NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rented Madden 06 Today... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rented Madden 06 Today...

#1 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:48 AM

I've played two games in franchise mode. One on Pro and one on All pro. So far I don't have much to complain about, at least compared to my old complaints.

I don't think the vision cone is that obtrusive, as you rarely have time in Madden to sit around and scope out your receivers as it is. You really only need to be able to focus on the primary recevier and then the dump off guys. THe presicision passing is still lame though. I don't think it should be pressure sensitive like it is. Just because I flick it a little too hard my QB throws ten yards off? Get real.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll move on up to All-Madden and I'm sure I'll have plenty to be upset about.

Oh, my first moves? Drop Mickens, Trade Donnie Abe, SIgn Law. SIgn Abe. Trade Blaylock for Darren Sproles. Sounds good to me!

#2 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Yay now everyone is using madden as an outlet for their anger. I created a wr thats more of a guard and i just truck stick everyone to release tension.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#3 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:31 PM

I have to say that this game is just as awful as all the rest. There is no sense of reality. NFL Street better recreates the game of football than Madden. I've never seen a fanbase that allows its fandom to be so poor on such a consistent basis.

The biggest joke in video games should be the disparity between All-Pro and All-Madden. THe lowest three settings of difficulty are all so easy you can score in the hundreds, then suddenly you are in a dog fight in every game and every CPU player seems to be a 99 overall charcter. Players with low Kick Power drill 55 yard FGs. Matt Stover booted a 55 yard FG against me that went through the TOP of the post, he could have kicked a 75 one like that. And I know he isn't a poor kicker, but no one drills 55 yarders. The Ravens broke 4 rushing TDs of over 50 FGs, all of which included at least 3 broken tackles and one of which was by Chester Taylor.

KC stopped every rush attempt in the backfield, regularly hitting Martin as he took the ball. Holmes picked up 15 yards a run going to the outside on every run to the edges. A KC fumble was overturned after review. Guess what? Whatever you want to say Madden 06, your physics are so funky the ball really WAS out of his hands before he hit the ground.

These games suck. There is NO attempt made to even try to represent what actual happens in a football game. Most of the time you shut down the team the first two plays of every set of downs and then they gain a first down on a long third down play. I just think it is amazing how every year the game has some assanine new feature like Sportsstar (Superstar, whichever) that brings nothing to the table and crushing flaws are left in. DBs and LBs make pivot-on-a-dime, 15 foot leaps to knock a well thrown ball down? Seems true to life to me. Ty Law can't cover an under-80 overall receiver? Happens here folks.

Screw Madden and screw the developers for these games. THey are plain rotten and only mass advertising and monopolizing of rights allows this BS to happen. In a real world of honest game ratings this wouldn't be worth a 5. I don't even think it is the worst of the Maddens, I think it is just another turd in the line.

How come every run play I call the game autibles and brings every single defensive player to the line? How come that never happens on Play-Actions? Suspicious? No! That is how Madden is. Madden Cards are what they put in to counter lousy development and poor gameplay. Need to start playing better to keep up with the game? Play the 75% fumble card or the FG From Anywhere card!

99% of video games in the market today wouldn't hold up to a real comparison of ET for the Atari. I own that game and whatever EGM wants to say about it being the worst game ever, at least it isn't based in reality. I never said, "danm it! ET wouldn't get stuck in a hole like this in real life..."

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:48 AM

2k5 was the best new gen football game ever. It was more realitic then madden but still allowed a high power offense but the DBs were more realitic. Madden has a lot of issues. I won’t say them cause u covered most of them already. I just wish I had my 2k still. Oh and mcnabb is hurt right now and might not play. Maybe there is a madden curse? All the 2k cover guys had great years except for sapp.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Sep 28 2005, 12:06 AM)
I have to say that this game is just as awful as all the rest.  There is no sense of reality.  NFL Street better recreates the game of football than Madden.  I've never seen a fanbase that allows its fandom to be so poor on such a consistent basis.

