NYJetsFan.com Forums: Pulled muscle treatment - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pulled muscle treatment

#1 Guest_News_Flash_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Last week I took a nasty one and now I am fighting some deltoid muscle pain. I used the treatment r.i.c.e. to help it heal faster. It was kind of a strange injury. Everything felt find until about 3 hours later. I took some high strength Advil for shoulder pain relief. It is feeling a lot better today and I think I am going to try some high rep dumbbell chest exercises mixed with some tricep work.

Here is an article about bodybuilding strains and injuries you might find useful.

First Aid Treatment For Bodybuilding Injuries by Chris Chew

Prevention is better than cure, so avoid bodybuilding injuries by having proper warm ups before exercising and use correct form and techniques when training with weights.

Many of you who have followed my articles will know that I am a serious advocate of avoiding bodybuilding injuries by constantly emphasizing on proper warm ups and using proper form and techniques during weight lifting in the gym. Okay, if you think that that I am a long winded nagger, then this article, although it is still about weightlifting injuries, is no longer about avoidance of such injuries, but to treat the injuries already sustained.

This article will cover the immediate first aid treatment you will need to recover from a bodybuilding induced injuries. That is assuming that the injuries sustained are not too serious that need immediate medical attention.

Okay, so sometimes bodybuilding exercises hurt. But how do you know when it's a good hurt or a bad hurt?

The good hurt tends to occur after a bodybuilding workout and feels like a dull ache in the muscle or commonly called the "delayed onset muscle soreness" (DOMS). This type of ache usually indicates that you have been working on that particular muscle hard enough and is a response to the effectiveness of your weight lifting workout although not always necessarily so.

The bad hurt, which generally signifies an injury, is usually sharp pain and the pain comes from a specific spot like in a specific joint or muscle spot. It usually starts as an uncomfortable feeling, which you think will go away. Next thing you know, you are in full-blown pain! Oh dear, what next?

Treat bodybuilding injuries with "RICE"

The acroynym RICE is for the general treatment of minor weightlifting injuries such as sprains, joint pains, tendonitis, pulled ligaments etc

R = Rest

I = Ice

C = Compression

E = Elevation

Rest -- Avoid all activities that aggravate your injury. You may even need to skip your gym workout for a couple of weeks. Rest can mean the difference between a long recuperation (and possibly medical invasive procedures) or just a few days or a few weeks off.

Ice -- Ice helps reduce swelling by restricting blood flow. 15-20 minutes, three to four times a day is recommended as long as the pain remains.

Compression -- Put pressure on the injured site to help keep swelling down. You want to wrap a bandage or a towel tightly enough to feel some pressure but not enough to cause numbness or affecting blood circulation.

Elevation -- Elevate the injured area to reduce swelling.

Your condition should improve with "RICE" treatment. Most of the time, you should see some results within 20 minutes of treatment. However if the pain persists or gets worse, then it time to see your doctor or a sports physician as your condition may be worse than what was initially thought to be.
About the Author

Chris Chew is a fitness personal trainer of actors, male pageant winners, models and other celebrities. More articles at his websites Weight loss body toning program <a tp://www.sgfitness.com"><a href="http://www.sgfitness.com">www.sgfitness.comand Singapore Fitness Trainers

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[bodybuilding]" rel="tag">[bodybuilding]

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/[fat burning]" rel="tag">[fat burning]
Whey Protein Supplements For Bodybuilders

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/easwheyprotein/">eas whey protein

<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/optimumnutritionwheyprotein10lb/">10lb Optimum Whey Protein
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/championnutritionproteinpowder/">champion nutrition protein powder
<a href="http://www.nature-boy-bodybuilding.com/muscletechprotein/">Meso-Tech protein powder

http://thor-body-bui...ntry_id=1514512

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users