NYJetsFan.com Forums: The O-line Is The Problem......... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The O-line Is The Problem......... BOTTOM LINE.......

#1 User is offline   jetman2327 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

BOTTOM LINE IS....THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS THE PROBLEM. I DONT CARE WHAT QUARTERBACK U HAVE IN THERE THEY ARE GOING TO BE RUNNING FOR THEY'RE LIFE. I THINK VINNY MAY DO WORSE CAUSE HE CANT MOVE. IF YOU WATCHED THE GAMES CHAD WAS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE. GOOD THING BROOKS CAN RUN OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED 20 TIMES. CURTIS MARTIN IS NOT THAT BAD. NO WAY HE AGED THAT MUCH IN 6 MONTHS. GET RID OF FABINI, KENDALL, AND ADRIAN JONES. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. WATCH THE GAMES IF U DONT BELIEVE ME. ANYWAY GUYS WE HAVE WEAPONS BUT THE LINE IS IN TROUBLE. IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW WE WILL NOT WIN ANY GAMES AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ANYTIME SOON. ITS A SAD SAD DAY.

#2 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

What else can I say other then, pass on Leinart, and Reggie Bush and draft D'Brickshaw Ferguson, guys like him do not come very often, so I'd want him on the Jets.

#3 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

Here's my plan for the draft:
First round- Running back
Second round- Offensive lineman
Third round- Quarterback.
But yeah, don't blame chad and Curtis for all of it, put some square on our line's.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#4 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Oct 4 2005, 12:05 AM)
Here's my plan for the draft:
First round- Running back
Second round- Offensive lineman
Third round- Quarterback.
But yeah, don't blame chad and Curtis for all of it, put some square on our line's.

Mine goes a little different

1st - OL
2nd - RB
3rd - QB

But pretty much the same thing in a different order. I never thought I would ever want us to get an offensive lineman so badly, in the first round.

I am not blaming Chad, in fact I am expecting him to be back next season. Curtis too, for another year or two.

I am sorry, but you just do not pass on good Offensive Lineman these days anymore, because only 1 a year that are something come out, and what are the chances that you can get them, well we got a chance to get D'Brickshaw Ferguson and thats who we should draft, this guy is a monster, trust me!

#5 User is offline   ANEWERA Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

The O-Line is definitely the biggest part of our problem. If they were better, we would not be on our 3rd string QB.. It's amazing that last season they led the way for the NFL's leading rusher and helped our QB lead our team to a missed FG away from the AFC championship game. I don't think there is anything that we can do this year other than schemes and stunts. Next year our #1` must be a monster offensive lineman. Without him, what good would it be to draft a RB or QB first. The OL must be a solid unit before you can run or pass.

#6 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (ANEWERA @ Oct 4 2005, 12:21 AM)
The O-Line is definitely the biggest part of our problem.  If they were better, we would not be on our 3rd string QB.. It's amazing that last season they led the way for the NFL's leading rusher and helped our QB lead our team to a missed FG away from the AFC championship game.  I don't think there is anything that we can do this year other than schemes and stunts.  Next year our #1` must be a monster offensive lineman.  Without him, what good would it be to draft a RB or QB first.  The OL must be a solid unit before you can run or pass.

Every thing you said about the offensive lineman describes D'Brickshaw Ferguson. I want this guy in a Jets jersey next year.

#7 User is offline   tpony Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

jetman2327 you are so right the oline sucks, i had that feeling the oline was going to be a problem going into the season. the jets managment took the oline for granted and it shows. chad would have done better with good protection, the jets qb's are getting killed and curtis has no room to run .all you jets fan wake up it's not all chad or herm or curtis or the receivers falt, with out protection the jets offence can't do sh#t. curtis said it rite , it doesnt matter who the qb is it till wont get better.

