NYJetsFan.com Forums: Who Did U Add In The Offseason? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who Did U Add In The Offseason?

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:12 AM

of our mock drfat.

i am the eagles and i added

1st round - chad jackson the big fast WR threat the eagles need.
2nd round - Daryl Tapp DE/OLB the eagles need to better their pass rush and this hybrid terell suggs type player is just the man to do it

3rd round- traded to the texans for D.davis.

so in turn i upgraded the offense hugly by giving me an every down back who can run between the tackles and help keep westbrook healthy and even allow me to put both on the field with westbrook out at WR also added a big strong playmaker (who ran 4.34) WR in chad jackson. so i agve mcnabb 2 weopens.

also for the defense the eagles have a great secondary but need to get more pressure on the QB. they added howard so now have howard and kearse at DE so i drafted tapp who can be a pass rushing OLB and pplay DE to give the othr guys rest. also will allow the eagles to run a 3-4 thanks to his versatility.

what do u guys think?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:32 AM

Im the Cowboys and took two players to fill needs and infuse youth at DT and OT.

In the 1st I took Brodrick Bunkley to give the 'Boys some youth up front. Hes not that big for a 3-4 NT but his scouting reports says he is extremely strong and won't get pushed about and he is quick at getting into the backfield

In round 2 I took Daryn Colledge an OT from Boise State. He was a bit of a reach but is an upgrade over Rob Petitti on the right side

#3 User is offline   Harrier Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

I am the Vikings.

If Cutler made it to me then I would have taken him but he didnt so I stuck to my plan of:

Linebacker
Guard
and I completely forgot I had the fins 2nd rounder because of Daunte I should have taken a corner here.

I added Chad Greenway who is a leader something I feel the Vikings lack. Then Max-Jean Giles which completes a now solid O-line.
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Jacksonville Jaguars

I traded up to number 10 overall with the intention of taking Vernon Davis...but he was taken by the 49er's. But because of the complications of this draft and people not participating...I couldn't move up to where I want and I couldn't wait to trade up...so I had to make a guess ahead of time...oh well.

Instead, I took Ernie Sims from FSU, he is a playmaking OLB the team needed after losing Akin Ayodele in FA.

In the second, I nabbed Marcedes Lewis, TE out of UCLA, to give Leftwich another weapon and to replace Kyle Brady...we all know big ol' Kyle Brady don't we!? haha...
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

In the first, I trade my first and second to the Jags (HurricaneJet32) and got his first, second, foruth, and OT Khalif Barnes.
I then traded WR Byrant Johnson and a 4th to the Bucs for a second.
So at 28, I nabbed DE Mathias Kiwanuka, then in round 2, I got QB Brodie Croyle and TE Anthony Fasano back to back.
The Cardians need to generate some pass rush since 2003 first round pick DE Calvin Pace has been a bust, so I figured that they'd need a more sure pass rusher coming out of college (Pace had easy competition).
Croyle was added to compete for Warner and be a potential future QB, while Fasano was taken since the Cardinals have no TEs what-so-ever.
I added Barnes to compliemnt Leonard Davis and help Edge and whoever is the QB find running and passing lanes.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:36 AM

I drafted Justice with my first pick and Claude Wrotten with my second. Both fill needs, although I had intended with the second pick to get a hybrid DE/OLB because Crennel could use that sort of player. Unfortunaly, a lot of DEs and OLBs went right before my pick and it took a lot of value from the position. Wrotten filled another need though, so I didn't mind.

The Browns have a lot of young skill posiiton players who need a chance to really prove themselves (Frisman Jackson, Edwards, Winslow, Frye, maybe Suggs) and some vets who can produce if given the chance (Droughns, Dilfer) so even thought they added some OLinemen in FA, I wanted another big guy to help really strengthen the unit so the "kids" could get their opportunities. Some people question his charcter, but he's just a early twenty kid with a few marks against him and I think the positive role models and coaching staff in Cleveland is more than capable of helping him mature as a person and player.

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Apr 12 2006, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drafted Justice with my first pick and Claude Wrotten with my second. Both fill needs, although I had intended with the second pick to get a hybrid DE/OLB because Crennel could use that sort of player. Unfortunaly, a lot of DEs and OLBs went right before my pick and it took a lot of value from the position. Wrotten filled another need though, so I didn't mind.

The Browns have a lot of young skill posiiton players who need a chance to really prove themselves (Frisman Jackson, Edwards, Winslow, Frye, maybe Suggs) and some vets who can produce if given the chance (Droughns, Dilfer) so even thought they added some OLinemen in FA, I wanted another big guy to help really strengthen the unit so the "kids" could get their opportunities. Some people question his charcter, but he's just a early twenty kid with a few marks against him and I think the positive role models and coaching staff in Cleveland is more than capable of helping him mature as a person and player.

I agree with you on the Browns...I think they have the chance to be quite the amazing team next year. If Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards come back from injury full strength they should prove to be an absolutely amazing recieving combo...truely...they both have the ability to be the premier players in their respective positions.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Green'n'WhiteUK Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

Chargers looking at improving the secondary and getting a WR. I figured that there was enough depth in the 1st round and decided to trade down. So traded 1st (#19) & 3rd (81) for the bears 1st (26) & 2nd (57). I was hoping to get my CB in R1 either Crom or Hill but both were gone. Thought about Bing but hoped in drop in R2 and got a little bit (ok alot) of luck.

#26 Sinorice Moss of Miami WR
#50 Darnell Bing of USC S
#57 Kely Jennings of Miami CB

Not bad imho but not great but then I know bugger all bout College ball.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:59 PM

Im the Bears, I traded my First and 2nd round pick for the Chargers 1st and 3rd round pick.
I selected Tye Hill from Clemson with my first pick, And we didnt do the 3rd round yet and i have 2 picks in that.
Tye Hill will upgrade the bears Corners who got torched by steve Smith last year. Charles Tillmen was degressing.
I would of selected Santonio Holmes if he was there.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Green'n'WhiteUK Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Apr 14 2006, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im the Bears, I traded my First and 2nd round pick for the Chargers 1st and 3rd round pick.
I selected Tye Hill from Clemson with my first pick, And we didnt do the 3rd round yet and i have 2 picks in that.
Tye Hill will upgrade the bears Corners who got torched by steve Smith last year. Charles Tillmen was degressing.
I would of selected Santonio Holmes if he was there.

I had to laugh when you drafted Hill with my pick cos thats who I was after!!! blowup.gif

#11 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Apr 12 2006, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you on the Browns...I think they have the chance to be quite the amazing team next year. If Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards come back from injury full strength they should prove to be an absolutely amazing recieving combo...truely...they both have the ability to be the premier players in their respective positions.

If Palmer comes back as quickly as some reports have said and Baltimore comes anywhere close to finally living up to expectations, the AFC North will be by far the best division in football. Coming in fourth last year wasn't anything to feel bad about, and I think three teams could be real playoff contenders this year.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users