NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ellis Was Credited With A Sack - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ellis Was Credited With A Sack

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

09/17 — When Bryan Thomas was talking with reporters the other day about his fast start out of the box, D-linemate Sione Pouha sat a few lockers to his right saying sotto voce "Sackmaster ... Sackmaster."

"That's not the way I look at it," Thomas told me today about his start.

No, BT is an expressly humble guy who wants to do a good job and help his team. He knows last year's production wasn't up to his 2006 campaign, so he redoubled his efforts this past off-season.

And what has resulted, at least for the first two games of this season, is Sackmaster.

Thomas already has three sacks, after notching just 2.5 all last season. Two of those drops came against Chad Pennington in the opener, and he got No. 3 Sunday vs. New England when, as part of a five-man rush, he got past TE David Thomas (no relation to Bryan, nor to the founder of Wendy's) and grabbed Matt Cassel from behind as the first-time NFL starter was stepping up and away from a mammoth swat from NT Kris Jenkins.

If three sacks in the first two games of the season sounds like a lot for the Jets, well, it is. Thomas is in fact, tied for second place in the NFL, one sack behind former teammate John Abraham, who has four sacks for the Falcons.

And consider this: Abraham, in his six Jets seasons, never got off to the start that Thomas has this year. In fact, the last time a Green & White defender had three sacks after two games, it was DE Shaun Ellis in 2003.

And the last Jet who had more after two games? That would be Mark Gastineau, who had that four-sack game at Indianapolis to open his historic 1984 season.

More Joy of Sacks

As former official Jerry Markbreit might've said, "Upon further review ... "

Upon further review of a play in the Jets-Pats game, Ellis now has two sacks in two games, and the Jets have eight sacks for the season, tied for second in the league with Tennessee, one behind league leader Seattle's nine.

The play in question was Cassel's run down the line of scrimmage midway through the second quarter, at the end of which Ellis got a hold of the Patriots QB's facemask.

The grasp was unfortunate, but it had nothing to do with the play, which was ruled a run for zero yards but, because Cassel motioned as if to pass and then tucked and scrambled, should have been ruled a sack for zero yards. And today Elias Sports Bureau changed that ruling to a sack.

It doesn't take any of the sting out of the Jets' 19-10 defeat. But it did signal an earlier start to the Jets' strong midgame pressure than first recognized. Beginning with that play, Cassel was sacked four times in a span of seven dropbacks.

Ellis, Thomas, et al., will try to keep up their sack pace Monday night against the Chargers and Philip Rivers, who's been dropped only twice so far this season.

http://www.newyorkje...ng-thomas-ellis

So Shaun Ellis has 2 sacks so far. Him getting credit for the sack against the Pats means we are tied in 2nd in sacks this year with the Titans. And the good thing about it is that it is we had 4 sacks against a really good OL in the Pats, and a pretty good OL in Miami.

Were getting to the QB, now we have to force Turn overs, and get our defense off the field!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:01 AM

Even though Thomas admitted to slouching last year, I like his attitude. Last year he was honest about his play, while this year he is showing he is a humble guy.

To be honest he could have reached around for some BS excuse about his play last year, but in the end was honest with himself.

Hopefully he can repeat his 06 form this year and continue as he has played in the opening two games..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users