NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Madden 2006 Topic - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Madden 2006 Topic Post all the information known in here!

#1 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

This is the cover: http://www.ebgames.c...ages/245119.jpg
Ratings: http://nyjetsfan.com...p?showtopic=913

Major Offense and Passing Upgrades

* Quarterback Vision Control: Look off receivers and make heads turn with the revolutionary QB Vision Control mechanic. Each QB has a different field of vision, depending on his rating. It's now tougher to hit receivers outside the QB Vision Control.

* Precision Placement: Choose exactly where to throw the ball-lead the receiver across the middle or take a little off a deep pass to set up a jump-ball.

* Additional Passing Features: Formation Specific Audibles-different audibles for different situations; Smart Routes- receivers adjust their routes to pick up first downs or cross the goal line; Head Tracking-players now turn their heads when looking for the ball-no more blind catches.

Experience the Life of an NFL Player with NFL Superstar Mode

* NFL Superstar Mode: This entirely new single-player mode allows you to experience the life of an NFL player by earning one of more than 60 Personas ranging from MVP to Movie Star.

Unprecedented Depth and Upgrades

* More Robust Online Features: Share files via your EA Locker and instantly find a solid match-up with improved matchmaking. Check your EA SPORTS Fantasy Football stats in game.

* Broadcast Presentation: Improved graphics, tons of scripted scenes, and new replays and sequences.

* Truck Stick Control: Deliver big hits on offense to break tackles, pancake defenders, and clear your path to the end zone

* Real NFL Gameplay: All-new features include smart routes, defensive keys, and blocking assignments.

* Updated sound and commentary: More natural sounding commentary system, radio show improvements with new calls, and enhanced commentary from John Madden as he breaks down the game and analyzes replays.

* Franchise Enhancements: The deepest season mode to date features: Total Control Simulation-Quickly simulate results on a play-by-play basis.

* Establish a Gameplan: Practice plays to counter your opponent's strengths and exploit their weaknesses, while earning in-game attribute bonuses for your efforts during practice.

* Spawn Games: Play Franchise games online. This plus the EA Locker users to compete in Franchises concurrently.

* Improved Radio Show: Features new callers and segments from the Tony Bruno Show.

#2 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

New Article on EA Sports.

VISION AND PRECISION

By Dino Scoppettone

Chances are, if you're an experienced Madden NFL gamer, you've spent more than a little time using the Atlanta Falcons in the game – mainly because quarterback Michael Vick can be practically unstoppable, given his amazing scrambling abilities and his knack for throwing well on the run.

While Vick will still be a force to be reckoned with in Madden NFL 06, the rest of the quarterbacks are coming back to the pack, thanks to this year's emphasis on Vision and Precision. For the first time in years, the Madden NFL passing system has been improved significantly, making a quarterback's ability to see the entire field a very important part of the passing game.

Madden NFL 06 gamers will notice a difference from the first snap of the ball. On passing plays, quarterbacks will have a "Vision Cone" which denotes the direction in which the QB is looking. The size of the Cone is dependent upon the quarterback's talent rating, as well as the skill at which you're playing, and the concept is to use the Cone to look in the direction of the receiver to which you want to throw the ball.

This means the days of rolling out right and throwing a blind bullet pass to the left for an easy 20-yard completion are over – unless you make sure your QB is looking to the left before he throws the ball. The easiest way to look at your intended receiver is to hold the R2 button (on the PlayStation®2 console) and tap the receiver button, which immediately moves the Vision Cone towards that receiver, before you hit the receiver button to actually throw the ball. Using the R2 button method, which is basically a double-tap, the quarterback's head can "snap" quickly to look at the receiver before he throws it.

Alternately, gamers can use the right analog stick to manually move the vision cone left and right, allowing them to look back and forth across the field, trying to spot a receiver. Whether using the R2 button or the right analog stick, however, it will be important for gamers to have their quarterbacks looking in the direction of the receiver before throwing, because any balls thrown in a direction where the quarterback isn't looking have a much better chance of being overthrown, falling short, or even being intercepted.

In fact, at the higher skill levels, gamers won't even be able to throw to receivers outside the vision cone after a period of time, because the receiver's passing icons will fade out if the quarterback doesn't look in his direction for too long.

