NYJetsFan.com Forums: John Clayton: Lions Offered First For Abe And Third. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) WE THE PEOPLE
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

John Clayton: Lions Offered First For Abe And Third.

#21 User is offline   latinangel5439 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (TimmyLamJones @ Mar 6 2006, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I am with most of you in the fact that I like to READ a rumor on an Espn.com or similar...I did hear during an "update" segment on ESPN radio about 10 minutes ago.. that Detroit has reportedly offered the #9 pick to the Jets.

Until I read...i will hold off on commenting. But wanted some of you one the thread who were getting "beat up" for posting the rumor...that I heard it as well

Yeah I heard the rumor as well on espn radio and I think there's even a comment on it in the newspaper. Everyday, we gonna hear something different about every team so like some you, I'll believe it when I see it happen for real!
IPB Image
Classic pic!

#22 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (TimmyLamJones @ Mar 6 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I am with most of you in the fact that I like to READ a rumor on an Espn.com or similar...I did hear during an "update" segment on ESPN radio about 10 minutes ago.. that Detroit has reportedly offered the #9 pick to the Jets.

Until I read...i will hold off on commenting. But wanted some of you one the thread who were getting "beat up" for posting the rumor...that I heard it as well

I'm not trying to beat him up, I know 08 was just posting something he saw, I'm just saying that I can't believe Detroit actually offered what to my mind is an amazing deal to us. If anything, I think that sounds like our offer to them. But I am glad to hear it was seconded, now I hope someone reports we took the deal sometime soon.

#23 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Mar 6 2006, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not trying to beat him up, I know 08 was just posting something he saw, I'm just saying that I can't believe Detroit actually offered what to my mind is an amazing deal to us. If anything, I think that sounds like our offer to them. But I am glad to hear it was seconded, now I hope someone reports we took the deal sometime soon.

I agree... I wasn't trying to beat him up either although some posters on here have issues with me and want to interpret what I say in their own little crazy minds. Hearing it on the radio or on ESPN is alot different then reading it off of a fansite. If that was the case then it makes it more credible and I for one think it's a pretty good deal considering it's a top 10 pick.

#24 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

John Clayton's credibility has me in question lately. I think he jumps the gun way too much. He has predicted alot of hot air lately. John "pointdexter" Clayton starting to slip and he's begining to piss me off.

#25 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Mar 6 2006, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Clayton's credibility has me in question lately. I think he jumps the gun way too much. He has predicted alot of hot air lately. John "pointdexter" Clayton starting to slip and he's begining to piss me off.

this would sure as hell redemn his geeky ass

IPB Image

#26 User is offline   latinangel5439 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Mar 6 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never liked that guy anyway, looking like a cross btwn bigbird and beetle bailey!
IPB Image
Classic pic!

#27 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

I, like many others, won't believe this until I see it. It simply doesn't make sense...we've seen junk like this before...where a fansite writes that some ESPN guy reported something. Someone did this last year with a Kellen Winslow Jr. rumor.

It's BS until I see it on ESPN. But if we did I would do as someone else on this topic already said and trade down with Denver and take some guys like Nick Mangold and Antonio Cromartie.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   joeysjets Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (latinangel5439 @ Mar 6 2006, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never liked that guy anyway, looking like a cross btwn bigbird and beetle bailey!

He looks a little like the Swedish Chef too!
[color=#009900]J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

no but multiple people saw him report this.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Mar 6 2006, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no but multiple people saw him report this.

where?
Posted Image

#31 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Mar 6 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw it a couple days ago on espn news and i heard it on espn radio at some point this weekend.......not tryin to start problems.. i would love this deal .... the best part about this whole thing even if its not true... it eliminates the broncos weak ass offer of the 29 pick for abe..... and the fact crennel loves him and is interested and atlanta is interested all this is gonna do is drive up his price tag, which is the best thing we can ask for.....

the thing about it is those 2 teams the lions and browns have ties to abraham ... crennel has watched him play for years while being in the same division so he knows how good he is and romeo knows his sh!t on D...... and with donnie henderson he coached abe for the last 2 years and goes on record multiple times sayin how much he loves him and when he was here, he kept sayin how bad we need to resign him.... so these RUMORS might not be so far fetched..... i love abe as much as the next guy but with the salary he wants the injury concerns and all.... i would LOVE to make a deal like this happen.

