NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Madden 2007 Topic - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Resize Shouts Area

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Madden 2007 Topic

#21 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

Pastapadre from Maddennation.com has posted his thoughts, and some screens as well, since it's a hell hold to get on that site now, I will just post everything said on there.

Screens:

Wednesday

To start, I'll lay out what we have on the floor to actually play. As usual Madden has a skeleton build out. We are restricted to Play Now games, 1 minute quarters, only Seahawks vs Steelers (in Pittsburgh), and no challenges. We did have the option though to change difficulty setting so I got some play in on All-Pro as well as All-Madden.

The first thing I noticed was that the game does look improved visually. Everything is a little sharper and the colors appear more vivid. The grass looks quite good and is definately a nice touch. Throughout the game you'll notice the field really getting worn in areas as well. Player models are much better which was noticed by us immediately so I was pleased with that.

The introductions (see the first vid I posted) were nice. The thing that bothered us was that you couldnt skip it...so we had to watch it everytime and it was damn near as long as the actual 1 min quarter games were lol. Im guessing its just this build and not how it will be for release, I sure hope so anyway.

The kick meter has been completely re-done. You now go down/up on the right analog stick. It certainly took some getting used to. If you arent quick enough, then your kicker takes too long to get the kick off and it usually gets blocked...even on extra points. I started to get the hang of it but all of the kicks were coming up like line drives, even if I had moved the arrow up. I wouldnt even dare attempt a FG longer than 30 yards right now. I'll play around with this a little more on Thursday. Im not really sure my opinion on this yet. On one hand it is more of a challenge and you will have to really pay attention. On the other its something that could be seen as making it more difficult without real reason to (or in the least a true way to really represent the actual difficulty/skill in kicking).

Unfortunately there is no defensive playmaker. We were all disappointed to find this out.

Right stick has moves on it now for when you have the ball. Havent really figured out what does what yet.

None of us were able to figure out how to do 'Run for Daylight'. We'll give it a shot again on Thursday.

A couple issues came up that were there with 06. On the first drive I had a QB fumble that I felt should've been an incomplete pass. Those of you who played 06 on the 360 knows that was a major issue. Now since we dont have access to challenge calls with this setup, it is possible that the call will be reversed in that situation. It was something though that scared me to see happen again. Another thing was WRs and DBs were dropping passes that hit them right in their hands, or striking a receiver in the head or back lol. Meanwhile on NCAA those type of passes were being caught by both sides. It just reminded me of the frustration I experienced with 06 in that regard.

We didnt see any instances of blatant suction blocking. But we were limited in number of plays we could run so its not really a proper sample to make a statement like "its fixed".

Other than the new introductions, the atmosphere doesnt look like it was really worked on which is disappointing. No feel of a home field advantage, no visible ESPN integration, ect. Hard to say though if its just something we arent seeing here. There always is more to the game then what we get at E3.

DB play seemed real tight when on All-Madden. Werent getting any cheap completions on them. Just quick thoughts on it, again we're hampered by the small amount of plays we've actually run. They still seemed to drop easy INTs though.

In case anyone is curious, we got a little time in with the original Xbox. Since we couldnt get to Superstar mode or anything and were stuck with Play Now, the game seemed like it too was very similar to its own 06 version. Had the new kick meter though.

No chance to see Madden on the Wii yet.

They had the PS3 version out on the floor and it was a 30% complete build. I actually didnt see it myself yet, but everyone I've heard has stated it was not in good shape at all. But obviously you cant really draw any conclusions this far in advance.

Overall the game feels very similar to 06 360. Take away the kick meter and the improved visuals and I probably couldnt pick one out from the other. There are definite improvements dont get me wrong, but the general feel of the game is almost identical. It is important to consider that the game is only at 60% completion and from my experience at E3 last year the final product can show significant differences.

#22 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

Sorry, double post...

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

They better get these problems fixed!

#24 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

Pastapadre has also posted some vids, here they are:

Introduction:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1243.MOV

Gameplay 1:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1242.MOV

40 yard dash:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1277.MOV

Gameplay 2:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1292.MOV

Gameplay 3:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1296.MOV

Gameplay 4:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1290.MOV

Gameplay 5:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1293.MOV

Gameplay 6:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1294.MOV

Gameplay 7:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1334.MOV

Also, Pasta padre posted the next day from his summary of the game, here it is as well:

Thursday

Ok we got some more significant time in with the game today so I'll add some new thoughts below. Keep in mind though that we still were hampered by the 1 minute quarters so any impressions come off a small sample.

We were actually given a private demo of Madden behind closed doors with some of the Producers. We were able to see 'Run to Daylight' in action. I have to say I liked what I saw from it. As the blocker you can assist in the play and it can be successful both to the outside as well as runs on the inside. I know some people have looked at this as a potential "band-aid" on blocking issues. But actually without seeing RTD we had already noticed improved blocking even on runs to the outside...the lineman seem to pull well. So I dont think I would look at it that way.

It also wasn't something that people are going to find easy (at least off the bat). The producer was missing blocks which cost the team yards. I dont know if it does it on the 360 but on current gen I saw notifications such as 'wiffed on block' pop up.

We never did figure out how to do it ourselves with the build on the floor. Either it wasnt really implemented into it or we just couldnt figure out how to activate it correctly. But I will say that the demonstration of it gave me a sense that it will ultimately be viewed positively. Just a different way to go when playing.

We were told there are 20 player specific next-gen running styles. Unfortunately being limited to the Seahawks vs Steelers we saw Alexander's (which was tailored to him) but with the other being Willie Parker I doubt that his was unique. So I cant really compare the different styles.

Also the producer ran the 40 for us and did it in 4.65. So its not as impossible as Rac made it look lol. It did go into slo-mo when he hit a certain zone which shaves off hundredths of a second.

The general consensus on the inside running game was that it has improved. Now since I generally play with the Seahawks, I've never found inside running to be much of a problem...maybe thats just cause of the offensive line they have. But if it has improved to a point where people really notice it then thats certainly a good thing.

Yesterday we only saw games in good weather. Today we got to play in the rain. In some of the new vids that I've put up or will be going up, you'll see how the field has reacted to the rain and the punishment its taken on during the course of the game. It looked really good in that regard. We were told that the field conditions/weather will affect the players on the field as well.

There is a new way of doing onside kicks in NCAA (I have a vid showing that off which I havent put up yet but will shortly). I would guess that Madden switched to that method also but we never did get a chance to check for it so dont quote me on that. Basically you are able to decide where you want your kicker to strike the ball. Really cool in that you can control the type of onside kick you do.

We did take more of a look at the PS3 version and played it a bit. It wasnt as bad as some would have it seem IMO. My first thought was how it looked and played exactly like what an early build of the 360 would've been. One thing that the producer mentioned was that they found out about the new controller the same time we did. So they are looking at things that the PS3 could do differently from the 360 and that is one. But since they just now got the news of it there is nothing currently in the works for 07 with the motion of the controller. Something could be added however realistically it probably doesnt seem like the best time to do that in the development cycle. You never know though.

We tried to check out the Wii version, but the line just get into the Nintendo exhibit was insane. Unlike the other companies they had all the Wii stuff closed off like that. So there was no way we were going to wait lol.

I'll be working on trying to get some questions answered here this weekend. But I'll be busy most of the day Friday and traveling part of Saturday so it may not happen until Sunday. Rac will be getting up impressions and such starting Friday so watch for that.

Rac, the other E3 guy at Maddennation also has posted some kind of summary of the game, here it is:

By now you guys have already heard that the playable 360 build at E3 was tough to get impressions from. The 1 minute quarters, long unskippable intro, and the fact that many areas of the game were not accessible made it impossible to break the game apart. In talking briefly with some of the producers, I got the picture that E3 was sort of a basic overview of Madden. EA wanted to talk about the new features and highlight some key points rather than getting to the nuts and bolts of the game. I was told that we will definitely get our chance to ask the tough questions and really pick the game apart in the near future. Until then, here are some basic thoughts on what I saw. I didn't try and read too much into some of what was in the game simply because of the nature of the build that was on the floor.

Madden 360

- The most obvious thing about the build there was how good the game looked. The player models were better, 3D grass looked great, etc. It's not a night and day change but it's a far cry from the comments about the draft day screens where people felt there wasn't much of a difference from 06.

- You'e probaby seen the new player intros at the beginning of the game. That was a nice touch. I'm not sure if you can tell from the videos, but they do actually announce some players names as they are running out onto the field.

- I like the new kicking meter. It's very similar to what we saw in the AFL game. You pull down on the stick and then push up at the right time to make sure you get enough power. It's going to take some practice to perfect, but it's pretty intuitive. One thing we saw in this build were some blocked kicks when people wouldn't push up on the stick fast enough. I don't know whether that's an intended feature where they want people to have a risk/reward with powering up kicks or if it's just a bug in the build. Personally I think it may make things interesting if it stays that way. There would be some rare chances for a legit blocked kick.

- You can challenge this year. It was turned off in the build but no word whether or not it can be done online.

- QB fumble issue is still there in this build. Since we couldn't challenge calls playing the demo, we don't know how the ref would make those calls if they're challenged.

- I didn't see suction blocking, but with 1 minute quarters there were only so many opportunities to witness it. Blocking is going to be a hot button issue this year so a lot of our focus when we get in depth time with the game will be in that area.

- Didn't see any defenders being double teamed by the O line. I was definitely looking for it.

- The overall feel of this build in terms of control and how the players run is similar to last year. A lot of the other guys felt that it was tough to manually control players, but I do at least think that part of the game has some sort of minor improvement. I had a number of user picks myself, so I didn't feel handicapped by the controls.

- The inside running game got some serious treatment this year. You can clearly see holes opening up. I think that this may be the first Madden ever where your skill in the running game is not defined by bouncing runs to the outside every play.

- Run to daylight looked pretty interesting, but we had some trouble figuring it out. We thought we got it sorted out after a quick demo in the EA Sports Lab, but when we tried it ourselves later that night on the builds on the show floor we couldn't get it going. During the demonstration we saw it looked pretty decent though. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as exploitable. When we get more in depth time I'd like to make sure the feature doesn't provide any "tells" online for run/pass. The most fun looking plays are the tosses where you can get outside and nail someone. It seems like there is some real skill involved. The guy showing us how to use it didn't always get a clean hit on defenders so I don't think it's going to be a situation of being able to flat out pancake guys every time you pull the guard.

- I mentioned it above but the field degradation is awesome. During a rainy game puddles would accumulate on the field. One of the Madden team said that players would react and maybe even slip on them. We didn't see that in game but it's something we'll look out for. The thing I thought was the coolest about the bad weather was the way the logos painted on the field get totally torn to bits. You can see the paint bleeding all over the field. In one game I played, the midfield logo had bled all over the place. It really looked like a torn up playing surface.

- In the play selection screen, the area where you can call plays for an individual player shows a nice big picture of their head shot. It's a nice touch.

- Presentation wise the build we saw wasn't any different than last year. This is something we'll want to find more about in the future.

So those are the basics. I know you guys are startving for info, and we'll get the hardcore stuff for you as soon as we have access. Right now I feel like we've got a decent picture of the general direction of the game. You can bet we'll beat the thing to death when we get the opportunity. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions. Please understand that a lot of what you may ask probably can't be answered just yet. I've also got some pictures of the game that I'll try and get out to you in the coming days. I've got to resize them all because they are huge so it may take some time. Thanks for being patient.

#25 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

IGN has posted 2 new vids... Here you go:

http://media.xbox360...804/vids_1.html

#26 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:39 AM

Heres an in depth write up with pic's. Lot's and lot's of material good shit! http://madden-tips.blogspot.com/

#27 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

My beefs!

I've carefully read everything on the new Madden and more then I would have read thanks to JC but with all the new things they have put into this game such as, degradation of the field, run to daylight, adjusting players models,fixing up franchise mode and adding new mini camp drills at the end of every report I have read to date it say's at the end something along the lines of "It still plays like 06 for 360" bullshit.gif . That's the single most hated thing about the 360 was that is sucked in everyway, the player movement, the A.I, blocking and Dlines all were just horrendous.

My beef is I think they are going backwards in the next gen development process. Insted of them focusing on the god damn field turf and the way the crowd looks they need to take all of their time to correct and make the gameplay SOLID!, like it was in 06 for the old box. People are not going to buy the game because of the way it looks. Everyone did when the 360 came out and they just basically pissed away their money. Since selling my old xbox and games in January I haven't played Madden at all. Which is a first because I have been playing Madden for as long as I can remember and now when I wanna get into a game I can't. I can't stress the importance of gameplay. To all the real madden guy's to the normal sport's gamers they all want a game that is fun and playable, I don't care if their was no crowd or enouncer's or coaches on the sideline. If the gameplay was picturesque then I as well as Million's would buy it which bring's me back to my original rant and that is noboby is going to buy this game because of graphics alone.

Gameplay is first and foremost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my beefs part 1, they have 40 percent of this game to fix and if they don't finish and polish the game play I am going to throw up.

#28 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

ps3 version looks like the first gen 06ps3 type of physics/ai/and player movement

i think the 360 one is a upgrade on the 360 06 platform while the ps3 one is a restructred ps2 06 madden. thats what it appears to me atleast. i hated the 360 06 also.. i really hope they bring back that feel the first gen 06 had.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#29 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 13 2006, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
psi really hope they bring back that feel the first gen 06 had.

Exactly!!!, If they can't seem to make it better then in was on the old box then don't touch it. I agree

#30 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:55 PM

Madden ranking's...07 They can't be correct but I thought I was alittle fun to see that rookies ranking's. They might not be 100% correct but their close.

http://madden06.cjb.net/

#31 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:39 PM

Madden 2007 "collectors edition"?

Gamestop has listed a new product for the X-Box 360 and Playstation 2 entitled, "Madden 07 Collectors Edition" which will retail for $69.99, which is $10 higher than the regular Madden 2007. If you remember, Madden 2005 shipped with a special 15 year collectors edition as well. We'll get more details on this as they come!

http://www.gamestop....uct%5Fid=200183

Also, Pastapadre has posted some more vids, here they are:

Gameplay 8:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1346.MOV

PS3 Gameplay 1:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1312.MOV

PS3 Gameplay 2:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1314.MOV

PS3 Gameplay 3:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1315.MOV

Kickoff:

Gameplay 9:

Gameplay 10:
http://www.maddennat...06/100_1288.MOV

Gameplay 11:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxqcpq

Gameplay 12:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x82230

#32 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

With all these references to this Madden not being to different from 06, f*** THE GOD DAMN COLLECTORS EDITION!. This game better be off the chain if I'm buying the collectors edition.

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ May 13 2006, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My beefs!

I've carefully read everything on the new Madden and more then I would have read thanks to JC but with all the new things they have put into this game such as, degradation of the field, run to daylight, adjusting players models,fixing up franchise mode and adding new mini camp drills at the end of every report I have read to date it say's at the end something along the lines of "It still plays like 06 for 360" bullshit.gif . That's the single most hated thing about the 360 was that is sucked in everyway, the player movement, the A.I, blocking and Dlines all were just horrendous.

My beef is I think they are going backwards in the next gen development process. Insted of them focusing on the god damn field turf and the way the crowd looks they need to take all of their time to correct and make the gameplay SOLID!, like it was in 06 for the old box. People are not going to buy the game because of the way it looks. Everyone did when the 360 came out and they just basically pissed away their money. Since selling my old xbox and games in January I haven't played Madden at all. Which is a first because I have been playing Madden for as long as I can remember and now when I wanna get into a game I can't. I can't stress the importance of gameplay. To all the real madden guy's to the normal sport's gamers they all want a game that is fun and playable, I don't care if their was no crowd or enouncer's or coaches on the sideline. If the gameplay was picturesque then I as well as Million's would buy it which bring's me back to my original rant and that is noboby is going to buy this game because of graphics alone.

