NYJetsFan.com Forums: Knowshon Asks Darrent Williams Family If He Can Wear #27 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) PARADE FOR RAIL
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) ludogorets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) #PARADEFORRAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Knowshon Asks Darrent Williams Family If He Can Wear #27

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

Williams family OK's Moreno's request
Comment Email Print Share var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Broncos\'%20Moreno%20to%20wear%20No.%2027%20of%20late%20Williams", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4126694", published: "2009-05-02" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com
Archive No. 27 is back in circulation in Denver.

The number was put on hiatus as a tribute to slain cornerback Darrent Williams. The popular Williams, who was 24 at the time of his death, was shot and killed in downtown Denver on Jan. 1, 2007, hours after the team's season ended.

After not being used the past two seasons, the number will be worn by Denver rookie running back Knowshon Moreno.

<h4 class="io-title stathead">AFC West blog</h4> ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The Broncos picked Moreno, out of Georgia, with the 12th choice in last weekend's draft. He is expected to be the starting running back for an offense that may become more run-oriented in the wake of the Jay Cutler trade to Chicago.

Moreno, who wore No. 24 in college (currently worn by All-Pro cornerback Champ Bailey in Denver), asked the Broncos to wear No. 27. The Broncos then called Williams' mother, Rosalind Williams, to ask permission to use the number.

The Williams family called the Broncos back and gave its blessing for Moreno to wear the number -- on one condition.

The family plans to ask Moreno to donate a few hours of his time each month to the Darrent Williams Teen Center, which was opened in a low-income part of Denver last May to honor Williams' memory. Moreno wore the number at the team's minicamp practice Friday.

Moreno conveyed to the Williams family Saturday that he plans to talk to Rosalind Williams about working at the team center and promised he will honor the number.

"We knew that number wasn't going to be on the shelf forever," said Troy Asmus, the Williams family's spokesman. "We would like Knowshon to be part of the community center to help with the growth and maturation of these kids."

#2 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

They had to call Knowshown? Why wouldn't he call them himself before asking and see if it was ok.

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:40 AM

I don't know. Darrent Williams was so loved by the Broncos, I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't have his number permanently retired. He didn't give his life for his country like Pat Tillman did but he was robbed of life before he could even begin to reach his ceiling. Personally, as superstitious as athletes are with their numbers, I wouldn't want the karma associated with that number to hang over me anyway.

#4 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ May 3 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They had to call Knowshown? Why wouldn't he call them himself before asking and see if it was ok.

It says the Broncos called the Williams family. It seems like Knowshon only asked about the number.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users