Old-school Madden NFL players will, of course, have the option to turn off the Vision Cone system and use the previous passing system, but the Vision Cone lends a new air of realism about the game – just ask the guys that actually play the position for a living.

"In most video games, you can just hit a button and the quarterback will just throw it wherever he wants. Now, you really have to know what's going on, you've really go to understand the game," said Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer after trying out the new Vision Cone system. "It changes the game and I think it's going to make it more competitive. You can't just go back and hit a button. You've got to know exactly where the receivers are going; you've got to know if they're running a crossing route, an out route, a go route, and you've got to kind of lead them with your vision."

Vision, according to Palmer and several other NFL quarterbacks who have previewed Madden NFL 06, is one of the most important aspects of playing the position.

"That is the the most important thing, in my opinion," Lions quarterback Joey Harrington said of having excellent on-field vision. "You don't have to have the strongest arm, you don't have to be the fastest guy out there, but you have to read and recognize what's going on. Anybody can get out there and chuck the ball 65 yards down the field, but if you don't see the coverage, see where the opening in the zone is, see how the guy is breaking out of his route versus man coverage, you're not going to complete most of your balls."

"Vision is a big thing," added Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. "A lot of times, guys will say 'hey, I didn't see him.' He was wide open, but you didn't see him. Hey, it's your job to see him. You've got a lot of offensive line in front of you, and you've got to find a way."

Another addition to the passing game in Madden NFL 06 is the new Precision Passing system, which gives players greater flexibility as to where they're aiming the ball. By pressing either the left analog stick or the D-pad in the direction you want the ball placed as you throw it, you can aim the ball at a spot near the receiver – high or low, outside or inside, as you try to keep it away from the defensive players.

#3 User is offline   bobranker101 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

www.maddennation.com/forums/register.php?

great madden messageboard I go to, we could use jets fans. check it out. JC you'd like it i think

#4 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (bobranker101 @ Jun 15 2005, 07:23 AM)
www.maddennation.com/forums/register.php?

great madden messageboard I go to, we could use jets fans. check it out. JC you'd like it i think

Yea, I go there to get my information, I am also on Maddenmania.com

I dont post much though...

#5 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

The End of Madden name used on video game?!?!?

NFL | Madden to Leave ABC Head to NBC - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:57:30 -0700

Steve Zipay, of Newsday, reports broadcaster John Madden has been hired by NBC for its Sunday Night Football coverage beginning in 2006. Madden will leave ABC's Monday Night Football after this season. The network will announce the long-term agreement at noon today, June 15.

#6 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

i dont understand how that would have impications on the madden name not being used in the video game? does EA have a contract with ABC and not NBC?
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#7 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ Jun 16 2005, 12:00 AM)
i dont understand how that would have impications on the madden name not being used in the video game? does EA have a contract with ABC and not NBC?

Well go to Maddennation.com... they say right on the top, it says:

The End of the "Madden" Name? June 15, 2005

KFFL is reporting that John Madden is leaving ABC to join the NBC crew. What does this mean for the Madden football title? Read the full story here and discuss it.

I am just the reader, and poster.

#8 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:47 PM

I joined MaddenNation! I'm Wayne'sWorld80! Hope to see more of us come around!
Can't wait to get the game now that I see its features.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#9 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

mr. bizkit dont just post things that you dont understand... i went to maddennation and it was just a spculatory question... therefore it was a waste... i understand the connections that exist, between espn, madden, abc, and now nbc, but based on the forum and all the info you provided, nothing is certain...

i know you dont like me guy, but in any event i am looking forward to the game coming out and i dont think the link will end the madden name

#10 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ Jun 16 2005, 09:42 PM)
mr. bizkit dont just post things that you dont understand... i went to maddennation and it was just a spculatory question... therefore it was a waste... i understand the connections that exist, between espn, madden, abc, and now nbc, but based on the forum and all the info you provided, nothing is certain...

i know you dont like me guy, but in any event i am looking forward to the game coming out and i dont think the link will end the madden name

I know we hate each other, but everything I have said to you before this post, has been on topic. Then you come in here posting an off-topic post again, in one of my posts. Do you like pissing me off? I post something for people to read. Not for you to talk shit. So either stay on topic, or don't post.

