NYJetsFan.com Forums: Free Tips For A Great Tan This Summer - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 07:33 PM) FIRE BRADWAYS NONEXISTENT AS OF YET FUTURE REPLACEMENT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 07:33 PM) FIRE BAUERS NONEXISTENT AS OF YET FUTURE REPLACEMENT
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM) Mangini 49ers DC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM) Bad hire, the 49ers are seriously downgrading in coach. Going from Harbuagh to Tomsula, now Fangio to Mangini
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 January 2015 - 10:06 PM) Lol wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:17 AM) I hate when people say mangini built our team, I didn't know he was gm. Tannenbaum was good at making moves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 02:05 PM) Bowles added pepper Johnson as dl coach, nice
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM) FIRE JOHNSON
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM) MORE TURNOVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:05 PM) I'm loving all these additions to the JETS coaching staff
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:06 PM) I can't wait to see what Maccagnan does in Free Agency and in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer
The Jets are hiring Bears nat'l scout Rex Hogan as their director of college scouting. Chicago has released him from his contract
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer 14m14 minutes ago
The Jets are also hiring Rams scout Brian Heimerdinger to a prominent front-office role. St. Louis let him out of his deal.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:48 PM) Heimerdinger is our director of player personnel now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) That is Mike Heimerdinger's son who used to be our OC in 05
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) hopefully his son isn't as horrible as his pop was at play calling
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:17 PM) Everyone looks like a bad playcaller when you have no QB and have no talent
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:18 PM) When Heimerdinger was our OC it was when we had a ton of injuries on offense, were down to our 4th or 5th string QB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HOGAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HEIMERDINGER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:47 PM) STFU Harlem you are f***ing getting real annoying with this FIRE bullshit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:13 PM) I thought you didn't pay attention to me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:14 PM) You aaaaaare the wind beneath my wiiiiiiiiiings
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:33 PM) I wonder if any possible new members come here, see no new posts for days and these about box conversations and wonder how the f*** this site is operational
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 12:22 AM) Would u rather FIRE EVERYONE or SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 05:20 PM) Looks like we are having a blizzard the next 2 days over here.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) My boss still said to come in lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) Possibility for midday dismissal though
Chadforpresi... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 09:52 PM) FIRE HARLEM
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 AM) FIRE YOU
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:07 PM) FIRE NYJETSFAN.COM
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) this site has become dismal.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) Thanks Obama.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) But really for all of you complaining about the site. What is there to talk about? We have a new GM and HC that we don't know how good or bad they'll be yet. So there really isn't much to talk about with the draft still months away.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Even I can't blame Obama :drinks:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:42 PM) It could be worse
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:42 PM) we could be Phinzrage
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) We got nothing to talk about
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) HIRE MR JET
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:17 AM) There are some good OGs available in FA, we have to sign one
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:18 AM) Willie Colon was rated as one of the worst in football last season. So was Winters. Oday shows promise
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:18 AM) Orlando Franklin, Mike Iupati, Clint Boling. Should sign one
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:34 PM) Franklin or Iupati would be great
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) hey reg how did you make out in this storm?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) we got slammed with snow but the wind didn't knock out our power so I made out pretty unscathed here in RI
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Free Tips For A Great Tan This Summer

#1 Guest_News_Flash_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

Author: Alfred J.James

The popularity of self-tanning products is surging, showing that Americans are wising up about sun safety. They're putting their money where their skin is. Skin takes a lot of wear and tear, so it naturally regenerates itself. Every 35-45 days the outer layer of the skin, the epidermis, is completely replaced. Since skin pigment is found in this upper layer, any natural or added pigment will be sloughed away in about one month's time.

This is why natural tans fade and why many self-tanning products recommend youre-apply the product every few days to maintain your tan. Self-tanning products, also called ''sunless'' tanning lotions,contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA), a colorless sugar that interacts with dead surface cells in the epidermis, staining the skin darker. The effect is temporary, because as the dead cells naturally slough off, the color fades, disappearing within aweek unless the lotion has been reapplied.

That's a lot more healthful than a suntan, however, because while suntans also start fading after a few days, the harm done to the skin is permanent. Getting a suntan breaks down the DNA in skin cells, but using self-tanners causes no such damage. At worst, sunless tanning products present a minimal risk of irritant or allergic reactions.

1. Self-tanning takes time. Allow AT LEAST a half hour,although an hour would be best. But don’t be discouraged; itwould still take longer to get the same amount of color from the sun and with self-tanners there is absolutely no risk of wrinkles, skin cancer, or sunburn!

2. Take a quick shower or bath (don’t soak) and exfoliate yourskin, either with a washcloth or body scrub. Don’t overscrub,but do pay extra attention to your knees, ankles, feet, elbows,and neck. This will help achieve a uniform appearance sinceself-tanners grab on to dry surface skin cells, and you mayhave more dead, thickened skin cells in certain areas. Aftershowering and completely drying off, apply a thin layer oflightweight moisturizer over the areas where you will beapplying self-tanner. This will help the self-tanner glide onwithout clinging to dry patches. A little extra moisturizer over ankles, knees, and elbows can prevent those areas from looking patchy. I have seen some recommendations to mix self-tanner with your moisturizer, but I advise against thisbecause it will encourage streaking (unless you can preciselymix them which isn’t easy) plus it will take longer for theself-tanner to absorb and dry. Perspiration also will make self-tanners streak, so take a coolshower or bath to keep from sweating. Your skin must becompletely dry to get the best results. Do not apply self-tanner in a steamy, hot bathroom or on a humid, hot day(unless your home is air-conditioned).

3. Ideally, you should apply the self-tanner while naked, but you can also wear an old bathing suit (one you don’t plan towear outside) to help determine where you want your tan line toend. Either way, have a game plan of where you want to stop andstart the color. (Do you want tan armpits? What about placeslike your heels, hands, and ears?) Remember that self-tanners will stain clothing until they completely absorb into the skinand take effect on the skin cell. Applying self-tanner on your back requires a friend with ahelping hand, although you can use a long-handled paintbrush(note that this poses some issues of potential dripping and uneven application if you are not able to blend the product in).

About The Author: Self-tanning products, also called''sunless'' tanning lotions, contain dihydroxyacetone. Find outabout Self Tanning at http://SelfTanning.ewhy.info

[free]

[howto]

http://thor-body-bui...ntry_id=1497943

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users