NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jet Fuel Opening - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jet Fuel Opening What do you think?

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Aug 24 2006, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Magoo is horriable, and Lil John is overrated. I can name millions of white rappers that can out rap them. Eminem (as you know i hate him), Beastie Boys, Necro, Zach De La Rocha, Everyone from the La Coka Nostra (Everlast, Danny Boy, Big Left, Lethal, and others)

All those guys rap better then Lil John. The only good black rapper there ever was obviously 2 pac. Everyone else sucks.

So, anyway lets try to keep this on topic. The voice on their right now is ok, but yeah it still is a little squeaky.

1st of all when did this become a black or white thing?
2ndly magoo and lil john were used as jokes since they both suck and rage sucks. its like me saying yeah j-mac is the best RW in the league, right behind price and warrick. u get it?
3rd all those guys u named suck except eminem (who i dislike as well but i give him respect), necro and 2pac

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Aug 24 2006, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Riding Dirty was my choice for the song leading up to our introduction so the discussion over the choice of music is a dead issue. Mary Ann is one of the producers and did a great job putting this together. You guys shouldn't be insulting her with some of these comments. I put up the intro for some feedback and maybe some suggestions on improving it if you had them. So if you do please post them here but be civilized about it. Don't trash someone's work and act like a Raider's fan.

yeah exactly. anyway nobody will ever find a song everyone here agrees on so whatever ron chooses is fine. anyway i like that song and think it was a good pick.

2ndly to say someones voice sounds squeky is messed up. u know how self conscience women are and to ay something like was is messed up.

i think u didn a good job on it and anyway the most important thing is the show itself. if u don't like the intro shut up about it and tune in at 12:01 and you'll never have to hear it.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

I think it's fine for what the show is going to be. Sometimes people expect too much of it but the show isn't really about the intro, its about the quality of the pre game build up and the chat show more than anything.

#23 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Feelgood @ Aug 24 2006, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, this is the squeaky voice person in the intro clip...sorry you feel that way...when you guys come up with something more suitable let us know...we won't work on any more intros or promos until we hear from you...

Oh, by the way...do you talk to any of your Jets Cheerleaders, with "queaky voices", that way...of do you just not notice?????

Jets cheerleaders? We don't have any... lol

#24 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

It's alright..no offense to that producer, but I think the opening should be done by a male. Don't know why, I just think it will fit better.
Posted Image

#25 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 24 2006, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st of all when did this become a black or white thing?
2ndly magoo and lil john were used as jokes since they both suck and rage sucks. its like me saying yeah j-mac is the best RW in the league, right behind price and warrick. u get it?
3rd all those guys u named suck except eminem (who i dislike as well but i give him respect), necro and 2pac
yeah exactly. anyway nobody will ever find a song everyone here agrees on so whatever ron chooses is fine. anyway i like that song and think it was a good pick.

2ndly to say someones voice sounds squeky is messed up. u know how self conscience women are and to ay something like was is messed up.

I don't see why you guys are trying to come to a conclusion of me being the bad guy in this discusion. Ron, wanted to know my opinion on it, so I said what I said. It's good, but not my cup of tea.

Besides now you are saying Beastie Boys suck, and they are quite possibly the best white rap group ever. They must be a damn good rap group considering they've been rapping since 1979. So, again you show your horriable musicial taste. Besides, Everlast, and Big left can out rap Em any day.

Like, I said earlier, lets keep this thread on topic. I don't want this to turn into some kidn of music war. Thats not what this thread was created to be. It was created to say what we though about the thing, and I expressed my opinion on what I thought, and said what I thought to improve it some more.

#26 User is offline   GreenDude Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Feelgood @ Aug 24 2006, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, this is the squeaky voice person in the intro clip...sorry you feel that way...when you guys come up with something more suitable let us know...we won't work on any more intros or promos until we hear from you...

Oh, by the way...do you talk to any of your Jets Cheerleaders, with "queaky voices", that way...of do you just not notice?????