#11 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

first off i dont hate you... i do disagree with a lot of your opinions but that is non consequential (somewhat)...

i was just confused by what you posted about the madden name being finished and i asked you to explain your post and you were unable to, and where you told me to look really didnt have anything to do with that

but i am not going down this danged road again even though i know you are gonna take this personally or whatver, so reply with your finest words good sir, but dont make this something it isnt

#12 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

I don't believe they'll change the name, or at least not for quite awhile. Take Comisky Park for example, now U.S. Cellular Field.
Charles Comisky was the founder/creator of the White Sox, and the stadium was named after him. Now recently in like 2003, they changed it to U.S. Cellular Field.
Therefore the creator/founder of the noun/proper noun they created may have their name on that product even after they die or retire, since they were the one who started it and should rightfully be remembered for it years later.
So it won't be "Lil'Nom 2020", it'll take awhile and then they will change the name.
But with a hug and a kiss one of you needs to apoligize about something, I think there are a lot of people (like me) whom like you two a lot, but when we constantly see you guys fighting it doesn't look good.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#13 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Jun 17 2005, 08:35 PM)
I don't believe they'll change the name, or at least not for quite awhile. Take Comisky Park for example, now U.S. Cellular Field.
Charles Comisky was the founder/creator of the White Sox, and the stadium was named after him. Now recently in like 2003, they changed it to U.S. Cellular Field.
Therefore the creator/founder of the noun/proper noun they created may have their name on that product even after they die or retire, since they were the one who started it and should rightfully be remembered for it years later.
So it won't be "Lil'Nom 2020", it'll take awhile and then they will change the name.
But with a hug and a kiss one of you needs to apoligize about something, I think there are a lot of people (like me) whom like you two a lot, but when we constantly see you guys fighting it doesn't look good.

Actually there was this same exact rumor that happen last year, that they were going to change the name. But, then all the talk blew up, and we haven't heard about it since, like right now.

Who knows what will happen, we will all just have to wait. If Madden does leave the game, there will be good things about it. Not listening to him annoucing a game is great, because he is so boring.

#14 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

Disturbed's new song to be in Madden

Launch Radio Networks reports: DISTURBED has set "Ten Thousand Fists" as the title of its third album, according to a posting at the band's official website. The album is also tentatively slated for release on September 20, although that date has not been officially confirmed. It's been three years since the group released 2002's "Believe", and frontman David Draiman told Launch the new album is worth the wait. "I personally feel, and I think the rest of the band shares that opinion, that this is the best material we've ever written, and we're ready to do what needs to be done, at a time when it needs to be done," he said.

The title track has been tapped to appear in the next NFL Madden video game.

The Chicago-based quartet recorded 20 songs, from which 13 will be chosen to appear on the new record. A single, possibly a song called "Stricken", should arrive at radio stations sometime this summer.

DISTURBED will begin a four-to-six-week North American tour on August 6 in San Diego, California. The only other two confirmed dates so far are Portland, Oregon on August 10 and the Black Hills Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota on August 12.

DISTURBED will also headline the Jagermeister Music Tour in November, followed by the Music As A Weapon III trek in 2006.

Source: Blabbermouth

#15 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

So, wait, is it a 100% chance/fact/whatever that there will be no ESPN NFL 2K5, becuase it was a much much better deal imo, and funner

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

Yes madden bought out the NFL license. Nobody else can make an NFL game.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

but based on the specs of the madden game, it seems they will incorporate some of the nfl 2k5 technology, ideas, and atmosphere into the madden series...

#18 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:47 AM)
but based on the specs of the madden game, it seems they will incorporate some of the nfl 2k5 technology, ideas, and atmosphere into the madden series...

Yea, I really hope they do that, because to have a guy like Chris Berman talk about the scores, and do the fastest 3 minutes would be great addition to the game. It will probably make 2k buyers buy it.

#19 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

Sadly, I couldn't find any of Pennington...

Few new screens are out:

Boller:
http://image.com.com...9_screen003.jpg

McNabb:
http://image.com.com...6_screen005.jpg

Bulger:
http://image.com.com...3_screen002.jpg

Delhomme:
http://image.com.com...9_screen002.jpg

Harrington:
http://image.com.com...9_screen003.jpg

Plummer: