave defenders eating turf. This will add an advantage to the elusive runners, not just the backs with bulk. The Truck Stick animations still exist for the bigger backs, but now you'll see a lot more variety of running moves with the addition of the Highlight Stick."

-"But if the blocking up front is broken, there's no point in running the ball, even if you're leading the charge or spinning through tackles. That's why the team at Tiburon spent a lot of development time fixing the run blocking in the game. The goal is to make even a four yard run fun. It's not about breaking 30-yarders every down. It's about being able to establish a running game as part of your offense, and make it a realistic way to dominate opponents by pounding them with players like Alexander and Ronnie Brown. You can finally feel the satisfaction of a good pancake thanks to the new animations, and the cut blocks will send defenders flipping into the air. I even saw a missed cut block where Larry Foote of the Steelers jumped over his blocker and completely obliterated the ball carrier."

-"That's why the main goal of NFL Superstar Hall of Fame mode was to put the emphasis back on the superstar, both on and off the field." (Current Gen Only)

-"Fans will be happy to know that the second year of Madden 360 is about adding depth back into the franchise."

-"The first new feature is Mini-Camp…but this isn't the old mini-camp you're used to seeing in current gen. This is a living practice field you walk through, looking almost like what you'd expect if you attended the Combine with players bench pressing in one area, running the 40 in another."

-"Graphically, the first thing you'll notice is the new 3D grass and field degradation. As play progresses, you'll see the grass actually get torn up. When it rains, you'll see puddles start to form and the water splash up from cleats. And it's all dynamic depending on where players are on the field. The more you run up the middle, the more the middle of the field will get chewed up. Mud will accumulate on jerseys. Helmets will get scuffed up. You'll see details down to the wrinkles on uniforms. And thankfully, the players wearing the uniforms don't all look like Balco ballers, as they have a much more slimmed down, athletic look than last year's game."

-"On bump and run coverages, the cornerback will actually chuck the receiver and smack him in the chest, impacting the way he runs his route. When you throw the ball deep, you'll see more realistic safety play and help coverage."

This is just a small part of IGN's preview. Head over there now to get A LOT more info!

Selective Pictures:

thanx so much man ive been lookin for weeks on info for 07 this made my day lol. and yea i hope they improve stuff and help the receivers out by not making dbs so invincable. also HAS ANYONE EVA SEEN A BLOCKED FIELD GOAL OR EXTRA POINT? ive neva seen it in all my years of playing ANY football game system i really believe it should be added that it happens at least once in a bloo moon instead of non existant.

Chad= Cheerleader

#11 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

I once had Vilma block a FG against the Bolts once.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#12 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ May 6 2006, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once had Vilma block a FG against the Bolts once.

really? could u please tell me how to do it lol

Chad= Cheerleader

#13 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

Just a reminder, Madden 2007, and other huge games including NCAA Football 2007, and WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 will be looked at during E3 this week! They will be opening their doors for everyone to go to on May 10th to the 12th. The conference program will be May 9th to the 11th. So guys, expect a lot of information of your favorite video games, including Madden, of course during this whole week.

#14 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:41 PM

The very first PS3 Madden 2007 screens are out now. Here they are:

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ May 6 2006, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanx so much man ive been lookin for weeks on info for 07 this made my day lol. and yea i hope they improve stuff and help the receivers out by not making dbs so invincable. also HAS ANYONE EVA SEEN A BLOCKED FIELD GOAL OR EXTRA POINT? ive neva seen it in all my years of playing ANY football game system i really believe it should be added that it happens at least once in a bloo moon instead of non existant.

i did it a few times in 2k5
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

Nintendo Wii first screens for Madden 2007 have been posted, here they are:

#17 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:01 AM

ur images are all nuked. ur going to have to find better links or download/reupload them to www.tinypic.com

sites that do that are lame! good effort though biggrin.gif

#18 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 11 2006, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ur images are all nuked. ur going to have to find better links or download/reupload them to www.tinypic.com

sites that do that are lame! good effort though biggrin.gif

Dude, I have been doing this for 3 years now, since 2005 Madden version. Besides it's not like thats the only site that has them, they are also on IGN as well, which is one of the biggest video game sites in the world. So I say the images are fine.

Madden 2007 PC version has added some more screens, here are the screens that they have added.

#19 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

I liked the sound track to 06 cause the one to 05 sucked.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#20 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

Great! I was tired of having eight buttons to use when I was running. I have always wanted to be able to use one button that just chooses the best option for the player at the time. One of my problems with Madden is that it forces too much micro-management on you in game and play calling is weakened as you try to maximize ever button push.

"After selecting a running play, you will be able to cycle through your offensive players as they get into position at the line. Select the player you want to control, that's right, control, and after the ball is snapped, the camera zooms in on the fullback, tackle, guard, center, tight end, or even wide receiver that you decided to possess. It's now up to you to open up the path for the run, as the computer controls the halfback and tries to follow your path to daylight. In the E3 demo I was able to get my hands on early, once you made your initial block, control immediately switched back to the man with the ball as you attempt to take advantage of the hole Jones or Strong opened up for you. I am told, however, that in the final version of the game, you will be able to control the blocker for as long as you want, running down field for multiple blocks as the computer runs through the open field.

Okay, so really you simplify one aspect of the game to make a dramatic increase in another? Now, by the time your back has gotten to the line of scrimmage you have controled three players? You start off as QB, switch to the blocker, then to the RB? I hope this is optional and that run blocking is made more efficent because this is just too much. I personally find it difficult to switch controls when they move from one POV to the other (like with a Int) too quickly, and doing it with three players sounds too complicated. Although, I wouldn't mind having more control over KR blockers since most of the time they don't do their job and just let the CPU come right to me.

I hope so, because I get tired of either being stuffed at the line or picking up a first down. It isn't football like that.

This year, you'll be able to create a Super Star who plays a specfic postion- from lineman to defensive back. Moreover, you'll play each game using selectable views, all focused from your Super Star's position on the field, and the right analog stick will be tuned to fire off moves specific for whichever position you play, including the line. You'll also have an ultimate goal this year: to become enshrined in the NFL Hall of Fame!

I could care less, give this it's own game and let me play football. I don't want that POV crap, it's been tested and it failed, F' it.

I maintain that the best thing they should do is just get the best possible gameplay for the in-field football they can. Once you have that you can add in all the BS extras you want, but just make the game the best sim you can. Every year they tweek it with imperfect additions and add a goofy mode like Superstar or Agent or Groupie Chick that detracts from the quality of the rest of the game. Just get the physics right and worry about the glitz later.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users