Feelgood,

I apologize
I didn't mean to upset anyone (it seems like I have a special talent for that or something:-))
and especially you guys that worked so hard on this project.

Quite oposite I admire your dedication and talent

I was just merely expressing my (apparently offending) opinion
It was not my intention to be a di%#$...

Looking forward to tune in on Sundays....
Bad day of football beats a good day at the office

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Aug 24 2006, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why you guys are trying to come to a conclusion of me being the bad guy in this discusion. Ron, wanted to know my opinion on it, so I said what I said. It's good, but not my cup of tea.

Besides now you are saying Beastie Boys suck, and they are quite possibly the best white rap group ever. They must be a damn good rap group considering they've been rapping since 1979. So, again you show your horriable musicial taste. Besides, Everlast, and Big left can out rap Em any day.

Like, I said earlier, lets keep this thread on topic. I don't want this to turn into some kidn of music war. Thats not what this thread was created to be. It was created to say what we though about the thing, and I expressed my opinion on what I thought, and said what I thought to improve it some more.

i'll gladly drop the music thing cause its pointless and we will never agree.

back on topic i'm not trying to make you out to be the bad guy to to tell a chick she has a squeaky voice is pretty messed up. thats all i'm saying. and i'm sure they all worked hard and invested their time and money into it and we should show our appreciation. creative critism is ok like saying u don't think the music fits or its too long/too short or a guys voice would be better etc. but to say something about someones voice is childish in my opinion
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Aug 24 2006, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Riding Dirty was my choice for the song leading up to our introduction so the discussion over the choice of music is a dead issue. Mary Ann is one of the producers and did a great job putting this together. You guys shouldn't be insulting her with some of these comments. I put up the intro for some feedback and maybe some suggestions on improving it if you had them. So if you do please post them here but be civilized about it. Don't trash someone's work and act like a Raider's fan.

Wow saying someone with a squeeky voice is insulting?... She tried and did a commendable job but I think her introduction part sounded a bit corny. I know I'm not insulting I'm just giving my opinion. You asked for it.

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

i think u picked a perfect co-host in bluelinecop. he's got a face thats made for radio lol.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#30 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 24 2006, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'll gladly drop the music thing cause its pointless and we will never agree.

back on topic i'm not trying to make you out to be the bad guy to to tell a chick she has a squeaky voice is pretty messed up. thats all i'm saying. and i'm sure they all worked hard and invested their time and money into it and we should show our appreciation. creative critism is ok like saying u don't think the music fits or its too long/too short or a guys voice would be better etc. but to say something about someones voice is childish in my opinion

Did I say to get rid of the voice? No, I said nothing about that. You can keep it in there. I just think after you do the J-E-T-S chant, you should try to pick a better song, something like what I said earlier. I am not the one saying that a guy should be doing this, like jetson said. It still seems to me that you are still trying to make me come out as the bad guy, especially when I think jetson said something a little worse then what I said.

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Aug 24 2006, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow saying someone with a squeeky voice is insulting?... She tried and did a commendable job but I think her introduction part sounded a bit corny. I know I'm not insulting I'm just giving my opinion. You asked for it.

Yeah, thats what I did, you asked for my opinion ron, and I did what you told me to do. I gave you my opinion on what I thought. It's not like it should hurt her feelings. It's just one persons feelings, I am sorry that I hurt her feelings saying her voice was like that. Big deal... lol

#31 User is offline   Feelgood Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 24 2006, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think u picked a perfect co-host in bluelinecop. he's got a face thats made for radio lol.

Hi,

"Squeaky" here again! I did not mean to cause any trouble here, Sean and I love Ron and can't wait for the show "Jet Fuel" to begin...The problem is, we are not a big production company...it's either Sean or myself doing the promo's and intro's, and so on...we write them and then, with our 2 cents worth of equipment, we do the best we can do...You are all entitled to your opinions...if Ron and Lee think we need to use a male voice, then after all it is their decision...BUT...we did not have much time to produce the spot...and we will do another one if Ron asks us to, but it will not be done by the premiere show...

This is all about your love of Football and most importantly THE JETS...So just listen in and have fun and like the other guy said, either tune in one minute late, or just ignore the open and wait for Ron and Lee, and then call in like crazy with you comments...then let's see how "squeaky" you all sound..LOL

Hey, just kidding about that last comment...Ohhh, by the way, I am including a picture of myself...I took it and won a contest with it...Sexiest Halloween Costume Contest...Pic is called "Bon Jovi's French Maid"...I won front row tickets....

Does it matter now that I have a squeaky voice!!!!!!!

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  maid.jpg (114.9K)
    Number of downloads: 29

#32 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Feelgood @ Aug 24 2006, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

"Squeaky" here again! I did not mean to cause any trouble here, Sean and I love Ron and can't wait for the show "Jet Fuel" to begin...The problem is, we are not a big production company...it's either Sean or myself doing the promo's and intro's, and so on...we write them and then, with our 2 cents worth of equipment, we do the best we can do...You are all entitled to your opinions...if Ron and Lee think we need to use a male voice, then after all it is their decision...BUT...we did not have much time to produce the spot...and we will do another one if Ron asks us to, but it will not be done by the premiere show...

This is all about your love of Football and most importantly THE JETS...So just listen in and have fun and like the other guy said, either tune in one minute late, or just ignore the open and wait for Ron and Lee, and then call in like crazy with you comments...then let's see how "squeaky" you all sound..LOL

Hey, just kidding about that last comment...Ohhh, by the way, I am including a picture of myself...I took it and won a contest with it...Sexiest Halloween Costume Contest...Pic is called "Bon Jovi's French Maid"...I won front row tickets....

I wasn't the one to really say you had a squeeky voice. The other guy, was and he appologized, and well I guess I will do the same. I am sorry for what I had said to you. Your voice is completly fine on the radio, the only thing that I didn't really like was the music selection. I expressed which I thought would have been better.

Like you, myself also cannot wait to get Jets Fuel on the air on every Sunday. I will be there every Sunday at 12:00 listening.

#33 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Feelgood @ Aug 24 2006, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

You are allowed to be as squeeky as you want to be. I'm hypnotised. dribble.gif dribble.gif heart.gif

#34 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Aug 25 2006, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are allowed to be as squeeky as you want to be. I'm hypnotised. dribble.gif dribble.gif heart.gif

Pig....

#35 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Aug 24 2006, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pig....

Oink Oink!

#36 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

i thought it was great

and if you have a problem with a music choice or voice well...
make your own damn show

IPB Image

#37 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Aug 25 2006, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought it was great

and if you have a problem with a music choice or voice well...
make your own damn show

Learn how to read, dude. I said I had no problem what so ever with the voice. Also, besides dude, I worked for a radio station in high school, and will be in college as well. So, I do kind of have my own show where I can pick the music.

#38 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

Obviously it could use some Neil Young .. given the season we expect i think 'Only love can break your heart' would be perfect but hey what do i know ;-)

seriously though I think the music track is perfect as you will likely be talking over it at the point .. what they call a musical 'bed' in the biz .. anything more aggresive and youd be competing with the music

other than that I would say start the 'engine' sound fx almost straight away and let it build during the J-E-T-S chant

at first I didnt like the female voice .. kinda like the Karen Keys .. but I think it will be a good contrast to you fellas .. having talked to Lee on the phone I know his voice will be perfect for this

NICE JOB!

#39 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Aug 24 2006, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Learn how to read, dude. I said I had no problem what so ever with the voice. Also, besides dude, I worked for a radio station in high school, and will be in college as well. So, I do kind of have my own show where I can pick the music.

hey, "dude" i wasnt specifically talking to you

IPB Image

#40 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:32 PM

who is going to be the first caller?

IPB Image

• (3 Pages)