The biggest joke in video games should be the disparity between All-Pro and All-Madden.  THe lowest three settings of difficulty are all so easy you can score in the hundreds, then suddenly you are in a dog fight in every game and every CPU player seems to be a 99 overall charcter.  Players with low Kick Power drill 55 yard FGs.  Matt Stover booted a 55 yard FG against me that went through the TOP of the post, he could have kicked a 75 one like that.  And I know he isn't a poor kicker, but no one drills 55 yarders.  The Ravens broke 4 rushing TDs of over 50 FGs, all of which included at least 3 broken tackles and one of which was by Chester Taylor.

KC stopped every rush attempt in the backfield, regularly hitting Martin as he took the ball.  Holmes picked up 15 yards a run going to the outside on every run to the edges.  A KC fumble was overturned after review.  Guess what?  Whatever you want to say Madden 06, your physics are so funky the ball really WAS out of his hands before he hit the ground.
These games suck.  There is NO attempt made to even try to represent what actual happens in a football game.  Most of the time you shut down the team the first two plays of every set of downs and then they gain a first down on a long third down play.  I just think it is amazing how every year the game has some assanine new feature like Sportsstar (Superstar, whichever) that brings nothing to the table and crushing flaws are left in.  DBs and LBs make pivot-on-a-dime, 15 foot leaps to knock a well thrown ball down?  Seems true to life to me.  Ty Law can't cover an under-80 overall receiver?  Happens here folks.

Screw Madden and screw the developers for these games.  THey are plain rotten and only mass advertising and monopolizing of rights allows this BS to happen.  In a real world of honest game ratings this wouldn't be worth a 5.  I don't even think it is the worst of the Maddens, I think it is just another turd in the line.

How come every run play I call the game autibles and brings every single defensive player to the line?  How come that never happens on Play-Actions?  Suspicious?  No!  That is how Madden is.  Madden Cards are what they put in to counter lousy development and poor gameplay.  Need to start playing better to keep up with the game?  Play the 75% fumble card or the FG From Anywhere card!

99% of video games in the market today wouldn't hold up to a real comparison of ET for the Atari.  I own that game and whatever EGM wants to say about it being the worst game ever, at least it isn't based in reality.  I never said, "danm it!  ET wouldn't get stuck in a hole like this in real life..."

I know. Although I love madden ur playing on All Pro and its normal. But u switch it to all madden and all of a sudden their team is perfect and urs sucks. Dropped passes all the time. And u nailed it on the head with the 15 foot leaps. That is my absoulte pet peeve about madden. I was hoping to god they didnt include it in 06 but they did. They will be at the 20 u will be at the 30 and they will jump like 10 feet in the air and stretch their arm 10 more feet in the air and bad it down. But I stilol play it all the time.LOL

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 28 September 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (JetsRock1991 @ Sep 28 2005, 12:22 PM)
I know. Although I love madden ur playing on All Pro and its normal. But u switch it to all madden and all of a sudden their team is perfect and urs sucks. Dropped passes all the time. And u nailed it on the head with the 15 foot leaps. That is my absoulte pet peeve about madden. I was hoping to god they didnt include it in 06 but they did. They will be at the 20 u will be at the 30 and they will jump like 10 feet in the air and stretch their arm 10 more feet in the air and bad it down. But I stilol play it all the time.LOL

I was used to the 48" verticals, but I think it has gotten worse. Here is what happend to me last night:

I had Coles open going to the outside. He had a CB behind him and was cutting out, so I Precision Passed it towards the sideline. A LB was running away from the line to get on Baker who was running a streak down the seam closest to Coles. As soon as the ball left Pennington's hand, he stopped on a dime, spun, and leaped four to five yards and intercepted the ball with a one hand pull in and took the ball 30 yards for a TD. He couldn't have even known I had thrown the ball with his back to me.

I also don't like that the game still stands facing backwards when they do Play Action. No QB fakes a handoff and then just stands there staring into space for a couple seconds. It fools me too, and I should be able to tell when he is doing it,

I spend most of my Madden time trying to balance out playing on All-Pro and adjusting the AI settings so that the games are competative. All-Madden is just boring. You can win, but you have to play so goofy it isn't like real football at all.

