NYJetsFan.com Forums: Using The Jets In Madden - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using The Jets In Madden I have the remedy

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

For regular Xbox users!!!

After toying with the roster since launch and using the Jags and other teams oline I always wanted to use the Jets so bad but Pennington sucks ass. Use Byron Leftwhich and you'll see just how bad pennington sucks.

Anways I have been playing with Ramsey and he is way better to use and with practice the Jets offense can be one of the best in the game and no I'm not joking. The thing with Ramsey is not to move when you are thrwoing. If you move on the run allot of the times he'll throw a weird one but if done correctly he'll can throw 70 yards bombs. Thats right 70 yard bombs to Coles with Coles 98 speed. even with safety help on Coles he'll burn anyone in this game. Doubled or not. Put ramsey at starter and get used to his arm in practice mode. Also if you throw hard fast one's their money. He'll rarely over throw them. Ramsey is the shit to use in this game trust me. He just needs some getting used to.

Adjusting line-ups

At running back you can do what you like but I like to start Blaylock because of his 93 speed and Martin backing him up

Askew stays at FB

TE stays the same

RT I start Clement because he's stronger then Jones. That means he'll hold his block longer. Overall rating means squat in madden. You have to look through the other attributes. On xbox if you push in the right joystick it will bring up their stats and what it will also bring up is the ratings that actually matter for that particular player.

Sometimes I put McClover in Kimos spot. Somehow he's 65 OVR as a LB but 73 as a DE. Weird but it works for me. Having a guy thats 86 speed on the line is insane.

RLOB take out Thomas and put in Barton then at the seond MLB spot put in Kassel so he'll be in on 3-4 situations next to Vilma. So your line up should look like

Hobson
Vilma
Kassel
Barton

Sometimes If I don't use McClover at DE I'll substitute him in a formation such as the 4-3 over and sub him in for Hobson only in that formation because I like to use some blitz packages from that formation.

At Corner I put in

Dyson
Barrett
Miller
Strait
Mickens (I'll tell you why I put Mickens here as we go)

under Coleman is going to be the spot where your 5th DB is or 3rd Safety. I put mickens in this spot because I love to blitz out of the quarters when I see 3-4-5 wides. The DB strikes in the Quarters is a play where both Miller and Mickens are blitzing. Thats 95 speed Miller and Mickens 90 speed from both sides. They get there in a hurry. Works like a Charm.

I use "balanced D" playbook. It's got a bit of everything. 3-4 over normal and under
4-3 normal and under
Nickle normal,3-3-5 and 1-1-5
Dime normal, flats and Dollar
46 normal,bear
quarter normal and 3 deep

It;s the best playbook because it has a bit of everything in it.

I'm 10-0 with the Jets online. I'm spanking guys by like 35 to 10 or 14 in each game it seems.

Thats my remedy. With this the Jets seem godly the key is getting used to Ramsey once you do it's overwith.

#2 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

I try using Clemmens...

Hes very hit or miss in that game it seems
some games hes accurate
and some hes not

Either way its very hard to use the jets
especially because if you do use martin, they made him somewhat slow IMO

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Sep 2 2006, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I try using Clemmens...

Hes very hit or miss in that game it seems
some games hes accurate
and some hes not

Either way its very hard to use the jets
especially because if you do use martin, they made him somewhat slow IMO

I'm telling you Ramsey is the way to go you just need to practice. This is also on regular Xbox though

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

can someone please tell me how to run with the QB?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 2 2006, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can someone please tell me how to run with the QB?

Just hold down X on PS2 and directional buttons (don't know what button for XBox but it will be the one you snap the ball with as no receiver icon comes up for it). If you press the throw ball away and snap button to run like last year he will throw the ball away on 07. Just hold down the snap button and use the directions to run, simple as.

#6 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

pennington is reallly bad in madden cuz he has no throwing power so all his balls float

Thanks for the Memories

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Fatman @ Sep 2 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pennington is reallly bad in madden cuz he has no throwing power so all his balls float

Use Ramsey I'm telling you. I'm tearing people apart!!. Winning against elite guys and totally detroying Colts users and whoever. Trust me once you get used to Ramsey it's over with.