People were suggesting that Detriot was interested, and that they might give up the #9 for Abe and a pick, but this is the first time any credible source has reported that they have actually offered it. But part of the reason I am suspicious of the validity of the posts on those boards is there was so much talk about it.

#32 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

Whoa, guys, where the hell are you getting this Chappelles Show BS? That's BlueLine all the way my friends. I thought I was going on a nice vacation in Jersey, then...ugh... blink.gif
But guys, I was just telling you, I put if I said I heard it, you'd all beleive me. Well now it's true, and let's do it, but I'll miss Abe.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#33 User is offline   xujetfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Mar 6 2006, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw it a couple days ago on espn news and i heard it on espn radio at some point this weekend.......not tryin to start problems.. i would love this deal .... the best part about this whole thing even if its not true... it eliminates the broncos weak ass offer of the 29 pick for abe..... and the fact crennel loves him and is interested and atlanta is interested all this is gonna do is drive up his price tag, which is the best thing we can ask for.....

the thing about it is those 2 teams the lions and browns have ties to abraham ... crennel has watched him play for years while being in the same division so he knows how good he is and romeo knows his sh!t on D...... and with donnie henderson he coached abe for the last 2 years and goes on record multiple times sayin how much he loves him and when he was here, he kept sayin how bad we need to resign him.... so these RUMORS might not be so far fetched..... i love abe as much as the next guy but with the salary he wants the injury concerns and all.... i would LOVE to make a deal like this happen.

I agree, I would do this in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even be upset if the Jets had to throw in a 4th round pick to pull this off. #4 & 9 would be a nice rebuilding chip. or reloading whichever way you prefer to look at it.

#34 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (joeysjets @ Mar 6 2006, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He looks a little like the Swedish Chef too!

The only thing he's missing is his pocket protector

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

yea we would have so many draft picks, with 2 top 10 picks we could get 2 stud players that can either used to get more fire power on offence, or use them to make our deffence dominate, but whatever it is we are set. having the 4th and 9th overall, and a 2nd round and like 3 4th rounders, we have alot of draft picks this year we could serouisly do something in this draft. This draft i think will make or break us. We do not need a LT in the first round we need playmakers right now. we can sign a FA Lt and build depth in the later rounds on linemen since you can get solid players in the later rounds.
Posted Image

#36 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Mar 6 2006, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you continue to call me a retard I have a feeling you'll regret it. If you and Limp Bizkit [aka DJ Really Real ] have something to say then send it to my PM. Otherwise take a hike. The thread title is misleading and it's saying that John Clayton said that the Lions have made an offer to the Jets. It's bullshit until proven otherwise by... hmmm lets see if we're smart enough to bring all this together.... oh yes, that's right, until John Clayton says it on the ESPN site in which he works for. Yeah, let me tell you two fansites get John Clayton tips before the company that pays his salary to do just that, give them articles. Go bother someone else.

LOL, you really honestly are an idiot, aren't you? This thread proves it that the only way you can make fun of me is by the music I listen to, you do it time after time, dude it's time to think of some new material, because this Limp Bizkit shit talking is getting real old, maybe you don't relize that. The thing that makes you so hated around this site, is that you talk shit to people, and make them feel down about themselves. It also seems to me that it looks like your trying to put down Chadin08 for posting this like he really did something wrong. He is just posting from what he heard from John Clayton, who I also believe is an idiot. So if you ask me, and probably Foley, and Blueline as well, why dont you take a hike.

EDIT: you know the pathetic thing, I don't even listen to Limp Bizkit that much anymore, so you gotta find some new material.

#37 User is offline   Sandman Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:02 AM

Threads like these are the reason I end up going on long NYJetsfan vacations.

#38 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

i'm closing this cause the insults are getting out of hand
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +