NYJetsFan.com Forums: Pulled muscle treatment - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Azjetfan is the nyjetsfan #1 pick
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 04:34 PM) Morataaaa
NJAzrael71 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM) Looks like Mo is going to get at least 40M guaranteed on his new deal. Mac reiterated that the team has allocated the funds for him.
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 07:49 PM) Morataaaaaaaaa the bastard child sent away has come back!
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:33 PM) Hellooooooo
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:34 PM) As the number one pick I declare this day Azjetfan day
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 09:10 PM) Nix that. Tomorrow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:41 PM) So Santana your not ready to call it a career yet i see
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:43 PM) Santana could be on the bears
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) Or better yet the patriots :D
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) JIMMY G-SPOT
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Santana could be the new ball boy for the Pats.
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Since they fired the guys who are completely innocent
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:06 PM) Santana can you deflate a bag of balls in under 90 seconds?
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:11 PM) Colin Kaepernick is rumored to be back on the block. I wonder if his price has dropped.
santana Icon : (17 May 2015 - 03:45 PM) Eagles should get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 May 2015 - 06:17 PM) What is the status in the contract with Mo?
azjetfan Icon : (19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM) He is under contract for this year and we have the option to franchise him next.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:32 PM) THE KNICKS!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:33 PM) at #4
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 09:20 AM) BAN MR_JET
Mr_Jet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 11:58 AM) LOL. It's not where you pick, it's who you pick. Knicks fans should remember Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul were both #4 picks also.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 02:32 PM) Chan Gailey says Geno is the starter heading into the season. I believe Fitzpatrick is hurt and probably won't even make the roster due to injury otherwise Fitzpatrick should have got a fair shake.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) egno did look really good in that last game.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) he just makes too many dumb mistakes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:23 PM) No excuses for Geno, we have a very good team and its up to the QB to not screw it up
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM) lol go back to the color coded sanchez system rex had
azjetfan Icon : (20 May 2015 - 06:48 PM) RACIST!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2015 - 11:50 AM) Sign Wilkerson damnit!!
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They will. He isn't in any rush to get into a voluntary mini camp
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They aren't pushing it either
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 May 2015 - 06:31 PM) WOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) FIRE IDZIK!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) JETS will cut Miliner cause like I've said since Day 1 he was a BUST!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) MARK MY WORDS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) HE WILL BE CUT!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 PM) FIRE GG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) KEEP MILLINER
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) DEMOTE RAUL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:19 PM) SIGN RIC FLAIR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) If they give up on milliner already that just shows how dumb they are
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) I would think they'd get rid of Kyle Wilson before Milliner.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) Cutting Milliner would be retarded
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) And so far, it seems like our new fo isn't retarded so I'm hopeful they keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:02 PM) Cromartie is pretty much on a 1 yr deal, let Milliner heal up slowly and maybe next season hes our starting CB again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:07 PM) The Jets just made sure they weren't counting on a guy coming off a achilles injury to start at CB in a scheme that needs good CB play, its called trying to give your coach the pieces to succeed..
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pulled muscle treatment

#1 Guest_News_Flash_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Last week I took a nasty one and now I am fighting some deltoid muscle pain. I used the treatment r.i.c.e. to help it heal faster. It was kind of a strange injury. Everything felt find until about 3 hours later. I took some high strength Advil for shoulder pain relief. It is feeling a lot better today and I think I am going to try some high rep dumbbell chest exercises mixed with some tricep work.

Here is an article about bodybuilding strains and injuries you might find useful.

First Aid Treatment For Bodybuilding Injuries by Chris Chew

Prevention is better than cure, so avoid bodybuilding injuries by having proper warm ups before exercising and use correct form and techniques when training with weights.

Many of you who have followed my articles will know that I am a serious advocate of avoiding bodybuilding injuries by constantly emphasizing on proper warm ups and using proper form and techniques during weight lifting in the gym. Okay, if you think that that I am a long winded nagger, then this article, although it is still about weightlifting injuries, is no longer about avoidance of such injuries, but to treat the injuries already sustained.

This article will cover the immediate first aid treatment you will need to recover from a bodybuilding induced injuries. That is assuming that the injuries sustained are not too serious that need immediate medical attention.

Okay, so sometimes bodybuilding exercises hurt. But how do you know when it's a good hurt or a bad hurt?

The good hurt tends to occur after a bodybuilding workout and feels like a dull ache in the muscle or commonly called the "delayed onset muscle soreness" (DOMS). This type of ache usually indicates that you have been working on that particular muscle hard enough and is a response to the effectiveness of your weight lifting workout although not always necessarily so.

The bad hurt, which generally signifies an injury, is usually sharp pain and the pain comes from a specific spot like in a specific joint or muscle spot. It usually starts as an uncomfortable feeling, which you think will go away. Next thing you know, you are in full-blown pain! Oh dear, what next?

Treat bodybuilding injuries with "RICE"

The acroynym RICE is for the general treatment of minor weightlifting injuries such as sprains, joint pains, tendonitis, pulled ligaments etc

R = Rest

I = Ice

C = Compression

E = Elevation

Rest -- Avoid all activities that aggravate your injury. You may even need to skip your gym workout for a couple of weeks. Rest can mean the difference between a long recuperation (and possibly medical invasive procedures) or just a few days or a few weeks off.

Ice -- Ice helps reduce swelling by restricting blood flow. 15-20 minutes, three to four times a day is recommended as long as the pain remains.

Compression -- Put pressure on the injured site to help keep swelling down. You want to wrap a bandage or a towel tightly enough to feel some pressure but not enough to cause numbness or affecting blood circulation.

Elevation -- Elevate the injured area to reduce swelling.

Your condition should improve with "RICE" treatment. Most of the time, you should see some results within 20 minutes of treatment. However if the pain persists or gets worse, then it time to see your doctor or a sports physician as your condition may be worse than what was initially thought to be.
About the Author

Chris Chew is a fitness personal trainer of actors, male pageant winners, models and other celebrities. More articles at his websites Weight loss body toning program <a tp://www.sgfitness.com"><a href="http://www.sgfitness.com">www.sgfitness.comand Singapore Fitness Trainers

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[bodybuilding]" rel="tag">[bodybuilding]

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[fat burning]" rel="tag">[fat burning]
Whey Protein Supplements For Bodybuilders

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/easwheyprotein/">eas whey protein

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/optimumnutritionwheyprotein10lb/">10lb Optimum Whey Protein
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/championnutritionproteinpowder/">champion nutrition protein powder
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/muscletechprotein/">Meso-Tech protein powder

http://thor-body-bui...ntry_id=1514512

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users