#7 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:10 PM

i know. Its cheap u will throw a ball to somebody being covered by 1 guy and the second the ball leaves ur hand all the DBs abd LBS automatically start running to the reciever even if they werent eveni looking at u.

#8 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:13 PM

Also have u noticed on all madden their vision cone can be facing one way and they can complete a perfect pass on the other side of the field but if urs is a tad bit off it will be intercepted most likely.

#9 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:15 PM

I've been getting by prety well on All-Pro and cranking up the CPU's AI. I still ahve won every game, but they have been closer and I actually had a couple scares. If the Jets weren't a good team in the game and there weren't a ton of injuries to everyone else I might have even lost to the Bucs.

To me, ALL-Madden is just cheap and pointless, for teh examples we've named and others. All-Pro the game actuall plays like a real football team, they just don't play well. EA really needs a difficulty between those two and the game would be much improved.

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:58 AM

Well gentlemen I understand all the complaints and it's really *beep*ing annoying to play that game. I play alot online and never play against the comp because it's just not fun they get obliviated and it's just not fun. I have to agree that those verts are to much.

When I play online and lets say I'm playing a guy that picks the Chargers I know that the ball is going to Gates up high all day and it's impossible to stop the only way is to prey that he misses. His guy won't even look him off, his clone will be on him the whole time and i'm shadowing him with Rhodes and one of my LB's are playing man coverage on him. He will catch it in double and triple teams likes it nothing and that's ridiculous. Gates,Gonzales,Moss,T.O, and their are a slew of more players that are just constenly money and thats not how it should be.

Only online players will witness this, When the opposing player throws a deep bomb and their is no saftey help you turn into your reciever while the ball is in the air and you can move all around and the comp will follow exactly the way you move, then they cut hard left or right to make the catch and it's impossible to stop unless you controll your DB to make the play and sometimes you can't even do that because by the time you turn into your guy he opposing player has got you to far away from the ball for you to even turn into the DB to make a play. WHAT THE *beep* IS THAT???

Sometimes when you play zone your DB will just stand there in his coverage and not moving giving the green light for him to pass the ball to a wide open reciever.

Another thing that sucks is Chads ARM.LOL. He can't throw the deep ball which is true but god damn it's like you can't spread the defense with him. If you try passing bombs with Vick,Brady even anthony wright they will throw like 70 yards and thats through the air. Not to mention that in online play they make Chads durability shit. We know he's had a wrist problem and a shoulder problem but in this game you almost get hit eveytime you throw the ball. Once in every 3 games Chad will get injured and out for the game. Just the other night I played a guy that knocked out Chad and Fiedler it was like DEJA VU. Then I had no chice but to start brooks and this all happened in the first half but thank god I can run the football well. I won that game.

Man I can go on for ever. If you want a first down do a hook to J. MAC and put the ball high it's money in the bank.

my record online is 85 wins and 40 losses i have ran back 1 kickoff in all my games. I have never even came close to running back a punt.{NOT EVEN CLOSE}
Also if you are receiving a punt and you call punt return middle you will get nowheres. You have to pick LEFT or Right to even have a chance and even then your at a 95 percent failure rate.

I really can't stand people who play in dime and quarters all game and stop the run. If you think it's bad in this game it was worse in 2004. Although i have to admit it has gotten slightly better but even still people can stop the run in quarters. You will have a better chance runnig the ball in a 3 or 4 wide set then you will in a 2 receiver sets VS quarter defenses. Sometimes depending on the defense your up against you can run in a BIG formation Thats 1 reciever 2TE's a FB and HB and some how they will get in there and you only gain 1 or 2 yards or sometimes even a loss of yards. It's SOOOOOOO ridiculous.

And to top everthing off there is a punt glitch back in this game like their was in 04. After EA swore up and down that they "debugged" everything. YEA MY ASS.

End of rant ,thanks for listening. I have more but I will not bore you guys to death. drinks.gif

By the way I still play all the time just because I have an insane passion for football and frankly I've never gave any other football game a real chance. I don't know anything else but madden. I have really never played 2K5 but I'm thinking I might have to rent it and play it just to see the comparison and jetsfan115 is talking about.

