To lose one pound of body weight in a week, a person must
consume about 500 fewer calories than he or she burns each day.
Here are 18 ways to lose weight without going on a diet.
1. Instead of drinking orange juice at breakfast, eat a whole
orange. You'll save about 45 calories.
2. Make your breakfast omelette with four egg whites plus 1/4
cup egg substitute. Replace regular bacon with Canadian bacon
to save even more calories.
3. Switch from whole milk to nonfat or lowfat milk. Use sugar
substitute instead of sugar in your morning coffee or latte.
4. At lunch, use mustard instead of mayonnaise on your sandwich
to save 100 calories (per tablespoon) . Eliminate the cheese and
save 100 more calories.
5. Instead of a Big Mac and large fries, go for a plain
hamburger and a small french fry and save a whopping 590
6. Don't eat potato chips at snack time. Have an apple instead
for less calories plus the added benefit of more fiber.
7. Substitute diet cola or iced tea for your usual soda. You'll
save 150-200 calories per drink.
8. Eat every two to three hours with smaller portions. Don't
skip breakfast! Eating small, frequent meals keeps blood
glucose levels stable and minimizes the impulse to overeat.
9. Eat more healthy snacks like dried fruits and nuts, fresh
fruits, cut up veggies or yogurt.
10. Substitute whole grain foods for white bread, rice and
cereals. You will not only cut fat and calories, but whole
grains have been proven to reduce the risk of colon cancer by
increasing the fiber that your body needs.
11. Saute meat, chicken and vegetables in broth instead of
butter. And speaking of butter: replace it with nonfat sour
cream on baked potatoes.
12. Instead of Caesar salad, substitute a dinner sald with
nonfat salad dressing.
13. Do you love pasta? Have spaghetti with marinara sauce
instead of fettuccini with Alfredo sauce. You'll save at least
14. When you're going out with friends, watch your alcohol
intake. Instead of using Coke or Seven-Up with your drinks,
choose tonic water or seltzer.
15. Restaurants are notorious for their huge serving sizes. Eat
only half of your dinner and save the rest for lunch tomorrow.
Or simply share the meal with a friend.
16. Get moving. Walk to the store instead of driving. Walking
is the best exercise you can do to lose weight.
17. Get more walking time by replacing coffee breaks with
exercise breaks. Also use half of your lunch break to take a
brisk walk with a co-worker.
18. Swim, swim, swim. By swimming for just an hour you can burn
500 calories. You'll also end up with a firmer, more toned body.
You don't have to go on a strict diet to lose weight. Change to
more sensible eating habits and start moving your body by
walking, swimming or bicycle riding. You'll be rewarded by good
health and a fit body.
About The Author: Jude Wright is the author of "9 Weeks to
Weight Loss." Visit
http://9weekstoweigh...ose_weight.html for even
more ideas for weight loss.
[weight loss] [fat burning]
Page 1 of 1
18 Ways To Lose Weight Without Dieting
Page 1 of 1