NYJetsFan.com Forums: Madden 06 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Madden 06

#1 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:28 PM

Sweet moses, the new madden looks hard.

http://www.easports....en06/vision.jsp

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#2 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jun 22 2005, 12:03 PM)
Sweet moses, the new madden looks hard.

http://www.easports....en06/vision.jsp

That Vision Cone is a pretty nice feature...but it still won't mean anything if the CB (whho is lagging 4-5 steps behind the intended receiver) can jump ten feet in the air to bat down a pass.

I'm fed up with the Madden series and its lack of attention to the physics of the game. Skip the radio show, skip the Madden challenge, skip all the frilly lame extras...and get the on-field game to be great. Then, and only then, will I think Madden is a great game.

#3 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:52 PM

go out and buy espn and see how it is. next, buy it after all the nflpa rights are exclusively bought by ea sports. you may not like it, but its what is out there and you act like you have a better alternative. games are games and not videos of real life so calm down there

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Jun 22 2005, 12:17 PM)
That Vision Cone is a pretty nice feature...but it still won't mean anything if the CB (whho is lagging 4-5 steps behind the intended receiver) can jump ten feet in the air to bat down a pass. 

I'm fed up with the Madden series and its lack of attention to the physics of the game.  Skip the radio show, skip the Madden challenge, skip all the frilly lame extras...and get the on-field game to be great.  Then, and only then, will I think Madden is a great game.

I couldn’t agree with you more. 2k5 was the best football game ever, and was way more realistic
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 20 2005, 09:32 AM)
I couldn’t agree with you more. 2k5 was the best football game ever, and was way more realistic

It was more realistic because it was using a realistic channel. ESPN, the world wide leader in sports.

but in 2007, EA got it.

#6 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 20 2005, 10:32 AM)

I wouldnt say more realistic. I mean in that game Michael Bennett could run over Ray Lewis.

#7 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (JetsRock1991 @ Jul 20 2005, 12:45 PM)
I wouldnt say more realistic. I mean in that game Michael Bennett could run over Ray Lewis.

And that almost never happens. Jerome Bettis can break a Ray Lewis tackle because he's a power back.

And I hope a back like Darren Sproles doesn't easily shred Vilma's tackle in Madden 06.

#8 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

all you need to do is hold down triangle or y which ever system you have and you'll lower your shoulders and run over everybody in your way. I was returning punt with Santana Moss and i ran over like 4 poeple and got a Touchdown.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:00 AM

I hope you don’t mean 2k5 because I usually have moss do punts and NEVER (even fully charged up) run anyone over. Certain backs can. LT can’t (I usually use him in a fantasy draft) but shaun alexander can. I put lamont in on short yardage because u can almost always plow the first guy with lamont. It depends on the back speedy agility guys you have to use jukes and spins but string guys use shoulder charge or stiff arm
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

I agree about Madden being a total dissapointment in 2005 with their "supposed" defensive revamping. I mean CB's have WR's covered even when you have a 5 yard lead on them which is impossible in real life I hope you know. I mean they jump up and reach about 15-20 feet in the air which is ridiculous, I mean a QB in the NFL is gonna put it over the WR's shoulder. What pisses me off is there are only 2 types of throws in that game, a lob and a bullet. However, the new one fixes that and now you can actually throw to a receiver in their stride ( i think anyway ). Cause let me tell you something, if you have even a 3 yard lead on a CB you are probably going for 6. However, in that game they always close in on you when the ball is in the air. I dont get, why? how? huh? Dumb, especially since logic tells you that he couldn't keep up in the first place how in the hell do you catch up with the ball in the air and a WR getting the ball in stride? I think that was the problem, they weren't letting the QB's throw over the shoulder in stride to the WR's cause they have the shittiest defensive engine ever. The only good thing about the defense was the hit stick! However, even times that gets really annoying with how people just throw you off without being affected at all by your momentum, like not even getting bounced or anything.

I play Madden ALOT and by ALOT I mean sometimes 8 hours a day, depending on my workload. So I know every little bullshit that game does and I tell you what, it gets outright annoying. Right now I am playing NC-Dub all the time cause I can't wait for the game to come out. That game has some serious problems with HORRIBLE accuracy throws. Like 10 yards off to the left or right which is quite ridiculous considering the level of competition. Anywho, I am done ranting about Madden cause I can go on for a long long long time about it. I should be a tester on EA's team.

#11 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 28 2005, 12:52 PM)
I agree about Madden being a total dissapointment in 2005 with their "supposed" defensive revamping. I mean CB's have WR's covered even when you have a 5 yard lead on them which is impossible in real life I hope you know. I mean they jump up and reach about 15-20 feet in the air which is ridiculous, I mean a QB in the NFL is gonna put it over the WR's shoulder. What pisses me off is there are only 2 types of throws in that game, a lob and a bullet. However, the new one fixes that and now you can actually throw to a receiver in their stride ( i think anyway ). Cause let me tell you something, if you have even a 3 yard lead on a CB you are probably going for 6. However, in that game they always close in on you when the ball is in the air. I dont get, why? how? huh? Dumb, especially since logic tells you that he couldn't keep up in the first place how in the hell do you catch up with the ball in the air and a WR getting the ball in stride? I think that was the problem, they weren't letting the QB's throw over the shoulder in stride to the WR's cause they have the shittiest defensive engine ever. The only good thing about the defense was the hit stick! However, even times that gets really annoying with how people just throw you off without being affected at all by your momentum, like not even getting bounced or anything.

I play Madden ALOT and by ALOT I mean sometimes 8 hours a day, depending on my workload. So I know every little bullshit that game does and I tell you what, it gets outright annoying. Right now I am playing NC-Dub all the time cause I can't wait for the game to come out. That game has some serious problems with HORRIBLE accuracy throws. Like 10 yards off to the left or right which is quite ridiculous considering the level of competition. Anywho, I am done ranting about Madden cause I can go on for a long long long time about it. I should be a tester on EA's team.

They revamped the D by adding the "hit stick" which causes more fumbles and injuries then a regular tackle, more awareness, playmaker defense and vice versa.
They are making the game more realistic. Now they added the "vision cone" and the
"truck stick."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users