Here's my game info.... http://www.easports....nt&platform=xbl

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:06 AM

I got another stupid madden error.

If you move your kick returner at all (and don’t let the computer control him to get the ball he won’t catch it. u have to move out of the way. if u satnd in the circle where the ball will fall your guy will muff it 100% of the time. Whats up with that. and as far as 2k5 its probably only like 10 bucks. Maybe cheaper for a used copy. It was only 20$ brand new so check oiut a local game stop and see if they have a used copy for cheap in the bargain bins. Trust me its worth it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:12 PM

True about CHad's arm. He has a 86 arm strength rating (I think 86) but I don't think he gets credit for much more than 80. When I played KC they beat me because they scored some early and I had to throw a lot more and CHad underthrew half the balls, anything over 20 yards was out of range for him.

What is the punting glitch and is it only on-line? I know your teammates don't block on punt returns still, which has been true for every Madden I can remember.

The stores in my town sell Madden 05 used for $9.99, so a used 2k5 might be "Free With Purchase."

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Sep 30 2005, 06:47 PM)
True about CHad's arm.  He has a 86 arm strength rating (I think 86) but I don't think he gets credit for much more than 80.  When I played KC they beat me because they scored some early and I had to throw a lot more and CHad underthrew half the balls, anything over 20 yards was out of range for him.

What is the punting glitch and is it only on-line?  I know your teammates don't block on punt returns still, which has been true for every Madden I can remember.

The stores in my town sell Madden 05 used for $9.99, so a used 2k5 might be "Free With Purchase."

Their is a small bug, well a rather big one actually. What you do is you pick punt block{when your playing online or against opponents} you take the to outside guys and keep keep switching the highlighter back and forth for the outside guy on punt return and the guy closest to him on his inside. You will be able to tell when the other play snaps the ball becasue you won't be able to move your highlighter back and forth for a couple seconds. As soon as this happeneds you can burst him off the line and cause a punt block every single time. I'm not sure if It can be done against the computer.

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:24 AM

wow do i have some gripes now. i haven't played madden against the comp or that much reall. i've played maybe 15 games tops. so i try franchise and all pro and they make u throw a INT every time in the red zone. or u get tackled in the back field. i hate it. this game pisses me off. coles sucks. j-mac makes great catches then drops easy ones. i'm gonna play another game noe cause i'm pissed
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Oct 2 2005, 01:59 AM)
wow do i have some gripes now. i haven't played madden against the comp or that much reall. i've played maybe 15 games tops. so i try franchise and all pro and they make u throw a INT every time in the red zone. or u get tackled in the back field. i hate it. this game pisses me off. coles sucks. j-mac makes great catches then  drops easy ones. i'm gonna play another game noe cause i'm pissed

Defenses really seem to buckle down in the red zone in the new game. Nugent has a ton of FGs in my game. Which is fine, because he is awsome. He is something like 4-5 from 50-and-out and 35/36 overall, but since I missed an XP (yeah, ha ha) they don't have him as the best kicker in the yearly awards.

By the way, I went and got a new controller...I don't know what happened but both of my controllers were to blame for that crap I mentioned. I'm not sure why, they both worked fine just a few weeks ago. But oh well.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:27 PM

i hit a 55 yards FG with nugent (on all pro) but missed a FG
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Oct 2 2005, 12:02 PM)
i hit a 55 yards FG with nugent (on all pro) but missed a FG

I bumped the human AI kick power down becuas I was something like 7/8 from 50+ and I thought it was a little unfair. I still got one, but it was close.

I just finished the season (I Simmed the last three games and a playoff game where I lost...BS). I'm going to rent NCAA 06 tomorrow and sim the season just to upload the draft class.

I have a question for anyone who has imported before though. Is there a limit to how many times you can? That is to say, if I play through the 05-06 season in both games, then import the college players into the NFL Draft, can I then play through the 06-07 season and import that class too? Or is it just a one time thing? Thanks if anyone knows.

#18 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

I did kick a 70 yard Field Goal with Nugent... when I did that, I figured it was time to tweak the AI.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users