NYJetsFan.com Forums: Pulled muscle treatment - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:38 PM) Decker is recruiting Demaryius Thomas to join the Jets, too bad Thomas won't hit FA
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) he wont?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:31 PM) he'll be franchised tagged probably
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:23 PM) BAS DOST
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) Bring something to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Teh table
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) I miss our banter everyone EXCEPT Harlem I don't like him very much cause he's annoying as hell and that Wind Beneath My Wings shit is such a example
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) I have elevator video of you giving out high fives
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:03 PM) Thank you for the warm words GG. I appreciate the thought!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 PM) any of u guys know how to size a NBA jersey?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Like im a XL so when I get a NFL jersey I get a L
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Im getting it for a friend
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) SIGN WILL HILL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) There are some decent FAs I hope we go after, we have like $48 mil in cap space, plus more once we get rid of Chris Johnson and Calvin Pace.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) We'll have over $50 mil to spend
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) sign everyone!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) I'd love to grab Cobb, Julius Thomas, and Mike Iupati
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Lol for someone who doesn't like me and doesn't pay attention to what I have to say, GG sure loves talking about me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) It's ok though buddy I love you
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) We just need a QB to throw to them
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Cobb isn't leaving the Packers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) I hope we keep Harvin
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) I like Harvin but I don't think we should pay him that much
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:29 PM) but if we can get a WR keep him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:40 PM) idk how cap works sometime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) how can Denver have 31 mil in space?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 PM) but I guess since they have to pay both Thomas this year that will go fast
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) and have to pay miller next year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:20 PM) Are they not counting PEyton Manning?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) A lot of their players increase cap hits after this season
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) you can work the numbers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:25 PM) if we release Harvin, we won't get him back most likely. Hes the most dynamic offensive player we have had in a while.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) Plus he has no guaranteed money so we can release him at any time for no cap hits. Maybe they can rework his contract, but I hope we keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) I think he will awesome in Chan's offense, maybe worth the $10 mil
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) We still have to pay Mo too
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) yup. We also happen to be in the big years of Mangolds' and Brick's contracts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Brick either restructures after this season or is released, noway he stays at $14 mil
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) I think he does restructure though, can't imagine Brick wanting to play elsewhere. I see him as a career Jet
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) need to re-sign Demario Davis and Damon Harrison as well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) they shouldn't cost much though
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 PM) I'd really love to bring in Franklin or Iupati
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) Franklin, Iupati, or Boling I would be happy with. We need a good OG.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) I think that Oday would be fine as a starter for one spot, he showed promise. Plus it would be a competition between Oday, Winters, and Dozier.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pulled muscle treatment

#1 Guest_News_Flash_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Last week I took a nasty one and now I am fighting some deltoid muscle pain. I used the treatment r.i.c.e. to help it heal faster. It was kind of a strange injury. Everything felt find until about 3 hours later. I took some high strength Advil for shoulder pain relief. It is feeling a lot better today and I think I am going to try some high rep dumbbell chest exercises mixed with some tricep work.

Here is an article about bodybuilding strains and injuries you might find useful.

First Aid Treatment For Bodybuilding Injuries by Chris Chew

Prevention is better than cure, so avoid bodybuilding injuries by having proper warm ups before exercising and use correct form and techniques when training with weights.

Many of you who have followed my articles will know that I am a serious advocate of avoiding bodybuilding injuries by constantly emphasizing on proper warm ups and using proper form and techniques during weight lifting in the gym. Okay, if you think that that I am a long winded nagger, then this article, although it is still about weightlifting injuries, is no longer about avoidance of such injuries, but to treat the injuries already sustained.

This article will cover the immediate first aid treatment you will need to recover from a bodybuilding induced injuries. That is assuming that the injuries sustained are not too serious that need immediate medical attention.

Okay, so sometimes bodybuilding exercises hurt. But how do you know when it's a good hurt or a bad hurt?

The good hurt tends to occur after a bodybuilding workout and feels like a dull ache in the muscle or commonly called the "delayed onset muscle soreness" (DOMS). This type of ache usually indicates that you have been working on that particular muscle hard enough and is a response to the effectiveness of your weight lifting workout although not always necessarily so.

The bad hurt, which generally signifies an injury, is usually sharp pain and the pain comes from a specific spot like in a specific joint or muscle spot. It usually starts as an uncomfortable feeling, which you think will go away. Next thing you know, you are in full-blown pain! Oh dear, what next?

Treat bodybuilding injuries with "RICE"

The acroynym RICE is for the general treatment of minor weightlifting injuries such as sprains, joint pains, tendonitis, pulled ligaments etc

R = Rest

I = Ice

C = Compression

E = Elevation

Rest -- Avoid all activities that aggravate your injury. You may even need to skip your gym workout for a couple of weeks. Rest can mean the difference between a long recuperation (and possibly medical invasive procedures) or just a few days or a few weeks off.

Ice -- Ice helps reduce swelling by restricting blood flow. 15-20 minutes, three to four times a day is recommended as long as the pain remains.

Compression -- Put pressure on the injured site to help keep swelling down. You want to wrap a bandage or a towel tightly enough to feel some pressure but not enough to cause numbness or affecting blood circulation.

Elevation -- Elevate the injured area to reduce swelling.

Your condition should improve with "RICE" treatment. Most of the time, you should see some results within 20 minutes of treatment. However if the pain persists or gets worse, then it time to see your doctor or a sports physician as your condition may be worse than what was initially thought to be.
About the Author

Chris Chew is a fitness personal trainer of actors, male pageant winners, models and other celebrities. More articles at his websites Weight loss body toning program <a tp://www.sgfitness.com"><a href="http://www.sgfitness.com">www.sgfitness.comand Singapore Fitness Trainers

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[bodybuilding]" rel="tag">[bodybuilding]

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[fat burning]" rel="tag">[fat burning]
Whey Protein Supplements For Bodybuilders

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/easwheyprotein/">eas whey protein

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/optimumnutritionwheyprotein10lb/">10lb Optimum Whey Protein
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/championnutritionproteinpowder/">champion nutrition protein powder
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/muscletechprotein/">Meso-Tech protein powder

http://thor-body-bui...ntry_id=1514512

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users