NYJetsFan.com Forums: My Money League Draft Was Today.. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
santana Icon : (Today, 04:26 PM) initiation is you have to high 5.... 5 pats fans in the span of a week
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) i wonder how ronny is doing as a fins fan lol.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I think he got sick of being an nfl fan all together
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) but thats just speculation
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I know its starting to make me sick
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) bad refs excessive commercials
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) shitty services available to stream it
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) loads of penalties
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) annoying replay system
santana Icon : (Today, 04:57 PM) ambiguous rules where the ref has to fucking explain everything to you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:58 PM) oh and the constant violence out side of the game. domestic abuse. murders. dui cases. gun charges. young players wanting to smoke weed with less repercussion. veteran players wanting less hgh testing to stay healthy and in the league
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) BUY BUD LIGHT GUYS AND A TACOMA NATIONWIDE IS ON YOUR SIDE PAPAJOHNS DISCOUNT DOUBLE fuck you you will buy it!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) end rant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:08 PM) lol NFL is a big money business, sometimes to run something that big, your gonna have some a-holes involved. any big company is like that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) i might not wanna read this then http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38459
santana Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) yeah heard about it
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Money League Draft Was Today..

#1 User is offline   NuMba87 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:13 PM

Bunch of my buddies have been doin a $500 dollar to 1st money league for the last few years..12 team league that starts
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, D/ST.

I basically had a pre-draft strategy of going RB heavy since you can start 3 per week. I had the 7th pick, snake-style draft. Tell me what you think:

Starters:

QB - Kerry Collins
RB - Willis McGahee
RB - Rudi Johnson
WR - Michael Clayton
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR/RB - LaMont Jordan (HOLLA)
TE - Dallas Clark
K - Jeff Reed
D/ST - Arizona

Backups:
Carson Palmer
Lee Suggs/Larry Johnson
Plaxico Burress/Charles Rogers
Doug Jolley

I'm fairly Happy...WR are prolly my slight disadvantage, but in a league that starts 3 RB's i saw having depth there was huge..And i like clayton and Fitz this year to put up nice numbers. Let me know what you guys think biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

stick to ur day job

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

not to bad but not grea. last year it was a 70 30 nsplit for mine. 120 to 2nd place and 480 to first place. 6 people at 100 each. this year its tomorrow and 8 people.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:23 PM

I don't know what those guys are talking about but I think you have a dominant team. You have alot of young, untapped talent at WR and your RB are amazingly good. Carson Palmer is a damn good back-up QB. I say you could even start him over Collins and you probably will once Palmer really gets going and the Raiders suck like I know they will.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#5 User is offline   NuMba87 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:36 PM

Thx Herm. I see it as a high risk, high reward team..if Fitz, LaMont, Palmer, and Clark have the break-out seasons many are predicting they will, i think i'll be aiite. And i agree about Carson..he finished last season really well and looks good this year. And if Priest goes down, I stole larry johnson in the 11th round..could be huge...time will tell

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (NuMba87 @ Aug 20 2005, 10:48 PM)
Bunch of my buddies have been doin a $500 dollar to 1st money league for the last few years..12 team league that starts
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, D/ST.

I basically had a pre-draft strategy of going RB heavy since you can start 3 per week. I had the 7th pick, snake-style draft. Tell me what you think:

Starters:

QB - Kerry Collins
RB - Willis McGahee
RB - Rudi Johnson
WR - Michael Clayton
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR/RB - LaMont Jordan (HOLLA)
TE - Dallas Clark
K - Jeff Reed
D/ST -  Arizona

Backups:
Carson Palmer
Lee Suggs/Larry Johnson
Plaxico Burress/Charles Rogers
Doug Jolley

I'm fairly Happy...WR are prolly my slight disadvantage, but in a league that starts 3 RB's i saw having depth there was huge..And i like clayton and Fitz this year to put up nice numbers. Let me know what you guys think  biggrin.gif

Even though I don't really like him, a lot of people have Clayton in and around the top ten so I think your team looks really good. Collins/Palmer are both high-upside QBs who could finish in the top ten in scoring at their position. I also really like your RBs, especially late in the year when Holmes is hurt and done and Johnson is the featured back.

How many fantasy teams can say they have four starting RBs, Larry Johnson, and 2-3 starting receivers? Not many.

When the worst thing I can say is that your defense is a little weak and I don't like your back up receivers (at all) then I have to give you a top grade on your team. Good work.

#7 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

good not great. I'd give it a 7/10

#8 User is offline   NuMba87 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

Thx a1...i agree about the defense, i stole that baby in the 15th round!

#9 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

team looks ok
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   jabronidan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

Don't be surprised if you finish last but don't be surprised if you finish first. Your team is a huge risk as you said, and if it pays off you will win this league. McGahee will be great for you and Rudi should be as well. If Lamont can get around 1300 and 12-14 td and Collins can throw for 30 td, you will have a hell of a team.
user posted image

#11 User is offline   NuMba87 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

Yea i agree jabroni. I definitely took some chances and am hoping taking 2 raiders for starters doesn't backfire..problem being they were the best picks i could've made at those points in the draft so i'm happy with them either way.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users