NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Broncos Did Their Homework - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Broncos Did Their Homework So much for 13-3...paper champions

#1 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

Some observations about the game:

The Broncos clearly did their homework, studying the film of the New England game. The following is two glaring weaknesses of the Jets:

1. OFFENSE: The Jets perimeter game is lacking. Coles and Cotchery simply CANNOT get separation from corners in one on one coverage. Consequently, Favre has to restrain himself from throwing his beloved go routes because they get picked off EVERYTIME. This deficiency clearly stunts the potential of the rest of the offense. This game is all about mismatches. Other than Keller and Washington, we have a difficult time creating them. Clowney obviously does not have an adequate grasp of the offense or he would be on the field. The Jets love that empty backfield shotgun formation. Teams rarely blitz Favre in this situation. If I was a defensive coordinator, I'd blitz the shit out of him. Why? The Jets don't have a blitz beater outside. In fact, I rarely see a safety roll over to either Coles or Cotchery on go routes.

2. DEFENSE: Contrary to popular belief, you CAN run on the Jets. It must, however, be from the SPREAD formation. The Jets do not have the talent to combat underneath routes run by tight ends and running backs. Once again, we were tortured by slip screens, quick outs and short square in routes. Also, we have a weak pass rush. That's right, you read correctly. The Jets amassed a lot of sacks early in the season via blitzes. They do not have one guy that can get to the quarterback on his own. Ghoulston was suppose to be that guy. He has not produced.

For the past couple of weeks, I kept quiet. After the Tennessee win, I was afraid the Jets would get fat on their recent success. The New York papers barely discussed the Broncos this week. It was all about the playoffs. Bad sign right there.

Now we travel cross country to San Francisco. It will be imperative for the Jets to get up early and ride Jones the whole game. Be worried...be very worried.

#2 User is offline   wildchildsixx Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

You hit the nail on the head Camenzind! I am not feeling too confident about any of the 4 remaining games, i am thinking 2-2 finish, wildcard loss and a return to comfort as a jets fan

#3 User is offline   quintanomedia Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (wildchildsixx @ Nov 30 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You hit the nail on the head Camenzind! I am not feeling too confident about any of the 4 remaining games, i am thinking 2-2 finish, wildcard loss and a return to comfort as a jets fan

agree%100

today brought everyone down to reality as to what this jets tream really is. the denver broncos showed us all what a playoff team looks like. This is what the ny media gets for even thinking they could mention the jets and super bowl in the same sentence.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

You left out the part that our jumbo OLBs can't cover TEs.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Look we can't win them all. I love how all the darksiders rear their ugly heads after a loss.

Why should we be afraid of the 9ners?.. I'm not worried at all. The niners are going to be dealing with a pissed off Jets team. They should be worried. David Harris will be back.. The Pats loss makes this loss more tolerable.

#6 User is offline   titmouse Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 30 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look we can't win them all. I love how all the darksiders rear their ugly heads after a loss.

Why should we be afraid of the 9ners?.. I'm not worried at all. The niners are going to be dealing with a pissed off Jets team. They should be worried. David Harris will be back.. The Pats loss makes this loss more tolerable.

I mostly agree, I don't look past any west coast trip but I think they will get things in order this week, this is their first loss since mid October, the sky is not falling. NO loss is good but I think the timing of this one is.

#7 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 30 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It never changes. When we win, everyone's thinking Super Bowl while complaining that the media's hyping us up too much. And when we lose, everyone's thinking season's over and still complaining about media.

We lost, it happens... winning 7 out of 9 including an overtime win versus a team we can never beat.. as well as beating—wait, no—killing the only undefeated team left [both on the road] isn't a sign we're good?

No, we get beat in a sloppy game and that's it—pack it in!

It doesn't really matter none, we could have won 9 in a row and lost to the Dolphins to end the season, and even if it didn't mean anything I'd be reading a thread that says we're not going anywhere in the playoffs cuz blah, blah, blah.

When this happens I'm really reminded of a guy who goes to the same sports bar as me. When Leon's running a kick back for a TD, or Favre's throwing a 50 yard TD pass, he just sits quietly, almost like hes uninterested.

But as soon as there's a Jets penalty or an Int, this guy's flipping shit like he owns the team. Some people need to invert their attitudes.

We lost to a team that played better than us. Now we need to go to San Fran and play better than another team, and as extremely crazy as it will sound to 75% of the Jets fans out there, I'm going to root for the Jets to succeed, while expecting them to do so at the same time.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif
It never changes, when we win, everyones thinking Superbowl while complaining that the medias hyping us up too much and when we lose, everyone thinking season over and still complaining about media.

We lost, it happens... winning 7 out of 9 inculding a Overtime win vs a team we can never beat as well beating, wait no, killing the only undefeated team leaft[both on the road] isn't a sign were good? No, we get beat in a sloppy game and thats it, pack it in. It doesn't really matter none, we could have won 9 in a row and lost the the Dolphins to end the season and even if it didn't mean anything I'd be reading a thread that says were not going anywhere in the playoffs cuz blah, blah, blah.

When this happens I'm really reminded of a guy who goes to the same sports bar as me. When Leons running a kick back for a TD, or Favres throwing a 50 yrd TD pass, he just sits quietly, almost like hes uninterested. But as soon as theres a Jets penalty or a Int, this guys flipping shit like he owns the team. Some people need to invert their attitudes.

We lost to a team that played better than us, so now we need to go to San Fran and play better than another team, and, as extremely crazy as it will sound to 75% of the Jets fans out there, I'm going to root for the Jets to succeed, while expecting them to do so at the same time.

Good post bro.

#9 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif
It never changes, when we win, everyones thinking Superbowl while complaining that the medias hyping us up too much and when we lose, everyone thinking season over and still complaining about media.

We lost, it happens... winning 7 out of 9 inculding a Overtime win vs a team we can never beat as well beating, wait no, killing the only undefeated team leaft[both on the road] isn't a sign were good? No, we get beat in a sloppy game and thats it, pack it in. It doesn't really matter none, we could have won 9 in a row and lost the the Dolphins to end the season and even if it didn't mean anything I'd be reading a thread that says were not going anywhere in the playoffs cuz blah, blah, blah.

When this happens I'm really reminded of a guy who goes to the same sports bar as me. When Leons running a kick back for a TD, or Favres throwing a 50 yrd TD pass, he just sits quietly, almost like hes uninterested. But as soon as theres a Jets penalty or a Int, this guys flipping shit like he owns the team. Some people need to invert their attitudes.

We lost to a team that played better than us, so now we need to go to San Fran and play better than another team, and, as extremely crazy as it will sound to 75% of the Jets fans out there, I'm going to root for the Jets to succeed, while expecting them to do so at the same time.

drinks.gif Well said!!
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#10 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

Not stressing that much.

1. Weather was a game changer
2. We needed a loss to WAKE UP the team and bring them down a notch....in case they were getting high on themselves
3. David Harris is back next week....should help shore up run D
4. Walked away healthy from a poor condition field
5. Will make us work hard in the next 4 games
6. Pats got the clocked cleaned by Pitt
7. We play San Fran, Seattle & a fading Buffalo at home in the next 3. Will allow us to continue to fine tune
8. While a big weakness was exposed.....how many teams have the likes of a Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Scheffler, & Graham....not many. I am ok with it

Bottom line...we ARE a good team. Just need to refocus for the playoff run. Everyone has a clunker in them...we just had one. No reason to freak....just continue to practice hard and game plan for next week. This team HAS the ability to go far.

#11 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

we didnt match up well with the broncs.

our secondary needs to step it up. those underneath routes murdered us once again.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#12 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Nov 30 2008, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we didnt match up well with the broncs.

our secondary needs to step it up. those underneath routes murdered us once again.

that was pretty much it. i'm imagining we spent a lot of time this week thinking about slowing down the pass. in return, the run game was able to get going against us too.

We're simply a bad team in the secondary.

and people getting mad that we couldn't sack a quarterback that's been sacked the least in the NFL? sometimes something has to give.

There was a Gholston sighting today though.. and his pass rush resulted in a 30+ yard completion on the run. he took a bad angle. But the gloom and doom here is pretty bad. it's kind of why I hate coming to the forums after a game. guaranteed to see some members that had nothing to say when we were winning. that's nothing personal either, Camenzind. I think you're a great member here.

But it's like clock work. People that aren't around all week pop up on Sunday to make a post after an interception, or a loss, or anything negative. it's just not fun.

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Amen @ Nov 30 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it's like clock work. People that aren't around all week pop up on Sunday to make a post after an interception, or a loss, or anything negative. it's just not fun.

Pretty much.. Wheres the love when we stopming the titans and beating the Pats? In back to back games? I'm starting to see a tread as well.

Not stressing that much.

1. Weather was a game changer
2. We needed a loss to WAKE UP the team and bring them down a notch....in case they were getting high on themselves
3. David Harris is back next week....should help shore up run D
4. Walked away healthy from a poor condition field
5. Will make us work hard in the next 4 games
6. Pats got the clocked cleaned by Pitt
7. We play San Fran, Seattle & a fading Buffalo at home in the next 3. Will allow us to continue to fine tune
8. While a big weakness was exposed.....how many teams have the likes of a Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Scheffler, & Graham....not many. I am ok with it

Bottom line...we ARE a good team. Just need to refocus for the playoff run. Everyone has a clunker in them...we just had one. No reason to freak....just continue to practice hard and game plan for next week. This team HAS the ability to go far.

You and I are always on the same page TLJ. I agree 100%.

#14 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Amen @ Dec 1 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I try and keep my bad mouthing to the chatroom myself ((Because hey everyone has to vent dammit!))but honestly after a piss poor performace you are gonna have miserable fans that is clockwork on any team.

We knew our secondary is having problems and it would show this week. It did so I don't see why people are so upset about it. Cutler had a GREAT game with this weather but you could see easy catches dropped on both sides. Just like I had to tell my wife today while she was complaining today: Holy shit woman we already won twice as many games as last season and we are still on the road to the playoffs and a possible division title!

Cheer up Jets fans and get off your high horses! Every team has holes in it and we just got outplayed today. Next week we will tear it up and you will all have to complain about how our prevent defese gave up 21 points to let SF pull within 14! drinks.gif

#15 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (SecondHandJets @ Nov 30 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You left out the part that our jumbo OLBs can't cover TEs.

You guys would not be happy if we went 13-3 every year. In those losses, you would find so many weaknesses it would make you miserable. Bottom line: we played a more determined opponent and don't forget that they get paid too!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users