NYJetsFan.com Forums: Barlow Really Wants To Play For Mangini - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Barlow Really Wants To Play For Mangini read my thought's below this article

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

Jets: Barlow wants to be part of Mangini era
Friday, January 12, 2007
BY DAVE HUTCHINSON
Star-Ledger Staff
Jets running back Kevan Barlow is hoping to get a second chance to make a first impression next season.

Barlow, a former 1,000-yard rusher with the 49ers, was obtained three weeks before this season started and never really gained his footing. He rushed for a career-low 370 yards on 131 carries (2.8-yard average) but had six touchdowns. He was inactive four of the last five games.

Late in the season, he revealed that after undergoing knee surgery last May he felt like he was playing on "one leg" all season.

"Last year was a learning experience," Barlow told The Star-Ledger this week. "I got traded just before the season and that was tough. I was playing under my fifth offensive coordinator in five years.

"I know I can play in this league. I really want to come back and play for a coach like Eric Mangini. He's going to be a great coach in this league and I want to be a part of it. He treated me great. I not only loved playing for him but I also liked him as a person. He's very sincere, very genuine. He's a man of his word."

As the Jets try to shore up their running back situation, they might have the answer in Barlow as the complement to Leon Washington, who ran for 650 yards and four TDs as a rookie. It appears the Jets will keep either Barlow or Cedric Houston (374 yards, five TDs), but not both.

The unrestricted free-agent running back class is said to be thin this year. And the Chargers are expected to put a first-round tender on restricted free-agent running back Michael Turner -- meaning any team that signs him to an offer sheet must give up a first-round pick if San Diego doesn't match.

As a result, it's unlikely the Jets would part with a first-rounder for Turner, but they could try to work out a trade. Also, they may select a running back in the draft, having a first-round (No. 26) and two second-round selections.

"Kevan did some very positive things for us," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said. "Certainly, the second New England game of the regular season (75 yards, one TD on 17 carries in a 17-14 victory) was productive. He had six rushing touchdowns.

"He did give us a good level of production for the season and now we're going to see what we can do in the future with him."

Barlow, a sixth-year pro, is scheduled to make a base salary of $3.25 million in 2007 and $4 million in 2008. He'll almost certainly have to restructure his contract.

"I'll leave that up to my agent and the organization, but I'm sure something can be worked out," he said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm not so sure what to make of this. We have been so critial of Barlow. The guy flat out didn't play well this year I think he realizes that but here the catch. I really don't want to trade him off or realease him if he was playing on a bum knee this year and watch him tear it up with another team next year because he got healthy during the offseason.

Here's the thing I don't understand. When we acquired him didn't Mangini evaluate him before signing? I don't get why he wasn't fully recouped from the surgery and how he slipped in here if he wasn't.

It would be really nice though to see Keavan get healthy and stay here. I might be all by myself here but I believe the guy when he says "I was running on one leg". Barlow can be a good back. He got 1,300 yards in a RBBC scheme in San Fran. Look at what that would do for us. We would be able to focus on the right side of the Oline and get more defensive players.

I'm really torn here because he's proven he can bang-out a near 1,500 yrd season in a RBBC scheme. He's done it. Do we really want to let him go? He's committed to get healthy and quote "come back a beast next year".

Call me crazy but here's what I want to do.

Release Houston- The reason behind this line of thinking is "if" Barlow is speaking the truth about his knee and how he's going to come back a beast next season then I think we have to keep him. Barlow has proven he can run in a RBBC scheme and chew off yards. Cedric hasn't. And you can't argue that Barlow has a better skill set then Cedric. Ceddy is a hole thumper. He's got NO change of direction or shiftyness he's straight north and south. Barlow possesses some feat's that he can be shifty and a hole thumper but we haven't see it due to a reaggravated knee. Not to mention Barlow had slightly more yards then Cedric did playing on that bum knee. Think about it guys!

Draft a back anyways Draft a back like Marshawn Lynch and make them compete in traning camp or even a Michael Bush just in case Barlow is going to stink it up again.

I just don't want to give the guy away to watch him tear shit up with another team. I hope Tangini plays this smart.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

I guess if we cut Houston or trade him. Then we use Barlow as the goal line back, and we draft Lynch for our feature back, then we use Washington basically the way we used him this year, we can put him at slot WR some times and try to get him the ball, so he can still make plays. Barlow is a pretty good goal line back, atleast he was for us this year.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

trust me the guy is ONLY pleading for his life because he knows what is at stake alright, and if the jets cut him obviously that'll be the end of his career haha seriously he'll probably never get that chance to complete as much as he get as a jets plain obviouse and simple
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (kenxnice @ Jan 12 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha seriously he'll probably never get that chance to complete as much as he get as a jets plain obviouse and simple

You're kidding yourself. Teams like Philly,Minn and list goes on would get and run Barlow. He's still reasonably young and has good years infront of him. You're talking silly talk.

#5 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

no offense to marshawn, hes a great player, but whats with this extreme man-love i feel, why is he the only rb mentioned that the jets should draft. a)hes gonna be picked before the jets pick b)cb or another 3-4 lb are more pressing needs.

#6 User is offline   beanz Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 12 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're kidding yourself. Teams like Philly,Minn and list goes on would get and run Barlow. He's still reasonably young and has good years infront of him. You're talking silly talk.

I dunno man... if you just sucked for a season, I think you'd be singing the same tune as him. I think this is a clear case of him pleading for his life. Besides, what else is he gonna say...

"I suck. I should be cut. No way I come back as a beast next year!"

#7 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

Barlow cost to much to be in a RBBC, Jets brought him here praying he was going to be a feature back and he failed. Barlow cost millions and Houston cost thousands and they are the same player, but Houston gives 100% effort every play. Keep Houston and cut Barlow and Blaylock IMO.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

I have to agree with DDS and beanz though. I guess he would be saying those kinds of things

#9 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

It's surprising to hear Barlow, with his outspoken reputation, saying Mangini treated him great as he deactivated him four of the last five games.
If Barlow can restructure his deal I wouldn't mind having him around as he had a nose for the endzone down near the goalline despite his lack of production on his other carries plus he can carry the pile, something Leon can't do.
At the moment it seems Houston is most expendable considering he is going into his 3rd year and Tannenbaum did invest a 2007 draft pick in Barlow and so Tangini may want to get some value from the Barlow deal.
If anything though RB is a need and one should be targeted in the first two rounds IMO.

#10 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

Houston would've had a much more productive year if he was given carries from the beginning. It wasn't hit fault that his knee was hyper extended and he sat out a few more games than he should have. Barlow showed us nothing this year, and has a rep off one season nearly 3 years ago that was successful. Cedric Houston has shown much more upside. I'm really impartial to both. Either way we go I'll be happy. I think Cedric is better than Barlow though. Let him be as north and south as he wants... Leon'll bounce around and get the D tired.. Cedric'll punch em in the mouth. but f'real.. in games when the run was stalling, Cedric stepped in and broke off 6-7 yard carries effortlessly.

#11 User is offline   te843 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

In my opinion, Peterson and Lynch will not be on the board for when we pick. And as I see it, this is a weak draft for teams looking for a running back. So keep Barlow, Washington, and Houston and cut Blaylock. I don't believe Barlow is our answer but I don't think anyone we would draft at our position is the answer either. Then in 2008, there should be more quality RBs in the draft and there we will find our answer (hopefully).

We can't cut Barlow or Houston without anyone to replace them with. If we did cut them, it's a waste to draft a RB that won't be the answer.

#12 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hey look its Mr. Barlow. crazy.gif sure he wants to play for Mangini now but just wait for Training Camp. Then he'll be Hitler or Saddam.

ich sprechen crazy.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users