Oh and 115 you noob it's the A button. Just hold the A button

#8 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Try trading 4 Beasley or another top FB it REALLY helps

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Sep 2 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try trading 4 Beasley or another top FB it REALLY helps

I play online so I use the current rosters. Ramsey is the truth once you master his arm.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Sep 2 2006, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use Ramsey I'm telling you. I'm tearing people apart!!. Winning against elite guys and totally detroying Colts users and whoever. Trust me once you get used to Ramsey it's over with.

Oh and 115 you noob it's the A button. Just hold the A button

i figured it out an hour ago lol. u call me a noob but u told be to click the right thumbstick the 1st time i asked lol.

anyway i wish i had my 2k. madden sucks compared to 2k
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 2 2006, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i figured it out an hour ago lol. u call me a noob but u told be to click the right thumbstick the 1st time i asked lol.

anyway i wish i had my 2k. madden sucks compared to 2k

I don't remember saying push the right thumbstick. I must of thought you were talknig about something else.

I know your not trying to run with Chad or Ramsey are you? crazy.gif . Just take the sack crazy.gif !

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Sep 2 2006, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember saying push the right thumbstick. I must of thought you were talknig about something else.

I know your not trying to run with Chad or Ramsey are you? crazy.gif . Just take the sack crazy.gif !

not in particular but sometimes its so f-ing wide open u have to
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:15 AM

I use Clemens, he has sam arm as Ramsey and hes more mobile.

they key to winning with the jets isnt any great trickoration its just KNOWING THE PLAYBOOK. If u figure out their money plays, and believe me theres plenty from all different fromations for all different situations, u can run with Cmart for over 100 yards a game, and pass with Clemens for over 300 yards per game.

If u use hem in franchise mode ull have this down pretty well in no time.

dont believe me? thats why when everyone laughs when i pick the Jets in madden they all cry when i beat them and cry b.s. or it was the game.

I am currently in the Finals using the Jets in a Maddn tournament against my football teammates. so yea, the Jets are fine and ive been completely owning with them since madden 2001.

Chad= Cheerleader

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

penny is fine u just have to learn how to dice them with short passes. if you want to connect a bomb you have to do it right on ur third step back if u wait too long his limp noodle arm wont get it there. a lot easier then it sounds.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#15 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Sep 2 2006, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I play online so I use the current rosters. Ramsey is the truth once you master his arm.

I'll try it but I'm so dedicated to Penny that I'll only try online because All-Madden i smoke teams with Penny.

Plus, roster update comes out tomorrow so that means Barlow and other updates.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

O.K for all you that have regular xbox. Throw my a request and I will carve you with Ramsey.

My gamertag is B4ll H4wk Come and get some!.

With Ramsey mastered I'm unstoppable

#17 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

Aight, but I have a feeling I'll get raped

GT: General fly

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:07 PM

clemns is better. he's mobile and can make some plays with his legs to buy time and coles always gets open. in my seaosn me throwing for 500+ withh 300+ to coles is pretty normal per game
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

I rarely throw because im so bad at it. In my season Martin and Barlow split time:

Martin-1200 yards 6 TDS
Barlow-750 yds 14 tds

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Sep 5 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rarely throw because im so bad at it. In my season Martin and Barlow split time:

Martin-1200 yards 6 TDS
Barlow-750 yds 14 tds

dude not to be mean but um....u suck lol crazy.gif

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
clemns is better. he's mobile and can make some plays with his legs to buy time and coles always gets open. in my seaosn me throwing for 500+ withh 300+ to coles is pretty normal per game

exactly when the defenses are actually able to cover my routes i move around and hit someone deep is killer option.

anyone who willingly uses pennington gets what they deserve. why would u wanna just throw dink and dunks and have no verticle threat. that can easily be beaten,

whereas with Clemens i can dink and dunk ya then bomb away,.

Chad= Cheerleader

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users