NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Cleared In Pats' Tampering Charges - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

9:30Am Jets vs Fish over in England. U wot m8?
Smedsthejet Icon : (27 September 2015 - 03:25 PM) That was ugly
Smedsthejet Icon : (27 September 2015 - 03:26 PM) Hopefully the team can put on a better show next week in London!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 04:06 PM) the only positive is that the loss was to a NON conference team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 04:06 PM) but that was such a hard game to watch with the O being non-existent for 3/4 of the game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 04:07 PM) and WTF was Marshall thinking when he pitched it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 06:22 PM) Time to SQUISH THE FISH in the Land of Fish 'n Chips next Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 06:23 PM) Dolphins got their teeth knocked in by Buffalo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 06:32 PM) Is everyone so embarrassed with this Loss that they aren't bothering logging on?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 September 2015 - 06:32 PM) Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 September 2015 - 07:05 PM) f*** US
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 September 2015 - 07:23 PM) AHHHHHHH the jets are 1-4 when I go see them but the Giants are 4-0 when I see them!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 September 2015 - 07:23 PM) why of why!!!!!!!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 11:07 AM) i was too pissed after the game.
azjetfan Icon : (28 September 2015 - 01:53 PM) I'm not to worried after one loss. The Eagles were mere prepared and just out performed us. They are not the better team. Hopefully this can be a wake up call for us going to play the Phinz.
azjetfan Icon : (28 September 2015 - 01:54 PM) I still see us as a 9-10 win team. Us making the playoffs will be dependent on how the wild card shoes up. Pats look amazing so far. Better than last year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 02:17 PM) yeah i think we are still a playoff team. the AFC isn't looking too strong. the pats look by far the best in the NFL bout outside of them, indy, denver, bal, all don't look good.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 02:17 PM) pitt lost ben, could cost them the divison
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 02:18 PM) right now it's den, indy, cincy, and NE to take the divisons and we'll be fighting for WC spots with pitt, oak, buff, and KC. I don't think Oak is good enough to win more then 7 games so us, buff, pitt and KC will be fighting for 2 spots IMO
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 02:28 PM) Steelers could be out with the qb injury. I dont expect him back anytime soon. he is tough though so who knows maybe they will shoot him up with pain killers in the knee and fit him with a steel knee brace. The Raiders dont look bad either and The Chargers have a history of pulling a rabbit out of their a$$ in December.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 02:32 PM) The Raiders may be a question mark but Carr is good and they have a legit rb. The only ones Im counting out right now are the Browns. Titans, Jags, Ravens, Texans, Dolphins in the AFC. to early to tell for the rest of the teams
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 03:09 PM) painkillers and a steel brace
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 03:09 PM) f*** ya
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 03:21 PM) bionic knee, make him robo-ben
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 03:47 PM) Yeah its not likely to happen but I'm pretty sure Ben has wore those steeal knee braces before and played. I'm sure you have seen them. Even a few running backs have used them. They basically only let the knee pivot back and not forward or to the sides. They do limit some range of motion but if its a sprain he can uses a brace and play if he can trot or run at all without damaging it further
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 04:02 PM) I actually have one of those steel pivot braces myself but its older and nowhere advanced as what they where in the NFL. I sprained my knee like 6 or 7 years back and the brace I have is two steel bars connected to a circular steel pivot. One on each side of the brace. Covered in padding that goes completely around the knee. The pad it self is is padded and a stretchable material around the steel and it has steel rung that Velcro straps fit through then strap to the Velcro in front. Its made to wear on bare skin or over pants. On bare skin its more stable but your skin gets raw in just one day. Works so so over pants and doesnt cause the skin to get sore but also the brace moves around some.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 04:08 PM) They actually work really good. My right knee hurt like hell and was limping when I took off the brace but when I wore it most of the pain went away and I could even run with it on as long as I didn't tweak my knee to the sides at all. they work really good but aren't perfect. Just saying that they do help so if Ben has any mobility and can put normal weight on his knee he can play with a brace
azjetfan Icon : (28 September 2015 - 06:54 PM) I see Rob is writing books in the banter again
azjetfan Icon : (28 September 2015 - 06:55 PM) meanwhile the Bears are having a fire sale. Do they have a RT
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 07:05 PM) Well I sure hope he comes back soon. Im screwed. Down to Palmer in a 2 qb active each week money league. Lost Coleman Falcons rb to broken ribs, have Eddie Lacy Banged up. Drafted Gurley as a backup but he isn't playing yet. 4 max rb`s per team So screwed on rbs.Tried to start Crowell didnt work out to well..... 3 max qb`s per team Roethlesburger and Romo are down. started 201 until this week I lost bad. And for the forseeable future my team is f*cked
ROBJETS Icon : (28 September 2015 - 07:06 PM) meant 2-0 until this week now 2-1 and probably going on a losing streak
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 09:03 PM) 1 more game until we get Sheldon Richardson back on the DL, IMO hes our best defensive linemen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 09:04 PM) Ryan Fitzpatrick is awful, constantly underthrowing on the deep passes. WRs would have a step and have to go backwards for it
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 September 2015 - 09:04 PM) Fitzpatrick is a quality backup, but shouldn't be starting for a full season
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 September 2015 - 10:58 AM) I think we need Rich back big time
ROBJETS Icon : (29 September 2015 - 03:41 PM) Yeah we do but the defense took the Eagles offense to lightly as shown by shutting them down after they were up 24-7. We need Decker and Ivory back more. Especially Decker so Marshall isn't double and triple teamed
ROBJETS Icon : (29 September 2015 - 03:42 PM) With Decker back it will open up the run game and screen pass runs more even if we don't have Ivory. After Marshall none of the other Wr's are consistent
ROBJETS Icon : (29 September 2015 - 03:46 PM) And I was right and wrong about Ben . I thought he had a knee brace on before playing qb in the NFL but it apparently was another qb. On NFL Live they say Ben is out estimated 4-6 weeks but he said he will be wearing one of those braces I mentioned and said he never wore one before. As long as he doesn't tweak the knee by lie hits or from sacks he should be fine Abington with a brace when he comes back
ROBJETS Icon : (29 September 2015 - 03:46 PM) Meant low hits
ROBJETS Icon : (29 September 2015 - 03:47 PM) And playing not Abington....damn auto correct on iPad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2015 - 12:15 PM) We should be getting Eric Decker back this week
santana Icon : (01 October 2015 - 07:39 PM) VICK = $$
santana Icon : (01 October 2015 - 10:49 PM) Tucker = $$
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 October 2015 - 11:13 AM) Ivory is full go for this week, big news
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 October 2015 - 11:13 AM) Hopefully Decker can play as well
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 October 2015 - 03:32 PM) We need Decker
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jets Cleared In Pats' Tampering Charges