Gameplay is first and foremost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my beefs part 1, they have 40 percent of this game to fix and if they don't finish and polish the game play I am going to throw up.

iagree.gif the gameplay has been down graded, it seems that EA is turing into what ESPN football look like. Were the players look more square. I dont care how the field and crowd looks like, i care what the players and gameplay looks like. They toke out 1 handed catchs a while ago. That was gay. But they said that they are upgradeing the Running game in this one, which will help since madden hasnt had a good run game in it. Also its putting back all the original features from the xbox to the 360. Plus having 40 times. Also NCAA has basically the same graphics that Madden has, im basically not wanting the next gen games since the game stinks, and i have a xbox 360. I rather play the regular xbox ones. who ever bought madden 2006 for 360 wasted their money.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ May 14 2006, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Madden ranking's...07 They can't be correct but I thought I was alittle fun to see that rookies ranking's. They might not be 100% correct but their close.

http://madden06.cjb.net/

yea these ratings cant be right, but if Fergusion's pass block really is 95 rated i cant complain beach.gif But No way does kendall fall all the way to 83 i exspect him more like 88-87. And Moore should be 84. I think clemens arm strengh should be 89-91. i wouldnt complain with Coles being 89 rated and 98 speed. Also i think Cothery is alittle low, i think he should be higher then Dwight. And baker should at least be 84-85. And Vilma no way goes 90 when he was 94 at the end of Madden 2006 updates. Vilma should be 95 atleast. Thomas should be 77 atleast not 73. I like Dysons rating of 87 but think Barret is alittle low at 83, he should be like 86.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ May 14 2006, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea these ratings cant be right, but if Fergusion's pass block really is 95 rated i cant complain beach.gif But No way does kendall fall all the way to 83 i exspect him more like 88-87. And Moore should be 84. I think clemens arm strengh should be 89-91. i wouldnt complain with Coles being 89 rated and 98 speed. Also i think Cothery is alittle low, i think he should be higher then Dwight. And baker should at least be 84-85. And Vilma no way goes 90 when he was 94 at the end of Madden 2006 updates. Vilma should be 95 atleast. Thomas should be 77 atleast not 73. I like Dysons rating of 87 but think Barret is alittle low at 83, he should be like 86.

I agree with all your personal rating good job. Did you see our overall rating's.?

87 Offense, 87 defense, 87 overall. I'd be happy with that.

#36 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:44 PM

There is a new interview over at easports.com, here ya go:

http://www.easports.....jsp?id=frazier

Phil Frazier Current Gen Interview
Interview with Madden NFL 07 Current Gen Lead Producer Phil Frazier
Phil Frazier, Lead Producer for Madden NFL 07 Current Genenration

Q: Talk to us about the all-new defensive playbooks. How did you come up with those?

Frazier:We watched a lot of game-tape. We've got two guys that are dedicated year-in and year-out to making Madden playbooks great. They're the most hardcore football guys that we have in this building. One of the guys actually played college ball at Florida, and the other one aspires to be a head coach somewhere. The two of them combined watch hours and hours of game tape that we get directly from the NFL. Using that footage, we're able to create plays in Madden that look exactly like plays that NFL teams run, and we also get a lot of different systems and formations in there as well.

This year, we have team-specific defensive playbooks in the game. Instead of having just the schemes, like 3-4 and 4-3, we actually went in and looked at team-specific things. Teams will run things based on specific personnel, and we wanted to capture that in Madden.

Q: You've expanded last year's Superstar Mode? What's new in that?

Frazier: Superstar Mode was something that a lot of people were excited about in concept last year, but at the end of the day, when the game shipped, there was no real difference in playing a Superstar game than there was in playing a Play Now game or a Franchise game. The in-game experience was exactly the same. This year, we wanted to change that, so we went in there and now we lock you to your position. If you create a quarterback, you play quarterback and only quarterback. If you're a wide receiver, you play only wide receiver, and so on. It's called Superstar: Hall of Fame mode and it's a big improvement over last year.

