NYJetsFan.com Forums: Kerry Rhodes Vs Bob Sanders - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Kerry Rhodes Vs Bob Sanders

#1 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Both in my opinion are very good at the FS position. They both are young. And speedy ball hawks. In that case would you rather have Bob or Kerry. Me as most of us i assume would chose Rhodes but maybe some think Sanders is better. It would be cool if we could have Sanders and Rhodes and maybe trade Coleman.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

I would rather have Rhodes, because Sanders is injury prone. And Rhodes is better in coverage and a better blitzer. He gets off the edge faster then Sanders for the sacks. Rhodes is more complete, while Sanders is more of a hard hitting run stuffer. Rhodes is taller also, and can stop the taller WRs and TEs.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 29 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would rather have Rhodes, because Sanders is injury prone. And Rhodes is better in coverage and a better blitzer. He gets off the edge faster then Sanders for the sacks. Rhodes is more complete, while Sanders is more of a hard hitting run stuffer. Rhodes is taller also, and can stop the taller WRs and TEs.

i couldnt have said it any better!

#4 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

I actually think Rhodes has much better instincts and is a surer tackler than Sanders. Rhodes is bigger and stronger and seems to have more field presence than Sanders. I'll take Rhodes anyday, and I'm not just saying that because I;m a Jets fan

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

Rhodes is defintely the next super star at safety.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

it depends what safety position...as a free safety i would love sanders. he immediately makes your run defense good, even if u dont start with much. as a strong safety, definitly rhodes, he's much beter at controlling the whole field, not just the running game, and he gets around faster. he can be deep in coverage and just get to where the ball is

#7 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

sanders does a lot of nice things and he has been a stud for the colts since he came back and might, singlehandedly, be the reason they are in the superbowl.....BUT....the way we use rhodes and will continue to use him i would never trade....i still think mangini has some wrinkles for how to use rhodes now that he has a little more experience and field presence....cant wait to see him next year!!!

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#8 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (ellisjersey92 @ Jan 29 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it depends what safety position...as a free safety i would love sanders. he immediately makes your run defense good, even if u dont start with much. as a strong safety, definitly rhodes, he's much beter at controlling the whole field, not just the running game, and he gets around faster. he can be deep in coverage and just get to where the ball is

I was under the impression, or this is how it was in high school, that FS was a roamer and more pass coverage and last man back position where as SS was first to act in the middle and TE middle routes and what not.

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 29 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sanders does a lot of nice things and he has been a stud for the colts since he came back and might, singlehandedly, be the reason they are in the superbowl.....BUT....the way we use rhodes and will continue to use him i would never trade....i still think mangini has some wrinkles for how to use rhodes now that he has a little more experience and field presence....cant wait to see him next year!!!

Oh i never talked about trading Rhodes hes one of my favorite players. I talked about trading Coleman. It'll be 10 years b4 Mangini gets wrinkles lmao i was just doing some dreaming of having both of the as our safteys

#10 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Jan 29 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh i never talked about trading Rhodes hes one of my favorite players. I talked about trading Coleman. It'll be 10 years b4 Mangini gets wrinkles lmao i was just doing some dreaming of having both of the as our safteys

NO NO NO....i didnt mean "trade" him like trade the colts rhodes for sanders.....i just meant i wouldnt trade off rhodes for sanders since the question...i thought....was who we like better...

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#11 User is offline   Dave Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 29 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think Rhodes has much better instincts and is a surer tackler than Sanders. Rhodes is bigger and stronger and seems to have more field presence than Sanders. I'll take Rhodes anyday, and I'm not just saying that because I;m a Jets fan

That's most important to me. Sanders, like a lot of DBs, misses a lot of tackles going for the huge hit that will get him on "Jacked Up." Rhodes is a really impressive tackler.

#12 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ Jan 29 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's most important to me. Sanders, like a lot of DBs, misses a lot of tackles going for the huge hit that will get him on "Jacked Up." Rhodes is a really impressive tackler.

And its not like he can't step back and plant someone. Ask Maroney if Rhodes is a hard hitter

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 29 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was under the impression, or this is how it was in high school, that FS was a roamer and more pass coverage and last man back position where as SS was first to act in the middle and TE middle routes and what not.

the strong safety plays to the strength of the offensive formation, which is almost always where they have more recievers. this puts them into more of a coverage role while the free safety is "free" to play in run support

#14 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Sanders is not the playmaker Rhodes is, statistically there was no better playmaking safety in the league this year than Rhodes. Kerry is the easy choice for me, with honestly no homerism.

#15 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (ellisjersey92 @ Jan 29 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the strong safety plays to the strength of the offensive formation, which is almost always where they have more recievers. this puts them into more of a coverage role while the free safety is "free" to play in run support

Then why is certain sub-sets does the SS line up closer to the line of scrimmage, or in front of the FS before the snap? I played Safety in high school and I roamed whil the other safety was run and linebacker support, he was SS on the Depth chart.

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

im familiar with the defense i played in high school. also if you look at guys like sanders, lynch and taylor, theyre bigger hitters that play FS

#17 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

I think they are both amazing safeties, Bob Sanders is one of the most instinctive safeties I've seen in awhile and when he plays in the box he makes plays. Kerry Rhodes is a do it all safety he can blitz, drop back into coverage, and come up on the line when needed. I can't choose between the two.

Thanks for the Memories

#18 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

It's funny. I remember being one of the only guys on this site that liked Rhodes over Maddox when we drafted them both. And don't lie fellas, I know who you are.... I think anyway.

Funny that the only knock on the guy was that he wasn't physical enough. People over analyze the players way too much prior to the draft and I think Kerry Rhodes is a prime example of that. Now which one is better.... I'll tell you it's hard to say considering they both play so differently. Sanders is a pro bowl safety who runs faster than Deangelo Hall... that's nice. However, I like Rhodes and I like how the Jets use them.

However I find it nearly impossible and pointless to try and say who's better. It depends on the team at the end of the day and Bob Sanders has his team in the Superbowl because he's a great player and contributes HEAVILY to that defense. Kerry Rhodes played great this season, he disappeared a few games this year but all in all he was the best Safety in the league. This is like comparing apples to oranges. They both taste good, it's just a matter of preference. I love Kerry Rhodes but I think Bob Sanders might be better right now.

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:39 AM

I'd take Rhodes over Sanders. I happen to like Sanders alot but I think Rhodes has a better skill set. Sanders is known for his dominance on the run. Rhodes does it all. He gets picks,blitzes,mans up 1 one 1 and is very good on run support. I think Kerry is the better safety at this point. Not to mention Kerry has started all 32 games and Bob has been injury prone.

#20 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

the only thing that i can say about bob sanders that's better than rhodes is his tackling, not to say rhodes can't tackle in fact he can BUT sanders have been known to stop big guys on the spot but rhode's much better in every other catagory and he's taller
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users