NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Official STFU About the Pats Thread! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 10:53 AM) Zzzzzz
azjetfan Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:10 AM) Cooper would be great but who is throwing him the ball?
Chaos Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:33 AM) If the Jets can't land Mariota or Winston, they're going to have to draft someone. Why not a potential #1 WR?
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 AM) Get cooper trade for cutler
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:19 PM) We won't get cooper, not every team needs a qb in front of us
Jetsman05 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:27 PM) Lol cutler??
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:28 PM) Maybe Winston slips as bit
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:31 PM) Lol <insert name here>??
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:32 PM) Lol milber??
Jetsman05 Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:35 PM) What is a milber
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 12:36 PM) milber is love milber is life
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 07:25 PM) Espn trashing saints defense like geno is playing on it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:26 PM) pssssst Santana........MGG FOR MOD IN 15
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Official STFU About the Pats Thread! ... And Brady vs Manning

#61 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (triple3s @ Mar 15 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but there is something that the stats and things don't show. And that is how Brady is clutch and brings his teams from behind so many times in last minute drives to win. and Peyton has yet to do that.

only thing really is brady has done it in the superbowl, when factors out of their control have swung their way (kasay kicking out of bounds etc). And peyton manning has never led his team from behind?? A you nuts? remember the tampa game a few years ago?? remember the AFC conference game a couple of months ago??? remember the jets game last year?? Peyton is a freak on the field and brady is only comparable cos his team, not brady have won more superbowls, the fact is noone compares to peyton

scores at halftime: golden boy brady: 21
peyton: 6
scores at 1.40 left: golden boy brady: 34
peyton:31

peyton is just as,if not, he is more deadly with the ball left with under two minutes as brady.

#62 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Mar 14 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only thing really is brady has done it in the superbowl, when factors out of their control have swung their way (kasay kicking out of bounds etc). And peyton manning has never led his team from behind?? A you nuts? remember the tampa game a few years ago?? remember the AFC conference game a couple of months ago??? remember the jets game last year?? Peyton is a freak on the field and brady is only comparable cos his team, not brady have won more superbowls, the fact is noone compares to peyton

scores at halftime: golden boy brady: 21
peyton: 6
scores at 1.40 left: golden boy brady: 34
peyton:31

peyton is just as,if not, he is more deadly with the ball left with under two minutes as brady.

I said in BIG GAMES. peyton has not been great in the playoffs. period. I never said he hasn't come from behind or made game winning drives. Brady has been great in the playoffs. period.

#63 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

yeah but the argument is who is the better QB, you cant leave out regular season games all together

#64 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah but the argument is who is the better QB, you cant leave out regular season games all together

of course, but the post season is much more important than regular season games. And brady has been good in regular season games. Definitely not as good as manning by any means, but he's been very good still.

but when its clutch time in the playoffs, Brady has been really good, while peyton has not.

so when choosing a QB i'd take a person who will take me to the playoffs(not as dominate as peyton but he almost always gets there) and has been clutch there, then a QB who has been AMAZING int he preseason but unspectacular in post season.

do you kind of see why i say that?

#65 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

WRONG! Peyton Manning is clutch. He lead his team back from a certain defeat in the AFC Championship Game against your beloved Brady and he's also been responsible for one of the most amazing comebacks ever. Please stop arguing this triple3s.

You can't say that the AFC Championship game isn't an important game.

#66 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

Give me Brady any day of the week. Now I don't want it to seem like I think Peyton sucks, because I don't, he is obviously a great Qb. But I love how after two pretty good games in the playoffs many people now are all on his nuts. Just look at how awful he was even this year in the playoffs for the first two games. Against the Ravens it really looked like he had money on the game and was trying to lose it. All you guys who are in love with stats or are just happy to try and vault Manning over Brady be my guest, if I had to pick one guy to start an important game, I'd still take Brady hands down.

#67 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Mar 15 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WRONG! Peyton Manning is clutch. He lead his team back from a certain defeat in the AFC Championship Game against your beloved Brady and he's also been responsible for one of the most amazing comebacks ever. Please stop arguing this triple3s.

You can't say that the AFC Championship game isn't an important game.

1st off you said you were done. we agreed to disagree. I was answering the other persons stuff.

The AFC championship was a great comback. no one every said it was not an important game. I said that peyton has not been clutch in the playoffs. You are picking one game and looking at it. Throughout his career, he has not been good in the playoffs. Yes that was a good championship game, but that was really his only great game. and he even started out pretty bad in that game. I give him alot of credit for coming back in that game and getting them the win. And he played decent in the other games.

Brady has been good throughout his career in the playoffs, in many games. so that's how I can say he's clutch. If you continue to do it, then I can say you are clutch. But Manning has not continued to do that. In fact before this year he was not good in the playoffs. And this year he wasn't even dominate in the playoffs. he was decent.

If you look at both of there regular seasons, its no contest that Peyton is better. But if you look at the playoff history, Brady is much better. And you don't call someone clutch off of one game. and don't say he dominated throughout the playoffs this year, because we all know he didn't.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users