#8 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

once i saw this topic i said to myself thats cpt. obvisous we need OT first round no matter what its a most than RB in the 2nd than 3rd another O line

IPB Image

#9 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (jetman2327 @ Oct 3 2005, 06:29 PM)
BOTTOM LINE IS....THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS THE PROBLEM. I DONT CARE WHAT QUARTERBACK U HAVE IN THERE THEY ARE GOING TO BE RUNNING FOR THEY'RE LIFE. I THINK VINNY MAY DO WORSE CAUSE HE CANT MOVE. IF YOU WATCHED THE GAMES CHAD WAS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE. GOOD THING BROOKS CAN RUN OR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED 20 TIMES. CURTIS MARTIN IS NOT THAT BAD. NO WAY HE AGED THAT MUCH IN 6 MONTHS. GET RID OF FABINI, KENDALL, AND ADRIAN JONES. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. WATCH THE GAMES IF U DONT BELIEVE ME. ANYWAY GUYS WE HAVE WEAPONS BUT THE LINE IS IN TROUBLE. IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW WE WILL NOT WIN ANY GAMES AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ANYTIME SOON. ITS A SAD SAD DAY.

I agree with some of what you said. yeah the oline has not played great but it hasn't been just them. chad has held on to the ball too long and so did brooks yesterday. they gave them time and they just kept the ball too long. our oline is not built to hold people that long. and curtis has not been good either. on the plays sunday when we were on the 1 yard line the first time. curtis ran right into the back of the offensive lineman when he could have hit the hole. you say that theres no way that curtis has got that bad in 6 months. well I can say the same thing about the oline. there's no way fabini mawae kendal and moore got that bad in 6 months. curtis is done. time to move on. no one wants to admit it but its true. the only reason he did so well last year was because the oline was amazing and brickhand becht was a good blocker. McKenzie helped also. so the oline isn't the whole problem. QB's stop holding the ball. curtis has his own issues.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

fabini sucked last year too. and we had becht helong out and he was a really good blocker
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

even if fabini sucked last year. curtis still ran for 1600. so if he sucks this year why is he rushing for 30

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Fabini didn't suck last year, he actually played pretty solid on that line. The year before he was terrible though.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

theres nothing we can do about it now, just gotta tough it out this year and make the best of it and adress the LINE early and often next off season

IPB Image

#14 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

and im talking early as if dbrick n leinart is still on the board take dbrick

IPB Image

#15 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (triple3s @ Oct 4 2005, 06:30 PM)
even if fabini sucked last year. curtis still ran for 1600. so if he sucks this year why is he rushing for 30

Because we changed offenses? Because we let our best blocking TE go and signed a below average one? Because of troubles at QB? Because of a lost LT?

Or yes, Martin is just too old. Maybe he would play better in a motorized wheelchair...

#16 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

i dont see how he improved his speed in the off season either

IPB Image

#17 User is offline   bigrob142 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:football, all sports and girls<br />love the jets, nets, yanks, and devils!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

wait u guys have to be *beep*in kiddin me? the o lin eis the problem? def not. there fine. the only prob is that the temas were facing can afford to put 8 or 9 men in the box because they know our qbs cant throw downfeild!!!

#18 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

it doesnt help our oline rolling all over ther field like there in dandy lion heaven

IPB Image

#19 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:10 PM

great post. i especially agree with the "CURTIS MARTIN IS NOT THAT BAD. NO WAY HE AGED THAT MUCH IN 6 MONTHS."

i hope that chad can return and start next year. it will help us with the cap and with the amount of players we'll need to draft. if chad can return we wont need a qb. i think we should get the best olineman out there in the first and maybe even the second. just get it over with so we don't have to *beep* around anymore.

if you guys want to see a good oline then watch the eagles oline at work. a guy named andrews is their right guard and he was picked up by the eagles in the first round of the '04 draft. someone fell on his leg the first game of last season so he was out last year but this year he's unbelievable. i was watching the eagles/niners game and i couldn't believe what i saw. usually the 4 dlineman go up against the ots and guards. andrews is so good that the niner dline didn't even bother trying to rush him the whole game. the left de and left dt of the niners kept on rushing the right ot and the center of the eagles leaving andrews alone to look for someone to block. this happened just about every play too. when you have that strong of an oline the defense wont even try to blitz. they know that their time is better spent trying to disrupt the pass at the reciever and not the qb. i think that mawae and moore are the only guys that are playing top notch ball at this point. people blitz us so much because we cant stop them. if we could stop them we would burn them downfield and then they'd stop doing it so much.

#20 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

the problem is that the jets did horrible in the draft. instead of getting adam terry they got nugent. and nugent slips and falls on 30 yard field goal attempts. and also he kicks kickoffs to the 20 yard line. and he kicks them out of bounds

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users