We really wanted to kind of focus on you being the guy you create, and that's more than just the off-the-field stuff -- that's with in-game stuff as well. As you're playing with these guys, we've also added position-specific cameras so you actually get to experience what it's like to play at that position. When you're on defense, you're not looking at the standard camera where you're looking down the field -- you're actually looking from behind the defensive player's shoulder. You get to watch the quarterback as he's looking at you or into your zone, you get to cover wide receivers as they're running all over the field, and you have to react to plays like a normal defender would.

Every position is covered: you can be an offensive lineman, punter, kicker, whatever. They all have special cameras and functionality in the right stick specific to that position. This will provide a brand-new in-game experience in Superstar: Hall of Fame mode in addition to fixing to some of the minor things that were happening elsewhere in the Mode.

Q: Any additions to Franchise Mode this year?

Frazier:Yeah, we touch a lot of things every year. This year's Franchise Mode features something called Player Roles where players, based on their play style and what they're doing, can earn and unlock different types of roles for themselves. If you're a Shutdown Corner, you get that kind of label added to you, and that label impacts you in the game and does certain things to your ratings and your opponent's ratings.

In addition, we also have a brand-new scouting system with the draft. The draft is all-new, so you can better scout players, and we've got Mel Kiper in there giving you some comments on different players in the draft. We think we've added some cool new things to Franchise Mode.

Q: Do you have any integration with the NFL Network?

Frazier: We took out the Football 101 mode from a couple years ago and replaced it with the NFL Network's Playbook Mode. What this is, is a chance for you to go in and look at several plays within each team's playbook, and we have them broken down by Sterling Sharpe. He goes in there and tells you how they should be run and why they're important to that team's success, and we use telestration to showcase some of the key things within the play. Then you get to run that play in real-time to see what it's all about. Using Sterling Sharpe gave us great insight into these plays and why they're important.

Q: Current-gen systems have been out for over five years. Do you feel like the Madden team has been able to maximize everything these systems have to offer?

Frazier:Yeah, I think we've been at that point for a couple years now. Each year, we go to add stuff to the game, and we're almost getting to the point where we have to remove other things from the product or make sacrifices to fit in new features. We're using PlayStation 2 and Xbox and GameCube to their full potential. Every year, it's definitely a challenge as you try to put new things in the game -- you have to maintain a good framerate within the game or people will complain it's true slow. You also have to make sure the game doesn't suffer graphically when you add something else to the game, like lighting or animation. Everything has its plusses and minuses and you have to be careful what you add. You want the game to look great and play great, and we're definitely pushing each of these consoles to the limit.

Q: Anything else you want to add about Madden NFL 07 for the current-gen platforms?

Frazier: The key thing to remember is that we're not abandoning the current-gen systems. Even thought next-gen gets a lot of the hype, we have a full team dedicated to current-gen development. There are improvements to Franchise, an all-new Superstar mode, online is bigger and better -- there are so many things going into the product, it's gonna be a great game. People shouldn't forget about the current-gen versions just because next-gen is out there now.

#37 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

Easports has also posted a video, here ya go:

http://files.ea.com/...rossSell_lo.mov

#38 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

YO J.C none of the links work for me bro. I'm sure others can't load them up either

#39 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ May 18 2006, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YO J.C none of the links work for me bro. I'm sure others can't load them up either

Yeah, I checked right after I posted it to see what it was, and it didn't work, so I dunno.

#40 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

Madden Nation Radio will feature a special guest tonight. New EA Madden community Manager Mike Johnson (MJ) will join us to introduce himself and discuss some of his plans to make this the biggest and best year ever for the Madden online community.

To listen live, go to the following link at 9:05 PM EST. http://broadcastmons...addennation.asx

Feel free to email any questions or comments to maddenradioshow@aol.com.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users