NYJetsFan.com Forums: Usc, Is It Two Titles Or Three - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Usc, Is It Two Titles Or Three Words of Wisdom from Long Time Jet Fan

#1 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really have no clue what you're talking about yet you try to come on as some know it all. Yes there were too polls but the BCS was what was supposed to crown a national champion. And the BCS is always changing the system, just like they did this year. And I live in Los Angeles. I read all the papers and trust me USC wanted the BCS title and had to "settle" for being the AP champion. And the AP bowed out because of conflict of interest that was brought to the forefront by the events of that year, but had existed from the beginning. I really have to laugh when people like you talk like you have the knowledge but are clueless. Now go find someone without a brain to pick on.

I'm impessed that this bothered you so much that you felt the urge to discuss this with me via PM, but this discussion is best served on a thread of its own. I'm not here to insult you, but as sdubb said, you should grow a pair if you want to partake in these discussions. You state that you live in LA, so that must explain your thin skin. I'm not attacking you, just discussing a topic.

Anyway, I don't try to come on as some know it all. I just state the facts. You posted something that listed about 13 minor polls concerning NCAA champions (one of which had Oklahoma as champs in 2003 even though they got beaten up by LSU). You ignored the fact that there are 2 major polls. The BCS is, and was, a compilation of the Major Polls and minor polls (including computer polls that have been ridiculed ad naseum since the BCS's creation).

Now on to your contenion that the USC Trojans actually won only 1 national title.

USC wanted to be in the 2003 BCS game and should have been in it. The fact is the 2nd and 3rd ranked teams in both MAJOR polls went to the BCS game rather than the 1st ranked team in both polls. You claim that they did not win the national title in 2003, but admit that they were the AP champion that year. Okay then. But the whole purpose of the BCS was to put an end to the split title and it utterly failed in 2003 and thus, for AP Champions, USC's name is listed.

Now onto the whole purpose of this discussion. I had mentioned that Leinart stood in school because he wanted to make history. And history he would have made with a THIRD title, the first one shared and the other two outright. You thought he only wanted to come back to win a 2nd title, but that was simply not the case. And that's where I corrected you.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#2 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

So now you post private messages? You really are a jerk. They're called private for a reason moron.

"The Bowl Championship Series was established before the 1998 season to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has quickly become a showcase for the sport, matching the best teams at the end of the season."

http://www.bcsfootball.org/

#3 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

About the BCS (emphasis added)

USC and the University of Texas met on opposite sides of the football in the 2006 national championship game, but they shared one thing. They were playing for the national title because the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) was in place.

The BCS was established to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has quickly become a showcase for the sport, matching the best teams at the end of the season.

The BCS, which runs through the 2009 regular season and 2010 bowl season, consists of the Rose Bowl, Nokia Sugar Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and the BCS national championship game. Before the start of the 1998 season, the four bowls joined with the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences and the University of Notre Dame to form the BCS. Conference USA also signed on to the agreement.

Until the early 1990s the selection process for major bowl matchups with affiliated conference champions was totally disorganized and in many cases resulted in a chaotic situation. Some bowls would effectively make selections after seven or eight games. The BCS has worked to develop a system that not only allows the selection process to be completed at the end of the regular season and creates better matchups.

For the first time in college football history the BCS has opened the bowl agreements more so than they have ever been, and in doing so have elevated the possibility of excitement in college football. But, at the same time, it's being done within the framework of the bowl system that has been an integral part of the tradition and success of college football. Look no further than last season's Rose Bowl matchup as an example of the BCS at its best.

There are two at-large positions in the BCS that are open to any Division I-A team. This allows any Division I-A school in the nation the opportunity to play in a BCS bowl game, should it qualify to play in the National Championship game or be selected by one of the bowls.

The BCS also notes the importance of traditional and regional considerations regarding team selection. Specifically, the four BCS Bowls will host the following conference champions in the years the national championship game is not played at their site.

These consideration tie-ins include the ACC or Big East champion in the FedEx Orange Bowl, the SEC champion in the Nokia Sugar Bowl, the Big Ten and the Pac-10 champions in the Rose Bowl and the Big 12 champion in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

Should a BCS Bowl's host champion be ranked number one or two in the final BCS standings, when such bowl is not hosting the national championship game, the number one- or two-ranked team shall move to the national championship game and the Bowl shall select a replacement team from the BCS pool of eligible teams. The pool will consist of any Division I-A team that is ranked among the Top 12 in the final BCS standings and has achieved at least nine wins during the regular season (excluding NCAA-exempted contests).

#4 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now you post private messages? You really are a jerk. They're called private for a reason moron.

Yeah SMC, when someone uses a PM to insult you, why don't you just take it quietly man? Jeez, what is the point in the PM if you can't insult people with them?

#5 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Apr 26 2006, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah SMC, when someone uses a PM to insult you, why don't you just take it quietly man? Jeez, what is the point in the PM if you can't insult people with them?

SMC started with the insults and the thread in which he did so was closed. Rather than take it public I replied to his insults in private. If you have a problem with that you're as stupid as he. Now isn't this fun? Everyone sits around making public personal attacks. Gotta love it. jerry.gif

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SMC started with the insults and the thread in which he did so was closed. Rather than take it public I replied to his insults in private. If you have a problem with that you're as stupid as he. Now isn't this fun? Everyone sits around making public personal attacks. Gotta love it. jerry.gif

I checked that out for myself, and I see he called your post moronic, what do you say when you see a post you think is dumb? "This is a well thought out and reasoned post. It makes total sense. However much I think you are intelligent, I think there is a flaw in your design."

In fact, while a lot of other people called you an idiot, SMC had this to say:

By the way, I think you're a smart person, it's just that your point was idiotic. My response was amiable.

Whatever guy.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

i'm gonna have to close this thread
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1