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

Jets cleared in Pats' tamper case

MIAMI - The Jets were cleared of any wrongdoing in the Deion Branch tampering case, it was revealed yesterday. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made the ruling and informed the Jets and Patriots. New England filed tampering charges in September.

"We are pleased . . . Goodell determined that the Patriots' tampering allegations were completely unfounded, that the Jets' conduct did not violate league policy and, consequently, the Patriots had no basis to claim an injury," the Jets said in a statement.

It started late in the preseason, when the Patriots - in a contract stalemate with the wide receiver - gave Branch permission to work out a trade. The Jets offered the Patriots a second-round pick for the former Super Bowl MVP and negotiated the parameters of a contract with his agent.

The Patriots claimed the Jets poisoned the process by telling Branch's agent the draft-pick compensation they had proposed to New England. Branch wound up being dealt to the Seahawks for a first-round pick. The Patriots were unavailable for comment yesterday.

If the Jets had been found guilty of tampering, they could have been penalized a draft pick. The Branch case is believed to be the crux of the Eric Mangini-Bill Belichick feud.

Originally published on February 2, 2007

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

The Jets did nothing wrong and it's good they've been cleared. The Pats allowed Branch to discuss a contract with other teams and the Jets broke no rules.

#3 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:24 PM

Chalk this one up to Belichick being a douche. They didn't do anything wrong.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users